Shopify POS Logo

Shopify POS

POS for unifying in-store & online sales

Shopify POS Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.62/10

Reviews by rating

What's great about Shopify is that it is constantly improving and the costs remain the same. I'm sure that any issues I have now will only get smaller or fully solved.
Shopify has been great as a shopper because it helps me have all of my information in one place.
Also the way that the hands held card reader is shaped is very nice. The software itself integrates smoothly with my Shopify store, and it runs perfectly.
Inability to set up a variable-priced item. To do this, the item must be rung in as a "Quick Sale", so there is no identification of sold products or inventory tracking.
If I had to complain it would be that there are some things you can't customize that you might be able to with one of the self hosted carts such as magento, woocommerce, or even magento 2.
The customer support is abysmal. Shopify screwed up the tax rates.

John P.

CEO

Publishing, 1-10 employees

ShopifyPos Integrates Online Within Person.

Transcript

John: My name is John, and I am an author and editor with a company. It's a small company of about four...

Dan M.

Director of Auxiliary Services

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Incredible versatility at a very reasonable cost

Transcript

Dan M.: Hi, my name is Dan. I serve as the director of auxiliary services. On a scale of one to five,...

Almir B.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Must have POS Software

Although there are some minor imperfections, I continue to utilize Shopify POS because it remains the most user-friendly point-of-sale solution for my business. Moreover, I find the pricing to be reasonable.

Pros

Setting up and utilizing Shopify POS proved to be a fast and effortless process. Since I had already established my online store using Shopify, all I had to do was install Shopify POS on my iPhone, and I was ready to begin selling. The seamless integration between my store and the POS system for managing products, customers, and orders made the entire management process highly efficient.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any significant criticisms about Shopify. If I were to mention a minor drawback, it would be that not all features are included by default, and additional apps are required for certain functionalities unless you opt for Shopify Pro.

AW

Adam W.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Great pos for Shopify users

It does what we needed it to do.

Pros

East to set up, integrates with full Shopify inventory, and low downtime. Hardware is good. Staff is able to use with little training.

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to say really.

AA

Andrea A.

Accounting, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Shopify Sales System

Overall it's a great system once you can get all your information to set up which can be a bit tidious, but the finished product is exactly what you need for your business

Pros

Its good that you can have the option of collecting your payments from your drop shipping plan using your mobile or any android

Cons

Check out can be a bit easier and quicker on the mobile app, it takes a lot to get the system up and running a lot of repetitive questions

Kaden B.

Revolutionized My Business

Awesome. They’ve changed our business to one that was making $500 a month to one that has quadrupled in size in just a year.

Pros

I have been so impressed with everything that Shopify offers. Their reporting, different integrations, website building, all of it is so impressive.

Cons

I haven’t found anything that I don’t like about Shopify. I’ve been very impressed with them from the beginning.

WT

Winnie T.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

Inventory sales

Pros

Shopify is one of the best sets where a merchant can set his or her goods for sale this is just because it is easy to deal with and has experts to help in case of any challenge.

Cons

It processes payments from different kinds of payment methods and also supports virtual payment methods.

MC

Maxwell C.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Shopify POS in Food Service

Shopify has transformed our reporting and product ability to change/update our products at a moments notice. We are constantly doing different events that require unique products, and Shopify is able to meet every need we have no matter the event/product/discount/payment type. It has also been incredibly easy to teach new users who have no background with the system.

Pros

Shopify makes decision making easy for our operation. The ability to, at a glance, see how products are performing what customers want from us, and whether our pricing is fair.

Cons

Would to see more customizable analytics, where you can select specific views for vertical specific metrics/reporting needs.

Amelia R.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Shopify work great for our online business

Pros

Automatically creates orders from online orders and sends to the shipping team Integrates well with ship station Easy to process wholesale orders Keeps all the online sales data in one place with reports that are easy to use and understand customizable and easily handles lots of SKUs Easy to train new employees on

Cons

Transaction fees in addition to subscription fees

Karagan O.

