Accelevents Logo

Host your virtual, hybrid and in-person events in one place.

Accelevents Reviews

Suggested alternatives

cvent-event-management
swoogo
eventcreate-1

Easy to use, loads of features, much loved by attendees and amazing, timely, responsive customer service.
We had a great experience with Accelevents. They were very responsive and helpful in setting up the platform and supporting us during the launch of the event.
Very easy to use, fast and easy to learn, wonderful customer service, very knowledgeable staff that answered all my questions quickly, and a great price.
Only negative is that on the backend there is no way to sort items alphabetically, by price, etc. To find an item, you have to search.

AI

Alexander I.

Network Manager

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Accelevents - University of Redlands

Transcript

Alexander I.: Hi, I'm Alex. I'm a network manager at a university, and I rate Accelevents a four out...

AH

Alicia H.

Owner

Events Services, self-employed

Can't Wait to Use Accelevents Again!

Transcript

Alicia: Hi, my name is Alicia. I'm a freelance marketing and event consultant. I work in the event industry...

JA

Joanne A.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

User-friendly, low-cost auction software

Overall experience has been great. Unlimited auction items with descriptions and images, easy online and text bidding, low cost, and all items, bidding history, and winners can be downloaded in a spreadsheet. Plus, Customer Service here can’t be beat.

Pros

Accelevents Auction Software is very easy to use and navigate. Our school has been using it for 4 years now. Unlimited number of items can be uploaded and there is an option to include multiple images of the item, indicate its value, number of units available, and whether it’s a Live item. If you have the same items from year to year, you can move them over from your previous events to the new event....

Cons

There aren’t really any cons---except with the automatic save. You need to remember to refresh your page to make sure that changes you made were actually saved. Sometimes, it looks like it’s saved but isn’t. I think this happens more as your list of auction items grow.

Hi Joanne, We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience! Looking forward to workign with you again soon! -Jon

VK

Vicky K.

Used other for 1-2 years

Easy to use platform at an affordable price.

Besides the ease of use for the auction holder and bidders, there are a couple of additional benefits that you may not receive from another auction site. One of them being the CSR addresses any question or concern immediately. No matter what time or what day, any question you have will be instantly addressed. The other benefit is the cost. You will have an amazing auction site with a very affordable price tag. There are no hidden fees. You will know exactly what you will be paying to use the site.

Pros

The site is extremely user friendly without the need to be a technical genius. It is very clear how to set up your main page and then to add items, including names, photos, and descriptions as well as bidding information. The auction is also extremely user friendly for your bidders. People can simply bid from their phone or computer following an easy few step process. Bidders are also alerted immediately if they are outbid adding a competitive edge to the bidding. Because the auction is online, there is no limit on who it reaches. The site can be shared outside of your targeted group.

Cons

This was our second time using AccelEvents for our online auction. After our first auction, we made suggestions for areas that could be improved and all of those changes were implemented.

Thanks Vikcy! We look forward to working with you again!

MR

Melanie R.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

Less than intuitive interface and documentation

Awful.

Pros

I liked the idea of being able to have a live exhibit area.

Cons

Administrators still had to be designated as speakers to have functionality in that session. Weird to have to register speakers as attendees to be able to see other sessions. We offered to pay money to have an Accelevents person facilitate the event or train us beyond their not-so-helpful documentation and training events. They refused, saying we were too small without even quoting us a price. Live chat support sends you back to the documentation. We finally gave up a week before the event and went elsewhere because we couldn't guarantee we could provide a good experience for attendees.

DH

Delia H.

A-MA-FREAKING-ZING

the amazing immediate reply with in 30 seconds of asking any question

Pros

This software is so easy to use. JUST WHEN YOU THINK you need to have this software needs a function that doesn't exist you ask CUST SUPPORT in a panic how in the world you will possibly make it work they are 5 million steps ahead of you. Not only that but within 5 seconds they reply with a warm stress free reply that reassures you that your event that you spent countless hours on is going to be the most amazing and successful event that could have possibly existed for your cause. I AM NOT A TECH SAVY PERSON! BORN IN THE MILLENNIAL GENERATION I STUCK AT COMPUTERS! but they have made it beyond easy! My second year happy to plan this even thanks to these guys!

Cons

the only thing i don't like about this software program is that they don't have the outreach that other auction softwares have that they send out technical help for the actual event to make the event smooth as possible. Even though they are there to help at every second through the site i can only imagine the absolute craziness if the top notch service was right in front of you

AC

Anthony C.

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Accelevents Rocks!

Excellent overall - Great to work with!

Pros

Easy to use, robust, amazing support, powerful hardware implications for onsite badge printing, friendly team of professionals.

