Evite Logo

Evite

Event management software for businesses & nonprofits

Evite Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.02/10

Reviews by rating

I like the different sections to help you find what you need for any occasion, and I love the seasonal designs. I'm a graphic designer so I also really like the custom cards with your own design.
This is a very easy to use product that lets you have fun and be creative designing online invitations, with easy tracking and response buttons for the recipient.
It's a quick and easy way to be sure everyone knows the when, where and what to bring for our gatherings. I like how easy it is to use and I like that most people will check and respond to it quickly.
The part that I dislike might not actually be a problem with Evite at all. Often, invites do not actually make it to the inbox of the receiver.
I cannot think of a single thing that I dislike about evite in the more than 15 years I have been using the software.
So, that would be a User issue and simply an application in their Inbox to keep it from going to Spam. So, I suppose if Evite could somehow give an notification so that more people receive it.

NW

Natasha W.

Consultant

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Evite is the next best thing without paper invitations!

Transcript

Natasha: Hi, I'm Natasha. I'm a consultant. And I would give Evite on a scale of one to five, a five....

CG

Ciara G.

President

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Everyday Event Management Tool

Transcript

Sierra: Hi, I'm Sierra. I'm a community engagement manager, and I would give Evite a five out of five....

Adelyn C.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Simple and great for occasions

Pros

Evite has been around for a long time, and I've always really loved that you could send digital invitations and waste less paper. It's easy to see who can and can't go to your event and both UI and UX are really well-developed. Evite keeps evolving to have new functions and it even gives you party ideas, so you can use Evite to brainstorm and then to send out an invitation.

Cons

I don't think there's too much I particularly dislike about Evite except for the fact that some of the more sophisticated invitations require a Premium subscription (but that really is just part of doing business, so I can't criticize them for it).

Michele A.

Events Services, self-employed

Easiest Way To Send Out Invitations

Evite is perfect for inviting multiple people to your event or party through email.

Pros

This is very easy to use software. They have a large selection of free invitations that you can customize for your event or party. The free invitations are well done and stylish. If you want to get a larger selection, some invitations come with at a cost. It's easy to put all the information that the recipient needs in order to attend the event. Plus the recipient can RSVP to the Evite. I also like that you can customize the RSVP responses. For example, at Halloween a "YES" response can be changed to say "Dying To Come" , "MAYBE" to "If The Moon Is Full" and "NO" to "Too scared".

Cons

I've been using Evite for years and I've never purchased and invitation to send. The price is not given to you until you're ready to complete the invitation. The price should be up front so you know before you do all the work.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great for an actual party, not for business

Pros

I like how easy it is for the average user to create an event invitation. Invitees can see who has been invited, who has RSVP'd, and all of the event details in one place. Evite sends out regular reminders to the invitees about the event, and sends follow up reminders to upload pictures.

Cons

Some people have chosen to use this as a business meeting coordinator instead of a google application. This product does not work in that way, or at the very least I would not use it in that way. The follow up emails asking for pictures are frankly, annoying, and are odd after a business meeting. Evite will not solve your business meeting solutions unless you are planning an office party.

Aly O.

Design, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great features, easy to use but outdated card design

Great option when you're managing a large event list.

Pros

Great features like text invites and polls. It's incredibly easy to use - you can put together a great invite in 10 minutes with their easy to navigate features. Tracking and notifications to guests make evite a one stop shop for tracking events.

Cons

The card designs could be much better. The free cards are all a little goofy and it's tough to find one that's sophisticated. The premium cards are a little better but nothing is stand out spectacular about them. You can find much more beautiful designs for a cheaper price elsewhere.

Luis B.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Evite is an awesome and fun invitation tool for all types of events!

Pros

We utilize evite to create simple and effective RSVPs that do more then just allow you to sign up. Our invited guests can communicate to each other and us the organizer to ask question and create conversation around the event. I love that afterwards your guest can leave photos they took of your event and share it with you and the other guests.

Cons

There aren't any cons that I can find except for the email communication. You have to view everything in your browser and not in your email.

Louisa C.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Evite makes online invitations easy and stylish!

Overall, I have greatly enjoyed using Evite. It is so easy to not only make invitations on this platform, but also communicate with guests and keep track of attendance.

Pros

I love using Evite as a way to send more formal, email invitations to events as a college student. If my student organization is hosting an alumni reunion or more upscale gathering, I can easily design formal-looking invitations almost instantly on Evite, and send them out to my email list of guests with just a few more clicks.

Cons

What I like least about Evite is that an increasing amount of their invitation designs are becoming accessible only with a premium account.

Jinan B.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Evite: Useful for creating and receiving invitations

I have attended many events to which I was invited through Evite. The software allows me to connect with friends and is easy to use.

