Loyalzoo Reviews

Loyalzoo

Digital loyalty card service for SME retailers and eateries

4.51/5 (69 reviews)

Pros
  • I love that I was able to set rewards levels to suit my specific business needs and customer demand. I spent over a month trying to decide on the best rewards program for my business.Elizabeth E.Read the full review
  • Super easy integration with our POS software, very easy to navigate for customers as well as staff, nice to be able to set your own discounts.Samantha M.Read the full review
  • Love it's simplicity and ease of use. Customers love that they only have to provide a phone number amd name and do not need an app.Stacy H.Read the full review
Cons
  • I used to have to hunt for cards, and the odd time a card would be misfiled or ended up paperclipped to another customers card which caused frustration.Anna B.Read the full review
  • At that point, I open up the app on my side of the terminal and then the check in button shows up. This is not a deal breaker for me but it is a little inconvenient.Anna B.Read the full review
  • The interface, although clear, could be a little outdated in terms of style. There are frequent lags in between and the system could be hard to load at times.Joshua W.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Ben Kurbis

Best Loyalty Program We Have Used To Date!

Reviewed 2018-01-20

Pros
The price for what you get is really unbeatable. It has most of the features we need in a loyalty program. Love the 2x loyalty points and ability to push out promotions any time.

Cons
My only issue is so far I have been unable to figure out how to connect it to my WooCommerce store. It would be nice to be able to sync our customers that shop online and in store so they could earn points regardless their method of shopping.

Response from Loyalzoo

Thanks for your feedback Ben!
To connect to Woocommerce, you can use Zapier. Please check loyalzoo.com/integrations.
Cheers.

Jeff Sasse

Cant believe it took me so long to install this!

Reviewed 2019-06-28

As you can see from the rest of this review the software is brilliant and definitely encourages repeat business and equally the team from loyalzoo are on hand to help with any issues. Brilliant service!!

Pros
This software works perfectly for my business. It encourages customers to repeat spend with me, even if they have a more convenient place to shop. Because the software is customisable, it allows me to reward customers with other elements of my business, which encourages cross selling.

Cons
I would like a better interface and easier way to customise messages to customers. Although we can create an email or push notification for VIP's (a brilliant part of this software) the end result to the customer is pretty basic and needs to be smarter.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Jeff,

Thanks so much for your kind words!

If you wouldn't mind dropping us an email to hello@loyalzoo.com as to what you would like to see with our promotions feature, we are always looking for direct suggestions from our clients when improving the software :)

Karolina Va

Useful app but with significant limitations

Reviewed 2018-07-16

Increased customer visitorship and engagement

Pros
Handsfree Marketing feature with Deluxe (most expensive) tier allows for automatic SMS promotions. Ability to create up to 10 rewards.

Cons
When used with the Clover system, app frequently experiences down time and has trouble updating data in real time as customers earn points or redeem rewards. Online dashboard is frequently slow to update. Multiple inventory items cannot be assigned to a reward and automatically deducted from the cost of an order in the register checkout screen (must manually apply percentage off discounts). Unclear when SMS promotions expire. Very small character limit for reward title/description (can't elaborate on size, color, or any other product particularities).

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Karolina, many thanks for the candid review.
Rewards can be configured to inject the discount automatically into the order, there is no need to apply discounts manually. This would work much better in your case.
Please get in touch with us and we can set it up.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Jamie Morrell

Loyalzoo review

Reviewed 2020-02-24

We have been happy with the product and the company. A couple of times I got a little frustrated with the method of communication but our issues are always resolved quickly and explained very well.

Pros
This is such an easy program to use. We have had very few minor mishaps and overall have been very happy with the convenience and ease of this product.

Cons
Really I have no complaints. We are very happy with the program.

Anna Beguin

An Amazing Time Saver!

Reviewed 2020-02-23

When I complete adding each customer into the digital loyalty program, I'll be saving a lot of time. Before Loyalzoo I had kept most of my customers loyalty cards in boxes on my desk. I used to have to hunt for cards, and the odd time a card would be misfiled or ended up paperclipped to another customers card which caused frustration. Now with Loyalzoo, my customers check in and there is no missing cards, and they usually have their profile up even before I'm completed ringing in their purchase. I know immediately if they have qualified for $10 off and they can choose to save it or apply it. I have been using the program for just over 2 weeks and the feedback from my customers has been wonderful. I have yet to try a promotion, so I cannot give feedback on that at the moment.

