Loyal Zoo Logo

Loyal Zoo

Digital loyalty card service for SME retailers and eateries

Loyal Zoo Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.34/10

Reviews by rating

Loyal Zoo has been so great during the last couple of months for us. Our customers are starting to get familiar with it and hopefully they will all have their names on by the end of 2021.
Integration was very simple and easy to launch. What I like most is that I can use the least amount of personal information possible and the mobile sign in is awesome.
This is such an easy program to use. We have had very few minor mishaps and overall have been very happy with the convenience and ease of this product.
There was one problem when I was away from work and I needed to look up a client but forgot my password. I emailed them and I was not able to get it until the next day.
When they bring it back, we enter the info and the missed points from the first visit at our convenience when we're not busy.
I miss being able to write notes on customers accounts.

Jason B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Perfect rewards program for businesses

My previous rewards program was a ok, but kept trying to up sell me with programs and offerings that didn't work for my business customers and or cost to much. Eventually they were going to more than double the cost. I found Loyalzoo and it has been nothing but great. They were super responsive during the switch over and the system has worked seamlessly. Nothing but good words for Loyalzoo. If thinking about switching or starting a system definitely go with Loyalzoo. It will be worth it. They also offer scalable programs to serve you as you want to expand or try new things with your program. I have not gone beyond the basic package, but love it.

Pros

The process of switching my previous system to Loyalzoo was so so easy. They worked with me, with real people helping, to get my customers ported over. Seamless!!! The software was easy to put on multiple computers and the employees picked it up super quick. Nothing but good words for Loyalzoo. I am not paid to say this!!

Cons

Had Loyalzoo for about a year and I can't think of a problem with the software. The method of getting quick help works extremely well. I only had to use it early on, when I had a question or two.

Jason, Many thanks for your super kind words!!! Cheers, Massimo

MM

Madison M.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

We use Loyalzoo to give our customers rewards and send push notifications.

Customer information and tracking of stats.

Pros

That it just needs a name and phone number. Our customers love that they do not have to give a ton of information to sign up.

Cons

It can be glitchy at times. When trying to merge or delete customers it doesn't always work. It also has problems with adding points in at times. I don't like the animal cartoons instead of pictures now either.

Hey Madison, thanks for the feedback! We are currently working on a better merge/delete function which will be available in the dashboard area soon, so we'll let you know once it's released :) Customer profile pictures are still available as long as the customer checks-in using their Facebook profile. We implemented the animals to help you further identify your customers who didn't check-in with that facility. If you need any assistance with the above or to provide any further feedback feel free to reach us on hello@loyalzoo.com

KV

Karolina V.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Useful app but with significant limitations

Increased customer visitorship and engagement

Pros

Handsfree Marketing feature with Deluxe (most expensive) tier allows for automatic SMS promotions. Ability to create up to 10 rewards.

Cons

When used with the Clover system, app frequently experiences down time and has trouble updating data in real time as customers earn points or redeem rewards. Online dashboard is frequently slow to update. Multiple inventory items cannot be assigned to a reward and automatically deducted from the cost of an order in the register checkout screen (must manually apply percentage off discounts). Unclear when SMS promotions expire. Very small character limit for reward title/description (can't elaborate on size, color, or any other product particularities).

Hi Karolina, many thanks for the candid review. Rewards can be configured to inject the discount automatically into the order, there is no need to apply discounts manually. This would work much better in your case. Please get in touch with us and we can set it up.

SW

Shannon W.

Seamless with Clover

Excellent! Very pleased!

Pros

I love that this program integrates seamlessly with my POS system and it's very simple and easy to use. Installing it was a breeze! It's very easy to set-up a basic loyalty program, and I like the double points feature when I'm having special promotions in the store. I've been using it for almost 2 years and have been very pleased.

Cons

I've had a few minor instances in which the software wasn't working, but it worked itself out after a few hours and was up and running again.

Hi Shannon, Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it! Unfortunately, when you experienced things not working it was when your Clover POS was down and not passing us any of your customer orders and their data, so we could not give loyalty points automatically. I find this happens on the odd occasion with Clover but when it does our software goes back to any of those missed orders at the time and gives points when Clover are back up and running. Glad you're loving everything else : )

LR

Lidia R.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Very easy to use & atractive loyalty scheme

It has been really good to engage with new customers and regular ones, without complications on setting it up. It has been really helpful to be able to have a clear picture of people coming back.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. The team behind Loyalzoo have been amazing help and quick to solve any enquiries. Very straight forward for customers and for us as a business to create rewards & implement them straight away, encouraging people to come back.

