Cin7 Core Logo

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.21/10

Reviews by rating

The ability to customize reports in word is amazing. The team at Dear are still updating and improving the system.
DEAR is a fantastic system which will manage the inventory and sales/purchase process for various channels.
Frustrating, unsatisfying and I have real worries about the ability for the software to keep up with my business as it grows.
Often times I do run in to a problem, either I entered something wrong and can't fix it, or I need a bulk operation done and need support.

Bob W.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

DEAR Inventory Helping us Grow

Pros

We've been using the DEAR system for quite a while now and I must say I couldn't be any happier. It was a seamless transition from our old system, and I especially appreciate how well DEAR integrates with our accounting software. This makes everyone's work a whole lot easier. I have contacted support on several occasions with questions that I had, and I always received a quick, thorough, and very helpful response. We manufacture our products as well wholesale and retail them with an online store, and everything works so well together with DEAR that it really helps us focus on building our business rather than focusing our attention on trying to keep up with inventory and ordering. I would highly recommend DEAR systems to anyone looking for a new inventory management system. -Bob Weiss

Cons

One thing that would be useful would be to be able to call for customer service. We have used customer service email on several occasions, and have always had a pretty quick response, however, if we have a pressing issue, it would be nice to have a number to call and someone to talk with.

Dear Bob, Thank you for your review. Happy to hear everything is going well. Regarding the calls we have a booking service on our website where you can schedule in a time convenient for you to speak to a representative. They are free and are accessible to all our customers. Follow this link to book a call https://dearsystems.youcanbook.me/index.jsp Best Regards DEAR Team

BB

Ben B.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

What a relief

DEAR Systems is everything I wanted Unleashed and MRP Easy to be. Its flexible to use, has ongoing gold standard support at no extra cost, has a great looking interface and has very customisable membership extras. I clearly cant talk more highly about DEAR and its because I had such a lousy time with the others.

Pros

Best support I have ever had with any business software. The live chat is full of highly experienced operators who respond very quickly to get you back on track. Very fast and easy to understand onboarding. Much less help needed than others. The video tutorials are excellent. The interface is modern looking. The process from CO to MO is visual and easy to follow. The Automation option is worth every dollar.

Cons

Not enough Business intelligence information. Not enough visual information in reporting like graphs and tables. There is a taste of it in the dashboard but thats the extent of it. B2B Portal needs the option to pick what products certain groups of stores get to see vs others.

AL

Adam L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Can't Keep Up and Help is Slow and Unspcialised

Frustrating, unsatisfying and I have real worries about the ability for the software to keep up with my business as it grows We have encountered issues with apps/software due to our large influx of traffic and orders in a short period of time (we receive 50% of our monthly sales in a few hours) but they have provided solutions (for instance SLoyalty provides us with increased bandwidth during the busy 3-4 hours of the month and we have avoided all issues) - can this be done with DEAR? We can provide you with data on the exact time, traffic numbers, units sold for the time. We need a solution to this!! We are happy to pay more money for this, I just cant run my company with a concern that our inventory system cant keep up with our demand!

Pros

Quite easy to implement Syncs nicely with our current cloud based software Interesting/complex reporting

Cons

The over promising, and under delivering of the software. simply, it doesn't do what it claims! The inventory is not live with Shopify (during launches there is always a lag, causing major headaches for our team and requires a lot of manual adjustments) - we were promised that based on our volume this would not happen, but it does. And it happens every month, for the past 18+ months Inability to...

Hello Adam, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have taken your feedback and improved our Shopify integration. We can now handle large volume of orders (including Shopify Plus accounts) & we have rolled out a new functionality called "Shopify Order Import Retry". Occasionally, during order syncing from Spotify, some sales are not created on the DEAR end. Previously there was no way for a DEAR...

LM

Luke M.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Great Product, Great Price

DEAR does exactly what it says it does, its a no frills solution for a company with basic inventory needs. We moved to DEAR from MS Dynamics NAV due to the fact that Dynamics options were limitless and for a still small but growing business it was too feature heavy and navigating around to get to the parts we needed was tiresome. What I'd really like to see is a stronger roadmap now from Dear to ramp...

Pros

Easy to use, value for money, cloud based, integrates with finance package, support is great.