Pros
I love the time saving this program has created. Instead of having to ask the customers name and search for the customers card, they can check in while I am ringing up their purchase. I used to have customers come back and ask if their points were added to the paper version if they didn't see me do it. Now they receive an email confirming it is done. It is easy to use, I am using the POYNT terminal and I highly recommend Loyalzoo! My customers are definitely enjoying the ease of use, even the few that were resistant to the change.

Cons
When I ask a customer to check in using to bring up their profile, sometimes the check in button doesn't show up on the screen. At that point, I open up the app on my side of the terminal and then the check in button shows up. This is not a deal breaker for me but it is a little inconvenient. The other thing I haven't figured out is if there is a way to remove given points due to a return. You can undo the last points given but there doesn't seem to be an option to choose how many points to delete.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Anna, Thank you for your great feedback. In terms of the check-in issue, you are having we are aware of the problem but it's very difficult to fix due to a technical limitation of Poynt. We're working with them closely to try and iron out some of these issues.

If you want to edit a customer's points further than using the "undo" button, you can edit them from our dashboard under the customers tab. Here is an article on how to do so: https://help.loyalzoo.com/en/articles/418957-updating-a-customers-points-balance

Joshua Wu

A small-business hero in disguise

Reviewed 2018-11-06

Overall our experience with LoyalZoo have been very positive compared to our last loyal program (FiveStar). I think the only issues we've come up with more frequently is monitoring our points from different stores (as our client base is linked with both accounts, sometimes it's hard to determine where the point is coming from since the purchase history is linked to the accounts). However, any questions or issues we have usually the customer service online replies and gives us guidance as soon as possible and is one of the strongest reasons we've continue with LoyalZoo, the customer service is simply impeccable.

Pros
LoyalZoo is simple to use, the interface is clear, and functions are straight forward. It provides us most of the time with exactly what we need, a system that charts our customer's loyalty and nothing else. It was the simplicity that enticed us to use the software in the first place, but ultimately the extremely positive customer service that made us stay.

Cons
The interface, although clear, could be a little outdated in terms of style. There are frequent lags in between and the system could be hard to load at times. There seems to be a few more features that could be added, for instance, changing the avatar on a person's profile or making the numeric selection more flexible (instead of getting 9 from 5+2+2, it would be nice if we could just have the option to click out there). I understand that the software isn't complete and that LoyalZoo is always coming up with new stuff though so that is quite the bonus and something we are looking forward to.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Joshua! Thank you for your feedback. Exciting news we are announcing this week the release of our feature to change your customers profile picture (avatar).

I'm not sure what device you use our software on but if you use a computer or a POS that has a keyboard then you can simply just type how many points you would like to add to the customer, rather than using the manual point buttons :)

Make sure you have a nice strong internet connection to assist with any lag time as our system relies on that :)

Glad to hear you are enjoying the system! And feel free to drop any further notes to hello@loyalzoo.com or via our chat system

John Whiting

Loyalzoo in our vape shop

Reviewed 2019-07-16

I feel that it was a good decision to start using the software and the customers certainly find it good (well the ones who install the app that is.) it does however need some tweaks to become an exceptional addition to our EposNow Till.

Pros
I liked the ease of installation and the speed that we got up and running with our EposNow till system. I really like the fact that we no longer have to spend funds on loyalty cards which customer usually end up loosing anyway. The app is getting some good feedback from our customers too!

Cons
the fact that it doesn't fully integrate with our eposNow system and sometimes it feels like we are running two systems instead of one. The bouncing back and fourth between our till screen and the loyalzoo screen can be a pain. i wish that when we search our existing customers the loyalzoo customers would also comeback and be more like a plugin. the fact that you cannot automatically use the points without searching the app for the customer first then removing the points and then going back into the eposnow screen and remembering to then apply the points at the point of currency changing hands.. real pain..

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey John,

Thanks so much for your great feedback.

Unfortunately, it is a limitation of Epos Now's capabilities that prevent us from having a deeper integration with your till. We would love to have a sleeker experience but we can only go as far as Epos Now's functionalities.

Don't forget customer's don't have to install the app, you can add them into your loyalty program with email and they will get any points and marketing messages in email. You can even set-up a customer-facing check-in tablet so they can add their own email, using these instructions here: http://help.loyalzoo.com/en/articles/492777-how-to-get-customers-to-register-themselves-in-store

If you require any assistance with the above, just reach out at hello@loyalzoo.com :)

hoang tran

Wished I knew about it earlier!