Retail, 1-10 employees

I recommend to everyone starting a business

I’m

Pros

It is beginner, friendly, but also an advanced software. You can do as little or as much as you want with it with hardly any limitations. There are so many apps, available and themes that you can create yourself. I absolutely love it.

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to say about Shopify really. If I hadn’t come up with some thing, it would be that not everything is built-in and you do need an app for a lot of extra things if you don’t wanna go with Shopify pro.

SM

Shari M.

Design, 1-10 employees

Why I like Shopify POS

Overall, my experience with Shopify POS has been undeniably positive. The platform has provided us with a user-friendly and efficient point of sale solution that has significantly improved our business operations.

Pros

It offers several benefits that make it a positive choice for businesses. It provides a user-friendly interface, allowing merchants to easily manage sales, track inventory, and process payments in a streamlined manner. With its seamless integration with other apps, it makes our business run more effectively.

Cons

One aspect that we have noticed that could be challenging for users looking to implement Shopify POS would be the potential cost. While it offers a range of features and benefits, the associated expenses, such as transaction fees and monthly subscription charges, can accumulate and could become costly. It's important for businesses to carefully consider their budget and needs to ensure that the pricing structure aligns with their expectations.

Henri H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Shopify POS Review

you have to take a close look at the price/performance ratio. The trial version is not bad for SMEs.

Pros

I can create my own gift cards for my online stores.

Cons

There's no free version and the advanced features are a bit expensive for my budget.

YT

Yi Ting Y.

Information Services, self-employed

Reviews

The layout (templates) can be modified to a large extent without any programming knowledge. Adding products and managing payment and shipping options as well as processing orders is an absolute breeze.

Pros

1.Support connecting to multiple sales platforms (Amazon/Facebook/Pinterest)2. Helps search engine optimization (SEO)3. More than a thousand extensions, powerful

Cons

1.Some extensions need to be paid2.Do not support email hosting service3.Do not support hosting on third party servers4.Commission will be charged for each transaction (about 2.5% of each transaction)

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Amazing POS solution for Shopify store owners

Overall experience is very satisfactory and does all the things that we have expected out of a POS system. I would definitely recommend it to someone who has an online Shopify store and a retail store to sync the data and leverage the power of Shopify in analytics, order management, and inventory management with multiple locations

Pros

The most important feature of this product is it syncs the retail store orders with your online store and keeps the order management easy. It also takes care of payment processing and sales reports. We can use multi-location in Shopify to differentiate the inventory between the online store and the retail store.

Cons

I have remembered that there were some issues/limitations on the Shopify side when it came to refunding some of the orders and we can't find the order by the customer name, in such scenarios, It could have been better when the customer don't have their credit card or email with them

AE

Amanda E.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Easy to Master

Shopify provides a simple, easy to master platform on which to layer our eCommerce shop.

Pros

e-commerce customers enter their orders, information is transmitted to our DC, the DC transmits back shipping information, the shipping information is emailed to the customer and we get paid.

Cons

It still programs in computer language. Changing content isn't as simple as it could be for non-programmers like most of the users/admins probably are.

JC

Jessica C.

love centralizing my POS and website together!

got us more sales!~

Pros

I was using square as my POS for a long time and it worked fine for years I had zero complaints but something better came along shopify POS ... the reason i decided to switch over (again i had 0 issue w square i loved it) is because my website runs on shopify so its alot nicer to be able to ring customers up and tie it to my website i can then add them to my email list , aesthetically it looks nicer esp on the customers end, i can literally sell items from my website on the go! love it! helps me track what i sell more of, which makes my job easier! the fees are decent.

Cons

I did sign up for this when it first came out so I had to "wait" a few weeks before it got to me, which was not a big deal but really was the only con . no complaints as of yet

Scotty H.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Shopify's POS Software makes our in-person events happen

My overall experience with the POS software has been extremely positive. I have only had issues when I've brought the POS Hardware into the equation with faulty and unreliable bluetooth pairing.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ability to use it in a few different ways. During an event, I can use the search feature to add the actual product to the shopping cart for better inventory keeping, or I can do a "quick sale" and just enter the total amount for custom orders. I really like the flexibility there.

