Kannu Reviews

4.87/5 (45 reviews)

Nilesh Thomas

Intuitive and elegant UI that encourage student engagement

Reviewed 2018-10-31

Blended delivery of on-campus courses with Kannu helped reduce tutorial time. It is also helping to reduce the time spent on grading standardised assessments. We rolled out bite sized online courses that cater to a large segment of learners who could not come to our campus. This helped us make education accessible and affordable.Course cards look very cool, modern and clean and is one of the most elegant course catalogue looks I've come across. Session and coursework building is simple, quick and efficient. Excellent communication features. We use the individual and group messages with students a lot. And students love to use these too since they have very familiar look and feel like popular social messaging apps. The Course Galley feature was our first step to encourage students to engage in peer assessment. The entire faculty team love the announcement feature, especially the ability to schedule any number of future announcements. We use them a lot to remind students to keep up with learning tasks, due dates, etc. All it takes is an hour at the beginning to the term to set up the entire messaging for the term (with planning of course!) Automatic grading of quizzes is a huge time saver, especially for classes with peak student numbers. We even run final exams in full automation by programming the start time, end time and fully automatic grading. In-video quizzes is simply awesome. Helps heaps to make videos into interactive learning tools with very simple quiz setup. This is a gem. And finally, the folks at Kadenze work with us (you) to solve challenges and to roll out features. Kadenze doesn't treat us like another client, we feel we are in a learning technology partnership, and that gives us the confidence to disrupt course delivery practices and effect change.

Vicky Macleroy

MDST project making use of Kannu

Reviewed 2017-02-03

This is a multilingual digital storytelling project (https://goldsmithsmdst.wordpress.com) that works with multiple schools in the UK and overseas and has as its key partners the BFI, British Museum, Museum of London and NRCSE. We have used Kannu to set up a safe shared place for schools, their teachers and students. We have been using kannu with the teachers for just over a year and we have found where teachers make the time to engage with the platform, upload sessions and keep a clear ongoing record of their work that the platform facilitates this. We have carried out regular training sessions with teachers on the use of kannu and emphasising the importance of getting their students online and critiquing and commenting on other digital stories. However, we are still finding it hard to facilitate this. At the moment teachers are more focused on the work in preparing the students in creating their digital stories and they have not given as much time to getting their students logged on and critiquing the stories of others. They have tended to do this as a group activity in the classroom where the teacher selects a range of digital stories that the children respond to orally and in small groups. We are working across a large age range from 8 - 18 years old. We also wanted to set up an e-portfolio or reflective journal on the kannu site and this is not yet possible. We set up a survey that some of the students completed but again this was hard to implement across all the schools. We have found it a very good platform but some teachers have found it hard to navigate.Easy to manage and develop.

Mary Khan

Ali Akbar College of Music Uses Kannu

Reviewed 2016-08-18

This is the first time we have used a product to manage our online class webinars, and we are enjoying the simplicity of the final product that our students interact with. In the past, our interaction with our students was primarily through emails, and sorting through the emails to find lessons was cumbersome. We don't actually use many of the features Kannu offers, mostly because of the size of our organization, but what we do use has streamlined our webinar interactions with the students in a very beneficial way.The setup was easy to understand because of the personal training session I received, and Kannu's customer service is amazing. When issues have arisen their response has been prompt and the follow through has been quick. They were responsive to the needs of our school and tailored a few sections the way we needed things to run. Honestly, what I like the most about Kannu is the end product. Our students are happy with it, and it has made the handling of our class webinars neat and efficient.

Jay LeBoeuf

The future of higher education, professional training, and online learning

Reviewed 2016-08-15

Kadenze's Kannu is an incredibly flexible business model and versatile platform. We were looking for a solid tool to build our own portal for Real Industry's educational content and also white label the platform for prospective industry partners. Kadenze said 'no problem.' Did I mention that we're a small non-profit - not a Fortune 500 company or a major University? My students have found their courseware 'refreshing and pleasant to use.' The product design is clean and intuitive for both viewing and completing assignments. The dashboards for educators are simplified and user friendly - no user manual required to update, create assignments, view grades and performance analytics. I use this platform for teaching at top universities (Stanford, University of Michigan, NYU,...) but also have portals for running academic workshops, small group tutoring, and even corporate training! Interface, support, and team behind the product

Michael Bryant

I have moved all my courses to the Kannu LMS, and for good reasons!