Reviewed 2019-07-12

Pros
I love that it's so easy to use and simple. You can customize how you want your points to be. Whether it's a point per dollar, or a point per visit, or point per item/service, it's easy. I also love that I can view the history of clients and see when their total visits and last visit. I love the search function. Listings come up as you're typing in the 3rd character. It's simple for what I need for my business and at the right price. There are other rewards systems out there but way too expensive for what I need.

Cons
At the moment, I can't think of anything =)

Desiree Bell

Great Loyalty Program But...

Reviewed 2018-11-02

Pros
The Program as a whole is really great! They are always offers updates and continue to add new features while keeping the price the same. The pricing is great especially compared to other Loyalty apps out there like Fivestars, which is almost double the price. The fact that you get to send text and email straight to your customer base really helps to keep traffic coming to you store. All in all i am very happy with my service

Cons
There are just a few thing I feel need work. They offer double points that can be turned on manually at anytime. I wish you were able to have the double points put on a schedule to automatically be turned on when you set it to. I also wish they offered a birthday offer to our customers. The previous reward system we used offered this service and our customers really liked the extra little bonus during there birthday month.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Desiree,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

We do have the ability to schedule double points ; ) The instructions here tell you how to set it up: http://help.loyalzoo.com/marketing-to-your-customers/setting-up-double-points

In terms of Birthday offers we plan to have this as a feature for you Q1/19

Enjoy!

Samantha McGovern

Loyalzoo Review

Reviewed 2019-10-05

We really enjoy the ease of use and that customers can easily check in with the app so we don't even have to look up their name or email to reward/redeem their points.

Pros
Super easy integration with our POS software, very easy to navigate for customers as well as staff, nice to be able to set your own discounts!

Cons
We haven't had any issues with Loyalzoo, no customer complaints either, only feedback would be that customers are sometimes unaware they have points to redeem for discounts.

Jason Brown

Perfect rewards program for businesses

Reviewed 2019-06-24

My previous rewards program was a ok, but kept trying to up sell me with programs and offerings that didn't work for my business customers and or cost to much. Eventually they were going to more than double the cost. I found Loyalzoo and it has been nothing but great. They were super responsive during the switch over and the system has worked seamlessly. Nothing but good words for Loyalzoo. If thinking about switching or starting a system definitely go with Loyalzoo. It will be worth it. They also offer scalable programs to serve you as you want to expand or try new things with your program. I have not gone beyond the basic package, but love it.

Pros
The process of switching my previous system to Loyalzoo was so so easy. They worked with me, with real people helping, to get my customers ported over. Seamless!!! The software was easy to put on multiple computers and the employees picked it up super quick. Nothing but good words for Loyalzoo. I am not paid to say this!!

Cons
Had Loyalzoo for about a year and I can't think of a problem with the software. The method of getting quick help works extremely well. I only had to use it early on, when I had a question or two.

Response from Loyalzoo

Jason,

Many thanks for your super kind words!!!
Cheers,

Massimo

Madison McNees

We use Loyalzoo to give our customers rewards and send push notifications.

Reviewed 2018-07-13

Customer information and tracking of stats.

Pros
That it just needs a name and phone number. Our customers love that they do not have to give a ton of information to sign up.

Cons
It can be glitchy at times. When trying to merge or delete customers it doesn't always work. It also has problems with adding points in at times. I don't like the animal cartoons instead of pictures now either.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Madison, thanks for the feedback! We are currently working on a better merge/delete function which will be available in the dashboard area soon, so we'll let you know once it's released :)

Customer profile pictures are still available as long as the customer checks-in using their Facebook profile. We implemented the animals to help you further identify your customers who didn't check-in with that facility. If you need any assistance with the above or to provide any further feedback feel free to reach us on hello@loyalzoo.com

William Pauliswon

Not a bad product

Reviewed 2019-06-28

Good programing, customer service is good just has a few limitations

Pros
Software input is easy to use. Adding customers to Loyal zoo extremely easy

Cons
Text limit needs to be extended for text messages Number of promotions per month month needs to be increrased. We are at the highest amount and it isnt enough.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey William,

Thank you for your kind review.

You may not be aware that you now have the ability to send more text with your promotions. You just need to write the extra content in the details section (instructions here: http://help.loyalzoo.com/en/articles/77547-how-to-setup-a-marketing-promotion).

