Wdesk Logo

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

hyperproof
certent-disclosure-management

The Workiva product development team is interested in and responsive to customer feedback, which continues to make their applications better and better.
Overall, I am satisfied with Wdesk functionality, it is user friendly, the link is awesome, and great customer service. Someone is always there to help whenever we need immediate assistance.
Another issue is the lack of a drag-and-drop feature.

Sarah M.

Information Services, 10,001+ employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Excellent reporting and compliance solution

This application is surely recommended to those who have daily tasks and also great workload to handle.

Pros

I like the interface of the product because it’s quite unique and it helps me to build task list and also too much my data into various sections according to my need. Moreover, it has some task management functionalities that help me to build task list from the required data and documentation I always prefer this application because it’s helpful and also kind of my type.

Cons

It helps number of people to work in the form of a group with the good collaboration skills. It is giving the best services and let us face anything wrong.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

I have used this software for SEC reporting for seven years and highly recommend it.

Pros

What I like the most about wDesk is that it is user friendly and makes SEC reporting a breeze, without having to deal with EDGARizing. Creating a document is as easy as using a Microsoft Word, if not easier. I have started to use wDesk for regular Word processing and not just SEC reporting. The table creation and data linking is also very easy to use. Their Help section has very easy and clear instructions on how to do everything and if you need additional help, their Customer Service is always answered by an actual person in the States without any wait time.

Cons

Around due dates for Form 10-Q and 10-K filings, the website does run a little slow. This is not a big issue, but I always try do my filings earlier in the case that there are any website issuers. For example, if possible, instead of filing a Form 10-Q at 4:25p, I will begin filing at 4:10p just in case. Usually the delay is not longer than a few seconds, or a minute or two tops, but with the increase in usage of wDesk you want to make sure that your filing is processed and accepted by the SEC on time.

RM

Robert M.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Save Your Money

Horrific

Pros

Nothing. It makes obtaining reasonable assurance more difficult than it needs to be.

Cons

This software is terribly painful to use as it is not intuitive. Testing of controls is extremely cumbersome as WDesk and Microsoft Office programs are not compatible. For example, the print area of an Excel file must be made before uploading into WDesk. If this is not done, a 5 tab Excel file will become a 40 page file in WDesk. Also, you cannot see the formulas in Excel in WDesk. It is very...

KH

Kathy H.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Wdesk user review

I have used Wdesk for almost 3 years and love the product and the customer service. The old process my company used was a Word document with Excel tables that was very cumbersome to turn over each quarter. Additionally, it was very difficult to maintain data integrity when one number was used in multiple locations. With Wdesk, flipping a document is a simple process. I update the date page...

Pros

Very easy to use. Produces quality documents. Excellent customer service.

NA

Nancy A.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Wdesk for SEC Reporting

Wdesk has been an excellent solution for our Finance & Accounting team for SEC filings in that it provides automation and is effective and efficient.

Pros

My organization has used Wdesk for financial reporting for several years now. The dynamic nature of the software allows many users to make changes to our SEC filings and have them be visible to others on a real time basis. In addition, in more recent years, we've begun to implement a review and correspondence process through Wdesk - capturing notes and comments within the software. This is especially beneficial while many staff are working remotely. The software always gives us the ability to easily file our documents with the SEC. In addition, we have had quality customer support.

Cons

There is some need for training, especially when opening up use of the software to a large group of staff members, to ensure everyone fully understands how to use if most effectively and efficiently.

CK

Cynthia K.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Can't imagine Financial Reporting without WDesk

WDesk is the most important tool we have during reporting season. Being able to have a large group working on the same document at the same time while avoiding issues like version control, number inconsistencies, files crashing has made our lives so much easier. WDesk continues to add new features and it is great to see that a lot of them come from real customer feedback. If you have an issue, they will find a solution. Lastly, their customer service is amazing. I've had great experiences with our CSM, XBRL support and their 24-hour support.

Pros

LINKING!!! Having all my reporting documents in one place. the 24-hr support.