Cons

I truly say enough good about the Accelevents product, other than I wish I would have found them sooner.

AA

Anthony A.

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Accelevents has what I need for a complete virtual event

Very positive. Support is really great and puts other virtual event platforms that I've worked with to shame.

Pros

It has the right features. I don't want to pay for a bunch of features that I won't use.

Cons

There's not really anything that I dislike.

BP

Bryan P.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

When The Live Event World Went Dark, AccelEvents Helped Save My Business

I can't recommend AE highly enough. When the pandemic hit, many agencies like mine went under or drastically reduced their business. With AE at my side, I was able to execute two years of the highest gross sales and revenue in my company's history. If you're a seasoned pro at virtual events, they work in lockstep with you and give you the tools to succeed. If you're brand new, they're there to help and get you from step to step.I am a very loyal customer and hope everyone else has as good an experience as I did.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about AE is simply their responsiveness. We had a direct line of communication with [sensitive content hidden] and he was always friendly, receptive to questions and requests, and eager to help make sure our events went off without a hitch.

Cons

I wish there were tiers for customization that my clients could taker advantage of. The "all or nothing" pricing for customization definitely put a couple clients off from making the site look exactly like what they wanted it to look like.

MM

Margaret M.

Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees

Perfect Product for Non Profit

We hosted an event and utilized Accelevents for ticketing and managing our silent auction. Ticketing was easy to set and we could customize per our specific needs. Silent Auction set-up, execution and checkout was the easy, straight forward and user friendly. Customer service and help options were phenomenal….it's old school customer service....hard to find these days. We will use Accelevents for ALL our future needs.

Pros

Super user friendly Excellent Customer Service Many 'a la carte' features for NP various needs (auction, ticketing, etc.) Only pay for what you need Very cost effective for our small NP with little money to spend Phenomenal customer service No app needed for auction bidding

Cons

Wish we could group text all guests at event via software

Thanks, Margaret! We are happy to look into the option of offering a group text feature.

MB

Marile B.

The online/mobile auction solution I've been looking for!

I volunteer with a number of local non-profit organizations and often find myself working on silent auctions. For the past couple of years, I have looked into solutions for moving our auctions online, in order to increase visibility and participation. But most of the solutions would cost us the bulk of our fundraising. For small community organizations like PTOs, the giant platforms are just not a...

Internet, 1-10 employees

Great value proposition

Instead of cancelling a time consuming, expensive in-person auction, we moved to an online solution and saw a greater profit, with less work and less expenses.

Pros

We looked at several auction systems for an annual charity auction to move it from a physical auction to a fully online auction. After looking at about 5-6 competitors, Accelevents seemed to be the most reasonably priced and easy to use software. A lot of other systems require a monthly subscription which is not reasonable for small organizations.

Cons

Some of the features are not completely obvious, and maybe the help articles could be a little more developed, but help was always available, prompt and patient.

EB

Elaine B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Platform Review for Virtual Conference

Accelevents is an amazing virtual platform for hosting multi-day conference. It's easy to use as the admin/organizer and easy for attendees to navigate when participating on the platform.

Pros

1. Platform layout- from attendees' view is easy to use. 2. Registration- creating the registration form, testing and dispatching was easy3. Speaker session- creating speaker sessions was easy to use4. Accelevents team- everyone was super helpful, responsive, and friendly5. Accelevents DES- having DES to assist with all the work prior to event start date and on event days was amazing and much needed

Cons

1. Speaker name tag on screen- when presenters are live in their session, their name doesn't appear on their window for attendees to identify the speakers on main stage2. Live stream lag time - major lag time from backstage to front stage3. Live stream screen sharing video- there was a major glitch when trying to screen share a video file in a main session4. Speaker background- doesn't have an option for speakers to choose or blur their background

Hi Elaine, thanks for the feedback! We're happy to hear that you had such a great experience overall. We are working hard to expand the functionality available in the Accelevents broadcasting studio and introduce lower latency streaming options. We're looking forward to working with you and your team for future events!

AO

Aric O.

Biotechnology, 1-10 employees

LifeSciences BC Investor Summit with Accelevents

Pros

The user interface, for the most part, was very quick to learn. A lot of the features were very intuitive, such as the way the Agenda works, how transitioning between Main Stage sessions happened, and how easy it was to network with other attendees. The ability to have statistical data on specific sessions with the Analysis tab was also very useful as it allowed us to make some on-the-fly decisions to try to maximize attendee engagement.

Cons

There are some features that are less intuitive than we would have liked, such as the lack of ability for the moderator of a session to mute other speakers, the strict pixel requirements for photos and logos, and how the Zoom integration didn't go as smoothly as we had hoped.

