Doodly Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.73/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

I was looking online for video creating software and I tried many of them and eventually, I kept only the ones I truly found useful and with a great team behind them. I have Doodly and I love it.
Each time I use Doodly I am both impressed at the quality and how difficult it is to produce a good advert using it.
It is the best budget friendly software for whiteboard animation. It works so fine and have a lot of cool products associated with it.
It was very unpleasant to see this message when I was buying this and you got to the part where they were offering you to upgrade it to add more doodles.
Maybe it’s a user error and I need to figure out how to do it.

Hossamudin H.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Awesome software

has been awesome for my team to use, and my trainees.

Pros

Doodly is one of the best whiteboard animation software I've ever used!

Cons

Well, the render time takes more than usual even for a good pc, sometimes...

Md. Rezaul H.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Amazing App but You Need to Get the Upgrade Offers to Have the Best Experience

Doodly is only inexpensive if you buy the Basic Version, which is now available for sale as LTD. The Basic Version comes with only the Black & White version, despite the fact that the developer gives a gift of colored components to Basic Doodly subscribers. Then the tale of push selling begins. > There is an OTO for the Rainbow Version, which includes colorful props and assets > For the Premium Temples there will be an OTO. $$ > For the Premium Training, there is an OTO. $$ [However, they included a wonderful playlist for Doodly users, which is a terrific way to get started and experiment with the program.] > OTO for the AI Voiceover App $$ > OTO for the AI Copywriter $$ > Might be a few more?

Pros

I bought this for my blogs first and then to fulfill clients’ requirements if it is needed fully. It is absolutely amazing. It is straightforward to use, and you can create professional-looking animated videos within minutes. It is great for explaining the concept of any service or product. I am still learning thanks to this app, and it has a lot more potential than you would think at first glance because of just how little tech know-how required!

Cons

Doodly is a great tool that takes advantage of creative, design-driven people. Though the capability to make a visual mind map has been patented by Doodly, their Basic Version is still quite budget friendly for those just starting out or are in need of a powerful diagramming app at work or school. Users can choose from seventy-seven preloaded templates and download whatever basic assets they want the software to use when presenting their doodles to others (Black & White Templates). However, there is also an option if you need some premade doodle templates or want something colorful (Rainbow Templates). Additionally, there are other templates available such as Business Templates and Training Templates that range up to more than $250 altogether!

KM

Kris M.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

A reliable platform for basic yet eye-catching videos

From the moment I began using Doodly, I knew I had found a piece of software that I would go on to use in the future. So I was glad I had paid the one-off fee for lifetime use of this video creation platform. I have not found any glitches that prevented me from doing what I needed with the software. The layout is clean, and I find that I can easily achieve my objectives for clients.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to get started with Doodly without having to read various tips and tricks. Doodly is highly intuitive, but perhaps its best feature is that it is actually fun to use.

Cons

Doodly is great for eye-catching videos that work well on social media - great for my clients who want to promote their products and services on social media platforms. However, it is quite limited if you want to create anything other than animations. Also, the image options available with the basic version of Doodly are quite limited. If you are looking for something specific, the chances are good that you will need to buy additional packs of images from Doodly. These can be a little pricey.

William A.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Doodly is a nice program, but expensive overall with less features

It is a nice program, easy to use but lacks a lot of features other softwares have, they are more concerned about profit then making the software more customer oriented to the point it becomes a big seller

Pros

it is an easy drag and drop program, has some features which are nice, overall easy to create

Cons

they are overpriced for the market compared to others, tehy break down their software at 67, then 97 more for enterprise, then 67 more to add color option, the upgrades are practically none, most bug fixes if anything

DB

Darlene B.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Not Aligned to the Marketed User

Initially, I enjoyed using Doodly. I had great ideas and plans for how I could use the software. But as I used it, I began to be frustrated with the lack of templates. There was a way to suggest features, but the templates were not a part of Doodly when I used it. There were also very limited transitions, so the finished product of mine (and that of most of the others whose work I saw) were cheap looking,...

Pros

I liked the principle of doodle software. I liked that the animations could theoretically be implemented by people of any skill level.