Pros

I have received many invitations using this software, and like that it is straightforward to use. I can easily see who sent it to me and what the event details are.

Cons

Can't really think of any negative features--it is easy to create invitations and send them, and also easy to see event details for invitations.

Tamika B.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Great Invitational Software!

I have realized the effectiveness of this product as it has been a life and time saver when it comes to scheduling major events for our retail/wholesale business.

Pros

I truly love the ease of usage when it comes to this software. I use this software when our company hosts events such as our annual Christmas party, picnics, banquets and major sales events. This software saves me so much time as it sends out the invitations, sends back RSVPs, and the whole works. Suffice to say, it saves me a lot of time all while making the process expedient.

Cons

I have not experienced any negativity with association with this product and its usage. As mentioned in the pros the product has met all of my expectations and then some!

Molly B.

Education Management, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Manage an event in a snap

Pros

I use this software to invite fans to events. It's easy to use and ports my email list quickly and simply. It understands if I have duplicates in the list and deletes them. This software sends out emails to remind participants the event is about to happen. Participants appreciate the friendly reminder. I love also that you can use former events as a template for subsequent events. Really easy to use. Recommended.

Cons

It is a little difficult to figure out how to copy an old event to make a new one. Sometimes I spend time searching through menus trying to find the feature I want. Not always intuitive.

Tiffany L.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Love sending Evites~

Pros

So easy to create beautiful email invitation. Templates are easy to use and set up, easy to track RSVP's and even include a registry. love the easy to use set up, easy to send invites, and receive the RSVPs. Can follow up with people who have not replied efficiently too.

NE

Noelle E.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Event Invites Made Simple!

I use this site often to garner excitement for some of my teen events. It is very user friendly and allows me to gather all of the RSVP information I need. It's free but you can pay for more features and no ads.

Pros

I love that you can easily customize your e-invitation. From design themes to RSVP options, you can personalize this to fit your needs. You can also put instructions in the evite and allow others to see the guest list... or not. This is simple to use and creates clean, personal invites.

Cons

The only complaint I have is that when sending out a youth invite, the ad that displayed on the page was for alcohol. This comes with the territory because it was the free version. If it was a huge problem, I would pay the money to go ad-free. Other than the choice of advertising, no complains.

UB

Ugochi B.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Why bother with paper invites?

Evite just might be the leader in digital invites. They have established their brand and have an outstanding product. A well known and respected brand.

Pros

It is a money saver - I can send and receive invitations - unlike my days of heading to the store to buy invitation cards. It’s instant - no postage hassles and zero waiting. It’s forgiving of errors - unlike paper invites, I can simply log in and make changes - changes which every invitee will get instantly.

Cons

I personally have none. Inputting everyone’s e-mail address could possibly be the only con for some. Society is getting lazier and lazier. If Evite can figure a way to input email addresses for users, they would be super genius.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Perfect for any occasion

Pros

Evite is incredibly easy to use, on the computer and even on the phone. My parents, friends, and coworkers have all used Evite without any difficulties (and some are less technologically savvy than others). I have used Evite for birthdays, parties, work gatherings, and bridal showers and have never had a problem. In addition to emailing an invitation, you also have the option to extend the invitation via text, which is an awesome alternative for those friends who do not check their emails regularly. Once an event has passed, the event moves into a "Past" category which allows you to still access the original initivation later if needed (i.e. for pictures, email addresses, etc.). Evites are easily edited and personalized, I highly recommend it!

Cons

Like with anything new, there is a learning curve for navigating the Evite app. However, it does not take long to learn how to manage and edit invitations through the app.

KL

Kerri L.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Positive review

Pros

I must say that for this product, I use it more for personal than business reasons. Welcome to 2020 where everything is digital... including invitations for parties, conference, and even childrens parties. I have used this for each of my childrens birthday parties. What I like most is the ability to send out reminders for those who have not yet responded.

Cons

Honestly, as a user the appearance of the evite when it comes across. It has an ugly green banner across the top with a giant ad right in the middle of the evite. It takes away from it looking like a professional invitation.

MM

Marie M.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

We love Evite

We love it. We will usually upload our own graphics with our branding to make sure people know it’s our event.

Pros

We like Evite because it’s easy to get information out about various church events. It’s easy to get registration information as well to help plan for events.

Cons

We like that you can invite previous attendee or invited guest however, if people wish to be removed from list you have to scroll through individually to remove people.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Evite Review

It has been really great to even track all the attendees, the count, etc. The notifications are helpful to know all the attendees. It has been very easy to organize an event and be well prepared for any event.