Cons

Reporting functionality needs work, no ios app, light on more advanced features

LG

Luke G.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

A shot in the arm every business needs

A worthwhile and rewarding learning curve.

Pros

Cloud .... Cloud .... Cloud - This cannot be understated in the world we currently live. The support is amazing - its on what's app for goodness sake, can't get much better than that. The UI is very clean and intuitive. The integrations save loads of time and money. Plus all the bog standard features you expect from an ERP system but will actually use because dear is easy to use - the amount of times I hear ' we can do that in SAP but there were too many technical issues so it was never implemented' you don't get that with Dear and if you need help its there for you.

Cons

It is unable to negotiate a UK-AU free trade deal - Dear please work on that ;) There is not much I can put in this box that dear isn't aware of and attempting to address in earnest. The dear academy will address the difficulty of onboarding new employees that aren't used to ERP systems.

Hello Luke, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We continually thrive to do our very best to serve our customers. If you would like to master DEAR we do have a DEAR Academy (https://academy.dearsystems.com/) which will help you become an Inventory Pro. Please feel free to contact us via email (support@dearsystems.com) or on WhatsApp (+44-1244-940807) if you have any questions or concerns. Best Regards, DEAR Team.

Rob A.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Poor Customer Support, Poor functionality, Still being ignored

Worst experience I've had in the 15 years of using online software.

Pros

They sold me on the inventory management system. it sounded great in the presentation. And went down hill from there

Cons

It's been 5 months and I am still in the onboarding process. I have asked for a refudn several time only to be ignored. I even wrote to [sensitive content hidden] who never responded.

iH

ivan H.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Great cloud-based ERP software

It is my first exposure to cloud-based ERP software, DEAR. I am pretty pleased with its performance. Pretty simply to use and easily to understand each module. The tutorial video presentation is really useful which u can easily accessing it by clicking from the main menu. No hassle to go around to find it. Overall, my management and myself are pleased to spend almost 6 months to switch over from our existing ERP system

Pros

User friendly Good video demonstration on tutorial, easy to understand and follow excellent aftersales support - swift in response

Cons

No direct module to handle goods replacement and warranty process /RMA portions Not too user friendly or suitable to be used on project based jobs/ activities

JE

Justin E.

Retail, 11-50 employees

System Implementation

We just had our Go-Live a couple days ago and we haven't had any significant issues with the overall system.[sensitive content hidden] our Implementation Manager was great to work with, she was very helpful and fast to respond to any questions or issues that we had during the setup.

Pros

I like the ability to import purchase orders via CSV.

Cons

We would like more user permission controls in the POS app. We wish the Cash Management screen's cash balance wasn't visible to all users of the till.

OB

Owen B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Simple but very, very effective Inventory management and general business operations software

The business administration is now a multiple of it's previous efficiency. We can track sales, purchases and performance far, far more efficiently than before. The proof is in the pudding - walk around our sales office and at least one screen on every desk will have DEAR open.

Pros

The software is made up of simple to understand modules that have a clear purpose and have extremely good help videos and articles available. There is a "simple" and "advanced" version of most functions which makes carrying out most tasks extremely efficient while still having the power of the full functionality available in the background if needed. Any simple document can be changed to an advanced document with the click of a button.

Cons

The "Jobs" or project module is somewhat more difficult to use than other parts of the suite. Projects are a common part of many businesses and a simpler, more intuitive, module that allowed easy quotes and easy conversion to a Job would be a great enhancement.

SA

Sally A.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

New Dear Users

We have made a massive improvement and overhaul of our wholesale company by switching over to DEAR. We are able to automate a lot of our processes and it helps us to provide a much better service for our customers. The software is a lot to get your head around at the beginning as it has a massive range of functions, however the interface is clear and quite simple to navigate and the onboarding was fantastic and really allowed us to slowly make the transition to DEAR with confidence. I would highly recommend the onboarding service as our trainer could not have been more helpful.

Pros

The great integration with woo commerce and the easy invoicing and ordering processes plus advanced inventory management capacity.

Cons

The zero/ non zero stock can be a little confusing and awkward.

CS

Cameron S.