Cons

It is really good overall. Maybe just a bit more of functionality on data export and member management, specially with our integration with our till system & online sales so that the campaings can be sent separately but from the same back end - flexibility on audience targeting functionality I would say is something that would be interesting to add when creating a campaign.

WP

William P.

Tobacco, 1-10 employees

Not a bad product

Good programing, customer service is good just has a few limitations

Pros

Software input is easy to use. Adding customers to Loyal zoo extremely easy

Cons

Text limit needs to be extended for text messages Number of promotions per month month needs to be increrased. We are at the highest amount and it isnt enough.

Hey William, Thank you for your kind review. You may not be aware that you now have the ability to send more text with your promotions. You just need to write the extra content in the details section (instructions here: http://help.loyalzoo.com/en/articles/77547-how-to-setup-a-marketing-promotion). In terms of more promotional messages, they are capped at 4/month because we want to ensure you have a high opt-in rate, rather than having a lot of "opt-outs" from your customers and deeming future promotions useless. You are more than welcome to download your customer list from our dashboard and send your own email marketing campaigns :) For any further assistance/feedback feel free to start a chat with us or drop a note to hello@loyalzoo.com

ZP

Zachary P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great App - Nearly Perfect

Overall, this app continues to improve and is quite functional compared to other applications. Although I can find a few things that can use some improvement, the developers continue to make this app better. It does the job well and I will continue to use it.

Pros

The user interface is very logical and well put together.

Cons

The lack of bi-weekly payments as an option. The only way to change a client’s payment plan is to cancel their membership (which they get a notification for) and to create a new plan (which they don’t get a notification for.) Refunds from the app would be great too.

Hey Zachary, Thank you for your lovely feedback. Indeed we will be bringing out more options like bi-weekly in the new year. Refunds too maybe around that time ; ) Full disclosure it's a bit tricky to edit payment dates because if a customer has paid a certain amount prior it's uncertain how to rectify that in the edit function. We're just trying to figure out technically the best way to execute that feature. Once again thank you for your great feedback. Anything you find along the way, just drop us a note to hello@loyalzoo.com as we're always looking for feature recommendations. Cheers!

Jason B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Perfect fit for your loyalty program

If you are looking for a customer loyalty system but don't have the need for all the bells and whistles or can't afford what many other systems require but you want a full package of use and services Loyal Zoo is perfect.

Pros

Loyal Zoo is the best customer loyalty system on the market. We used a few others before discovering Loyal Zoo. The transition from my old system to Loyal Zoo was amazingly simple. The day to day interface is fast and easy.

Cons

Honestly I don't have anything negative to say about the Loyal Zoo.

Thanks so much Jason for your kind review :)

JL

Jessica L.

Great that it is integrated with our system and loyal points are automatically added per transaction

Integrated with our Clover system! It's own application. No bulky items.

Pros

Whenever I have questions I would email their support and they would answer very quickly. They're also very personable! I definitely like Loyalzoo a lot more than Five Stars because this is way way cheaper and is integrated into our Clover system. So no clutter on our cash register area!

Cons

I wish I was able to subtract points from the user's history. I'm able to do it right away but if I needed to subtract a specific amount of points I would need to apply a pre-made discount and balance that discount by adding points. It's a pro and con to have our customer's phone numbers linked to their credit card. I had a problem once where our customer's credit card was linked to their friends' phone number so I had to contact support to make sure it was no longer linked.

JS

Joe S.

Review for use with the Clover POS

This is a cheaper alternative to other loyalty programs, but limits you in quite a few ways

Pros

It was an easy transition from 5 Stars program to Loyalzoo. Anytime we had an issue, Loyalzoo was very quick to help correct. They are easy to along with and get ahold of. The software took a lot of work from my employees freeing them up for other work.

Cons

I don’t like the promotion limits and other limitations they have.

Hey Joe, thanks so much for your feedback! We've just updated our promotions feature so you can include images and as much content as you like, it would be great to understand what you mean by limitations. We're always improving and creating new features based on what our clients need so feel free to drop us a note at hello@loyalzoo.com

GH

Greg H.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Our customers really like using an electronic app vs. the old paper style punch cards.

