All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

CapLinked Reviews

Pros

I really loved how easy it was to navigate. This software was very user-friendly and the support staff was always responsive in a timely matter whenever I had questions.

Victoria L.

Read the full review
I like the 2FA, DRM, and Watermarking features for my users. Great customer support that is very helpful when answering any inquiries.

Ulises A.

Read the full review
I like the ability to customize the platform and it is cost effective for our company.

Read the full review

Cons

I tried to negotiate a lower monthly price to keep access (until our next round), but they were not interested. Too bad, probably lost a long term client due to short term inflexibility.

Read the full review
Lack of reporting functions such as well-organized index reports, permission setting, draft mode takes the whole data room offline.

Read the full review
For projects with images, this is a major fail. When I contacted support about #2, the told me to use the clipboard to keep track of the files I downloaded in a folder.

Ted D.

4.5

Super easy to use

Pros

The ease of use is the one of the reasons why we use CapLinked. We work with a lot of outside consultants and customers that need to access folder and files and not once did anyone struggled to access their data. We tested a few data rooms and CapLinked was by far the best value for money. We moved away from emailing any files, we just send the CapLinked link to the relevant person and our data is safe and secure.

Cons

None for our application. One nice to have feature would be to have a more comprehensive version control than is currently available.

Hello Elmo, We are glad to hear you found our platform cost efficient and straightforward! We have since updated the ability to upload new versions of files. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Complex scenarios made easy by Caplinked

My Organization requirement was to set up a virtual data room in order to fund race a project initiative. Caplinked made possible to get it up and running with a professional customized interface in record time allowing me to keep track of all the operations as per documents and other media files shared with the invited users, get detailed weekly reports and control the whole operation until the end.

Pros

- How friendly it was to set up and customize a virtual data room for my organization. - Robust features, such as: activity tracker, security, Q&A and customized messages. - Everything is recorded by Caplinked. Every single transaction was recorded by Caplinked as much for administrators and organizers as for users.

Cons

- Reports customization feature is missing. - Not many support guides available.

Hello Ricardo, We are glad to hear you found our platform user-friendly and straightforward! We are constantly improving our features, including updating the Activity Tracker, for the ease of users. We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Solid Data Room Portal for Fund Offerings

Pros

I like that it's easy to dupe a workspace and the NDA splashpage is customizable per group

Cons

i've had multiple instances where I tried to create a new folder for a new LP and it said that I ran out of file space. the first time this happened, i was indeed over the 5gb space threshold, but after that i kept our file usage to ~3.5gb but there were still issues.

Hi Tina, We are glad that you've of ease in customization of your workspaces. If you encounter an additional space issues, please feel free to contact the support team for further assistance! Thank you for your feedback!

Didn't honor agreement; tried to increase fees more than 300%

Terrible. They gave our non-profit association members a good deal to get us onto their platform and entered into a long-term data room supply agreement; a couple years later, they wouldn't honor their agreement. Don't do business with this company.

Pros

There are a lot of data room providers and Caplinked was getting off the ground and offered our not-for-profit regional association a long-term program to switch from our incumbent provider and join their platform for the same fees we were paying our incumbent provider. After a reasonable transition period, we adopted the program at Caplinked. We transferred a number of users and conveyed the dynamics of how our association interacts with our incumbent provider and were told there were no issues coming over. The association members used 50-75 data rooms at any given time.

Cons

After using the platform for a few years, the company came back and claimed we were getting too good of a deal and they wouldn't honor it. We used the service consistent with how we outlined the service in our contract when we negotiated our agreement. They threatened to shut down the service to the members and then said to stay, we would need to pay fees that were more than 300% higher than our...

Hello! Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. We appreciate input from the user perspective. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Great Data Room for M&A

We are using CapLinked as our data room for M&A. This has worked extremely well and all parties have been very pleased

Pros

Very easy to use Very easy to add documents Very easy to control access of various documents throughout the process Quick upload to site Very easy to keep data room organized Good alerting system Folder Control

Cons

editing names once you send out an invite

Hello Cindy, We are glad to hear you found our platform user-friendly and straightforward! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Looking for a new solution

Looking for an alternative and my M&A group agrees.