Cons

Though in theory the idea of using doodle-creation software is easy and user-friendly, in fact, to use the software WELL it takes a long time with a high learning curve and high time-on-task. No training, no templates, and little customer service lined up to big promises and unachievable examples.

Revanth S.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Excellent software for creating Doodle Videos

Coloured Doodles or just Sketched, we were able to add any of them, and the varity of options to choose, video animations for Writing and and erasing the doodles was quite impressive.

Pros

I liked its working Interface, it has all the necessary features to smoothly create a Doodle video. A wide variety of Doodle images are their to choose from. Other than Adding doodles we can also add Customisable text and Music. Their is also option to add Custom Doodles. This application has all the features and functions to create an advanced and easy to understand Doodle videos , it is depending on editor that how proper and Clear video he will create.

Cons

I haven't found any issues, but as a suggestion I would recommend to add, the 3d doodles to make video more advanced.

AO

Anthony O.

Animation, self-employed

Great doodle making software

I use this daily to in my business and overall, incredibly happy with doodly

Pros

When you get started the output of doodle videos once finished is the highest of quality. I cannot think of any other doodle making software that actually gives a great output such as doodly

Cons

There could be more ease of use when syncing to voiceovers. Everything works great but would like it to have a better function to sync voice to doodle

JR

Judy R.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Easy to use and fun

This is great software. It's easy to use and allows you to make a doodle video for just about anything you can think of. They have lots of videos to help you learn how to do things, and all the elements are interchangeable, allowing for limitless ideas. You can then take the video and post it or use it in another program to create a larger overall video. You can see one we made here: https://www.bestscopingtechniques.com/welcome.htm

Pros

This software has a low entry point that allows you to create great "doodle" videos easily. The layout is easy to follow and intuitive. The software basically walks you through creation so you can get up and running quickly.

Cons

I would like more options for my particular work category. Even with the higher tier payment, it's missing some items I would like to incorporate. It's not a deal-breaker, however.

José Luis R.

Education Management, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Doodly is great ... but I wish I could create videos faster.

It took me some time to get the hang of it, but once I understood how it works, it is a great tool to create engaging videos.

Pros

I can make just about anything I want. it's a great whiteboard animation software. And you can create very catchy and attention-grabbing videos.

Cons

I wish I could compose videos faster. I am not a software guy and I don't even know if this is possible. But that is the main concern for me.

Edwin M R.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

lets me add value with minimal talent

I am able to add lots of value to our learning assets and video products by quickly introducing animated scenes.

Pros

its easy to get and running and produce your first video really easily and quickly

Cons

I would like to see more library assets provided from the initial purchase.

Arun Sarathy P.

Media Production, self-employed

Not bad for a whiteboard animation software!

Overall, for a tool with a lifetime license, I'm happy with Doodly and expect little. They also provide frequent updates, so that's sweet!

Pros

1. Pricing: I believe sometimes there is a lifetime-license that gets advertised. I was lucky to see one and grabbed it. Boy, it was worth it! Doodly is my first experience with a whiteboard animation software and it met all my requirements; until I found a serious flaw in its design - which I mentioned in the Cons. (this is just me and you could be better off without this feature)2. Ease of use: it's quite easy to use, right out of the box. The UI is self-explanatory.3. We can easily import external SVG files and customize our drawings. It is not always smooth and requires some work, but it works!4. They provide frequent updates, as far as I've noticed.

Cons

1. I don't like its rendering speed. It can be improved. But any whiteboard animation tool has slow rendering, not sure why!2. VideoScribe - a similar whiteboard animation software has a feature that can show all our images/designs on a single infinite canvas page. Doodly is a page by page animation tool - the video output cannot show all the designs zoomed out in the end. This is a serious drawback...

MR

Marcius R.

Used monthly for 2+ years

The best explainer video creation tool

Doodly is great for what it is and what is supposed to be. You can easily create fancy looking explainer videos, and if you're creative enough, can end up making very professional looking videos. Lately I've been creating videos without the drawing hand, just the drawing-without the hand, which makes things look more professional when drawing diagrams and other stuff. So with a little creativity, the purposes can be quite wide, not just the normal cartoon-looking explainer videos. Tie this with other video editing software and you'll be calling yourself a pro in video producing.

