All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Aware IM

Application development for developers and corporations

Aware IM Reviews

Reviews Summary

Pros

Speed of development, a lot of ability for customization, great community and awesome results. This software does it all.

Steve B.

Roy L. G.

Read the full review
The support is Pricey but very good and one of the best parts for me is the the AwareIM community of developers.

Hein H.

Himanshu J.

Read the full review
No nonsense application development for the web.

Mark B.

Read the full review
Earlier versions did not support having multiple developers working on the same project. That weakness has been corrected in more recent versions.

Roy L. G.

4.7

We can develop web, mobile, Saas applications in a fraction of time of conventional tools.

Usually, development takes a long time. With AwareIM we are knocking out products so quickly our marketing team can't keep up. Also if someone comes to us with an idea, they are shocked to see a working prototype in a couple of days.

Pros

AwareIM is fully integrated with database, logic, security, web, mobile, and desktop. Coming for a 4GL C/S tool, it took 5 years of looking at other products to find a similar tool for web development until I found AwareIM. Every other product when it came to logic, it required coding in javascript, etc. AwareIM uses English like statements, has built in security, handles or the database automatically...

Cons

Everything that we requested, mainly mobile, and adding PhoneGap has been added. The only thing we would prefer is if AwareIM had an online activation server. If we want to move our C/S application using PSQL we can click deactivate and it will then allow us to activate on another system. With AIM it requires a written request and although it has never been an issue, there may be times in the evening, weekends we may want to move to a different server. In defense of that, AwareIM will work for 30 days. We just prefer the ability to activate and deactivate on our own.

AwareIM - Best application development software platform

Extremely satisfied with adopting AwareIM as my organisation's main application development platform. The end users have been very impressed with the applications produced using AwareIM.

Pros

AwareIM is a very well structured application development platform and takes care of creating the entire user interface of an application using clever visual perspective controls. The software allows a developer to build an entire application database structure behind the scenes without needing specialist database administration skills and SQL knowledge. Using AwareIM's version control and testing tools makes prototyping ideas for a proof of concept a very simple task before progressing to full application development. The sample applications, documentation and video tutorials that are available, provide excellent reference for building any application. This is all well complemented by excellent support from the AwareIM team and an active developer community.

Cons

It is an extremely addictive software application, so tend to spend hours using AwareIM without getting bored :)

Ease to use, and good value tool.

Pros

The tool has quite a lot of features, it also one of the cheapest on the market. UI produced is elegant and customizable.

Cons

The new IDE needs work, some of the features are hidden in the menus. It also needs work on security aspects.

AwareIM has allowed me to produce powerful systems in a fraction of the time.

AwareIM allows me to build systems beyond what I could have ever imagined .. especially when compared to the small amount of time I have to invest to achieve those results.

Pros

1- Excellent support - A developer that actually listens & responds DIRECTLY to customers and their needs s very rare today. The AwareIM support team does just that. Over my 10 year ownership of this powerful tool, I've experienced a dramatic evolution of the product because they listened to the needs of their user base & added new features accordingly year after year. 2- Leverage - AwareIM...

Cons

This sounds trite, but my biggest con is that I can't allocate more of my time to using AwareIM to build more systems.

AwareIM is an advanced next gen RAD tool. You think about an app in morning & its up by evening.

We can develop enterprise apps rapidly with workflows, UI and database with no dependency on technical experts.

Pros

AwareIM is a very powerful rapid application development tool. Technically, its based on Java platform which gives it more reliability, security and robustness. You can use most of the databases with it i.e. MySQL/MSSQL/Oracle and Derby. So far, we have developed 19 Enterprise Apps on AwareIM with an average user count of 1600 which are live in Production. Application development time gets reduced...

Cons

It has a closed community as of now with very less experts and developers which makes it sometime difficult to overcome with a technical issue. Only one developer can work on one app (bsv) at one time so increasing manpower to meet timelines in case of critical deliveries does not work well here. Rest all is good. Very happy and satisfied to use the product.

