iGradePlus Reviews

4.71/5 (204 reviews)

Donyelly Specks

One Stop Shop of Functionality

Reviewed 2019-08-21

Overall, The use of iGradePlus has made my management of over 250 students in over ten classes, with multiple assignment a breeze. I no longer have to use multiple spreadsheets to track attendance, scores, grades, and communications.

Pros
I love the versatility of the platform. There are so many functions that work well together. The software is well integrated and very thought out. The pathway from page to page is logical and intuitive. Anytime I had an issue with the iGradePlus, I received a response swiftly. And they are eager to take suggestions as well.

Cons
There are some functionalities of the newest upgrade that are still in beta or not as functional, but I am confident that they are working out the bugs, such as bulletins and memos. I would like to see a search function for the email content. I've used it for so long, my emails have grown.

Dan Rutt

Reviewed 2019-09-23

Overall I really like iGradePlus and highly recommend it.

Pros
I like how this software is easy to use. It accomplishes exactly what we need to do without all kinds of confusing extras. It does not require training in order for staff members to begin using it. In addition, I like the price. As a smaller, private school with a limited budget, iGradePlus is actually affordable for us unlike many other high powered management programs.

Cons
I dislike the calendar and teacher planning options. I am unaware of any way to integrate other calendars into iGradePlus. So our school uses both Microsoft 365 and Google as platforms. I wish there was a way to integrate one of these.

Brian Rounds

Fantastic Grade Book

Reviewed 2019-09-20

I use this every day to keep data on my students. It is absolutely crucial to my work.

Pros
I love how easy it is use. It makes keeping data super easy. When I have a question or there's a bug (which I'd expect from time-to-time with any online tool) customer service is quick to fix and provide support.

Cons
It really isn't much of a con as it sometimes has bugs that crop up - it's part of being an online tool. Customer service is quick to make fixes and provide support, so I really can't fault this tool.

Mike Van Hoven

iGrade Review

Reviewed 2019-09-23

I have worked with other administrative programs and find iGrade to be somewhat "clunky" to use. I really do not like the feature that moves all assignments from one year to the next. I change assignments every year and now have to delete them as we move from one marking period to the next.

Pros
The software is relatively easy to input grades and assignments. Attendance is also very easy to take care of at the beginning of each class.

Cons
There is little information on students and families for communicating with them through iGrade. It can be cumbersome to adjust grade scales, although I do not know if this is an iGrade issue or administrative issue at the school I am currently serving.

Nicole Ohnsat

Love iGradePlus!!

Reviewed 2019-10-16

Pros
It is easy to use! I absolutely love how easy the transition was from PowerSchool to iGradePlus.

Cons
No cons! This is a great software to use. The school I came to did not have an online gradebook like I was used to from my old district that I came from. This is a great tool. I wish I had a way that I KNEW the parents would actually use it, and not just have the invite e-mail just sent to the junk mail.

Rod Lanthier

Great Product

Reviewed 2019-11-02

No problems with this software at all. The response from the support team is very fast, to the point and spot on for any issues that may pop up. WE have not had any problems with this software or platform.

Pros
Easy to use, fast learning curve and very informative

Cons
None, no cons yet. Easy to use. Fast learning curve

Amanda Burt

Thinkers Cottage Teacher

Reviewed 2019-09-24

Overall I like the program and find it to be very useful.

Pros
I find that it is very useful tool for myself and my students. I like a lot of the changes that you have recently put into place.

Cons
I find that adjusting the rubric seems a little challenging to find. And would like the option for applying an extra credit category that would bring it above the 100% total. Also, I find that there seems to be a glitch when trying to email the parents and students. It seems that I can go into that drop down but it does not include the parents unless I take the extra step to click on their tab. Seems like an unnecessary step.

Benjamin Barth

Excellent and Easy!

Reviewed 2019-10-20

This software works all the time makes my job easier and it’s convenient to use I can use it anywhere at anytime.

Pros
Always works never slow easy to navigate. This product allows me flexibility and ease-of-use it is up-to-date constantly and provides great security for when I need it.

Cons
I really enjoy the software there is nothing I do not like about it. It is always in use has never crashed I’m always able to log on able to switch between screens easily.

Tonya Levier

Enjoying Igrade

Reviewed 2019-09-23

Pros
I can monitor instructors' classes and student's grades from one location. Inputting comments and copying assignments. This is an easy setup tool for instructors who have little time to do so. If we ever have a problem, it always get fix immediately or someone respond to us immediately. Thanks Igrade!! Continue satisfying my students and instructors.