Pros

The easiest way to create an explainer video. It has a tons of ready-made drawings that you can search for inside the software. Just select the one you want, and the tool will automatically make it as a drawing. There are a huge amount of assets ready to use, but if you don't find what you're looking for, you can import your own and use the "edit" tool where you can place points on how the drawing...

Cons

There is rainbow add-on that gives you "colorful" assets, but it basically just gives the option to have those previous characters be filled with color. The color in these assets doesn't have a nice path for the hand to move when filling them up. It just goes to a standard fill, which isn't fancy at all, and looks un-natural to the rest of the drawing. To be honest, I don't even use this add-on and...

VP

Victor P.

Animation, self-employed

One of The Best Doodle Video Software Out There!

Doodly is just one of the best doodly video software you can find online! I own several different video software and among them, I have Doodly as a doodle software and Toonly as a 2D animation software both from Bryxen! I was looking online for video creating software and I tried many of them and eventually, I kept only the ones I truly found useful and with a great team behind them! I have Doodly...

Pros

I like everything about Doodly. I like that it is very easy and intuitive to use and I can create amazing doodle explainer videos. I like the drag & drop feature, I like the multitude of drawing hands, I like the multiple boards I can choose for my scenes and even custom my board for my scene. I like the rainbow feature/integration what makes the videos so much better by bringing colour to my scenes, props and characters. I I like the prebuilt templates so if I need a ready made explainer video they have it there for me to customise myself. I like that I'm able to organise my projects in folders right inside the software dashboard. I also like that I'm able to select multiple elements on the canvas and align them. There as so much more features I like in Doodly!

Cons

For this value and for everything that Doodly allow you to achieve regarding doodle videos I can't really name something as least liked.

Borja O.

E-Learning, self-employed

La forma más sencilla y elegante de utilizar la pizarra en tus vídeos

Me ha permitido incluir explicaciones gramaticales detalladas que mis estudiante agradecen y que me han permitido llegar a nuevos clientes a través de youtube y las redes sociales.

Pros

La facilidad con la que puedes crear vídeos de gran calidad en poco tiempo. Yo lo utilizo casi exclusivamente para vídeos educativos, pero su potencial es enorme: anuncios, vídeos para redes sociales, tutoriales, etc. Todo con una interfaz intuitiva y que no requiere conocimientos previos de edición.

Cons

Echo de menos más funcionalidades para editar el sonido.

alexandra a.

Design, 501-1,000 employees

Doodly una herramienta interesante para crear videos de pizarra

Pros

Llevo usando Doodly hace más de un año para crear videos educativos y los resultados son muy buenos, sus elementos son muy llamativos, además, de contar con muchas plantillas y transiciones interesantes con los que se puede realizar proyectos muy creativos.

Cons

La plataforma de Doodly es muy buena, sin embargo, sería genial que añadirean íconos y elementos más profesionales para videos empresariales.

BP

Bed Prakash B.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Best Video Editing For My Educational Video

I am using doodly for creating my ads campaign video that increases my sales and conversion rate. Sometimes I use to create presentations by using doodly which is more eye-appealing and grabs the attention of all presentation participants.

Pros

Doodly supports multiple templates, characters packs that enable the creator to create a video with rocket speed. Doodly is suitable for educational videos, marketing videos, and analytical videos.

Cons

They do not disclose their pricing in a transparent way. They regularly promote one-time payment plans but you need to know one thing that you have some limitations on an on-time plan that you get noticed in ads. If you are willing to use enterprise characters and templates you need to buy separately from the doodly marketplace.

gs

glen s.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

The Power of Explainer Videos

I like the ability to start strongly with production and the ability to find how to videos and apply the learning quickly. It's about creating short, simple explainer videos that keep the viewer fixated on the screen with the animation, getting the message across effectively.

Pros

This software is very easy to get a grasp of. Doodly supplies a host of short videos on YouTube covering all aspects of use. It's possible to create a video within minutes.

Cons

The editing stage can look a little low res and jittery, but that's to enable editing at a fast pace. Once you have rendered the video, it is in high res.

DK

Dattavinayak K.