Looking good so far

While still working inside a trial version, in preparation for cutting over from our current system and going live with Dear, I have been pestering the Support team on a daily basis for a few weeks now as I work through the finer points of the system. The Dear support structure is good - well structured with quick response times to questions, Was particularly pleased that one support person (thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) went the the degree to create and send me a custom video demo of the system aspect I was trying to understand that was hard to explain in text. I also found the published Video Tutorials and support pages helpful.

Pros

While thinking, as a Distributor, we have 'out-of-the-box' requirements for managing our inventory and processes around it, the exercise of evaluating our idiosyncrasies in order to go shopping for a new IM system has taught me that there's possibly not the absolute perfect system for any business, but the Dear system is beating the rest as it ticks most of the boxes on my wish-list for an inventory...

Cons

Possible just a COVID thing ...or just a modern day thing, but I remember the days when; if you were looking at making a big commitment to something as important at the system that would manage all your inventory and link to your financials, someone would sit down with you and work through your specifics, helping you evaluate their offering as the right purchase decision for you to make. These days,...

Hello Cameron, I am glad that DEAR has met your expectations in terms of being an out of the box solution. We recognize the important role that DEAR plays in our customers daily business & we do put a lot of thought into to how to make DEAR user friendly and automate most of your business processors. To help our customer setup DEAR faster, we do offer an onboarding & training (https://dearsystems.com/onboarding-and-training/); where we help all our customers to make the transition smoother. If your interested you can book a call with us and one of your Customer Success agents will get in touch with you - https://calendly.com/dear-systems/20-minute-call Best Regards, DEAR Team

Dmitriy P.

Accounting, self-employed

Advanced tool for advanced users

Best tool (despite cons) for small business inventory management

Pros

- Lot of features, options, various settings... all together bring opportunity to reflect almost any process you may think of. But if your vision turns to be different from one of system designers, then workarounds are demanded in many cases that seemed to be "common" and you expected them to work "out-of-box". You really need good understanding of the way system works and it is point where good onboarding consulter may help.- Responsive and quick interface (though quick reporting tools and documents lists could be more convenient).- Lot of detailed reports with settings that almost no other ERP can suggest. Cool tool for advanced users familiar with pivot tables.- Responsive and attentive support resolves most of problems

Cons

- Strange limitations in accounting settings and flow (especially when you use QBO and want to use both Dear's and QBO's analytics capabilities at the same time)- Integrations with Amazon and Shopify are cool for capturing "orders" when you are not using automated 3PLs flow. But integrations are not good for capturing invoices and shipments when you are using 3PLs like FBA. Accounting processes for e-commerce are designed in quite a specific way and you really need to understand how it works to get reliable accounting data. Thought this is wide spread problem in world of ERP systems for small businesses.

PG

Paul G.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Was a great system with lots of pro's but now massively flawed!

Performance issues are far far too common, and they seem to be unable to support them.

Pros

Contains the vast majority of required features to operate a successful e-commerce store. Nice layout, not too bulky, and sticks to what its good at. API is well written which allows you to expand usability with third party apps.

Cons

Performance! Over the past 6 months this has gone from bad to worse. The odd hang, became frequent hangs, then time outs on the server. The latest sizeable price increase to allow them to fix this was unwelcome as I already pay for a package that is supposed to perform as promised. This left a little bit of a sour taste. Now though, once again, their system is down, completely! My team cannot access...

Hello Paul, Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that the new UI/UX that was rolled has met your expecations. We are constantly scalling DEAR to meet the preformance needs of our customers. Some of our customers in the Microsoft East US data centre experienced a System Outage. This was caused by unexpected behaviour in the Microsoft Datacenter. You can find out more details about the...

Dave S.

After trialing three chosen cloud-based stock-management solutions for my clients DEAR won my vote.

Pros

The software can be used "out-of-the-box" after a minimal amount of setup, and can also be used in more complex installations where bespoke software development might be needed. The simplicity of the initial setup, the simplicity of the menu navigation, and the speed with which new users are able to grasp what they need to do to accomplish their tasks caused me to take a closer look at this software...

Cons

This is a comment and not a complaint; although the reporting functionality in the 'out-of-the-box' version is adequate there is room for improvement. The limitations can be overcome by exporting the files and adapting them as needed. Those with a more specific software development skill- set (or more time to learn) would be able to achieve a great deal more from the software than is possible using the 'out-of-the-box' version.

