Square Takeoff Logo

Suggested alternatives

groundplan
autodesk-construction-cloud
houzz-pro

Affordable and ability to share documents and take-offs easily.
Makes me and my team more accurate everyday by allow us to generate better estimates for the top builders in the construction industry.
I hate this company because they will not support my needs when I get stuck or the product does not work.
The WORST customer service experience I have ever received - They NEVER call you back.
Getting familiarized with it slash getting my head in it.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Drastic increase in accuracy of takeoff and estimation

The software ensures the users get the most accurate estimate for construction projects. It is cutting edge software that meets our takeoff and construction requirements in clinical detail.

Pros

• cloud-based tool for contractors of all business sizes in all trades • execute your own takeoffs within the program • determine the quantity and type of materials required for a project • customize reports according to location, part number, phase, assembly, load, etc. • quick integration with Google Maps

Cons

• Integration with accounts software still under development

MM

Matthew M.

Construction, 5,001-10,000 employees

Outstanding Product and Customer Service

Pros

As one of the largest lumber retail companies in the industry, we always work to stay up with new technology trends to ensure we provide our clients with the most accurate estimate for their construction projects. We were looking for a leader in the industry that could provide us with a stable software that would be able to meet our daily demands. The software and the Team at Square Takeoff have went above and beyond meeting every need and has helped us acheive the goals we have set forth as a company. Keep up the great work.

Cons

Nothing yet. Currently the product meets our needs and if we need a feature they are fast to add it.

Thanks Matt. It has been an honor to work with you and the 84 Lumber Company. We look forward to continue to assist you and your customers with your estimating needs.

DB

David B.

Construction, 1-10 employees

No Support and pressure sales for the yearly (don't do it)

Not good, I feel I have been scammed

Pros

it was $600 less than stack. I have to put a min 40 characters here but I have nothing good to say.

Cons

Pressure sales for a 1 year term, no support after the deal is made, program is buggy and cost us a few hours on more than 1 occasion and they will not prorate my 1 year (scam) save your time and your money, go with stack take off. Extremely boxy laggy and buggy

MH

Mark H.

Construction,

Simple But Powerful

Started using the product a few weeks ago after years of using a competitors product. Only reason for the switch was I upgraded to an iPad PRO for work and my other solution didn't work. I was skeptical at first about using a cloud takeoff solution and was worried that it would be slow. To my surprise it actually works faster than my desktop software. Overall it has a similar feel to my desktop product but worked on my MAC and iPad PRO. Customer service was great and helped me out with a few questions I had. Price was good and the sales rep even saved me more on my monthly subscription. Overall I give them two thumbs up.

Pros

Cloud based. Easy share feature. Easy to manage bids. Good price. Operates like a desktop solution. Note feature with attachments.

Cons

Missing some features of my desktop software. But spoke to them and they said development would work on them and have already launched one of those features.

Thank you Mark. It has been great working with you and your company.

VS

Vikram S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Construction estimating with Square Takeoff

Square Takeoff covers the essential functions of construction estimating and is a reliable option for businesses looking to improve their estimating process.

Pros

Square Takeoff ability to accurately calculate material and labor costs, allowing users to create highly accurate estimates quickly.

Cons

Square Takeoff do not have all the advanced features that require, such as detailed project management tools.

MD

Mark D.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Pros

Affordable and ability to share documents and take-offs easily

Cons

Service, and support. When I have a problem no one calls back. We sent at least a half doze e-mails and another seven or eight phone calls. No one calls back. I finally called sales - ha! got a call back! But he could not help me. Their customer service is the worst.

JT

Justin T.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Takeoffs made easy

Uploading plans is super easy. Then you just put in your scale and you are on the path to getting all dimensions. It really comes in handy when we are bidding multiple aspects of a build.

Pros

We like that we no longer have to do any manual calculations when bidding a job. We just put in the plant and point and click our way to accurate numbers.

Cons

The user interface could use some refinement. Finding exactly what you are looking for can take a bit too long if you are not a daily user.

Thank Justin for your review. We are open to discuss any ideas you have that will make the program better for you and all of our other users.

At

Ariana t.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Square off take off

Pros

This software was decent to function for small projects.

Cons

The price is a bit up there for not offering as much as others.

KW

Kenneth W.

Construction, self-employed

Nutshell

Still haven't got the full hundred percent hang of it but once I do my competitors better look out

Pros

The ability to bust through estimates that would have taken out hours if not days in less than an hour

Cons

Getting familiarized with it slash getting my head in it

Zohair H.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great tool for performing quantity takefoff for residential projects.

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to learn. Ideal for 2D sheets. Can add building materials like titles, shingles, carpet, etc. Good tool for preparing quick bids.

Cons

Does not integrate with BIM softwares or 3D models.