Hi Aric, thanks for sharing your feedback! We are constantly working to enhance the platform and make it even more intuitive. As for Zoom, their web SDK is very limited and not fully supported by Zoom. We have shared this with them numerous time and hope that they will enhance it in the future. In the mean time, we suggest using our built in video tools! Thanks again, Jon!

JB

Jahnavi B.

Perfect for Small/Mid Size Auction

We are an elementary school PTA that has a silent auction with 100 items once a year. Accelevents was perfect for us! The 1st time I used it was the 1st time we put the auction online--raising 33% more funds than in previous "bid on paper" years. Thank you for making our auction a big success!

Pros

This software is so easy to use--very intuitive, not too many features, but it has the right ones. Customer support is great--in chat or email with quick simple responses! Low cost--we raised $8000 and were able to keep most of it last year. Integration for payment was awesome!

Cons

We have multiple items in our auction that are the same (parking spots)--would be nice to list it on time and give the 3 spots to the 3 highest bidders. Small feature that's definitely not critical -- but a nice add on.

Hi Jahnavi, Thanks for the feedback! We're excited to hear that your event was such a success. We actually have a feature which allows for multiple winners per item! This will be perfect for your next event. Check out this link with instructions on how to use it. https://support.accelevents.com/tips-and-tricks/assigning-multiple-winners-for-your-silent-auction-items Best, Jon

JN

Janis N.

Customer Support Makes Accelevents a Standout

We used Accelevents to create our Spring Bash webpage, which included an online auction. Accelevents is pretty easy to use, but it does have some confusing parts. Customer support makes Accelevents a standout. Whenever I had a question or problem, I could type it to CSR get an answer within a few minutes.

Pros

Whenever I had a question or problem, I could type it to CSR and get an answer within a few minutes. I was able to make a nice looking event webpage. The cost was extremely reasonable. Accelevents is located in the Greater Boston area.

Cons

We had early bird ticket prices and later ticket prices, and I put the dates in, but it didn't switch over automatically; there was something I was supposed to do manually and didn't realize it. There were sample online auction items that never went away; only the users, not the visitors, could see them, but they were confusing and annoying. The limit to the number of contacts was too low.

Hi Janis, thanks for the feedback! I just took a look at your account. It looks like you originally set both tiers of tickets to end at the same time which is why it didn't automatically switch over. The sample auction items and bids can be removed by clicking the trash can item on the add items page. As for the limit on the number of contacts, that is a default limit which we can increase for you . Just send us a note and we will increase it! For your next event we would be happy to look everything over to ensure that the settings are the way you want them to be! Thanks again!

AI

Alexander I.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Accelevents - University of Redlands

Extremely easy to deploy and manage. I don't work in events services/management but the self service model of this software makes it easy for anyone to setup and manage. Customer support has always been quick to respond to all my questions.

Pros

Quick response from Support team, easy of use in deployment and management.

Cons

Not much integration with other apps. Lacking in captioning support, unable to modify the gamification points

KD

Katie D.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Everything I needed

Using accelevents saves me time by giving me all the information from my attendees where, how and when I need it. It also allows me to engage and communicate with them via the white label app before, during and post event, on demand. The obstacles I do run into, their team is able to guide me by listening to what I want, and knowing their product well enough to tell me how to get there.

Pros

Top three would be 1) the service - from initial contact, first-time user, and follow-up - I felt completely confident in the Accelevents team. Timely, helpful, sincere responses. 2) user-friendly, and getting friendlier - don't need a ton of learning or training to get started quickly and execute successfully. 3) Customizable and lots of options - can bend it to my specific needs and their team is very good at helping you be creative. Made me think outside the box of how I thought of the way I was doing things.

Cons

Nothing I felt like, 'oh no, what is this?! ' The few thoughts and suggestions I had have workarounds, have been implemented or are on the road map.

KG

Kent G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Great platform to support our fundraising event

We increased our fundraising by approximately 20% year over year.

Pros

The Accel Events platform was exactly what we needed to support out 2 school fundraiser. We were able to have all of the functionality we wanted and the cost can't be beat. Also, the customer support was outstanding. We work with a number of vendors and haven't had such prompt response from support in terms of time to an answer from any ther vendor.

Cons

The only cons that we experiences were not having all of the reporting bells and whistles available to us online. All of our data was easy to download and get to the info, but it would have been nice to have some more flexible reporting. That said, this was not a huge deal and only a want not as much a need.

RR

Renee R.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Surprised by Expert Service

Pros

Accelevents offered our small nonprofit the opportunity to finally convert to an online auction platform without damaging the bottom line. Moreover, their expert customer service was unparalleled! Always available by chat, email, or phone call, the Accelevents team of professionals shepherded our event from beginning to end with their excellent service, constant availability, and accurate explanations. They even went out of their way to have their designers add a feature I requested. Thank you, Accelevents, for bearing with our first attempt at online bidding!