MF

Malcolm F.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Dear System Review

We found that Dear Systems had all the inventory requirements already built in with extra functionality of the production module allowed us to structure each one of these operations in a logical sequence. We have brought a number of our clients on to Dear systems and every one of them have appreciated the ease of use and the increased options it offers.

Pros

In discovering Dear Systems we found that the program allowed us greater functionality than most ERP systems. Although it is quite intuitive to use it packs a punch when you get deeper within the program with some functionality that much more expensive programs don’t have. Xero handles the accounting in the background whilst the sync between them works seamlessly so that you don’t notice that you are actually using 2 different programs.

Cons

The program just concentrates on inventory so other modules such as CRM are not fully developed and you would need to get an additional addin. Everything else works really well

Zeb E.

Maritime, 1-10 employees

Third year anniversary using dear Inventory

We run all our stock inventory through Dear, send all our quotes, sales orders, invoices etc through Dear. It is a very good program for this and if we do hit a problem the tech support is excellent.

Pros

Its synchronization with Xero is excellent. In three years we have never had a sync issue. Also within Dear the inventory, sales and purchasing all work very well and the ability to drill through different layers to search products or orders is very good. We use the Product Availability function all the time to confirm status of sales orders v purchase orders and stock availability. We have also recently started to use the Attributes more for both sales orders and products and this has been a further tool within Dear to help us manage our day to day sales process.

Cons

What still infuriates me is the way that sales quotes show the sales margin against Average cost. This is hopeless folr any new product as there is no history and it is also hopeless if you receive a part into stock before you post the purchase invoice. Why we can't have the option in the step up to show the margin against either the supplier fixed cost or last purchase cost is beyond me!!!!!! Argh!!!! We currently have to run all our project quotes through an Excel spreadsheet to make sure the margins are correct. This is really infuriating and as a result we are looking for alternative options for our stock management.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

I Am Extremely Satisfied & Highly Recommend Dear Inventory!

Pros

After almost two years with DEAR, we couldn't be more pleased! We needed a centralised inventory system with CRM capabilities that could seamlessly integrate and sync to SHOPIFY, XERO, as well as our offline sales channels. Being in the food industry, we also needed a system that could track the shelf-life of our products, and make sure first expired items were sold first. This is an important feature...

Cons

Occasionally DEAR can be a little slow to load, and customer service is not always as quick as one would like it to be.

Hi Tamara, Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear that mostly everything is going well for you. If you ever do experience slow performance again please be sure to notify support immediately so our tech team can look into it. Our systems is not known for slow performance as we use top range data centers provide by Microsoft Azure. Best Regards DEAR Team

David R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Plays nicely with Xero, handles our 5 international shopify websites and direct provisioning, Good dispatch workflow

Pros

We are loving this software, been using 8 months now and it is powerful. We run 5 e-commerce sites, 4 warehouses and sell in 3 currencies and it's handling all well. Support, as mentioned, isn't quite as easy as getting a call but we use their tutorials, common sense, their live chat. We also paid for assistance with setup as we didn't want to make any mistakes and desired a bit of support from Work Smart NZ, these guys are great too and worth the extra investment if you value your time” We are currently trying to get the good word out on various sites and we are hoping that you would to take the time out of their day to share it on Getapp:

Cons

The .docx invoice templates are hard work to manipulate, some more standardized system (like unleashed offers) would make life much easier. No great integration with a CRM currently. Also they need a Zapier integration so it can connect to other web apps. We are using email parser functionality to achieve most of this but it's complicated.

Hi David, Thanks so much for your review! If you require assistance with your template customization feel free to take up our complimentary template customization service. Simply email support with all required changes and we will get it done. In regards to CRM we currently have an integration with SALPO & Capsule CRM. If you would like mroe info about it please book in a call here https://classic.youcanbook.me/v2/jsps/cal.jsp?cal=ZgsGQaWduL34BrkiNkBY Best Regards DEAR Team

Stelios I.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Great multi purpose operational solution for a growing business

So far so good, overall solidly gets the job done. A few improvements and attention to detail can make it even better.

Pros

The software logic is well thought out and relates to real life usage scenarios in our case. The organisation of the operations in the system are easy to understand and access. Support of the software has been fantastic so far, starting from deployment and thereafter. Whatever we needed, response has been near instant and competent.

