All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Aprio Reviews

Pros

The feature that I like the most is the ability to send confidential and secure surveys out plus the interface is super friendly.

Read the full review
I cannot day enough great things about Aprio. From the ease of use of the product to the amazing customer service Aprio is a well rounded product that is every Board administrator’s dream.

Joanna P.

Mark F.

Rose G.

Read the full review
Another frustration is the timing out feature.

Rose G.

Read the full review
The app is not available on IPhone. Also, there is a lag in the system which makes difficult to review the documents without exiting and signing back in.

Patrick K.

4.5

Completely satisfied with Aprio

Pros

We have used Aprio for more than 10 years. During that time we have had lots of turnover of staff and board members. Rarely have we needed to provide formal training. For the most part, we simply provide the login access to the new user and they teach themselves. Board members find Aprio useful and easy to use.

Cons

I tend to use the desktop version when I set up a meeting and load materials because I find the functionality better. However, for just reading my board package or having it available during a meeting, using the App on my iPad is just fine.

Review of APRIO

My overall experience with APRIO has been excellent. I have used APRIO for at least 8 years now if not more. The trainers and support staff are excellent - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are readily available to assist you and work until they resolve your issue. The Board find it easy to use and I rarely receive any complaints or frustration regarding difficulty in using the software. It has saved us time and money in more ways than one. Too many to mention. Thank you.

Pros

The product is user-friendly for the most part. First, it is secure and if someone is not a participant for a particular meeting, they cannot access the information even if they are a user. Second, I like the fact that the library holds documents that are easily accessible. Third, the signing feature to approve material is the biggest plus for us. The fact that items requiring approval asap by the...

Cons

The folder structure and the ability to move items into a folder later is difficult without going in and moving each item separately. A drag feature into a folder would be really handy. The ability to "turn off" a user and "turn on" when required without having to remove their access and then resend a welcome message. This way your users remain under the requirement of your contract and those users that attend one or two meetings per year (specifically staff required at a meeting) are not counted as a regular user. Another frustration is the timing out feature. And I have extended it. However, I have been in the middle of adding numerous documents and the time out feature appears and I have lost all of the uploading I was in the middle of doing.

Aprio Review

There customer service was very quick to respond and very friendly; however, the technology did not keep service wise.

Pros

This was the first online board platform we used for our organization; however, it did not meet our expectations. The only feature that appeared to work correctly and we used regularly was the expense management functionality.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are many. Login issues, syncing issues, annotations/surveys showing for some but not all, documents error loading, file error loading, app would close off for no reason, etc.

Aprio - Service is Everything!

Aprio staff are wonderful to work with; they are accommodating, understanding and very quick to respond to any inquiries, whether it be to assist the administrator or its Directors. I love that all our information is located in one depository for ease of access by everyone given permission to use it. During the pandemic, I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to resort back to the paper age, couriers, etc.. Being able to conduct our meetings virtually, with all our material downloaded into Aprio has been truly a blessing.

Pros

During our demonstrations, Aprio appeared to be user friendly. The fact that they were a Canadian company was also a huge benefit. The product for the price was a good selling point for our Directors. Myself as the administrator and our IT department undertook a review of several software companies, and for the price, Aprio seemed to be the best option. We do not regret our decision, and continue to use the software for all of our Board and Committee Meetings, and a depository for all information for our Directors. The initial phase was completed seamlessly, with the exception of a couple of hiccups, which were readily identified and fixed by Aprio.

Cons

The one feature regarding Aprio that our Board found somewhat frustrating was the difference between the app and the dashboard. I understand that modifications are underway in its next release to "mirror" each other, which will be a welcome improvement.

Makes Board governance easier!

We didn’t have a single point of access for our Board of Directors which was secure enough to store highly confidential information such as policies and bylaws. After moving all our documents to Aprio the Board and staff are able to access and store information in a secure and easily accessible forum.

Pros

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like about the software.

Joanna, we are so happy to see that you are enjoying your experience with Aprio! We work very hard every day to improve our software and support every client. It's great to have such positive feedback!

I have been using Aprio for the last few years and I don't know how I managed our Board prior to it!

Pros

The ease of use is amazing. Aprio took the time to introduce their product in a way that was easy to follow and understand. They carefully explained each function of the app and how it would make my job as an Executive Assistant easier. I cannot believe how supportive the team at Aprio is whenever I have questions and how they also take the time to assist with my directors when issues arise. I have never received the quality of service from any other supplier or connection and they provide that service in the most professional and efficient way. Extremely timely application updates and they are always improving - and they really do want to hear from their customers what "we" want to see!

Cons

I can not think of one negative thing about Aprio and their team! Honestly - they are that good! I don't know what I would ever do without the application or the support team! The Directors love the program!