Reviewed 2017-05-18

The Kannu LMS is a great tool for me and my students. From the creation of the course to the final student evaluations, this platform helps me to help my students. The process of setting up a course on Kannu makes me be thoughtful about what I want to the students to learn and how I plan on guiding then through that process. But the platform is flexible enough to add material that is unexpected, unplanned or even material discovered by my students. The ease of uploading reading material, linking to any all media types and promoting discovery through online discussions means I can have a plan but that we, myself and most importantly, my students, are not locked into trajectory that seemed right in September, but needed adjusting by October. The fact that I can copy a course from past semesters to upcoming semesters means that over time the resources grow and can be curated as fast as my course's subject matter evolves.

Gina Greco

Responsive Learning Management System Site and Staff

Reviewed 2016-08-17

We've worked with Kannu for more than a year now and overall are pleased with the service and the versatility of the product. We looked at a lot of systems and most are outdated and don't work for visual learners (which is almost everyone). Kannu has an updated app like interface that is easy to use. There is a learning curve however and we would like more on-boarding videos for our students but I believe they will provide that as development continues. They regularly provide smart upgrades. Beautiful interface. Friendly and user friendly design. Broad functionality.

Nancy Tag

Kannu takes our grad program to a higher level >> easy to use, dynamic, visually collaborative.

Reviewed 2017-10-24

Enormous benefits: collaborative platform with visually aesthetic appeal and fairly easy to set up and utilize. Ease of use -- both for students and faculty. Kannu is aesthetically pleasing, streamlined, and built for collaboration >> all important things for a portfolio driven graduate program such as mine. The creators and administrators of this product are always trying to improve usability. They're innovators and have a collaborative approach to improvement. They listen and are incredibly responsive to the particular uses of our program. Their tech support is ON IT -- I cannot praise them more highly.

Christoph Geiseler

Kannu is awesome.

Reviewed 2017-02-10

Kannu is streamlined, elegant, powerful and the perfect fit for any institution that wants to deliver high quality educational content through a safe and encrypted online learning platform. I use Kannu to manage my "One Minute Academy", whereby students from around the world learn to film and edit one minute videos (http://www.oneminuteacademy.org/) The "Kannu experience" starts with informative phone calls with Kadenze's welcoming staff; next they start the branding and on boarding process. The team is really looking out for every client's best interest. Once the platform is ready to roll, it only takes a couple quick clicks to upload video content, add/delete quizzes and format tests to create a superbly engaging experience for students. My single regret is that I only use a small portion of the many features that Kannu offers, but over time I know that I'll make a better effort to integrate all of their technology into our digital curriculum. I strongly encourage others to use Kannu without any hesitation whatsoever.Streamlined, elegant, powerful, best LMS on the market. I'm a big fan of the video uploading capabilities and integration with AWS video encryption. The closed captioning functions are top.

Anonymous

Very polished, friendly system

Reviewed 2017-10-12

It helped me run my MOOCThe system is easy for students and instructors to navigate, and it has a very polished feel throughout. I've used Moodle and Blackboard in teaching, and they are much clunkier and less intuitive for students (not to mention they are very ugly out of the box, and it takes a talented internal tech team to make Moodle/blackboard look good).

Ge Wang

aesthetics matters; a thoughtfully designed and elegant LMS (at last)

Reviewed 2017-10-12

Finally, a LMS whose interface was clearly designed by people who care about making full-featured systems, understand the importance of elegance, and grok the educational experience for teachers and students. Having long struggled with Coursework (tolerable) and Canvas (yikes), working with Kannu has been a breath of fresh air: 1) it doesn't feel like an endless hodge-podge of obligatory features checked off by some corporate committee, but a purposeful integration designed by educators; 2) the portfolio feature is simply excellent, particularly for courses with creative projects. Its presentation really elevates (rightfully) a sense of accomplishment and pride for the student as they go from project to project, and something they can later point to as part of a job application. LMS's are complex, and Kannu is no different (there is a learning curve). Yet Kannu is lightyears better than other LMS's I've used for one core reason: everything about it gives me the sense that it intensely cares about its quality of use, and by extension what my students and I can do with it.