Cons

The software is browser based and at times it can feel a little slow. Page load speed must be improved as it can be a little frustrating when you need to conduct many transactions in the day. The navigation could also be improved to reduce a few clicks to get to things easier and faster. For example, it is not possible to see next or previous document (SO, INV, PO). You need to come out to the main...

AS

Ashton S.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Really great software with small areas to grow

Ease of use across all of our employees. Decreased costs and improved inventory accuracy.

Pros

Well thought out sales workflow. Really flexible and powerful in ways others weren't to enter sales orders. Takes a little getting used to, but there is a lot in there. Love the ability to price tier for B2B sales. Integrates really well with Shopify and eBay. Need to check out the B2B portal that is available, but haven't gotten to that part yet. Even though the support is all email based, we have...

Cons

There are a few things that still need improvement we've run into. Credit Notes/Memos are terribly hard to figure out and make work correctly if you wish to give the customer a credit to use at a future date not tied to a transaction in DEAR. DEAR does tiered pricing for sales, but there is no way to have volume purchasing discount tiers beyond manually changing every time a PO is created. If a small...

AP

Ali P.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Inventory Manager

I have been very thankful and appreciative of the support and help from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He has provided great customer service.

Pros

It has helped us tremendously to manager our inventory and to ensure the right people get the product that they purchasing. It is great that the integrations are compatible with our POS and online store.

Cons

It does not let us print individual barcodes per product.

Hello Ali, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We try our very best to provide an excellent service to our customers. As of now our customers can print one or more labels for product(s) via the Print Product Label menu in the All Product section (All Products -> Print -> Product Label). The product label includes SKU, product name and Barcode. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. Best Regards, DEAR Team

Comprehensive and Flexible with Excellent Customer Service

Pros

Cloud based and the integrations with Xero and Woo Commerce are really great and the main reasons we changed from using Lightspeed. Does almost everything we liked in Lightspeed and more. The ability to pick, pack and ship gives us great visibility on the progress of orders. Easy to use once you get the hang of it. The support is excellent - very quick and always helpful.

Cons

I would like to see price tiers on the product overview page. We can only see it on the individual product page or once it has been added to an invoice. Customer Backorders don’t automatically link to Purchase orders so there is no prompt to notify customers as soon as their order comes in. We use Dear in the front end of our retail store so a built in end of day report and reconciliation would be very useful.

Hi Amy, Thank you for the review. Just to address some of the cons: 1) A link is established for customer backorders you can use the "Find Sale Backordered By Purchase Order" report to locate the status of backordered items. There are also a number of other Backorder reports which you can utilise if the the mentioned above is not suitable. 2) We would recommend to use DEAR POS in the fron end of your business if you are not doing so currently. DEAR POS has register closure report which can give you an end of day summary upon closure of register. A number of sale order reports are also available in DEAR Inventory if you do not prefer using our POS solution. Best Regards DEAR Team

EL

Eric L.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Lelior Review

good support and assistance when I need it. All questions I have are answered professionally.

Pros

I liked that it would easily integrate with the other systems I am using for my business. Shopify, shiprush, ect.

Cons

maybe a better way to pull payments and pricing through shopify.

MD

Minal D.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Flexible and Comprehensive Cloud Inventory Solution

Pros

DEAR's extensive functionality proves to be an exceptional inventory solution for businesses with complex and established workflows. We at Business Continuum have had extensive experience working with DEAR, and the comprehensive yet easy to use solution has been a selling point for many businesses. After implementation, end users are left with role based permissions, a clean single page view for each function of the system, and an active support team that actually answers your questions and takes on potential changes. A clear road map with regular developments is constantly being updated to improve the system. We have seen businesses of all sizes and natures effectively use DEAR to streamline their processes and gain important insight into their inventory management.

Cons

DEAR's complexity requires dedicated time to learn the system - however, the reward is immense. Certain functions and settings require intimate knowledge of the system.

PF

Paul F.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

DEAR review

Generally very good and we are happy with it

Pros

As cloud based platform is it very flexible

Cons

Getting hold of support quickly - I had to wait a week to schedule a call which far to long. Typing technical details into the support portal is very long winded and the replies do not always address the issue.