Google Chrome Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.28/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Google Chrome allows me to save my passwords and I like also the synchronization of google chrome with my email address and it helps me a lot. When I visit my favorite sites.
This is one of the best browsers i ever worked with. Has great interface and is very fast andefdicient and it's data saver options dn privacy options too are amazing.
It is vary easy to use fast processing great customer service. Amazing design and great quality.
This is an annoying thing. There is another issue I often face which is chrome crashes, or not open sometimes.
Main thing I dislike it take most of the RAM of my pc, my pc gets slower when I run Chrome for longtime.
I am not sure about that as far as I have seen sometimes little wrong things. But no many big things to say say it is bad.

1,834 reviews

DM

Dane M.

Youth Minister

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Chrome is like Gold

Transcript

Dane: Hey, my name is Dane. I'm a youth minister for Google Chrome. I give it five stars out of five....

PAUL O.

Technical Director

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Chrome is not the best browser.

Transcript

Paul: Hi, I'm Paul, and I am a Technical Director. I give Google Chrome five out of five. For more reviews...

Mohammed U.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Google Chrome is the most easy and intuitive cross-platform browser with astonishing features

Google Chrome has helped us in various tasks and is not restricted to just surfing the web. It has excellent features like history, and bookmarks that improve efficiency. I would recommend everyone to switch to Google Chrome to enjoy the full capabilities of the web.

Pros

Google Chrome is the easiest and most secure way to browse the internet on all devices. It has various features like bookmarks, history and extensions which enhance the use case of this product. It has an excellent user interface with easy navigation features. It offers various search engines like Google, Yahoo and DuckDuckGo so you can customize the browser according to your needs. It also has a password manager so you can always keep track of your passwords and never forget them. The font size, colours etc are customizable. It also supports various languages. There are various extension options in the chrome web store so you can add additional features to the application.

Cons

There are no cons of this platform, however, I would recommend Chrome to add a built-in VPN option in the browser.

LIZ L.

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

My Reliable, First and Secure Search Engine

My experience with Google Chrome has been overwhelmingly positive. It's my preferred browser for its speed, synchronization capabilities, customization options, developer tools, security features, and integration with Google services

Pros

It has a great speed and performance, It synchronizes easily with devices, Very wide range of customization options, Great security features, and integration with google services.

Cons

High battery usage on mobile devices. Google's ecosystem of services and products, which may not be ideal for users who prefer a more open and decentralized approach to technology

Laura L.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Search History

Overall, Google Chrome meets my needs. One other positive would be the format. I appreciate that even when it updates, the format changes are minimal

Pros

Most people are discouraged by this feature, I however lover it. My memory is not always what I would like it to be. Browsing thru my search History is invaluable. In the remodel and design world product names change rapidly. I may know I was looking at a specific sink, but may not remember the name, thank you search history

Cons

My biggest pet peeve with Google Chrome does relate to the search engine. I understand that companies pay to have their items or website pop up first. My issue, what the same item or company is repetitive on the first page or two. I often find myself automatically scrolling or flipping a few pages just to get a wider variety for my search.

Liz L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Google Chrome or.... no thanks!

Pros

It's the superior browser. I love it. It reopens my accidentally closed tabs and let's me keep as many tabs open as I'd like.

Cons

I have no issues with Google Chrome. It works very well and I usue it all day, everyday at work and at home.

AG

Akash G.

Program Development, 10,001+ employees

Chrome my one and only choice.

As a programmer, I have to search for a lot of things on the web, and for this purpose, I have been using Chrome What I like most about this web browser are: 1. It has a clean interface. 2. Its page loading is very fast. 3. It has Extensions that enhance functionality (like ad blocker). 4. Sign in with my Google account it syncs bookmarks, history, and settings across devices.

Pros

All the features are very good. Chrome has a very fast page loading speed and efficient performance. it has a smooth browsing experience then other web browsers.

Cons

Chrome can consume a considerable amount of hardware resources, especially RAM

JA

Jhon Axel D.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Google Chrome: One of the best Web Browser inside workplace

Excellent. Google Chrome is indeed very good web browsing tool.

Pros

Even before I started to work, Google Chrome was my go-to web browser I used. Its features are very user-friendly and very easy to learn. Google Chrome is the best web browser I used so far, from the integration of maps, drives, gmail, and other Google tools, which expand its use beyond browsing.

Cons

Google Chrome has a large GPU and CPU usage that causes a very slow working process in the small-capacity PC. That is the only down side of Google Chrome

MI

Mohamed I.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Google Chrome review.

