Userpilot Logo

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.91/10

Reviews by rating

We loved that they had proactive and reactive onboarding capabilities. Moreover, I am amazed that after basic installation.
Userpilot has everything necessary for good user onboarding. Great feature at an affordable price for a startup.
Mediocre software that didn't provide my business with any real value and it was a pain to cancel.
Price is outrageous and customer service is awful.
It lacks some project management tools and adding those options would make it one stop shop for many onboarding requirments.

AT

Atour T.

Analyst

Research, 51-200 employees

Transcript

Atour: Hi, I am Atour. I'm an analyst from [inaudible 00:00:05] Education and Research International....

Daniel S.

Co Founder, Head of Marketing

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Increases engagement

Transcript

Daniel S.: Hey, my name is Daniel. I'm a product marketing manager in the IT and technology industry....

Rick B.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Amazing product and company!

We started-off with Userpilot when they where still in BETA. They have come a loonngg way. At this exact moment Userpilot helps us with a massive roll-out, onboarding over 2000 users in 1 month. The software is great, the service even better. Whenever I wondered if something was possible, I got the answer YES. Which is usually not the case with a software that hasnt' been around long. If you're looking to create a wonderful experience for your clients, then Userpilot is your go-to tool!

Pros

Userpilot is great, the software helps our customers better understand our platform and the possibilities it brings. But the software is not even the best thing here, it's the incredible personal service. They are DEDICATED to make everything work, perfectly tailored to your needs.

Cons

At the moment it's not a click-and-go solution, which is fine since they're helping you personally to make everything work.

AT

Atour T.

Research, 51-200 employees

It's easy to set up and use Userpilot.

I don't have to rely on the front-end team since Userpilot provides me the freedom to create tidy, attractive messages exactly way I want them to be.

Pros

I can design the ideal onboarding process for our users thanks to Userpilot's comprehensive offering of essential onboarding elements.Customer service at Userpilot is excellent. Whenever I encounter a problem, they are excellent at providing speedy and highly tailored remedies.Because of Userpilot's user-friendly interface, even beginners may create and share their own service engagement sequences.

Cons

Regarding analytics features, Userpilot isn't the best. I must employ integrations if I want to maximize the potential of your customers.However, Userpilot also doesn't offer adequate integration possibilities. But if I stick to Amplitude, Google Analytics, Hubspot, and Segment, I won't be let down.

DH

Darin H.

Used other for 1-2 years

Mediocre product, and awful customer service

Pros

I wasn't getting any real value out of this product for a minimum of $199/month so I decided to cancel. It turns out you can't cancel in the app and have to reach out to customer service, who then is adamant that you fill out a survey to cancel your account. They literally refuse to cancel your account without filling out their survey. Incredibly shady business practice. Now I'm spending that time writing them a horrible review here. Nice work.

Cons

Price is outrageous and customer service is awful.

Daniel S.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Increases engagement

I am glad we chose user pilot over Pendo - doing so allowed us to get more flexibility with the user journey through their guides and then with the $$ we had left over (Userpilot is cheaper than Pendo) we were able to get mixpanel and world class analytics.

Pros

I liked that you have a "what you see is what you get" editor. It's pretty intuitive and easy to make a design that looks good. You can create custom flows based on segments of users so that different people have different experiences based on their previous actions or the metadata that you have attached to them as a user.

Cons

There were some glitches and times when it would freeze up and you have to redo your work. Userpilot is a relatively young company so I would imagine that these will continue to be ironed out.

Carl Ö.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Great service team

So far so good. Sometimes the tool makes me frustrated, but that is usually solved with a quick chat with the service team.

Pros

The customer success team are very diligent and helps out whenever they can. Have at many occasions jumped into calls where they helped me fix a flow I couldn't fix myself.

Cons

There are still a few features that I feel is missing from Userpilot, but the service team are happy to receive feedback on this. Sometimes more things are promised than are delivered.

JM

Jeff M.

Environmental Services, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Excellent choice for on-boarding, help functions, and new feature releases

Overall, I am very satisfied with Userpilot. After searching through the available options I found that some were very expensive and others lacked major functionality. Userpilot had the functionality I need at a reasonable price.

Pros

It is excellent for rolling out and demonstrating new features. The settings for determining when a user sees the experiences and how often is very helpful. It is also very good for on-boarding new users and walking them through a checklist to show them how your software works. I have used other software in this space, and Userpilot is among the top for simple usability in this area.