Cons

There were some checkout features that we could have perfected, perhaps, before the event but most certainly could only be resolved through having experienced them firsthand.

Thanks for the feedback Renee! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

JL

Jackie L.

Individual & Family Services, 201-500 employees

Great Product for First Timers

Pros

As a first-time user of this software, I highly recommend anyone looking to move their auction online. This was the first time our organization moved it online and it could not have been easier!! The set up was simple and easy to comprehend, and customer service was superb! I could message them at any time and they would typically answer within minutes -- even the day of our event! I also liked how you can pick and choose which features you want to use.

Cons

My only suggestions would be: 1.) I had difficulty printing some of your how-to articles. I would suggest making them available in PDF version so they are easier to print. When I reached out for help, I received the response "they're made for online reading only" 2.) I had difficulty uploading a photo for the banner on our event page. I would suggest looking into this.

Hi Jackie, thanks for the feedback! We use a company called intercom to host our knowledge base articles. I shared your feedback with them. Hopefully they will make it easier to print the articles. We have also enhanced the image upload capacity and added a built in cropping tool! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

NN

Nicholas N.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Great software for fundraising

Still the best software I've seen. Very easy to use to run auction event. And the customer service stands out. The team responded to every question quickly, many times within minutes of asking. The support was especially critical night of the event as we had an issue due to user error and the Accelevents team was able to help us resolve.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive interface with strong features

Cons

Honestly do not have a CON. Perhaps the only thing to improve would to be add a few HOW TO videos to the website for quickly getting users up to speed on all of the features.

Thanks, Nicholas! We actually just launched a full how-to video series to get new users up to speed. Feel free to check it out. Looking forward to your next event!

JK

Joel K.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Great Customer Service and User friendly

One of the biggest selling points for us was that there was no monthly fee or yearly contract. Pricing is based on how much you use it and seems very reasonable. Great to be able to have everything in one place and give participants the opportunity to have out of session connection points.

Pros

Staff was very responsive from beginning to end. They would usually respond within a couple minutes to questions. The have a great banks of help tips and topics. Very adaptable to your conference needs, ease of administrating, great solid video and audio.

Cons

It is an adjustment for participants to shift form a zoom format to an interactive full round platform. Web based can limit zoom functions like breakout rooms (also limited in web based zoom).

AB

Aimee B.

Used other for 1-2 years

A great product for a small organization like us

Pros

We are a small non-profit organization and for us, every dollar we spend matters and must be maximized. We host fundraising events about twice a year and have used Accelevents for these events for two years. It is much less expensive than competitors and is very easy to use. Customer support is excellent, always available. We have never had an issue! I am extremely confident in this product and recommend it to everyone.

Cons

The website builder is a little bit glitchy and sometimes I need to restart my browser.

mh

meghann h.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Great Tool for non profits

Pros

This platform was very easy for my busy non profit team to upload silent auction items. It provided our patrons with a fun and easy way to donate to our cause.

Cons

We had a few glitches in loading on some browsers, but the support line helped us out quickly. We got feedback from participants that they wish they couldn't remember their passwords from the year before.

Hi Meghan, Thanks for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the platform worked well for your event! We are running some more tests across all browsers to ensure that you do not have any browser based trouble in the future!

KJ

Kamatara J.

All-in-One Conference App

Very grateful for the flexibility of how we're meeting too, from the main stage to the break out sessions to the meet ups to the lounge...all the stuff that happens in between the conference sessions can still happen here online.

Pros

This software is easy to use, very intuitive. I didn't have to spend hours training or waste my time searching for things to make it work. The build-a-schedule feature was laid out so clearly. I appreciate being able to see an easy preview of what our constituents would see when first buying a ticket to our conference and then when they enter the site for the conference itself. The best part is that this website has everything in one place from ticket purchase to in-site streaming, etc...one place for everything!

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to get just the right photo for the size requirements.

TH

Tom H.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Accelevents for raffle fundraiser

My overall experience with Accelevents is positive and I will recommend this to others.

Pros

The 24/7 customer support is extremely valuable for someone like me who has a real job, and has to work on the Accelevents platform only in my afterhours spare time. Additionally, it is mostly intuitive and does not require a lot of support even for someone like me who is not tech savvy.

Cons

If a purchaser of a raffle ticket makes a mistake by submitting a ticket to the wrong item, the software does not allow for a correction to be made so the ticket can be redirected to the correct item. This is a rare occurrence so not a big deal, but it would be nice to have the ability to make a correction.