Pros

I like the simplicity of use and that it is free for all users. It is a very effective tool to send invite for events such as birthday, baby showers, concerts, etc. There are lot of options to select the concepts according to the event you choose to invite.

Cons

Overall there all limited designs for free trial, but otherwise it works great to organize events.

MP

Michael P.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Old school at this point, but still useful software

It's fine - I don't ever use this to send out invitations, but I've received plenty of them, mostly through work events. It serves its purpose.

Pros

It's simple. You can be as creative or as plain with the designs and invitations as you'd like. As a recipient, the features are easy enough: attending, not, maybe. It adds events to your calendar so you can keep track of things.

Cons

It's a little cheesy/old-school; email invitations and e-RSVPs seem a little outdated. But, it works, so it's not bad. The animated invitation images are also a bit cheesy.

Claire W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Customizable and user friendly

Pros

These days everything is electronic! Evite fits right in with how everyone communicates and allows me to send customizable invitations to people's emails. This helps them respond quickly, they can search for it later when they need the info, and I can see who has viewed it an NOT replied yet as a way to follow up.

Cons

I wish some of the text placement would be able to be moved around as I desire, or if I wanted to add/take away a picture, I wish I could do that regardless of the template design I had selected.

Information Services, 10,001+ employees

Evite Review

I use evite for all of my invitation needs, I would have used it for my wedding if most of the people were computer savy. It's a great program and it's free if you choose free invites. I love it.

Pros

The pro's of evite: they have free invitations you can send, the ones that aren't free are not expensive. They have invitations for everything. They send you reminders and have easy communications with the people that say they'll attend or haven't responded. Evite offers an eco friendly way to send invitations.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about evite. It's a great option for events instead of using paper. It has easy tracking and everything you need and it's inexpensive.

KB

Kayla B.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Evite is the way to plan an event

Overall I've had a great experience. I'm a new business owner and mother of two small children so I need a fast and easy way to get the word out about an event. I would definitely recommend Evite to others looking to host an event.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up an account and invite people to an event. It can be so time consuming to send out invitations for an event, not to mention expensive. This software makes creating an invitation and getting it to everyone on the guest list so simple!

Cons

I don't like the number of emails I get with guest responses. I wish there was a way to turn this feature off or limit the types of responses I get email notifications for.

NW

Natasha W.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Evite is the next best thing without paper invitations!

Easy and fun to use! It is a wonderful way to plan events, send invites, and track guests’ RSVP all in one place!

Pros

Evite is a user-friendly software. It is cost-effective, and it has plenty of functions that fit my needs. With Evite, I am able to choose a template, create an event, add a gift list, include an additional message for guests, and send updates. I am also able to include RSVP and guest counts to my analysis. After events, Evite alerts all of attendees to send photos from the events, so they are all in one place.

Cons

—Although Evite has multiple templates, sometimes, it is hard to find one that fits my needs. They need more template varieties or a way to customize the current templates. —Also, sometimes the Evite will appear in the guests’ spam folder or junk mail.

KG

Krista G.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Easy way to invite guests!

I used this program to send invites for a baby shower at church. I didn’t have home address but had emails from out Sunday School group email. This made evites perfect for me! I was able to send cute invites and get quick rsvp’s. Love this program!

Pros

No more paper invitations. Simply need an email address and you’re all set! No more addressing envelopes and mailing only to wait for RSVPs.

Cons

Honestly, everything was easy to set up and use. I had no problems using this program!

Amy H.

Entertainment, self-employed

Used other for 6-12 months

User-friendly

This program is easy to use, and manage events. It is a great way to reduce the paper trail and keep the details of your events organized.

Pros

I loved that I could create cute invitations without having the tedious task of physically writing out each individual’s mailing address l, placing a stamp on it and sending it through the Postal Service and hoping it would arrive at all, let alone in a timely manner. Guests were able to respond quickly, change responses, and even write a special note without much effort. I could manage the event and keep up with guest responses with very little effort.

Cons

The free version can be a little cluttered and difficult to navigate with the ads. There are not many style options with the free version either.

TH

Teresa H.

Publishing, self-employed

Easy to Set Up, Easy to Respond

It's super easy to use, and I'd recommend it to anyone setting up events.

Pros

It's ubiquitous. Everyone uses Evite and is familiar with it, so it's not hard to send or receive one--simply respond and you're done. If you're sending out invitations, it's simple to see who's responded or not.

Cons

I have no complaints with it. Setting up an event is simple, choosing a layout is pretty fun, and then watching the responses is also easy.

GA

Gabriela A.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Thanks Evite Team!

Pros

I really like that it links to my phone contacts. This makes it really easy to invite my friends quickly and easily.

Cons

It would be great if my account allowed me to create an evite contact group. Making available multiple contact groups would be very helpful and faster.