Pros

Cheap and simplistic. Not a very sophisticated system.

Cons

It's website touts that you have permission control, but you don't, you can NEVER correct, delete, change anyone you have put in your system. The customer service person is snarky and rude. I have used other products at other companies and am very aware of what a quality system can do. This isn't it.

Hello, Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulty with navigating user access permissions. CapLinked allows for management of user access with the data room via the Permissions page. Please feel free to reach out our support team resources with any questions for assistance!

Caplinked First Time User

Pros

Cons

It can't do all that the sales team swore that it could.

Hello! We are glad to hear you found our platform customizable and cost-efficient! We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

CapLinked Review

Overall experience was positive. Pros: 1. Incorporated tutorial videos for each section 2. Fancy look, video can be uploaded on the welcome page 3. Q&A section: reply from admin user can be send directly to requester which will then only be visible for these 2 individuals or admin user can reply posting this to the Q&A section where the requester will stay anonymous but all users in the work space...

Pros

- Personalising the data room with company logo and also being able to upload videos. - Folders and sub-folders can be restricted to view only or download and upload as well. However, permissions can only be restricted on group level not on individual level. Solution to create team group for individual to restrict view access for different folders / sub-folders. No option to restrict view / download permission on individual files. - E-mails via the workspace can be send to members of the same workspace to ask questions or for collaboration.

Cons

Although Q&A availability is great, unfortunately the usability is not very user-friendly, especially when trying to find the already answered questions. It would be good if the Q&A section would have a better order so one can see where the answers and questions relate to similar to a table of contents i.e. pointing to the folder if one would like to review all related questions to a specific topic in a folder or sub-folder.

Hello! We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked overall positive! We are currently working on a new version of our Q&A feature that will provide many new updates for advanced usability. Thank you for your feedback! Thank you, Caplinked

Best Virtual Data Room

This is a great VDR and is reasonably priced, unlike its competitors. I would highly recommend this for secure document sharing.

Pros

The CapLinked platform is super easy to navigate and share and lets you keep confidential documents secure at all times. It allows different levels of control for each group which saves a lot of time.

Cons

I would like to be able to add individuals without having to make them part of a group.

Hello Penny, We are glad to hear you experienced ease in using Caplinked security features! We will soon hav single file sharing capabilities for admin, therefore not having to add an individual to a group to share a file. We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Caplinked is an awesome platform, extremely user friendly and secure.

Sharing documents has never been easier, there is a lot of security and time saving when it comes to looking for the information I need.

Pros

Caplinked is state of the art when it comes to sharing documents with customers. Platform is intuitive and easy to navigate. Accessing and sharing documents has now become a seamless process and at the same time tremendously secure. Customer support is is very helpful and will walk you through any questions you may have.

Cons

Hello Paul, We are glad to hear you found our platform user friendly and straightforward! We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

CapLinked - Pros and Cons

Pros

Compared to similar options, CapLinked is a good value for the product - the pricing is good for what you get with CapLinked. Among the things I like about the software are the search feature, updates are emailed when files are added, it is easy to move folders and files, easy to change the order of folders. The product has a great feature that allows the Administrator to see the view that any User is seeing, which is helpful when Users call with questions.

Cons

The product is not as intuitive as other secure data vault services I have used. It took me some time to understand that Users have to be part of a "Group." The other thing I don't like is that you have to contact customer support if you want to delete a "Workspace" from the system - Admins are not able to delete. I understand the concept, to avoid inadvertently deleting a workspace, but still prefer to have that ability as the Admin.

Hello Sandra We are glad to hear you found our platform cost-efficient! Admins will soon have the ability to delete workspaces at their discretion. We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

My Review

Pros

When creating a new group, I enjoy that I can select permissions settings from an existing group, which helps creating a new group quicker. (Disclaimer: this is soley only my own personal opinion from my experiences with CapLinked).