Cons

The formatting of the experiences could be better. The system allows you to customize your experience with your branding, colors, etc. Although I'm glad it is there and I made it function, I found that to be somewhat difficult to use.

Mv

Martijn v.

Invaluable for SaaS business

Userpilot increases the odds that trial users actually perform the steps needed for successful onboarding and conversion.

Pros

After testing multiple competing offerings we were very delighted with Userpilot. We were able to create our flows ourselves. Also Userpilot is the ONLY in-app guide products that features an onboarding checklist which is one of the most valuable parts of the service for us.

Cons

Not too much. In the beginning some advanced options need a bit of in-depth study but support was great. We have multiple hosting regions and needed to use variables for subdomains which works like a charm.

🏂⛳🏇 Maxime L.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Solid product !

Reallyy easy to use and the result is really professionnal.

Pros

Cons

Only con : the segment integration which is only compatible with Analytics.js source and based only on contacts... But it's the case with most competitors.

Anna O.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Easy to use tool for the onboarding process

Pros

Customized templates offered by Userpilot help to achieve AHA moments faster. This tool is useful not only for new customers (when you need to explain how your tool works) but also for existing ones when you want to inform them about new features you've implemented. What's important for me - it's easy to install, no coder needed!

Cons

Initial costs may be some kind of a deal-breaker, but once you get to know this tool, you will love it

Fiona A.

Powerful User-Onboarding Tool

I have looked at many different options in this space and while UserPilot perhaps has a little maturing to do, it is by far the best option on the market. Well done guys.

Pros

UserPilot makes it easy to create professional looking tips, flows and wizard-like instructions to help users navigate your software. Extremely customizable and default settings already look pretty good.

Cons

Because it is highly featured, there are lots of options - and perhaps not yet enough help files to explain each of them.

Fernando P.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great tool for guided tours or flows focused on different goals

Experience was great, we implemented it pretty quickly and my team start to build experiences on day one and everybody learned very fast how to use it.

Pros

Very easy to use, my team was implementing it very quickly and we were able to see results pretty fastIt is very customizable so looks like that is part of your product and you can use it with different goals (user onboarding, user engagement, conversion, guided tour for training, etc.)

Cons

Can be even more customizable and leverage from AI technologies to help you create better experiencesCould add more templates and during the creation of flows helps you providing best practices and suggestions to improveAnalytics could bring more insights of what is a good result and what is a bad result and how to improve

Av

AJ v.

Sports, self-employed

On the fence? Read this, then get it.

Userpilot and the team? AMAZING! Eversince I use UserPilot I’m feeling confident about the onboarding process of my site. The team has been very helpful, not just explaining what to do, but taking it two steps further. They advise options that you didn’t think about before to make it run more smoothly AND THEY EVEN ASSIST ON SUNDAY. As a solo-preneur with a day job next to my membership site, Sunday...

Pros

- Support - Easy to use - Speed of implementation

Cons

- basically none. But if I have to... my site has different membership levels. To create an experience I need to access for example the "user" page. That means I have to login as a user on my site first, then go to that page to create the experience. The same goes when I want to add something specific to the 'pro' page. That happens only once a year and takes an additional 10 seconds to login. So like I said, basically none.

Reduced my churn rate by 30%

I am very satisfied. Their support is awesome and responsive as well.

Pros

The ease of use and flow of creating a great onboarding experience in a very short time. We have been losing customers at a crazy late within the past 3 months, let alone all those angry support tickets we get where they are usually for silly questions. I guess it's a problem with our software. Still in the meantime, while we are updating our UX/UI, Userpilot has helped us reduce the amount of churn by at least 30%. We were also able to get the average amount of support tickets from 20 a day to less than 5. Huge headache saver. Thanks.

Cons

I would have appreciated more templates out of the box. Also you have a thin line between too much customization and too little. Userpilot has all the customizations one can dream of but still as normal user, you might not need them all.

ME

Miguel E.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Amazing Platform

Through the NPS functionality, we were able to measure the level of satisfaction of our customers, something that we could not materialize objectively until the arrival of the userpilot. On the other hand, we were able to make a very significant leap in the adoption of the new functionalities with the customers, making a process that was slow and boring, into something fun and fast to implement.

Pros

It's a very intuitive and fun to use platform. Provided all the tools that We needed to improve our users adoption. We've had great feedback from our costumers.