Pros

I like the simplicity of it. It performs well and does exactly what I need it to do without trying to sell me numerous additional features which I'm not looking for. Also, the weekly reports are quite useful as well. In the past when we've had minor issues the staff was very responsive and had us back up and running quickly. We haven't had any issues recently- it's probably been over a year now with everything working nearly flawlessly.

Cons

When we have to perform a customer "look up" it does not immediately indicate that the card has been punched. When we are busy this can cause some confusion. It used to work that way- assuming it's a fairly easy fix.

JF

Johnny F.

Using LoyalZoo for nearly two years; Love it!

Pros

I like the ease of use of Loyalzoo and its integration with Clover specifically on the front end of the transaction. It's extremely easy and intuitive to begin a transaction looking for the last four digits of the customer's phone number. It would be great if there was a tablet facing the customer (much like five-stars) whereby customers can come to the counter, enter their account number / phone number, and Clover to quickly register the account and the cashier can begin the transaction.

Cons

Need to find more online ordering platforms that integrate with Loyalzoo. Zapier did not work for me as it does not have Chowbot as a list of apps it recognizes

FC

Fonda C.

Manager

If customer can check in by own , not our cashier have to do it.That will be much more easier . Thank you.

Pros

I like this reward account software. Easy check in with customer phone number. Automatic earning points. Much more better then punch reward card, it may lost or forgot. The handsfree marketing is so cool!

Cons

Build up your own relationship with customers

Hi Fonda, The customer can check-in themselves already by either downloading the Loyalzoo app on their smartphone or by using our customer facing check-in feature for tablets. Here's instructions on how to set it up: http://help.loyalzoo.com/using-loyalzoo-in-store/how-to-get-customers-to-register-themselves-in-store We'll be releasing a customer facing solution to Clover hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Customers will be able to sign up or check-in with their email or phone number directly from the Clover device :) Enjoy!

NA

Nina A.

Unhappy

Have had problems since day one.

Pros

Easy features for customers to use points and redeem

Cons

Does not work well with the EposNow system i am using as my main register.

Hi Nina, Thank you for your feedback, we're always very appreciative. I know the issue you are having is Epos Now POS loading our software which causes you slowness :( We've trying really hard to get Epos Now to change their infrastructure so rather than loading our software each time and making it slow, there will be a solution for this longterm. I do have another solution though for the immediate future, I'll get one of my colleagues to also give you a ring today to explain and follow up with the email we have on file for you. Thanks!

SH

Stacy H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

A GREAT starter customer rewards program

It is a GREAT starter took for customer rewards, very easy to use. No punch cards solves so many problems.

Pros

Love it's simplicity and ease of use. Customers love that they only have to provide a phone number amd name and do not need an app.

Cons

One phone number per program does not work for our older population or Amish who do not use smartphones or email. Many users share same phone number. Also wish there were more bells and whistles, more ability to collect time/day usage, send out surveys, hold contests, etc.

Hey Stacy, Thanks so much for your kind feedback. The reason why we only allow one phone number or email is because we use this as a unique identifier to prevent fraud. As a workaround I can add a modification to your account which means you can create customers without email or phone number, that way the customer can simply track their points when they come in-store. If you would like me to do this, just drop us an email at hello@loyalzoo.com :) We'll be looking at more bells and whistles Q4/19 - Q1/20 and will take your recommendations on board. We're already looking for providers to help us with reviews etc. Thanks!

CG

Courtney G.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

The program is easy to use, but glitchy

Pros

It Is easy to use, when it is working. It is easy to set up the discounts Nice that people get notifications of points when they purchase

Cons

Does not push out reward info to customers. It is frequently not working. I can't fix when points are given incorrectly.

Hey Courtney, thank you for your feedback. We will be releasing a more intuitive communication shortly, so when a customer has a reward to be redeemed they will be notified. In terms of editing a customers points balance, that functionality has now been released and is available in the "customers" tab in your admin dashboard. If you need any assistance or have any other feedback please feel free to reach out by emailing us at hello@loyalzoo.com

AK

Amy K.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Works as advertised for payments

it has made keeping our client payment information safe, secure and easy to use. When dealing with customer support, if they do not know an answer they can be a bit snarky and unhelpful. It would be better to say they don't have an answer.

Pros

holds card numbers easy to find client able to search the notes line (which we use for client number) fast works great with the clover machine and on the computer

Cons

if 50 cent auth happens on a different day then the first transaction it can be confusing for reconciling accounting . cannot give partial refunds with the card on file.. only way is to look up the clients last payment and refund the whole bill and then charge the correct amount again.... or get the number from the client and do a separate transaction.