In terms of more promotional messages, they are capped at 4/month because we want to ensure you have a high opt-in rate, rather than having a lot of "opt-outs" from your customers and deeming future promotions useless. You are more than welcome to download your customer list from our dashboard and send your own email marketing campaigns :)

For any further assistance/feedback feel free to start a chat with us or drop a note to hello@loyalzoo.com

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Zachary Paier

Great App - Nearly Perfect

Reviewed 2018-11-02

Overall, this app continues to improve and is quite functional compared to other applications. Although I can find a few things that can use some improvement, the developers continue to make this app better. It does the job well and I will continue to use it.

Pros
The user interface is very logical and well put together.

Cons
The lack of bi-weekly payments as an option. The only way to change a client’s payment plan is to cancel their membership (which they get a notification for) and to create a new plan (which they don’t get a notification for.) Refunds from the app would be great too.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Zachary,

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

Indeed we will be bringing out more options like bi-weekly in the new year. Refunds too maybe around that time ; )

Full disclosure it's a bit tricky to edit payment dates because if a customer has paid a certain amount prior it's uncertain how to rectify that in the edit function. We're just trying to figure out technically the best way to execute that feature.

Once again thank you for your great feedback.
Anything you find along the way, just drop us a note to hello@loyalzoo.com as we're always looking for feature recommendations. Cheers!

Jessica Lee

Great that it is integrated with our system and loyal points are automatically added per transaction

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Integrated with our Clover system! It's own application. No bulky items.

Pros
Whenever I have questions I would email their support and they would answer very quickly. They're also very personable! I definitely like Loyalzoo a lot more than Five Stars because this is way way cheaper and is integrated into our Clover system. So no clutter on our cash register area!

Cons
I wish I was able to subtract points from the user's history. I'm able to do it right away but if I needed to subtract a specific amount of points I would need to apply a pre-made discount and balance that discount by adding points. It's a pro and con to have our customer's phone numbers linked to their credit card. I had a problem once where our customer's credit card was linked to their friends' phone number so I had to contact support to make sure it was no longer linked.

Joe Sydow

Review for use with the Clover POS

Reviewed 2018-10-26

This is a cheaper alternative to other loyalty programs, but limits you in quite a few ways

Pros
It was an easy transition from 5 Stars program to Loyalzoo. Anytime we had an issue, Loyalzoo was very quick to help correct. They are easy to along with and get ahold of. The software took a lot of work from my employees freeing them up for other work.

Cons
I don’t like the promotion limits and other limitations they have.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Joe, thanks so much for your feedback! We've just updated our promotions feature so you can include images and as much content as you like, it would be great to understand what you mean by limitations. We're always improving and creating new features based on what our clients need so feel free to drop us a note at hello@loyalzoo.com

Greg Harmon

Our customers really like using an electronic app vs. the old paper style punch cards.

Reviewed 2018-01-18

Pros
I like the simplicity of it. It performs well and does exactly what I need it to do without trying to sell me numerous additional features which I'm not looking for. Also, the weekly reports are quite useful as well. In the past when we've had minor issues the staff was very responsive and had us back up and running quickly. We haven't had any issues recently- it's probably been over a year now with everything working nearly flawlessly.

Cons
When we have to perform a customer "look up" it does not immediately indicate that the card has been punched. When we are busy this can cause some confusion. It used to work that way- assuming it's a fairly easy fix.

Ben Kurbis

Pretty Decent Loyalty Program

Reviewed 2018-11-06

Overall Im pretty happy with LoyalZoo, I just wish it had a few more features and not such limited SMS messaging.

Pros
Its a pretty simple to use interface and offers basic loyalty features as well as limited SMS messaging.

Cons
There really isn't a good way to integrate it into our online shopping cart WooCommerce so it really only works for us in store.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Ben,

Glad to hear you are loving our system. In terms of connecting your in-store loyalty program with your e-commerce, you can use our Zapier integration to do so, instructions are available at help.loyalzoo.com

With SMS messaging, feel free to drop us a note at hello@loyalzoo.com to explain the limitations. We SMS point notifications, your blast marketing messages and promotions to your VIP, New and Slipping away customers which is far more than what any of our competitors offer.

We're always improving the product based on your feedback so feel free to send us any comments along the way. Cheers!

Johnny Faradjian

Using LoyalZoo for nearly two years; Love it!

Reviewed 2018-01-22

Pros
I like the ease of use of Loyalzoo and its integration with Clover specifically on the front end of the transaction. It's extremely easy and intuitive to begin a transaction looking for the last four digits of the customer's phone number. It would be great if there was a tablet facing the customer (much like five-stars) whereby customers can come to the counter, enter their account number / phone number, and Clover to quickly register the account and the cashier can begin the transaction.