Pros

I liked Google Chrome's fast performance, intuitive user interface, seamless integration with Google services, robust security features, and extensive customization options through extensions.

Cons

I liked least Google Chrome's high memory usage, which can slow down performance on less powerful devices, and concerns over data privacy due to its deep integration with Google services.

LG

Louis G.

Retail, 1-10 employees

The best search engine

Pros

Hands down the best search engine, if you have a google account, there is lots of functionality and customisations which is especially useful for creating google pages and sites.

Cons

Recently Chrome requires lots of updates and needs relaunching to update but this is only a minor inconvenience. Also a google account is definitely needed to maximise the benefits of chrome

DE

Dawn E.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Google Chrome excels

Google Chrome is great! Is there even another browser out there?

Pros

Google Chrome is hands down the best web browser you can use. The integration with Gmail is great!

Cons

If you have multiple Gmail accounts it sometimes gets a little finicky when you are saving things like passwords or bookmarks.

JK

Josie K.

Real Estate, self-employed

Google Chrome review

It's a great browser to make your home page. I love how the page is blank with no paid for ads on the front

Pros

It's extremely functional and laid out well. Offers the most options

Cons

It search results feature too many paid for advertisements before non paid for information

Miguel Ángel A.

Music, self-employed

A web browser with a lot to offer

Pros

I used Google Chrome for many years, and during all those years I never complained about it. It's a modern web browser with a lot of security and many features that make it more than just a web browser. It has a lot of variety of extensions that make many tasks easier and I always liked that. I know that it is no longer the only browser that does these things but for some reason it is still the favorite of most people.

Cons

One of the reasons why I stopped using Google Chrome as my main browser is because of the hardware requirement. I know that many people have complained about this, but I do not say it as one of the bunch. When I built my new PC, I wanted to experiment with another web browser, and I ended up realizing that I didn't really need that much. I'm usually a person who has a lot of tabs open and now I have hardware that allows me to do it, but using Google Chrome I'm limited in doing this in a significant way. It actually has a lot of features that are great, but very few people actually use them and I don't really need them.

Government Administration, self-employed

The reasons behind mainstream usage

My experience was positive, i reached a high productivity studiying at Graduate School, summarizing texts, doing reasearch and so on.

Pros

Google Chrome brings a very friendly, intuitive UI and it makes great suggestions to users; such as shortcuts, translations and search ideas. It has more extensions than any other browser and also desirable features as the option to search using pictures taken with your camera instead of text, this comes really handy to find out the name of anything you recognize or find interesting. Another great feature is being able to search inside youtube from the tab, without entering yet the page. The program also allows for personalization with the themes and works smoothly. It has private browsing and cloud based bookmarks, meaning that you can log on any computer and work comfortable as usually.

Cons

It consumes a lot of RAM, although this guarantees a quality perfomance it can turn the program quite laggy if you have plenty of tabs open at the same time while your RAM is medium to small. Programming or research usually demands accesing many sites and it can backfire. There're extensions to prevent ads and pop-ups but they aren't installed by default, this might draing mobile data and it wastes your time.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

The Best Internet Browser

Finding a browser that combines ease of use with the flexibility of use is difficult. Chrome has achieved this difficult problem. Not only that, but the browser is fully compatible with other Google services like YouTube, Gmail, Drive, etc. You can log into your Google account from any device using the Chrome browser and within moments you will find all your settings, add-ons, and bookmarks fully synchronized. If you haven't tried it, you've been missing out on a lot.

Pros

The Google browser has revolutionized the Internet, and there are many features that I love in it that made me leave using other browsers. Since I am an engineer and web developer, add-ons are very important to me, and this is what Chrome gave me. The browser supports a huge amount of add-ons in various fields. Also, a sync feature that allows me to sync my browser settings, bookmarks, contacts, and extensions. I can easily sync all these things on different devices, mobile or laptop.

Cons

For me, the only thing I did not like is that the browser consumes a lot of RAM. When I use it on my old device, I often have to close the rest of the running programs and leave it running alone to get the best performance.

PP

Paolo P.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Professional free browser

Chrome is our default browser in the company, although not mandatory. Surely the latest versions give a greater feeling of protection while browsing even if I always recommend using extensions that block objects that could be malicious. Personally I recommend it for anyone who needs to develop web applications that make heavy use of client-side scripting for ease of debugging via the built-in developer tool.

