OptimisPT Logo

Rehab-specific EMR solution with embedded clinical support

OptimisPT Reviews

Suggested alternatives

power-diary
simplepractice
intakeq

This EMR is comprehensive and compliant with most insurance companies. The webinars that they host are great and up-to-date.
I like how easy this program is to learn and use. The lay out has a good flow to it.
Overall, the experience has been excellent. I would recommend for any office looking for a physical therapy specific EMR.
The only complaint i have about optimisPT is when you go to cancel a pertinent is stays on the schedule.
Some of the Worst Customer Support of all Services I contract With For My Business.

MH

Meagan H.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Magna Employee Review

I would say it’s good and a fairly easy system to use and teach to new employees who are not familiar.

Pros

Easy to learn to use and the layout of the soap notes makes sense.

Cons

It occasionally can be slow to respond and save parts of the notes which can be problematic when scheduling and documenting in a timely manner.

Hi Meagan, thank you for the feedback! We put a big emphasis on ease of use. We appreciate your details on the response time and have put several plans in motion earlier this year to enhance load times! If you want provide further feedback, our ears our always open for feedback!

HP

Heather P.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Good price for part time therapists with good overall functionalities

Good - they have implemented some of our suggestions and the support team gets back to us quickly.

Pros

It doesn't force me to click except a few minor exceptions. I can use the program to make custom templates or just type a soap note or use the auditing function to be sure I'm compliant. It gives lots of options once you learn how to work with it. It charges for usage. For a practice with a lot of part time therapists it is a much better price point than competitors.

Cons

It doesn't have automatic processes in place to cue and track authorizations. The wait list feature doesn't allow us to prioritize patients. The wait list feature doesn't autodial patients to fill holes from the schedule like other EMRs. It doesn't have AI built in yet to translate visit audio recording to fields in the EMR and an integration with one of the AI companies would be great. Also automating some of the billing side makes sense to add.

Hello Heather! Thank you for taking the time to provide us detailed and extremely valuable feedback! More automated features are on the way. Implementation of A.I is very important to us which is why we want to integrate it the RIGHT way. Not only to automate processes but to supercharge our best-in-industry evaluation & documentation tools in effort to stay true to our mission of better patient outcomes! We'd love to hear more of your feedback, please feel free to reach out directly and set up a time to meet one-on-one or with anyone from your team that wants to provide detailed feedback! Thanks again for taking the time to review us! We are excited to turn your 4/5 into a 5/5! It sounds like we still have to earn that 5th STAR! We'll get there!

JA

Jeff A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

It's fairly simple to use, but has its glitches. It does not integrate well with our billing company with regard to communicating payments made by clients on non dates of service. They never answer their phone. They retaliate for criticizing them, despite providing them objective proof of their short comings. I'm sure they will retaliate for this review at some point. They advised me that the one rep they had who was very helpful had mutually decided to part ways with them and his replacements do not know the system as well. Contacting them "on your time" vs theirs is next to impossible.

Pros

Easy to learn functionality when teaching it to students/new employees. Initially, the total features for the price were better than other systems where you picked features a la carte. After using it, I've found that many of those extra features included have not been useful or functional for us.

Cons

Unbelievably poor responsiveness and professionalism by its personnel, especially the guy in charge of customer outreach. 3 prolonged downtimes (1 of them lasting numerous days) that were disastrous for our business and a completely apathetic response to the problems they created for our business and patient care.

BM

Brian M.

MagnaReview

Overall experience is that it is slow since V2. Would like changes in objective data order( alphabetical)

Pros

Scheduling and text messaging Faxing ability

Cons

Flow sheets Promised time frames were lengthened

Gp

Gabriela p.

OptimisPT is great !!!

Great experience so far!! Customer relations team is always available to help!

Pros

I love how easy it is to complete my daily SOAP notes!

Cons

It can be time consuming when completing initial evaluations

SR

Stefani R.

Best I’ve used

Best web based system I’ve used. Notes are quick to complete while still being thorough

Pros

Easy notes, carry over features, simplicity

Cons

Holds are not categorized in an organized matter.