Hi Amy, thanks so much for leaving a review. Unfortunately because of the limitations with Clover the 50c auth charge has been implemented in the only way we can for now. They have communicated that they will hopefully be providing better alternatives to this in the near future. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the answers you were looking for with our customer support team, I know that sometimes we get questions about Clover POS itself and unfortunately we do have to simply refer you back to the Clover team if it extends further than our expertise. Glad to hear you are enjoying the fast service. If you have any direct feedback you can always drop it directly to hello@loyalzoo.com as we are always looking at ways to improve.

Ad

Ariel d.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Loyal Zoo Review by Filistix

Pros

What I like the most is how it integrated so smoothly with our Clover POS. It is very easy to use and our customers like that they can check their points whenever, wherever.

Cons

I have asked about this before ~ I was wondering why it doesn't have a personal card feature - the kind that you load and can use for your next transactions so customers need not have their bank cards every time they purchase from our restaurant. I think a great loyalty program app should have that.

Hi Ariel, Thank you for your kind feedback. Storing payment cards and using them to pay for a customer's order is available in a different product we offer on the Clover app market (More Tools). It's called Memberships & Recurring Payments. I'll get my colleague Annabelle to ring and email you with more information. Thanks!

JJ

Jenny J.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Loyalzoo review

Pros

Opportinity to create loyal customer base

Cons

Extremely slow to load on my eposnow till to the point that we now write points in book and add at end of day as can't afford the embarrassment of waiting for the page to load

Hi Jenny, we have just released a significant speed improvement to the eposnow loading page. Can you please confirm if it's still slow by emailing us at hello@loyalzoo.com

Joyci B.

Loyalzoo is wonderful! Our customers love this loyalty program and so do we!

Pros

We really enjoy Loyalzoo! It's very easy to use and our customers love it as well! They really enjoy the different types of promotions we are able to show and love that they get free stuff!

Cons

The only problem we have is that it only allows up to three promotions/point stamps at a time. We would prefer to be able to make up to 5 at least!

Thanks for the feedback! We have an upgrade available that allows up to 10 rewards, and more marketing options. Let us know if you'd like more info :-)

MA

Michelle A.

Easy to use and works

Our customers like having a loyalty scheme and it does drive repeat sales

Pros

The loyalzoo app is easily integrated with our POS and website. Setting up rewards, marketing, etc is easily managed. Customer service is excellent with quick responses and follow up emails.

Cons

Our old system recognised customers by their payment card which they liked as it made it automatic - no checking in needed. This was a really good feature and is missed now we’re using loyalzoo. I would also like to be able to choose more than 10 rewards to make sure we have something for all level of spenders plus room for seasonal rewards.

CW

Clif W.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Valuable business tool

Pros

Integrates partially with Eposnow and comes with mobile app. Push / text messages are useful addition

Cons

Would like full integration that automatically adds and deducts points. Takes a lot of effort to manually add them

Thanks for your feedback Clif! We have implemented automatic attribution of points, but we're waiting for a fix on the Epos Now API to enable it, hopefully soon :-)

PG

Phylicia G.

After switching to Loyalzoo from a different rewards system, our customers are happier and so are we

I only had one complaint , and it was fixed in a recent software update. Communication from Loyalzoo is great when there is an issue.

Pros

Ease of access. It is easy to add a customer, check on their rewards, or edit their reward amount. The customers can keep track of their rewards via text or app and they like being able to check it themselves.

KL

Karen L.

Super easy to use and easy to start the app

Pros

Super easy to explain to the customers and ease of use. Some of the other apps out there have too much information, but Loyalzoo is straight to the point.

Cons

The app does seem to lag about 20 seconds to show up on our screen when a customer checks in and some customers don't like it that they have to download an app.

Hey Karen, Thank you so much for your great review. We totally understand that some customers don't like downloading an app. We have a feature where you can simply sign the customer up with email or phone number and then they receive their points balance in SMS or email. That way they don't have to download the app :) Please contact hello@loyalzoo.com if you need assistance in using this feature.

CC

Casey C.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

Great for Customer based organizations

Pros

Customer repeats, easy to operate, great way to offer loyal customer incentives

Cons

In the beginning it was slow to pull up customer information, the bug was fixed and it's much faster now.