Thank you so much Christie for your kind words - we appreciate your support!

I love this software.

The Board has immediate access to any information and we save on paper costs

Pros

It does it all. I also like the fact that if I have any issues, the Aprio team is always right there to help me out. Also, the Aprio team is always updating the software.

Cons

I wish there was an easy way to change the name of a folder and be able to retain all of the documents posted under the previous name.

Thank you Barb for your support! There is an easy way to change a folder name in Aprio. Simply click on the folder you'd like to change, then click on the "edit" icon to the left of the folder name. From there you can update the name and re-save. If you need any help, give us a call at 1-855-55-APRIO (1-855-552-7746).

Aprio Review

I would say the biggest benefit is the elimination of photo copying Board packages and mailing them to Directors in preparation of meetings. Using the Board portal has saved a tremendous amount of time that I can use to organize and complete other tasks. No more staying late into the night to copy and collate packages.

Pros

So Easy to Use - Seamless roll out to Board of Directors. The addition of the Aprio Board portal has been integral in bringing our Directors into the technology age. Information is passed from office and Senior Management to Board quickly and effortlessly giving the ability to make decisions and approvals faster and efficiently. Record keeping is a breeze - eliminating mountains of paper and filing.

Cons

We have been using the Polls/Surveys function quite a bit, especially during the pandemic when in-person meetings have not been allowed. The Poll/Surveys work very well and I really like the feature. Now that we have completed so many, and will likely continue using this function, it would be very helpful to have the ability to file or archive them as a file system for the results and to copy them when needed again.

easy to use, still trying to get our board use to the new program

Pros

Having a secure place to sensitive documents that we need to have our board see. I think they just need more training.

Cons

My board would like to use the discussion portion but is not feeling secure of others see the conversations . They don't want the admin to see it either. I have tried it out for them and I don't see that is something I would trust either.

Thank you so much Teresa for your review - we appreciate your support. We can definitely provide more training for the Kitsap Credit Union board, at your convenience and at no extra charge. Just give us a call at 1-855-55-APRIO (1-855-552-7746) to set something up. For discussions (and many other features in Aprio): access can be restricted by "group." When you set up a group and give the group...

Ease of Product and Best Service

The Service has been incredible! for both the employees and Board Members. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are responsive, helpful, patient, they truly go the extra mile to assist and resolve any questions.

Pros

It is very easy to use for all users as well as administrators. A great vehicle to send sensitive documents to Board Members without having to use email. Posting Executive Team as well as Board documents is so easy and time effective.

Cons

A very small item that I know is under review for improvement - can only indicate one individual responsible for presenting a document instead of two of three.

Great Board Software

This was to provide board members with a safe secure place for all material, so that it didn't need to be printed or circulated via email and has done the trick. It is multi-platform and easy to use.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and it is great that it has both web access as well as apps in the leading platforms. The calendar feature makes it easy to know what meetings and committees are upcoming and who is involved. It also has an offline feature in the app so that you can download the documents (individually or as a package per meeting) and then work and annotate the documents. It has allowed me to be paperless!

Cons

There are a few differences with the web vs app functionality, but it is small. Annotating properly took a little to learn as not as intuitive, but functional.

Thanks for the great review, Mark! We have made annotating your material in the apps even easier with the option to save your personal annotations automatically. To enable this feature, please click/tap on the Settings icon, then about half way down the page you can enable the "Sync personal annotations automatically" option. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Aprio Support!

Aprio is very user friendly.

Everything we need to communicate with our board members is right at our fingertips. We can do everything on Aprio.

Pros

Once you get into Aprio and start moving around you find the ease of use. The support team is available, helpful, friendly & open to suggestions for additional features.

Cons

The app is not available on iPhone. The computer app is great!

Thanks so much Tammie for your support! Stay tuned for news about an iPhone app - that's definitely on the product roadmap and coming soon.

Confidential

For a variety of reasons well beyond my control the potential of the software was not exploited.

Pros

Confidentiality and referencing. The use of the software was in my capacity as director. The use was periodical and specific to meetings. The proceedings are closed door being a listed company.

Cons

Difficult to open. As my referencing was spasmodic confined to four times a year back referencing was necessary not only with reference to data fed on Aprio but other emails. I found it difficult to link both.

Thank you very much for the positive review! Please note that Aprio Support is available 24/7 to assist you if you have questions regarding referencing the material for your organization.

Awesome Board Portal Software

It is an amazing tool for making board meetings go smoothly. You save on printing costs, mailing costs, if applicable and it provides security for sensitive information.

Pros

The software is so easy to use. You can load and store board meeting material on aprio so easily. It's secure and if you make a mistake...it is very forgiving and easy to fix

Cons

The system has issues with loading locked pdfs.