Pros

Google Chrome is a very simple product to install and use, the main advantage of this Browser is the infinite library of extensions that makes it more and more functional. Personally I use it to debug our web applications given the presence of developer tools that allow you to verify the correctness of the code in real time. Chrome is certainly the flagship browser for using Google's web applications, integrating perfectly with it.

Cons

The management of bookmarks is not the simplest, it is necessary to install an extension to have an advanced management of the bookmarks themselves. From a security point of view, Google appears to be quick and careful in fixing bugs, but like all browsers it collects too much information about our navigation such as the location of the client which is not so easy to disable.

Evelyn F.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Very invasive browser

I used to be a Google Chrome loyal user, but I found myself always needing an extra step to take tasks that might be performed with easy in several other browsers. Additionally, it use to slow down the computer in comparison with any other major browser.

Pros

The search engine works flawless. It is pretty simple to use. Website load smoothly and effortlessly.

Cons

The browser requires to be logged all the time, and there is no difference between the search engine and the browser, then everything you do is on Google Databases. There are many unwanted announcements and upper bars that easily get into your browser. It does consume too many resources from the computer. The tabs management is far behind its competitors.

Antonio B.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Is Chrome the best browser?

The experience is positive. Chrome is my main browser even if, for business reasons, I have to use also other browsers. It is the browser that I use for browsing websites. It is also the browser that I use if I have to work with HTML, Javascript and CSS.

Pros

It is simply the best browser on the market. It is fast, it is simple to use and it is easy to customize. Moreover, it is not just a tool for browsing websites, it is a product that a web developer must use. It can be easily enriched with many plugins that let the users have also additional features.

Cons

Nothing to improve for standard users. Instead, from a developer's point of view, I would improve the management of the CORS rules - Safari has a feature that allows the developers to skip the CORS rules. If you want to do the same on Chrome, you must change the parameters for opening the product.

Tureen Punit G.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Cant't imagine my life without Google Chrome

I am an avid user of Google Chrome and imagining life without Google Chrome is very hard. I just love how simple it is to use Google Chrome and also how adorably clean its interface is. I love the Chrome web store which has an endless number of extensions for all sorts of use. I have downloaded several extensions that are now helping make my work and life simpler by enhancing my user experience. I love using Google Chrome for personal and professional use, and I highly recommend it as well.

Pros

Google Chrome is a great browser that has become an essential part of my daily life. It is fast, simple, and comes with an array of features which makes it the most favorable browser. Some features that I personally love are it supports all kinds of devices, provides easy tab management, lets a user access their search history easily, allows private browsing, and has an in-built password manager. Apart from all this, Google Chrome has a web store as well that has a variety of extensions to choose from.

Cons

I am a huge fan of google Chrome and have been using it for many years now. I love every single thing about Google Chrome right from its clean interface to its huge extension library. The only thing that bugs me a little is, that sometimes when I open a lot of tabs at once, it starts to lag a bit. other than that, I love using Chrome.

Mahmudul islam S.

Civil Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Best browser with lots of features

What I like most about Google chrome is! It's interface and integration with google product. You can not deny it, google makes our life easier. So when I need to do major activities, I try to do it faster . With google chrome in my side, it saves my lots of time. I want to mention about extension store, it's like I can find all important tool/ website extensions their to solve my task.

Pros

Easy to understand the feature, good speed during using the browser . Have awesome download manager . Most important things helps me , the integration with google product as well as other 3rd party product. It really help me to boost up my activities. Extension store is very updated, they continuously updating all the features. Browsing speed is quite generous.

Cons

One things is holding me up that, it slows down my device , when we are doing continuous work with chrome. Feels like it's occupied all RAM to give us the speedy environment.

Fernando Manoel B.

E-Learning, self-employed

One of the best browsers on the market

Overall I use Chrome much more often than other browsers

Pros

Chrome is integrated with several Google tools, which facilitates navigation and speeds up productivity, such as accessing the drive directly

Cons

One thing that needs improvement is the amount of memory each new instance generates when opening a new tab. It's still using up a lot of memory.

MK

Marcin K.

Computer Software, self-employed

A browser of Your need - Google Chrome

A browser that can by tailored to You and Your needs. I has everythink that You may need to work efficiently. For me, it's a go to browser whenever I need to check something on the Internet, and even when I need to read some PDF file.

Pros

The think that what I like the most in Google Chrome is it's abundance of options and possibilities to customize it. I can access my bookmarks and history from any device that I've logged into Google Chrome with my Google account. I can add extensions which help me speed up my work and make me more effective!