Hello Stefani! Thank you for the feedback! Notes certainly are important! Ecstatic that you love them! We'd love to hear more specific feedback on the "holds categories" - We're super open to feedback like this, please contact us directly and let's improve, TOGETHER! Thanks again for taking the time to review us, we truly appreciate your feedback!

KR

Katie R.

Billing Perspective of OptimisPT

I like the ease of registering a patient and the portal intake option.

Pros

Scrubbing claims is quite easy with OptimisPT. All the information you need is right there on the screen with minimal need to click into another section.

Cons

I don't particularly like that you need to invalidate an encounter in order to add/subtract info you may have missed on your first scrub or that the PT added after the initial finalizing of the claim. I also wish that Optimis had an online scheduling platform.

LG

Lourdes G.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Amazing EMR system

Pros

it is very user friendly when it come to scheduling, tracking appointments, and completing notes the day of

Cons

the only complaint i have about optimisPT is when you go to cancel a pertinent is stays on the schedule

NP

Nikki P.

Optimis PT

10/10 experience. Very easy to use and good customer service.

Pros

Easy to use, especially doing SOAP notes. Functions well with all devices.

Cons

Working with the billing holds can be complicated sometimes.

Hi Nikki! Thank you for the 10 out 10! Ease of use is the name of game! Therapists are the driving force of physical therapy clinics, there is no clinic without you! Provider user experience and clinical support tools have always been the number one priority for OptimisPT. Striving for evidence-based care to enable better patient adherence and overall better patient outcomes! - If you need some extra help with the billing stuff, let us know! Use us as a resource! Happy Treating!

DP

David P.

OptimusPT review

Pros

Once it is customized, filling out patient charts becomes much easier than with alternative EMR software.

Cons

Implementation of home exercise into chart feels a bit clunky.

Hello David! Thank you for the valuable feedback! Customization is crucial for PT's to work the way they want to. We'd love to hear more details about your feedback on the home exercises! We're open to your ideas on how to improve that section if you'd like to share more with us. Thanks again, for the taking the time to review us and provide your feedback!

RN

Rose N.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

OptimisPT is a great web based platform for therapy!

Great experience overall - account reps and development teams are over the top helpful and swift with resolution. Great communication and transparency all along the way. Continue to be a great partner in documentation, scheduling and billing.

Pros

Easy to implement, smooth workflows, custom templates, updates made based on client feedback, integrated with our PM.

Cons

No real dislikes - any issues faced were swiftly resolved.

RJ

Robert J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

A User, but not by choice

-It requires too much navigation between different screens to view "Attachments" (where our company stores the referral notes). -The Treatment Section is annoyingly detailed and the "add text" boxes are many and small. After just a few lines, you have to scroll up and down on the text box even though there is still plenty of empty space elsewhere on the screen. -I don't use their "Clinical Findings"...

Pros

After looking at the other reviews, the one I most agree with is the "Too detailed ... takes too long to do clinical documentation ..." Optimis gets back to you quickly for customer support via email and, as noted in one of the OptimisPT responses to a review, they do have a phone number too, but its not prominently displayed and the first time I learned about it was via reading an OptimisPT response...

Cons

They say the Devil is in the details and here is where I get very frustrated with Optimis. Some Clarification: I have been using Optimis 2 days per week since January 2022 (it is now the end of July 2022) as a PT working part-time. I am 40 years old but moderately tech-savy. I don't tolerate annoying redundancies and unnecessary drop-down menus. I want an EMR to be efficient so that I can spend...

js

jevene s.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Better than WebPT

excellent customer service support from Optimis PT - they responded w/in an hour or less when a support ticket was submitted, and it was always a PERSONAL reply, directly relating to the issue in question; not an email referring you to a link on their support page

Pros

I used OptimisPT at a clinic I worked at previously, and liked the fact that there was so much ability to customize the software - there is much more flexibility in both the assessment and the treatment section to customize so that you do a minimum of typing and just click drop down menus. It is not immediately intuitive, but that is true of any software that has a lot of functionality. Once you get the hang of it, it is elegant and easy to use.

