All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

import.io

Web data extraction, preparation & integration platform

import.io Reviews

Pros

It's a good tool and has successfully built a product that can easily collect data with just a few clicks.

Erin W.

Read the full review
The opportunities that Import.io opens up is immense.

James B.

Melissa P.

Pascal K.

Read the full review
Most other services you "pay as you go. The pricing structure is designed to force you into paying for more, and keep paying.

Logan D.

3.6

Lots of power for non-programmers and friendly pricing

Pros

Import.io gives you the ability to generate custom data through web scraping. Trying to do this with open source tools is possible, but not easy. Import.io makes it much easier if you're not a programmer or sysadmin, and the pricing is reasonable.

Cons

Some workflows could have better UI: sometimes there can be a lot of clicking for repetitive and simple tasks, especially on websites with many pages.

Le Scrapping simplifié

Bien

Pros

Import.io a été une agréable surprise pour ma part, nous devons amasser une masse non négligeable de données en ligne et les structurer de manière à les exploiter en back. Manuellement c'est l'enfer. Avec les méthodes de scraping classique, la variation des structures de site en site ne permet pas de maintenir un modèle viable. Avec IMPORT.IO tous ça est simplifié, tu lances et tu prends les données que tu veux dans la forme que tu veux.

Cons

* La limite dans la version test, on y prend gout rapidement donc on souhaite aller plus loin * Manque de visibilité immédiat sur le pricing

Avoid Import.io

Pros

Cons

They have changed their terms and are now claiming overuse - despite the fact there used to be an account query limit that prevented you exceeding your plan. They have removed this limit, not updated any terms and conditions and have not notified their customer base in order to try and catch out users and hit them with a large 'overage fee' despite there being no mention of this anywhere on their website.

Great app By Import.io

Import.io is great app for data extracting, you can turn web page into data within minute and very simple to learn no need to go anywhere when using import.io

Cons

The opportunities that Import.io opens up is immense

I first discovered and used Import.io back when they had a free desktop browser - this led me to working with Import.io across a number of projects, something that I wouldn't have been able to do without the free browser. It's a shame that this has gone, but I still can't fault the value behind the product these days.

Pros

- Powerful - there's more to just extraction these days, with manipulation and reporting - SO easy to get started with, with smart data extraction, there's a lot that can be done without REGEX or XPath - Scalable - Great support

Cons

- It's not affordable for the single user anymore

Never do business with them again

Pros

The reporting tool and the dashboard which gives you an overview.

Cons

It's extremely expensive compared to their competitors and their client service is -from my experience- bad. Also the way they try to extend a contract is not very 'client-friendly.'

It's an 'okay' tool, with the worst customer service

Pros

The user-interface was easy to navigate. A certain website, such as a Forum with multiple pages don't work with the tool, but some websites do.

Cons

I would advise anyone with looking at this tool to think twice about purchasing and to read their Terms & Conditions very carefully. We tried to close our account ahead of the scheduled relapse date, and Import ignored our calls & messages until the relapse date had passed. When we finally got a hold of Import, their customer service person was not at all compassionate about the situation and refused to refund us.

The WORST customer experience of my life!

Pros

You know, I really did like using the software in the beginning - it helped reduce a ton of time-consuming data collecting. But I now have serious regrets...

Cons

As soon as I had issues, there was ZERO help. They just defer your requests and hope that you'll give up. I did NOT want to renew, so I went to cancel my annual subscription a few weeks before it was supposed to renew. It turns out they require a minimum of 4 weeks notice to cancel! They refused to cancel my subscription and charged my credit card. I spoke to a salesperson and he was the rudest person I've ever spoken to - making false promises and never following up. So now we're stuck with this EXPENSIVE software for another year. If you're thinking about subscribing to their software, my advice is to stay far away!

Great tool for what it does!

We found this to be a great tool for data mining and parsing specific information from websites. There's definitely a bit of a learning curve, but it got us exactly the info we needed in the format we wanted. We primarily used import.io in conjunction with a Twitter search engine app to compile structured data for searches based on specific hashtags, keywords, and usernames. It did a fine job. We did not have to contact customer support, but I did find online discussions to be useful enough to get what we needed.

Good Scrapping Tool

A very easy scrapping tool for those who have no basic knowledge of code and programming. And it's free !

Cons

Extracting data from website couldn't be easier

This saved me at minimum days of manual entry from websites. And that was for a small project. With a large extraction job this would be a life saver.

Pros

I set up a extractor to use for data analysis of URLs of many different groups and it was pretty easy to do. I had many contacts from the import.io team and good help. I also worked some on a web crawler. Eventually, I switched off to a different project where I didn't need this functionality, but it worked really well.

Cons

I wish products from other for collecting/using data were as good, and that I still had projects that used this excellence product.

Intuitive but Overpriced

Pros

Nice clean interface, simple dashboard that is user friendly. Easy to sign up and use immediately

Cons

Extremely overpriced for what you get. Import.io is designed to make them money, not be a useful service. And the terms and conditions are filled with hidden tricks- if you don't cancel 7 days earlier, they charge you again with not possibility to request a cancellation. No other data service is this starchy. You pay for your queries regardless of whether you use them or not. Most other services you...

Great data extraction tool

import.io is a good, relatively simple API creation tool. Their UI may not be the prettiest, but once you actually drill down into using the tool it can do some pretty powerful stuff. It's made my getting data to integrate so much quicker. The best thing about them though, is their amazing support team. They are always on hand to answer questions and point you in the right direction.

Cons

Great product. Easy to use and FAST!!

Speed

Pros

How quickly this product can scrape a page or multiple pages. competitors take hours, this takes minutes.

Cons

The fact that each sub-page costs a credit. It can quickly get expensive if you are extracting data from a number of sub-pages.

Easy to use, but no support and many features missing

This software is very easy to use. But as soon as questions arise, you are totally on your own. The import.io team directly navigates you to and support forum without helping you. Sadly also a lot of features were missing, like scraping more than 15 items or parsing dates.

Useful Keyword Tool

Pros

As someone who runs ppc ads, this tool is useful for extracting data from websites that can then be deployed as keywords

Cons

I personally think this software is quite expensive - and recently became more so

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.