Cons

More branding options for our company to use and display on the data room could be improved. Also, the activity tracker could use more improvement by including how long a user viewed a specific document. Lastly, the best improvement that could be made is to easily search and locate which user is in which group(s). Lastly, it was very upsetting when the data room was closed after we paid for our subscription renewal. (Disclaimer: this is solely only my own personal opinion from my experiences with CapLinked).

Hello Serena, We are glad to hear you found our Permissions module features user-friendly and helpful! We are constantly working to improve our features, such as the Activity Tracker. You can search a user's email address from the Permissions page search bar, check the box next to their name and the groups they belong to appear on the right sidebar. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you on future projects. Thank you, CapLinked

Owner

So far so good except the cons described above. Having a data room is very professional and we love offering that service through caplinked!

Pros

Easy to use and is visually appealing (to look at on a daily basis). Good price and has basic features that everyone needs. I like having the control to the dataroom and have knowing what user has what type of access.

Cons

I think the biggest con is to have to contact caplinked to delete a data room, and that to they only delete on Thursdays. Also I think caplinked should send out an email when your running over your space in the data room. Those are the two biggest problems

Hello Raj, We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked went well! Admins will soon have the ability to delete workspace at their discretions. We truly appreciate your feedback. We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Modern interface, easy to use - refreshing change of pace from software used in the past.

Pros

CapLinked is intuitive, cutting edge, and very transparent in their pricing. Their customer support is responsive, helpful, and thorough - providing an excellent customer experience. Uploading files and folders is also a seamless process. Uploading whole folder structures at a time makes my job extremely easy. It retains the same indexing and formatting I had on my desktop which is very convenient.

Cons

Hello Jackson, We are glad to hear you found our platform user friendly and straightforward! We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

CapLinked is solid and offers a powerful level of communication

Lots of great benefits from engagement to exporting data.

Pros

This is an amazing program, offers a higher level of engagement for groups. Works great for small business who need flexibility and is budget friendly. It is easy to navigate too!

Cons

It lacks export tool and better data trends. Offers no easy way to archive old data into the new system.

Hello Maria, We are glad to hear you experienced ease in using Caplinked security features! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. We appreciate input from the user perspective. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Works well, could use more bells and whistles

Pros

Reasonably quick to get up and running; reliable platform. I don't have much else to say, however the review software won't let me upload a short review so I've padded it out with this sentence.

Cons

Could use more flexibility on use of graphics, custom reporting and dashboards, other customizations to custom brand (including workspace address). I don't have much else to say, however the review software won't let me upload a short review so I've padded it out with this sentence.

Hello Erik, We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked went well! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. Custom branding is now available for teams and workspaces. The Activity Tracker provides detailed reports on the workspace level. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Very easy to use, secure, functional and good service support

Very ease to use. Good support service, accesible form different types of devices (cellphone, pc, etc.). It a a tool that makes the passing of information very efficiently.

Pros

The ease of use is amazing. In 30 minutes you can get used managing all the virtual data room functions, permissions, etc. Additionaly the capacity to give different type of permisssions (can read, download, print, etc.) to different individuals or group of individuals is quiet good and again easy tu use.

Cons

If uploading information, or creating a new folder you make a mistake in writing the name of folder, you have to delete the complete folder and create a new one with the name corrected. You should be able to edit a simple thing as folders name, instead of waisting time if you discover a typo after you have uploaded tons of data (that you will have to upload again).

Hello Arturo, We are glad to hear you found our platform user friendly and straightforward! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. You now have the ability to rename folders without having to delete anything. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Caplinked is powerful and easy to use

Pros

We chose Caplinked for it's easy to use/ fast modern interface, great customer support, powerful features and transparent pricing. They have a lot of features that you won't find in other VDR's (I've tried 3 different competitors). Their customer support really stood out to me as they've been very responsive and personable throughout our entire experience; from on-boarding to day-to-day use. Every member of our team was able to quickly learn the software. I feel very comfortable sharing sensitive and confidential documents through Caplinked.