Cons

I really can't think of much negative to say about Optimis - it is a great product; it just costs more than other things on the market. I just started my own practice, and got WebPT because it was cheaper than OptimisPT, and it is widely used by other clinics - although I did do a one hour "demo" with the sales team, it wasn't until I started using WebPT that I realized it doesn't have nearly the depth and breadth of customization - there is NO customization available in the treatment section, and I do NOT do "factory" PT where everyone does a lot of standard exercises and modalities. Getting WebPT was the biggest mistake I did in my practice.

Hello Jevene, Thank you for the wonderful review! If you are interested in OptimisPT please feel free to reach out to me directly at (951) 334-2494. Sincerely, Rachel Bettini

CI

Catherine I.

Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 employees

Why I would recommend OptimisPT

Pros

[sensitive content hidden], is probably the best support person for any vendor that I have ever worked with. He is responsive and open to requests for change/customization for our needs. [sensitive content hidden] is the best. These 2 representatives for OPTIMIS set the bar high for us with other vendors because the response time, service and attention to our needs is A++

Cons

Some limitations with scheduling for our larger clinics.

JC

JoAnn C.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Physical Therapy- specific, but lacks customization

OptimisPT is truly physical therapy-focused, and I am so happy to have software for our PT practice that is. It keeps very up-to-date with changing PT requirements and trends. Though priced higher than other similar software, its ease of use and specialization in the physical therapy profession is very important to us and will keep us users for a very long time.

Pros

OptimisPT is truly focused on the clinician and practice, and keeps very up-to-date with current PT trends. It is always adding new features that aid a PT clinic, both on the scheduling and practice management side as well as the clinician side.

Cons

I would hope for the higher price tag that this software would allow for more customization. We are a small practice and being able to customize the patient appointment reminder email so that it reads in a way that shows we have just one clinic location would be such a satisfied. But we are almost two years into using this software and our patient appointment reminder emails still read in a very clunky, and grammatically incorrect, way. Also, a sticking point for us would be to be able to speak with customer support, rather than only having the online chat and email option.

Hello JoAnn, Thank you so much for your review. We do strive to make a superior product for you, our customer. I noticed that you commented about support not having a direct line for phone conversations and I wanted to provide you with that number which is (310) 697-8788. Please do not hesitate to call. Sincerely, Rachel Bettini

AS

Amy S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Best Software for Physical Therapy Private Practices!

We have been using OptimisPT for about five years for several of our clients. It is one of the best that we have found. We have used several other software, and by far this is the easiest all around. If you have any questions or issues, you click the support tab, and very quickly they will respond with assistance, other software, we may way a week or longer to get an answer.

Pros

The ease of the software, it is very easy to setup EOC, without having to set up the patient several times. We can also set the appointments based on the EOC. The billing component is very easy to finalize our claims. The program will let the billing specialist know if the therapist hasn't billed enough units or if the therapist is billing too many units.

Cons

We haven't seen any issues at this point. The software works for what we need as a billing company, and the support is very helpful.

AD

Ann D.

Quality and Care

OptimisPT clinical, technology and compliance staff are always there and supportive. In a health business environment where it often feels like everyone is against you, the OptimisPT staff are there to help, encourage and educate.

Pros

OptimisPT is fantastic in regards to allowing us to be fully compliant with all rules and regulations for billing in the PT industry. You can customize but you don't have to.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to locate the exercises you want in the exercise section.

WS

Weston S.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Compliant and effecient

Overall, I recommend OptimisPT for all types of practices. The practice management tools embedded in the system helped to assist in day to day operations and make for a smooth transition from clinician to administrator.

Pros

I have sampled several different PT EMRs, and without question OptimisPT is the most user friendly and efficient documentation system I have sampled. Compliance is important, as well as thoroughness of documentation, and OptimisPT checks all the boxes to ensure compliant services are rendered. The embedded clinical decision support is second to none, and helps to advance the novice clinician in their supportive reasoning.