Cons

Google Chrome uses a lot of RAM when it's working. That's a big drawback esspecially if someone is having a lot of tabs opened, cause in that way the performance of the machine drops. Some bigger optimalizations of that might be helpful for users

MM

Majeed Mohammed D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

New tab management feature on mobile is awesome

Chrome has been my main browser for over a decade. I still have tabs that have been open for over 9 months on my p.c. The user accounts and passwords management feature used to be a bit sketchy before; which made me very weary about using the shared devices to sign in to websites. Sometimes I would ask to not save sign in credentials but still have them preload the next time around. But recent security and guest mode features added have completely fixed that fear... and I couldn't be happier.

Pros

The new tab grouping feature is really great. By grouping linked tabs under the same cluster, trying to find specific tabs is no longer as difficult as before when I had to scroll through the countless number of open tabs to find which one I needed. The new guest mode feature is also great for keeping user preferences cleanly managed on shared computers.

Cons

They offer very few robust options for limiting third-party cookies, random notifications, and popups. They have gotten better over the years but it's still not that great.

Luke S.

Commercial Real Estate, 10,001+ employees

Gold Standard in Browsers

I love Chrome. It's been my exclusive browser since college. Safari's annoying and a bit clunky, and Edge/Internet Explorer are absolute garbage, but I don't have anything against Firefox. I love that it's fast, effective, and free.

Pros

Chrome is fast, efficient, and customizable. Its integration with other Google products (Search and the Google suite) also adds a lot of nice extras. Its automatic updates, tracking across devices, and dark mode are all great, and the UI is intuitive. I love the clean aesthetic and speed.

Cons

My only complaint about Chrome is that when you click to open a downloaded PDF from Chrome, it opens it in a new tab, rather than in Adobe. Chrome can't edit PDF's and lacks OCR technology, so I wish that would stop.

RK

Raj K.

Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Surf the web securely with a friendly interface

The moment you open your laptop, the first word that comes to the minds of most users is Google and Google chrome is true to the expectations of most users, providing safe surfing, search engine, extensions and more.

Pros

1. Google Chrome is a user-friendly browser with loads of valuable features. 2. You can surf the internet without worrying about security aspects as it is one of the safest browsers out there. 3. There are numerous extensions on almost every category imaginable, ranging from games to utilities and everything in between. 4. The incognito mode lets you go anonymous and handy bookmarks allow you to stay...

Cons

1. Sometimes it hangs or does not load a site for a long time. 2. Despite tight security protocols, gullible users fall prey to internet criminals who steal your data, open unwanted tabs, or slow down your browsing experience. 3. Thousands of chrome extensions sound fishy and should not be allowed on the Google platform.

Stacy-Ann B.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Google Chrome - "The Browser of all Browsers"

Google Chrome has been beneficial to me in many ways. It has allowed me to browse the internet for entertainment, personal, work and educational purposes. I have also been able to search for jobs easily using the browser and I am also able to receive notifications about jobs as well. Moreover, in terms of my professional life, I have used Google Chrome at work to gather information about supplier and look for accounting software.

Pros

Google Chrome is inexpensive and relatively easy to use web browser. It is also filled with a variety of features that allow users to search online for anything, and receive results in seconds. Moreover, Google Chrome helps users to manage their bookmarks, history, and tabs, which helps users to quickly access the information that they need. Furthermore, passwords can be saved in Google Chrome via...

Cons

Google Chrome has a lot of features, therefore it occupies a lot of space on a desktop, laptop and phone. Additionally, Google Chrome crashes a couple times per month, and web pages take a long time to load in some instances.

Publishing, self-employed

Overall Excellent

Overall, Google Chrome is a fast, secure, and easy-to-use web browser. It is a good choice for most users, but it is important to be aware of the potential privacy concerns and the risk of adware.

Pros

Fast and efficient: Google Chrome is one of the fastest web browsers available. It uses less memory and CPU resources than other browsers, which can make it a better choice for older computers or those with limited resources.Secure: Google Chrome is a secure browser. It has a number of security features, such as sandboxing, which help to protect users from malware and other online threats.Easy to use:...

Cons

Resource-intensive: Google Chrome can be resource-intensive, especially when it has a lot of tabs open. This can slow down your computer and use up your battery.Privacy concerns: Google Chrome is a Google product, which means that Google collects data about your browsing activity. Some people may be concerned about this, as they may not want Google to have access to this information.Adware: Google Chrome is often associated with adware. This is software that displays unwanted ads. While Google Chrome does not contain adware itself, it can be downloaded from third-party websites that are infected with adware.