Cons

Hello! We are glad to hear you found our platform user friendly and straightforward! We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

I am a first time user and my first experience has been good. It is a great product

Pros

the ease of use is what stands out. It was easy to onboard other users as well quickly. The user interface is intuitive and the software is stable. I was able to do the initial configuration within 15 minutes. I have used customer support extensively. They have been very patient and helpful. they seem committed to resolving the customer's issue. Suggestions to improve the product were taken in the right spirit. I do hope some of the suggested features find place in subsequent releases.

Cons

The software has certain issues handling PDF documents created by scanning physical documents. There is no feature to view permissions for a folder directly. The Search functionality is very basic and there is ample scope for improvement.

Hello Ashok, Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features, including folder level permissions, for the ease of users. You are now able to view the Permissions of a group based on the folder. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Solid platform with ever evolving features.

After using Formstack for many years we needed a more powerful solution. I reviewed approximately 8 different products and judging on features and value CapLinked was the clear winner.

Pros

Watermarking, white labeling, ability to send feature ideas/requests to customer service that actually get reviewed and implemented.

Cons

Areas that are under development to be improved have to do with navigation, reporting and general user experience. There are no serious flaws.

Hi Jeff, thank you for choosing CapLinked! Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us.

it was great

it helped us do half a deal

Pros

it's super cheap, which made it super accessible to my small team and I . Truly significantly priced under competitors with just as many features.

Cons

Hello Richard, We are glad to hear you found our platform cost efficient and straightforward! We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Pros

CapLinked is the only modern platform with full API support for integrating it with our applications. No other product comes close to providing the same level of support.

Cons

We need better tools for importing and exporting data. There is no easy way to archive old deal rooms.

Hello Chuck, We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked and your API integration went well! We truly appreciate input from the user perspective. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

It's a good low-cost solution but certainly lacks some of the functionality of a premium service

Was able to conduct file sharing for a sellside M&A process with multiple potential buyers each requiring different permission levels.

Pros

Quickness of uploads, it's a low-cost solution, we also appreciated the amount of data we were to upload and that the pricing was not a variable per page model

Cons

Lack of reporting functions such as well-organized index reports, permission setting, draft mode takes the whole data room offline,

Hello! We are glad to hear you found our platform cost efficient and straightforward! The Activity Tracker provides index reports in several categories. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Useful Data Room Service

I advise a lot of early stage companies and turned several clients onto this instead of our home grown solution.

Pros

It is a very robust, lower cost option for companies that need to use a data room for their funding transactions. Especially compared to larger vendors or building an in-house system.

Cons

May not have all the bells and whistles of the larger vendors, but not critical ones. If you don't need every functionality out there, this will work.

Hello! We are glad to hear you experienced ease in using Caplinked security features! We truly appreciate your feedback. We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Everything we needed and more!

Ultra-fast due diligence, seamless transaction and and extremely easy to use VDR platform at a competitive cost. The ability to monitor workflow and ease of mind regarding document security made a usually chaotic and confusing experience easy to navigate.

Pros

The base platform is extremely easy to use and to setup your virtual data room. There are so many extras that we found over competitors, which is why we chose caplinked. The best part, is that you can decide who gets to see what document and workflow is quickly and easily monitored and measured here. You can customize the dashboard in almost any way imaginable. For us, the winning factor, was customer service. The Caplinked customer service team was truly phenomenal. Extremely knowledgeable, super responsive and just really kind and helpful. It was truly a 360° service.

Cons

There wasn't anything I would complain about. It could get a bit complicated in extreme customization, but that is completely to be expected. If you don't use a VDR on a daily basis, it's hard to understand all of the Caplinked capabilities available to you. That's where their superior customer service comes into play.

Hello! We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked went well! We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.