Cons

I wish I could add an approver to a certification after sending the letter out.

KC

Kalynne C.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

Fortune 500 Companies must invest in this software for successful financial reporting!

More efficiency in work day on a daily basis. I work for a very large and complex publically traded company and we would never be able to function as successfully as we do without this software.

Pros

The ease of use and customer service. All features are very intuitive and if you run into any issues you can call the cust service anytime and a person will always help you solve your problem.

Cons

Its expensive. I would love for every department in my company to start using it but they always hesitate because of the excessive cost. I think trial periods would be very beneficial.

JS

Joan S.

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Workiva Financial Reporting SEC Filing software

We have used the Form 10-K, 10-Q, Def 14 A Proxy and Section 16 filing, Form 3 and 4 software for over a year. I want to hug it every day. It is cloud based and easy to learn as it acts and feels like Excel and Word but organizes everything in one place. I want to hug it every day.

Pros

Cloud based, easy to learn, I was able to get certified in 2016 after their Annual Conference, lots of sharing through the blogs, Easy to follow help instructions on areas you only use periodically, Customer Success Manager is awesome and responds quickly.

Cons

None that I can think of.

CH

Candace H.

Workiva the Wonderful

After multiple years of using Workiva and working with the Workiva staff, I continue to be more and more impressed with the quality of the tool and the responsiveness of the staff.

Pros

SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Proxy, S-4, correspondence, etc...) management reporting and any other large/complex document that needs to be prepared on a collaborative basis or will be rolled forward for future versions.

Cons

Some limitations to Excel formulas

Logan S.

Internet, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Excellent tool that helps me making reports

Also this product is a huge initiative for team management and collaboration on different levels as well. Highly recommended tool

Pros

I would like to add in this product are its simple user interface is so much attractive and appealing that I can easily work on that without any hesitation. I am a satisfied user of Wdesk and completely happy with its all services.

Cons

I trust this product because it’s reliable in order to make my documents secure. I have nothing for cons it is going well.

KM

Kristin M.

Managing SOX nightmare, there are better options

Pros

The linking is great for version control. The certification process is easy to use and manage the outstanding certification. The groups allow an easy way to manage permissions except in the database.

Cons

There is no workflow that enables a control/narrative to flow through for updating and review that is not manual. RCTS that I used in 2003 had better functionality to flow control from one user to another, only allowing the user that had a role in the current status to update. This is a basic of all SOX tools I have seen except WDesk. I need to report where we are in the process and I can not do that with WDesk. It is very manual and many steps are duplicated throughout the system. Once you set up a user, they should be able to be selected in the role drop down, without having to reset them up in another section. Once a group is set up, it should be able to be utilized throughout the system without having to reset it up for a certification.

NS

Natalie S.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Wdesk is the Best!

We have had such a wonderful experience with Workiva! From ease of use to great customer service, we know that we are in the best of hands. It is such a relief knowing that reporting and filing will be a seamless and stress free process. Keep up the great work!

Pros

Ease of use, especially XBRL tagging

Cons

Not a lot of art/creative options. Difficult/annoying to work with JPEGS, etc, because there aren't a lot of editing options.

SS

Sudhir S.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

A good replica tool for Microsoft

Pros

Of all the features of this tool, I like the link feature the most as it allows you to update a particular sheet and rest of the linked sheets get automatically updated.

Cons

One of the disadvantages of this software is it's historical data view option. If your original data was filtered then when you review an older version then you won't be able to unfiltered the columns to see the hidden cells as the file becomes completely uneditable.

ML

Maggie L.

Chemicals, 10,001+ employees

The customer service could be better

Pros

The software is pretty easy to navigate and not a complex software.

Cons

The users from my company had a couple of access issues and they were not able to help timely to resolve the issue.

JH

Joy H.

Banking, 201-500 employees

LOVE Wdesk!!

I love Wdesk! The product and support are world class. It streamlined our financial reporting process, as well as our documentation process, when we implemented the binder module. LOVE it!