Cons

There are too many exercises embedded in the system, which makes it sometimes difficult to find the particular one you were looking for.

BM

Byron M.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

IT can be better.

Pros

I like the ease of use with charting. The drop down and clicking makes it easier to manage.

Cons

The exercise portion of the program is not great at all. Too many exercises and it not easy to filter out. There are too many drop downs. You can type in an exercise and instead of exercises directly generating, a selection of drop downs to chose from is generated and you still have to search for the exercises. There is no point of having a search bar if you still have to search for an extended period of time for the exercise. You should also be able to generate your own photos for exercises that are not listed in Optimus.

Hi Byron, Thank you for your honest and valuable feedback! This feedback is extremely helpful! In an effort to improve, we would like to hear some more of your thoughts! Please feel free to reach out directly to discuss any other feedback you have that will enhance your experience as an OptimisPT user. Thank you for sharing your experience as it will help us improve!

GD

Ginny D.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Compliance and Efficiency Review (CER)

Pros

OptimisPT's Compliance team performed a Compliance and Efficiency Review (CER) for our team of 10 providers. Receiving feedback from an outside source was valuable in discovering documentation that could be improved upon to justify the necessity of physical and speech therapy. We found value and benefit and highly recommend a CER to anyone that wants to help ensure they can pass an audit. Documentation from a compliance standpoint can help reduce payment denials. The audit helped point out to our Team, facets that we should be paying more attention to, but also from an efficiency perspective to help save time on documentation. We hope to undergo a yearly audit so as to stay current and efficient in providing therapy services.

Cons

Nothing; always trying to meet the needs of the customer.

EC

Elizabeth C.

Pros

Cons

Depending on your settings it can take longer to load pages if it has a lot of data.

Hi Elizabeth, Thank you for your valuable feedback! OptimisPT strives to stay focused on the ease of use and practical applications for therapists to document efficiently. Better and more consistent outcomes is the ultimate goal! We would like to hear more about your less than satisfying category ratings for support and value. Please feel free to reach out directly to discuss these areas further in depth. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with OptimisPT!

JO

Jennifer O.

Very efficient EMR

I've been with OptimisPT since it was originally launched and can't compare to other products, but it has definitely evolved over the years into a very helpful system.

Pros

It is a very efficient system for documenting on physical therapy patients. Ability to create custom patterns and exercises.

Cons

The frequent timing out and error messages while I'm trying to get my charting done before lunch or at the end of the day. Too much clutter within the embedded exercises that make it difficult to find the exercise I'm looking for.

DT

Dora T.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Optimus Review

Over all a great experience. I have seen may other programs and this one is very easy to learn

Pros

The tag system that allows us to see special requests or if something needs to be completed

Cons

The glitches that sometime occur when scheduling such as delays in opening a window. The system is sometime slow

Hi Dora! Thank you for the great feedback! We're glad you're having an overall great experience! Have you tried the new version of the schedule? If you haven't and would like a walk through, we're happy to jump on a call, LIVE to show you!

MS

Martha S.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Outpatient therapy EMR

Our hospital system went with another EMR but out outpatient clinic opted to stay with OptimisPT because the outpatient therapy world requires so much in terms of documentation that the hospital-wide system did not provide.

Pros

Cons

I don't think that I have a "con" in regards to the EMR - it is user friendly and being web-based is really helpful.

DS

Darlene S.

Review for OptimisPT

I would say it is decent. It is pretty easy & mangable.

Pros

Makes accessing patients schedule & information easy & quick to use which is important.

Cons

It can run slow at times & show error when loading pages.

Hi Darlene, Thank you for your valuable feedback! Please feel free to reach out directly so that we may gather more details and resolve any issues you may be experiencing. A smooth and enjoyable experience is extremely important in our eyes. Please feel free to reach out directly so that we may resolve any issues or concerns you may be experiencing. Thank you for sharing your experience!