Cons
nothing I like it and I don't have a problem

Gwen Ryals

Impressed

Reviewed 2019-09-25

My overall experience has been great. The customer service surpasses any issues I've had because they are quick to respond and fix.

Pros
The ease and function of the overall system.

Cons
Entering dates on the same assignment for each student.

Rob Blaisdell

Great Service and Quick Response

Reviewed 2019-08-30

I couldn't be more pleased with their service. The product is really good and gets better every year. Thanks for the dedication to give us what we need iGradePlus!

Pros
Initially I chose iGradePlus because of its price and ease of use. However after using it I discovered they had quick and responsive service. We are pleased with the overall product and service. More is added every year and most is based on what we ask for as customers.

Cons
There are several features not up and running yet. This is probably due to the number of years it takes to refine the software. I will say though, new features are rolled out several times a year. Thankfully these roll outs are based on what we the customers need and ask for. Knowing this we patiently and expectantly look forward to the continued evolution of this product.

Carmen George

Great VALUE and Easy to Use!

Reviewed 2019-08-12

We are a very small institution that does not have the funding for the more expensive online portals; this program is perfect for our students to have the online access without paying such a high cost!

Pros
The ease of using this grading program is wonderful. The students are able to log in and see their grades at any time and see my comments of why they lost points. It is easy to add students each semester and if they were already in one of my classes then their information transfers right over with just a click! I love that I can apply the fields I select to everyone in the class if I want when inputting an assignment.

Cons
Navigating through the reports and trying to run a report of just what you need can be cumbersome. I wish once I have created a report that it would be saved as a template regardless if I started a new grading period/semester.

Margaret Porch

Excellent For Classroom management

Reviewed 2019-08-09

My classes are once weekly middle school and high school college model classes designed for homeschoolers. I teach about 100 students a week and have parent helpers input grades. iGradePlus is easy to set up each year and explain to my parent helpers. Parents of students have ready access to their children's information and communication between instructor and parent is really easy. In addition, my experience with contacting the company has been wonderful! They respond immediately and work to fix whatever problem has been encountered, whether it was a parent access problem or something on the instructor side of the program. iGradePlus is also very affordable!

Pros
iGradePlus is used by all our instructors because it is easy to understand and set up and provides a fantastic array of record keeping and student management options. Instructors are able to set parameters and guidelines for grading, keep track of attendance and behavior, easily communicate with parents and students, and offer parents access to their children's grades. Anytime I have a question or have encountered a problem and email the company, I receive a quick response and the help I need to fix the problem.

Cons
Working up methods of deducting percentage off of total grades instead of point off of scores for grades. As of the end of this past school year, iGradePlus hasn't included a percent off total score option, just a points off the score entered option for late work. Much of my grading involves inputting actual points on a quiz or study guide which can range from 10 points to 125 points, so it's difficult to have a built in number of points deduction for late work. I need a percent off late work option. I have been told they are working on that option, so it might be fixed for this year. But that is a minor problem compared to how much I like the overall program!

Anne Skvarek

A high school teacher's perspective

Reviewed 2019-08-06

Overall, I am mostly satisfied with iGrade. The cons do get irritating though which is why I can't give it 5 stars. I strongly recommend they create a "limited admin" user account so teachers can look up grades/attendance for all students in the school, especially when you are an adviser to a group of students for the year. This sort of account would not allow the user to change or alter any information in iGrade.

Pros
I like being able to copy assignments to other classes I teach, which saves me time. Entering grades is user friendly for the most part, meaning you can figure it out with little to no training. I like that there are things you can personalize, as in creating different assignment categories.

Cons
I don't like that the default setting for attendance is "present" (but that may just be how my school administrator set it up). I sometimes use the administrator account to look up students' grades and attendance in all their classes, and what I notice is, and this is my biggest complaint with iGrade, that students' absences are hard to track per class period when you look up their attendance. It just says they have 3 absences, but doesn't say in which period (unless you go through extra steps to figure it out). One other feature I don't like is that grades copy automatically when we start a new school year: this means if I taught English 10 1st period last year, but this year I teach English 12 1st period, my gradebook for 1st period is FULL of all of the old assignments from 1st period last year. That requires me to go and delete them all, which can be very time consuming (even if trying to do a bulk delete, which seems to slow the program down significantly). Finally, I wish teachers had the ability to simply look up students' grades in other classes without having admin access in iGrade.