Pros

I love Wdesk and the binder module. Customer service is fantastic.

LV

Lara V.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Great Product!

I have used Wdesk for over two years and I continue to be a happy customer! The customer support teams for SEC filings, XBRL and SOX compliance are amazing. The 24/7 customer service people are also very friendly and willing to assist with whatever is needed. I am really satisfied with Wdesk and I continue to be impressed with the functionality, ease of use and increased productivity created by this product.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to file our SEC filings when we are ready and ability to make edits up to filing is amazing.

Cons

Sometimes refreshing data when updating is slow.

LB

Laurie B.

Implementation is a Breeze

I've used Wdesk for nearly 6 years at two different companies. Getting started on Wdesk is a breeze and the learning curve on using it is short. Their customer service is great and fast. Their professional service team makes XBRL a seamless process. I would recommend Wdesk to anyone for SEC reporting.

Pros

Ease of use, no more pencils down, great customer service.

Cons

Challenge to bring in new documents that don't need much editing or any links, just need to be filed with something. Formatting can be cumbersome for little benefit.

RD

Rick D.

Insurance, 5,001-10,000 employees

This software changed the way we do our financial reporting.

The sentiment around our company is that we hope to never have to use Microsoft Word to produce financial statements ever again.

EM

Eric M.

BEST SEC software out there!!! Hands down!!!!

Better product, cost savings, increased efficiency.

Pros

The system is user friendly and the support is awesome. The Workiva team is always looking to make improvements based on actual feedback.

Cons

I have zero complaints - I actually insisted two companies that I started working for switched over to this software - which not only save time and made our product better - but it was less expensive than other company we were using.

BW

Barbara W.

Good Product, Good Customer Support

We started using the Workiva platform for our SEC filings five years ago and have been happy with our decision. The software is easy to understand and use. In addition to the various built-in controls (e.g. linking which ensures that values are updated everywhere they appear), we are big believers in the use of check figures and have set them up everywhere possible in our Workiva workbooks. Overall,...

Vijay R.

Defense & Space, 10,001+ employees

Workiva does the work for you

It is an excellent experience and much better than the tool we were using before. It also makes the reviewer of the work easy to use too.

Pros

I enjoy the automatic saving feature of Workiva. It is an easy friendly tool that we use to save our audit work paper documentation. I would recommend this to any companies in their IA department.

Cons

There can be an improvement in the linking process. Workiva allows you to link artifacts(attachments), but it often opens up on another tab instead of within your own tab. This makes it difficult to open several tabs.

BL

Bryan L.

Audits made easy!

Overall, I really enjoy working with WDesk. It is utilized for quarterly reporting as well as annual audits. The ability to seamlessly integrate financial data with established word templates without affecting formatting is a difficult thing to accomplish, but WDesk has succeeded. Setting up templates to pull specific financial data can be a length/cumbersome task, but one that is well worth it!

Pros

Audit templates rolled forward with the ability to build in financial statements seamlessly

Cons

Setting up the templates and linking specific financial data is a very cumbersome task.

TD

Taylor D.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Great Product

Pros

Ease of use and just the ability to document findings.

Cons

It took some time to get used to but once onboarded no complaints.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Best SEC filing tool!

I have the step by step filing steps make filing very easy especially during SEC deadlines.

Pros

I found that that this filing software is intuitive and has all the functions you need. The most useful feature is the version tracker. It automatically creates beautiful red-lines and can can compare between any version as necessary.

Cons

Learning the software takes time and with practice it does get easier. However a learning curve does exist and it does require some training to be able to use the software as needed.

SC

Sara C.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

Excellent for Reporting and Auditing

Wdesk is a critical tool in reviewing, evaluating and consolidating controls as our company continues to merge to one unified company. Wdesk has simplified building an audit and provides quick and easy insight to areas we are changing that require updates. Making updates is easy.

Pros

Wdesk is easy to use, easy to update and pull reporting. You can also limit what each user has access/visibility to so confidential information doesn't have to be visible to all users.

Cons

I have not identified in my use to date.