Ingenious and Innovative RAD concept.

I doubt there is a RAD tool available today which is as 'rapid' in developing apps as is AwareIM AND which can develop as sophisticated apps as can AwareIM. A good way to convey the concept of application development in the context of AwareIM is the following analogy: 1. the UI components/controls in an application are like musical instruments 2. the code which is already built/inherent in...

Pros

You work with objects, not tables. When U create an object and define its attributes, Aware creates a database table accordingly with each attribute of the object being a field in the table. You then create different forms/layouts for each object, including or excluding attributes as required subject to the scenario in which the form will be used. Add, modify or delete an attribute of an object...

Cons

Could do with a drag and drop WYSIWYG form designer which would speed up development further. The runtime UI behavior of a couple of components/controls is slightly 'irregular', though not an impediment.

Rapid Application Development (RAD) for the Web

It gives me a consistent platform that does many things for me under the hood so I can focus on design.

Pros

I single-handedly built an end-to-end change management app with many tables, which wouldn't have been otherwise possible given my time, skill-set and budget. You can check it out at plantain.io. The updated IDE since version 8.0 is much more intuitive. And the new features with 8.1 are great. Aware really listens and responds to its customer base. The forum is quite active with and you can get most...

Cons

8.0 was buggy as hell. I was just learning 7.1 when I jumped to 8.0 and half the time I couldn't tell if the issues I encountered were due to my ignorance of the platform or a bug. Word of advice - don't become an early-adopter unless you are more seasoned. At least Aware squashed most of the bugs quickly and advised on workarounds for known issues. Also, the learning curve with AwareIM is rather steep (less so with the new IDE). The user guide is dry as melba toast and I sometimes found it lacking. I wish AwareIM took greater advantage of the Kendo UI library, but that's on the todo list.

AwareIM is simply OUTSTANDING = best software configuration - low code framework around

In the manufacturing business space - many manufacturers have specific requirements that are simply too narrow to be included in ERP packaged software. ith AwareIM we are able to address manufacturers additional requirements that cannot be met with an ERP package using REST services that minimize or eliminate the need for customers to modify their ERP code. We can even extend ERP systems that have no REST interface with our own REST published services.

Pros

Web App development of line-of-business is easy with this fully featured application configurator - low code tool. Our line-of-business apps require robust UI and non-procedural rules engine performance and AwareIM has all of it. I have 35 plus years of 4GL framework experience with multiple framework products and I have never seen a more complete product. We develop apps that extend ERP systems with REST services (very complete) in AwareIM.

Cons

The automatic documentation part of the tool should be template-ized as we must provide documentation of complex apps. The fast application development using this agile development tool would greatly benefit from additional capability in this area.

I was an early adopter with this software more than 10 years ago and continue to use it everyday.

I have been able to assist dozens of companies all around the world in the last 15 years using AwareIM to develop sophisticated, yet cost effective solutions to overcome day-to-day challenges of managing core business processes.

Pros

Flexibility, speed of development, continuous product development, slick end user interface features. As a developer of large scale, advanced web applications for commercial use, I really like that I am able to extend and enhance the out-of-the box functionality via sql stored procedures and native javascript. AwareIM is an awesome product and is one of the best business decisions that I have made in my career.

Cons

Because of the power of the business rule implementation, the software can become slow in execution if you are not very careful in how you write processes and rules as the execution engine can get bogged down in running and re-running rules excessively as data changes.

Limitless

I am developing applications on AIM from more than a decade. A long time before when I was working on an ERP project build on Java/Oracle/JS. It was a difficult time and we are struggling with the application development process where you had limited resources. In between, I discovered AwareIM and download the trial version to evaluate. I was so fascinated with the product that builds 60% of the same ERP in very less time. Power to extend the capabilities using plugins gives us complete leverage to build application successfully. It has power to disrupt the industry.