Online Media, 201-500 employees

Good app for Whiteboard Animation

It was pretty much good.

Pros

I like how easy to use Doodly is. As you scroll through its library you keep getting new ideas for your project.

Cons

Video rendering takes more time, Many library content comes with premium version, using color media library also require premium version.

Eduardo Q.

Design, 501-1,000 employees

Una forma divertida de crear videos educativos

Pros

Doodly permite crear videos animados de forma rápida, los resultados son muy llamativos, ideal para videos educativos, aunque dependiendo del sector también puede ser usado para crear videos coorporativos y de ventas.

Cons

La plataforma funciona muy bien y los resultados son excelentes pero se siente para un uso más educativo que para crear un video de ventas. Eso no desmerece la calidad de la herramienta.

Rogelio A.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Passive aggressive marketing

It was very unpleasant to see this message when I was buying this and you got to the part where they were offering you to upgrade it to add more doodles: "No thanks, I don't want Lifeime Enterprise Membership which includes access to 4,516 additional images, 100 more audio files, 20 extra video templates and other awesome benefits, I realize I'll never have this chance again" Come on! What are they doing? After buying the standard version, I got several emails about upgrading to enterprise premium version again and again and how fast the clock was ticking out. Not good for a product which isn't that good.

Pros

You can illustrate videos really quick. It has a library of items you can use and that animation of the hand drawing while you have the audio commenting lets you create fewer scenes while delivering the audio content.

Cons

It has 2 versions: the standard and the premium. There's not much of a difference between the 2 just that it has more doodles to work with. But there are several doodles that are badly drawn or difficult to work with. I chose a doodle named "Amanda" and there are like 5 of these Amanda doodles that show her face as if she had a seizure with half of the face ok and an eye all twisted like if she...

JM

Jose Manuel L.

E-Learning, self-employed

Doodly. Great toool to create videos

I'm very happy with this software. I can create videos very quickly and moreover these videos are very attractive. I can also use my own images to create these videos. Finally, I can add music to my videos. I like it a lot. You can create videos for you own for selling them. Today, video marketing is very important and Doodly could help you a lot.

Pros

I like the final video, because is different to the other type videos. These videos attracts users' attention

Cons

There are some capabilities that you have to pay, like images with colors and additional templates

Puneet T.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Awesome tool to create engaging video content with minimum effort

I needed a tool that could help me create high-converting doodle videos. This tool not only saves me time but does a great job of creating professional-looking videos with minimum effort. Doodly is super easy to use! The coolest thing is, I can upload my own images, doodle over them and add my own voiceover, it's really easy to use and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Pros

This is one of the best video creation tools I've used in a while, it's super easy to use and I can create my own explainer videos in minutes, instead of paying someone else to do it, I'm using Doodly to make videos for my courses and for marketing as well. What I like most about Doodly is - Ability to upload my own images - Free preloaded soundtracks for background music - Ability to upload your font styles - Custom voice over audio - No limits over the number of videos, create unlimited videos!

Cons

- Internet connection is a must in order to use the software - The Length of preloaded soundtracks are short, even I couldn't find soundtracks of more than 3 mins in length

DL

David L.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Simply Solution to add a little more life into your presentations

Overall, Doodly is a cheap and effective tool that can turn standard presentations into an animated clip. For the price, it is worth it.

Pros

Doodly is really easy to use. The drag and drop functionality allows the user to create quick and simple animated presentations

Cons

The image library isn't as big as other software, but it does do its job. It was annoying to have to pay for the coloured images.

Sergio A.

Doodly Is Perfect For Explainer Videos

Doodly helped me by creating professional explainer doodle videos for my freelance clients.

Pros

I love the simple user interface how easy it is to create a scene, drag and drop characters, add voiceovers, and benefit from an existing template.

Cons

The standard plan (67$ lifetime) is far from enough, offers limited features, and offers a lot of upsells after buying the license; on the other side, their customer support is far from professional, they never resolved my issue.

EO

Emmanuel O.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Nice software

Pros

It is easy to use when it comes to making doodly video, the structure, whiteboard, glass board, green board, it is really lovely.

Cons

You have to upgrade before you can use some important features but you can import your files from your computer.