Jeffrey Ulrich

Revelatory! Changed my whole professional life.

Reviewed 2017-10-16

Within three months of implementing iGradePlus everything had changed. My students were 500% calmer, more focused, and better-motivated. Even the only marginally academic ones were working harder, because my school is a sports-focused school, and most of my kids hate to lose at anything, including grades, so when they can see their grades and know I´m keeping score (and know their parents can see as well) it makes them want to work hard to win. Also my students quickly came to trust me more because they could see at any time exactly how I was grading them, and they could adjust when they needed to. The better students even started correcting ME when I would make mistakes in data entry! And then we were on the same team- us against the computer. My job was no longer to judge my students, but rather to help them to get the grades to say what my students wanted their grades to say. Also, iGradePlus´s customer service is among the best I´ve ever encountered. During the implementation process I contacted the company VERY frequently and they always replied within 24 hours. Not only that, but they were friendly, professional, and responsive- really able to listen to my concerns and take action, even to the extent of implementing features in the software that I had requested. Bug fixes were often immediate.

Pros
iGradePlus has completely changed my professional life, and the educational life of my students. Gone are the days when I had to run around like a harried parent, making sure students knew what was going on and what it could mean for them. Now the information about what they need to do and what it means to their grade is there, always-accessible online, clear and transparent. They have no excuses, they always know where they stand, and it is instantly clear to them and their parents what they need to do to improve. I have to do a fraction of the hard discipline and motivation that I used to do, because when kids can see their situation clearly they generally want to do the best they can with it. And when parents also know exactly what is going on they easily can see how to help. And most parents, in their hearts I´ve found, truly want to help if only they know what the problem is and HOW to help. My first report card and parents´ evening with iGradePlus were an absolute revelation. There was no stress, no tears, no frantic negotiations and threats from parents- everyone walked in already knowing what the current grade was, and more or less which categories of grades and activities were the problem. We spent our time not arguing but pleasantly discussing subtleties of the students´ challenges, feelings, and strengths. Other teachers started to notice how relaxed I was at grade time, and now much of my school is using iGradePlus.

Tatiana Robbins

Fantastic Teacher Tool

Reviewed 2017-04-22

iGradePlus has provided a lot of great resources for me as a teacher. The gradebook is easy to use and offers parents access at all times to see how their child is doing. It aslo offers a way to track attendance and behavior issues. Some other great features are the different blogs and the calendar. I would like to see the attendance and behavior log to either be on the main login page for parents or to set up email notifications to parents when a log is made. Eventually, I'd love it if it incorporated a place to make lesson plans as well. Overall, this is an amazing website. I have introduced it to several other teachers at my school and they really like it as well. Along with being a great resource, they also offer fantastic customer service. Any time I've ever had a question or needed something fixed, they have responded very quickly and worked hard to solve any issues. I will continue to use this service and I look forward to what new features they will roll out with next!

Pros
iGradePlus has provided a lot of great resources for me as a teacher. The grade book is easy to use and offers parents access at all times to see how their child is doing. It also offers a way to track attendance and behavior issues. Some other great features are the different blogs and the calendar.

Christi Muhle

IGrade and the learning curve

Reviewed 2019-09-02

Overall, we are very happy with I agreed. There are a few tweaks that would make it easier, but we love what we have seen so far.

Pros
I like the ability To connect easily with my students and their parents. I like that I can move between classes pretty easily, and I like the ability to post group participation grade. This is time saving and very beneficial. As a parent, I like the ability to be able to log on and check my child’s grades and progress to connect easily with my students and their parents. I like that I can move between classes pretty easily, and I like the ability to post group participation grade. This is time saving and very beneficial. As a parent, I like the ability to be able to log on and check my child’s grades and progress at any time.

Cons
With the particular school that we attend, it is frustrating that we can’t seem to combine all of our weekly assignments into one document for printing without using an outside program. For instance, if my child is in three or four different classes, I have to print out three or four different syllabuses each week. I would much rather be able to open it and click on it and print it as one document. I would also like to have The ability to use I agreed in the form of an app, because I mostly use our grade from my iPad or iPhone.

Staie Lemley

Gold Star for iGradePlus

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Overall, iGradePlus has been a great tool for me in tracking grades, easily accessing grades for students and parents, and printing reports. I also really like being able to click on a individual student to see what they may be missing or look for patterns in their work, whether they be positive patterns to encourage them in or poor patterns where they need coaching in a specific area.