Pros

AwareIM gives the opportunity to individual irrespective of a professional developer or regular administrator to create the application without boundaries.

Cons

The Configuration tool is little flaky sometimes and builds updates could be easier.

I am a developer in a software and systems consulting company. To my clients I recommend AwareIM.

satisfied customers with my developments and advice

Pros

fast learning curve, rapid development of applications with the ease of being able to create hybrid applications, is excellent for any type of company very useful in the modemdo of planning a robust and versatile development at the time of development. Database management with object-oriented methodology, multiple developments in web environment, allowing the use of data base engines more commonly used in the software market. the faclity to create documented projects.

Cons

The policy of selling by users is very expensive for medium-sized companies, the location is to say the management of several languages should be more automatic, or allow a better editor for the translation. for developers we have a hard time convincing our clients (I speak of Latin America) the reason why they should buy the AwareIM server plus the application that is developed and additionally a value for the number of users that the application will have. It must be understood that not all users are developers.

Pros

AwareIM is a future-ready software development architecture aimed at `no code or low code concept. This is a fantastic software development tool which helps one reduce time to market (TTM). With its simplified coding language, one can easily get on with development activities. AwareIM's capability can further be increased by integrating it with custom java coding. Such coding is needed to achieve certain business requirements which is not readily available with AwareIM's configuration tool. AwareIM is directly linked with Agile methodology of software development. There can be numerous iterations and releases with AwareIM. It makes coding simpler. It is beyond magic.

Cons

1. UI is not attractive enough based on today's UI options we see in the market. 2. The developer community is not as big as other RAD tools in the market, although their service is good.

Awesome Business Applications

Hi, I have started with this tool in 2012 when I saw a review about this tool "The best invention since sliced bread" and since than I enjoy it everyday (the bread also :) ) . I come from the bigger family of PHP, but I can tell you with AwareIM I can focus on customer's business flow and don't have to waste time on writing hundreds of lines of code, etc. Since version 7 has released in March 2016, I feel that only sky is the limit, I can use my knowledge of html, css to build awesome dashboards, in short the apps are looking great. Also I have never met such a quick support responsiveness, they are active in releasing minor and major releases and really listen to developers community.

Pros

Very easy to learn. Speed of development

Amazing Speed and Productivity

Pros

Aware is fantastic at managing the database so I don't have to. Maintains consistency of attributes and business objects meaning that all those "test_rename" attributes that you made can be renamed in an instant and every reference is updated! Auto generates forms for every business object, makes it fast to get a prototype out and that prototype can be an iterative development artefact - no wastage. Now with REST API calls. Active and helpful community that can usually answer any of your questions.

Cons

Integration with Tomcat is a little opaque and I'd like the CSS implementation to be more visible in the development platform.

Dependable, positive, long-term user, and great for non-coders

Time saver, ease of use, rapid development.

Pros

The time you save programming in Aware IM is the greatest feature. The flexibility to customize your database, save money, and run on multiple platforms (Mac, Windows, Linux) sets it apart. With very little programming knowledge, I have been able to create multiple applications that are complex. My clients can serve their users both in the office and on the road. I am able to manage their data in the cloud. The developer forum is very helpful. The company is responsive to the needs of the developers and provides regular updates. I've been a developer for 10 years and have had a very positive experience.

Cons

Because it does use a fair number of third-party integrations (which can also be a pro), troubleshooting when there is an issue can be a challenge. To customize the user interface beyond what you are given out of the box does require programming knowledge such as CSS and Javascript.

Easy to learn, easy to use, top quality apps.

This tool makes it easy to RAPIDLY develop applications without compromising quality. It is great for web applications and the support is really good. Another HUGE benefit is the way it is priced. Paying a once off fee and getting a year of updates is very convenient. If you don't want to update AwareIM then you don't need to pay any yearly fees. With the once off fee you get a year of updates.