Cons
Need to find more online ordering platforms that integrate with Loyalzoo. Zapier did not work for me as it does not have Chowbot as a list of apps it recognizes

Rose Fogarty

Loyal Zoo review

Reviewed 2016-11-07

Every day when I first log on to our system the app is not accessible. After a few minutes it comes back on but it happens everyday. Sometimes it's very slow to respond when you're trying to pull up a customer. Adding points to a customer from the back office is really easy. Adding new customers is pretty simple but if someone sets up their own account from the app the retailer can't change anything on it. Sometimes that causes problems.

Pros
The ease of use at the register

Cons
No reports

Response from Loyal Zoo

Thank you for your feedback Rose. It's great to hear that you would recommend our product to others. In regards to slowness when starting your Clover station up in the morning, this has got to do with the Clover station itself and starting many applications at once. For customers signing up to your loyalty program via the free Loyalzoo app it is the customers prerogative to provide their contact details, hence the reason why you can't edit them on your Clover station. We look forward to having you as a long term customer with Loyalzoo.

Fonda Chen

Manager

Reviewed 2018-11-06

If customer can check in by own , not our cashier have to do it.That will be much more easier . Thank you.

Pros
I like this reward account software. Easy check in with customer phone number. Automatic earning points. Much more better then punch reward card, it may lost or forgot. The handsfree marketing is so cool!

Cons
Build up your own relationship with customers

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Fonda,

The customer can check-in themselves already by either downloading the Loyalzoo app on their smartphone or by using our customer facing check-in feature for tablets. Here's instructions on how to set it up: http://help.loyalzoo.com/using-loyalzoo-in-store/how-to-get-customers-to-register-themselves-in-store

We'll be releasing a customer facing solution to Clover hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Customers will be able to sign up or check-in with their email or phone number directly from the Clover device :)

Enjoy!

Laura Hambling

Laura

Reviewed 2019-06-29

Good, great customer base

Pros
Easy to use, free messaging to customer. Quick help reply’s from customer service

Cons
Doesn’t fully automate with Epos now so it can be slow to add points at the till.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Laura,

Thanks so much for your kind feedback.

In regards to the integration with Epos Now we have an automatic points integration that was released as an option quite some time ago. Your account currently remains on manual points. If you wish to change to automatic points feel free to drop us an email at hello@loyalzoo.com :)

Catherine Outlaw

Can't say enough good things about this app

Reviewed 2018-01-17

Pros
I searched high and low for a reward app that fit my needs. After using Loyalzoo for a month or so, I decided to try another app to compare. I went back to Loyalzoo within hours of trying the other app. The people are Loyalzoo are amazing. Customer service is wonderful and they're always willing to take suggestions to improve the app. My business relies on Loyalzoo on a daily basis and they keep improving it.

Cons
I wish the comment field was a little bigger but they are working on that and it may be bigger by their next update (because they actively listen to suggestions).

Response from Loyalzoo

Thanks for your lovely feedback Catherine!
And yes, a bigger comment field will be part of our next big release in a couple of weeks time, and search will also search within comments :-)

alejandro Rangel

Fast and easy way to engage your prospective audience.

Reviewed 2018-07-10

I would say the main benefit that I receive. Is being able to reach out to my customer base whenever needed. I have an immediate response mainly to SMS messages and we are very happy with that.

Pros
I really enjoyed being able to store information on two different formats. The ability to text and email is quite helpful.

Cons
Sporadically the service will go out from time to time. It is always resolved but it sometimes tends to be annoying.

Stacy Hilde

A GREAT starter customer rewards program

Reviewed 2019-06-28

It is a GREAT starter took for customer rewards, very easy to use. No punch cards solves so many problems.

Pros

Cons
One phone number per program does not work for our older population or Amish who do not use smartphones or email. Many users share same phone number. Also wish there were more bells and whistles, more ability to collect time/day usage, send out surveys, hold contests, etc.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Stacy,

Thanks so much for your kind feedback. The reason why we only allow one phone number or email is because we use this as a unique identifier to prevent fraud. As a workaround I can add a modification to your account which means you can create customers without email or phone number, that way the customer can simply track their points when they come in-store. If you would like me to do this, just drop us an email at hello@loyalzoo.com :)

We'll be looking at more bells and whistles Q4/19 - Q1/20 and will take your recommendations on board. We're already looking for providers to help us with reviews etc.

Thanks!