Cons

At the moment, we don't have any negative points to make, quite the contrary. The support has been unconditional, either in terms of technical support or in helping us build our flows.

JT

Jason T.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Excellent tool for showcasing product features and improving user adoption

Our LMS can be a little complex to understand at first. UserPilot helps us to guide learners through what they need to know to get going. We've noticed less helpdesk queries coming through from new users. The NPS scores and feedback system have also been really helpful for us to know where we can improve

Pros

- Intuitive and user-friendly process for creating tours and experiences. - Being able to pass custom data to the system is great - Unlike some similar systems, you can control which devices tours are shown on

Cons

- We have encountered a few bugs when building more complex tours. - The technical documentation could use some more improvement

RN

Rajeesh N.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Simple and easy to use

Userpilot is easy to use a tool, budget-friendly, and easy to make flow and trigger.

Pros

The Userpilot is an easy-to-use tool one can create onboarding for a new feature (Flow) in no time if a developer has to create that it will take more than a week. Easy to create a spotlight.

Cons

Sometimes I noticed when you create flows on Userpilot the interface hangs and takes time to load, this also few a times eats up the RAM too.

WA

Waqar A.

Improved user activation and reduced churn by almost 30%

Well, this tool is a complete no-brainer for any SaaS business. We were having difficulty in making the users understand different features of the product. We implemented user onboarding sequence with Userpilot and since then we have seen a MASSIVE spike in retention, Increased trial-to-paid conversion, and reduced churn.

Pros

Userpilot is a must-have for any SaaS business. It's easy to use and have a clean UI. But more importantly, the features like personalized user onboarding, segmentation, checklists will definitely help any product increase their conversions and reduce their churn. Great customer support is also a plus!

Cons

It's a little techy at first to get it setup but once you start using it frequently, you'll get the hang of it.

AK

Apurva K.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Great product!

Pros

Its easy to use and I love the checklist functionality!

Cons

It can sometime get a little confusing, I think that there is a bit of a learning curve.

KW

Ken W.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Saves Me = Money, Time, Stress and Grief

Less time, stress and money spent on the phone and email support. It paid for itself upon activation as I knew the value was going to change everything, quickly....and it did!

Pros

-Reduces the Number of Software Support Phone Calls and Emails -Helps Increase Long-Term Customer Retention as I am able to easily point out features in my software which may not be obvious. -Gives my software an edge - as the instant 24/7/365 interactive help gives huge value to both my students (less frustration+easier adoption and understanding) and myself (less stress, less time 1-on-1 support and more time to develop)

Cons

I like everything about this software.

Easy To Use On-boarding Software

User on-boarding and product adoption.

Pros

Super easy to use and the templates make your product walk-throughs look great.

Cons

Nothing was unexpected, service was great.. product works great.

DJ

Damian J.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Great & Annoying

Frustrating.

Pros

Chrome plugin is really handy. Dash takes little time to learn.

Cons

Support is great if you're in the right timezone. I'm in Brisbane, Australia (GMT+10) which means even via chat it's a 12-hour turn around on questions. Also no support for targetting 'tel' input fields which seems like a pretty basic requirement.

VF

Valentin F.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Userpilot is an awesome tool that helps onboard your users and increases adoption.

Pros

Its easy to use and I personally really like the UI.

Cons

I am missing a self service for the free trial.

John K.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Quite good solution and most of all stable

Pros

I have been using userpilot even before the latest update which made it much more intuitive and user friendly. The main advantage is that when you create a navigation it will be working even when you update your app / UI. I had tested quite many other similar solutions and most of them even with a small UI change you had to update the tour.

Cons

When publishing a tour, minor issues might arise but the support is fixing them quite quickly.

Rafal K.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Intuitive and powerful tool

Pros

Great tool to onboard users in a SaaS product. It's really flexible tool, so you can create workflows that are contextual and effective. We love the checklist, and widget as well as native tooltips that always stay there.

Cons

I didn't find any big problems using the UserPilot.

JW

Joshua W.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Very Intuitive

Pros

The software is very carefully designed and the UX is easy to use. Installation was also quite simple. User onboarding is extremely important to us as it affects our conversion rates directly. So we are happy with how this product has helped our business grow.

Cons

Their terminology is new and needed to ping their support before I understood what a few of their labels mean. But always got fast replies.