Thanks for your support Pat! To address your comment re. locked pdfs - we recommend not locking PDFs when loading to Aprio for ease-of-use, since the security of the software will protect the PDF. You can also control which individuals have access to the PDF for further controls. If you do prefer to load locked PDFs, they are viewable within Aprio, after entering the password of the PDF. Or, they can be downloaded individually. That's an extra step for users though & downloads are discouraged for security reasons, so we recommend not locking PDFs to begin with. Hope that helps & as always, feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions! ~Karen Peacey, Director Customer Relations

Makes reporting easy

I have had a great experience thus far with Apprio

Pros

The ease of reviewing reports from prior years is very valuable.

Cons

I wish you could segregate information differently

Hi Lori, Thanks so much for the amazing review! Please have your Administrator reach out to Aprio Support and we will be happy to provide options for segregating the information in your portal.

Distribution and sharing of meeting material and resources couldn't be much easier.

More efficient distribution of meeting material and the sharing of resources with Board members.

Pros

Easy to learn for all (administrators and especially non-tech users)! Our entire board is accessing through the ios app.

Cons

Using the app, users have not been able to view the meeting they are to attend. They need to go into settings and re-sync to view upcoming meetings.

Thanks Ken for the review - we really appreciate your support. Understand the frustration on syncing to see all future meetings. To see all your meetings, please set your timeline to extend past your last board meeting. E.g. if the timeline is set to Feb 2017-Feb 2018 the app will only sync info up to Feb 2018. Feel free to contact our Support team at 1-855-55-APRIO (1-855-552-7746) for a quick tutorial if needed.

Using APRIO

I am so happy with the software as it allows me to ensure that theBoard is properly set up and always prepared. No matter where I am or where the Board members are, I am able to prepare them for the next meeting.

Pros

I really like the ease of using APRIO not only for mysel but for my Board members...wherever they are. Meetings are accessible, information is readily available and all items are archive to reference. Thanks for making my job manageable!

Cons

I do find it challenging to keep all the information properly files in folders...but that is only because we are using it so much!

Thanks so much for this wonderful review Kate! We're pleased that you're finding Aprio helpful in making your job more manageable.

Aprio Review

Pros

I like that it is a central location to house all documents, not just those in the meetings and the flexibility to set up events differently depending on the need.

Cons

Thank you Patrick for your support. Stay tuned for news about an iPhone app - that's definitely on the product roadmap and coming soon.

Aprio Review

It's been really helpful in keeping our Board organized and having all our Board documents in one space.

Pros

I like how convenient it is to upload documents and it works as a great alternative to sending encrypted emails with secure information.

Cons

As an administrator, I wish there was a preview feature to be able to see what Directors are seeing.

Aprio Software

Benefits are less paper utilized when preparing board packages and better security of confidential information

Pros

Setting up the system for our use was relatively easy. Setting up events and posting materials for each events is easy

Cons

Toggling between various functions and screens could be easier, especially a "go back" button would be nice

Aprio is extremely user friendly. We rely on it heavily for our board members.

Pros

The quick add function to add multiple files at once makes it very easy to add board packages with up to 50 documents in each package.

Cons

I feel like the organization of the library could be better however I have not spent much time sorting it since taking over this roll.

Thanks Melissa for your feedback! Appreciate your support.

Aprio, the user friendly information platform

I serve on a crown corporation; we meet once a month. Materials are provided by the staff of the corporation. Aprio presents everything in a well organized manner, it's easy to navigate.

Pros

It's user friendly, was easy to learn. Everything is laid out in an organized and functional manner.

Cons

nothing in particular, If anything make a different symbol (instead of a trash can) on items after you've read them. I read the materials before the meeting, then they have a 'trash' symbol on them. Maybe a 'read' symbol, or something else.

Working with Aprio

We finally have everyone reading the latest version of documents and information. No more printing huge paper packages and documents.

Pros

- great support when learning the software both for the administrators and members using the program

Cons

- linking documents from library and surveys

Makes Board Meetings Convenient

I have been using this for three years and so far, it’s been great.

Pros

Features, ease of following along in meetings, We can let everyone know in advance if we will be in attendance. Appreciate that we can send messages to each other.

Cons

It took some time to get used to the format and all of the features that were available to us.

Thank you for your review Jerrilyn! Please contact Aprio support if you would like further training on those other features.

We used Aprio for our Directors and it is probably one of the best portals I've worked with.

Pros

Simple and easy to use, the team is always very responsive when there's a question or issue. I can easily build board packages and send a link to the Directors. We also saved all our corporate policies, governance documents and Minutes here where it's easily assessable. Pricing is very reasonable too.

Cons

No complaints, this is one of the best and most simple Board Portals I've used. Our Directors never had an issue with Aprio.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.