Pros

Cons

Mobile support is some what limited. There is a process to get to 'having' a mobile app that is handled by other platforms that must be manually followed using Aware IM.

With Aware IM, I do the work of a whole team

When I have demonstrated the applications I developed with AwareIM, on at least 3 occasions, I have been asked how large a team I managed to build the solution. When I explained that I built them myself and how quickly with AwareIM, they were dumbfounded. I can delegate or complete any part of a system myself.

Pros

Defining and maintaining a domain model is a snap. Generating the UI, even with multiple levels of nested collections is simple but very powerful. Deployment of updates can be previewed in test mode and confidently applied to production. Extensions in Java are powerful and straightforward. The system easily supports over one hundred objects/entities with excellent performance.

Cons

I have been a software developer for over 40 years (Yes, over 40!). This tool is most productive!

speed to deliver custom data-centric applications

Pros

For Rapid Application Development, there is no better product. It has so many unique features, too many to mention, but some are: Runtime engine, code free development, database centric design

Cons

there is a learning curve. It is NON-procedural, rules based system, so you have to embrace the mindset that the engine knows when to trigger the rules.

Extremely efficient development tool.

We are a custom lead management and CRM developer and Aware IM has helped us broaden our reach by being cost effective, mobile ready and easy to add plugins for API integration with other applications.

Pros

Nice look, easy navigation and easy integration with other applications.

Cons

The import tool is clunky and needs to be improved so end user (non - developers) can import data themselves.

Excellent product. You just can't believe how complete it is.

Very fast development.

Pros

I like that everything you need is included: database maintenance, forms, queries are provided as Standard, Calendar/Scheduler and Custom. Email templates, Report writer and the best thing - the Rules engine.

Cons

Only complaint is to get new bootstrap versions incorporated quicker and more features of the kendo ui.

Amazing Flexibility

I Can honestly vouch for this product! If you have some basic understanding of Business Rules (I.e. even excel IF / ELSE statements) and you know what you are looking to achieve, and you are willing to put in some hours (Very FUN Hours) to learn a new tool... Then Purchasing AwareIM Will be the best decision you have ever made. I Am not trained programmer... I Am completely Self tough and have managed...

Cons

Aware IM is extremely easy to use without compromising the ability to develop great applications.

Fast development, reliability, scalability and fast return on investment. You can develop any type of application and continuously improve it with investing too much time.

Pros

The software is really easy to use and is based on several standards. What I like the most, is the continuous improvements and updates of the software. Aware IM always brings new features that you can easily implement on current applications.

Cons

Aware IM doesn't have out-of-the-box integrations with other solutions. Maybe it is because it is a developer tool, but it would greatly be appreciated to provide those integrations. I have to say that the mechanism for doing the integrations are included in the software.

Best Zero code platform used so far

Pros

Aware IM can be installed on your own premise, that makes it a rare feature in the world of zero code platform, in the same price range. It is optimize for business oriented application, with simple and clean user interfaces for the final application. You don´t need to take care of the design of every single element. Has basically all the functions requested for the creation of business applications database-oriented. Finally, the support is very responsive.

Cons

The license mechanism is not immediatly clear. If you want to deploy the running application on a server, while keeping the editing on a local desktop, you need basically two differen licenses.

No nonsense application development for the web

All software development tools take some time, persistence and discipline to master and Aware IM is not exception. But the effort is certainly worth it. Aware IM breaks the software development paradigm down to focus on the business objects and business rules and as such significantly reduces the development and maintenance time required to build, deploy and support excellent robust business applications for the web. What used to take weeks now takes days and what used to take days now can be delivered in hours. An extraordinary product and the vendor support is the best I have ever experienced in 35 years of software development.

Cons

Most intuitive tool for rapid development

We found AwareIM to be incredibly suited for developing full and complex browser and mobile applications. We cannot recommend it highly enough.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.