Pros
I like that it was easy to get started with iGradePlus. In addition, it is very affordable and the customer support was very responsive the one time I needed help with something.

Cons
It's a little cumbersome in naming categories and weighting them as those are on different screens and were not as intuitive (to me) to find.

Brandi Sutherland

I cant say enough

Reviewed 2019-08-05

I cannot say enough. Great price, product and best of all customer service. I plan to use this product for years to come.

Pros
It is very easy to use and their Customer Support is quick to respond to any questions and issues. I appreciate I can customize my grade periods, weights and drops. It makes it even easier that I can give each class a color. That really helps me and my students differentiate all their classes.

Cons
I cant think of much. I would LOVE if I could copy whole days of the calendar and move it with a drop and drag to a new day. Now, that may be super techy, but that's the only thing I would LOVE to have.

Leah Suer

Math teacher review of iGradePlus.

Reviewed 2019-08-27

Pros
I like that the software is easy to use. I am not a techie by nature and I have a relatively easy time navigating the site. I like that I get prompt replies when I email. Very friendly and helpful. We chose iGradePlus for its price point and ease of use. I believe we have been using the program for 3 years.

Cons
I think that some improvements could really help. 1. The way to add guardian email is a bit counter intuitive. It takes some time and searching to get to the screen needed in order to edit. 2. For some reason, assignments from the previous year stay in the classes. Quite annoying!! Why would they remain in a new school year grade book?? It used to be that I could delete many assignments with a couple of clicks. Now, I have to endure the tedium of deleting them one by one. I am spending a ridiculous amount of time doing this. 3. I always have a hard time with the reports function. The template instructions are a bit difficult and I can never print out more than one report at a time without some mishap, like dropped classes. Again, way too time consuming for a user.

Annette Cochran

Teacher tools

Reviewed 2019-08-24

Grading evidence for meetings, and ease of use for students and parents.

Pros
The ability to communicate with students and parents with ease. Posting student work and grades make grading and creating a portfolio of student completed work for Parent, IEP, or 504 meetings a perfect place for evidence of student growth.

Cons
None at this time. If I do have any questions about changes. There is always a quick response.

Mark Doherty

Great Software for Educators

Reviewed 2019-08-19

I've been a user for several years now and couldn't be happier.

Pros
The software functions well and the customer service response has been great over the years. I also liked that users are sent an activitation invitation email. I can quickly tell whether students are really going to take the online classes seriously if they activate it quickly. Those who do tend to stay in the course. Those who don't... a warning signs that they may not be best suited for the online environment.

Cons
There was a little bit of a challenge when initially determining how to set up individual courses within a semester, but once you get the hang of it, it works well.

Richard Jones

Great for new software

Reviewed 2019-08-20

We are able to use it as our grading program and works well for our needs.

Pros
The developers are regularly making updates and respond to questions and needs quickly. The evolution of development has improved this product since its inception.

Cons
It still seems to not have much room for adaptation. Would like to see the development of other uses for report card styles and changes.

Gwendolyn Sturdy

iGradePlus has all the features I need and want! It is very reliable.

Reviewed 2017-10-15

* iGradePlus is easily personalizable. I found it easy to input my grade percentages and the info that I wanted to have easy access to. The system is also easy to input grades and assignment information into * My students have easy access to their the record of their assignments, due dates, and grades. * The system is very use-friendly. * The price is right. * Most online grading systems are set up for entire schools to use, so finding a system that was inexpensive and easily usable by one person was wonderful!

Pros
I love the fact that it is so flexible -- I can set the system up to reflect my grading system -- but the system is not complicated to use or set up. It is 100% reliable. In 14 months I have never found the system down. It is easy to use. There are multiple ways "in" to every screen, which makes it a joy to use when you flip from Algebra 2 attendance to inputting the grade for one student from Precalculus to checking exactly how many students are in Geometry to inputting another assignment for Algebra 1. Since I teach classes for homeschoolers, I have no school affiliation and no help with costs. The fact that iGradePlus is quite inexpensive means a lot to me!

Tina Sirignano

A good tool for educators

Reviewed 2019-08-19

very positive experience and I also recommend it to my coworkers.

Pros
I like how I can email my students' work when I am out. Students find it easy to follow assignments and grades.

Cons
only that last year we could not enter a grade with the automatic columns in assessments