Cons

The pairing of the software and the hardware (credit card reader, in this case) is spotty at best. There are a lot of times that we have to manually enter CC information because we can't get the bluetooth pairing to work correctly. Would love a physical "docking" ability as a failsafe.

LT

Lorie T.

4 year user

I have loved using Shopify pos

Pros

Ease of use, that it can be set up on an iPad, wireless scanner capabilities. Easily to do phone orders. Syncs with website

Cons

Returns can tend to be difficult at times due to the new update. Sometimes I only want to do store credit but it will give me an option to put it on their credit card only so we have to manually figure it out. The old version was much better in my opinion.

JR

Jessica R.

Great POS system for businesses

Overall this is very convenient to use and i love how it integrates directly with shopify!

Pros

It seamlessly integrates with Shopify making it very convenient to view my transactions whenever i make sales outside of shopify.

Cons

I had some instances when using card processor sometimes it doesn't want to accept payments and i would have to enter the order in manually

WP

Willoughby P.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Awesome service for POS

Using Shopify POS has made a huge impact overall in our business and customer relations. We can keep much better records and communication with both clients and customers. This makes the service well worth the price and a dire necessity to any business! Try it for one month and you’ll never use another POS system again.

Pros

Perfect system for POS! The seamless way of operating make this service a breeze to work with. As an admin you have free range to adjust your stock and service ms and much more! This ability to customize the POS system is my favorite part about Shopify.

Cons

You are limited in the free trial to what you can test. It is worth purchasing the service because without buying in, you cannot customize your system.

JO

Jessi O.

Satisfied

Pros

It makes it very easy for us to keep our inventory up to date while we are at events, and makes checking customers out very smooth.

Cons

We seem to have issues with our Shopify card reader when we’re at events. It will quit working and then we have to manually enter card numbers, which takes longer and charges a higher fee.

SK

Sunil K.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

One of the Best E-commerce Site

Pros

Easy to use,free templates to choose from, works great with Amazon. Easy to customize with little web development knowledge.

Cons

Free designs are limited. Could get real pricy if attractive templates. Sometimes the inventory management may not sync well.

TM

Tebogo M.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Shopify review

The set up of the payment method is simple as you have multiple options of paymnet

Pros

It helps you set up your dropshipping catalogue and pricing

Cons

Nothing so far as I have made few sales and the ads looks great

MS

Michael S.

Works Great

Pros

Powerful program. It basically runs our brick and mortar store. All products, financial reports, product sales are all in one place. Accessing by cell phone. lab top or home PC make it invaluable.

Justin R.

Easy to use. Powerful.

It's great for my website and makes fulfilling orders easy.

Pros

Just the basic version of Shopify is powerful enough to run a successful e-commerce website. The addition add-ons make you an unstoppable entrepreneur as you can build a custom store to fit your needs.

Cons

I wish you could build a website beyond your web-store within Shopify. You can build pages and do workarounds to make it feel more complete but it lacks some functions you would get from say... Blue Host or Squarespace, or Wix.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Best Way to Become an Online Seller

We have been selling our products online and making a good revenue thanks to Shopify for a smooth way of creating your online store.

Pros

Now selling your product on the E-commerce site has just got better with Shopify, I can upload my products and make it available to buyers with the help of this software.

Cons

I think this software is great you just need to make sure you keep upgrading it on time as and when they have a new update.

Brittany V.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Big fan of everything Shopify does

Great for small businesses.

Pros

They really are a powerhouse. I have always been a fan of Shopify compared to their competitors. All of their software is smooth and user-friendly. So of course their POS is too. Very easy to setup, great for beginners, small shops, bloggers. Can be completely automated and is easy to setup. I like that they make it easy to integrate with so many different programs and locations. I used Square before Shopify POS and I would say they're comparable in the way they function and look, however, Shopify's offers a lot more integrations and setups. I have always felt secure using this system as well.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints for this software. It does exactly what I need it to do.