Amy Knoles

Clean and Clear!

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-06-13

Successfully created my first online course!This LMS is lightning fast! I've lost many a student's attention due to slow load/response times. Click a button , jump from video to video and it starts almost immediately (less than 1 second). Navigation is clean and clear. This platform helped me to re-think and re-organize my course in a way that was decidedly better for my students without making me feel as though I had to conform to a norm, dumb down, or surrender any of the artistic nature of the course. The team that I worked with when developing and shooting the course was remarkably efficient and personable. It was the first time that I had ever shot video for a course and felt that I was in good hands.

lonce wyse

As an experienced educator, I can confidently say that this is the best LMS system I have ever used.

Reviewed 2017-10-13

Efficient communication with students, effective management of teaching administration, grading and student feedback support.The ability to work fluently with various media including video is great. The layout is communicative, functional, and aesthetically pleasing. An outstanding feature is the integration with auto-grading which gives students immediate feedback on the assignments they submit both with marks and with comments that contribute to learning outcomes. Also, the dashboards are flexible so that I can organise the data into different views for different purposes.

Carl Lostritto

Kannu is elegant, flexible and time-saving

Reviewed 2017-06-06

saved hundreds of hours of time. Kannu helps us manage student submissions and communicate with my team. Having everything related to my course in one environment is key. Kannu interface is clean and beautiful (nothing more hypocritical than teaching design using an ugly and tedious LMS). Finally, Kannu support is the bomb.

Brian Harlan

Design and Support

Reviewed 2017-02-02

For design and support I couldn't recommend a product more. The features are certainly a huge part of the experience and are much appreciated, but the beauty and elegance in Kannu is really the design. Yet the tool aside, the main reason why it works for us is the incredibly responsive support we receive. Kadenze not only understands, but also really cares, about her users. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and willing to incorporate our ideas into their road map if at all possible.

Casey Anderson

Most powerful and versatile white-label experience

Reviewed 2016-08-12

I found out about Kannu through the Edsurge newsletter. After demo'ing their new lms I realized this was something different from all the other LMS' I had been vetting. Before we had been on a tool that was simple and compatible with SCORM, however, we quickly realized that we did not have the development time to build everything in captivate, nor has the problem of mobile responsiveness really been solved. So back to the lms tools and our old one had a lot of things missing. Most notably, a community feature. I loved Kannu from the beginning because it was clear that they had a team of great designers. I didn't have being on the site like I normally do with lms'. Additionally, they are very receptive to new ideas and excited to implement good ideas. The platform accommodates a lot of different file types and so has a much wider range of assignment/assessment types. Most importantly, it has a really great forum feature that has led to much greater student interaction.- The design - Look / feel - Usability - Aesthetic - Accommodates creative assignments - Supports community development

Michael Darling

I use this LMS for all aspects of my classes from grading to students collaborations.

Reviewed 2017-05-17

I just works. Since using I have found that students have access to each other's question which they are free to answer Teaching=learning.

Rey Sanchez

I've a great experience on this platform. Very easy to work with and the results look great.

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-10-12

I ported one of my BB courses to this platform several years ago. Even in the early days, it provided a superior user experience. I'll be updating my course soon and am looking forward to incorporating many of Kannu's new features.Two things; - The user interface is elegant and easy to use. - Kannu contains a set of innovative tools for the creative industries not found in any other LMS.

Bert Hill

Powerful tool. Excellent customer relations!

Reviewed 2017-05-25

In addition to being beautifully designed, Kannu is powerful tool that can enhance learning and improve curriculum. The team at Kadenze is helpful, knowledgeable, and will be receptive to the needs of your organization. Our rep, Harmony, has done exceptional work in ensuring we have the support we needed and addressing our many concerns and specialized institutional needs.

Ciaran Robinson

We've used the Kannu platform to host our online school

Reviewed 2017-08-03

It enabled us to get our online school up and running quickly.It's quick and easy to set up a course. The built in tools mean that there's very little need for external plugins such as Camtasia.

Ciaran Robinson

2 years using Kannu

Reviewed 2018-11-08

Support was quick and effective.The site looked great, and was simple to use. Minimum additional instruction was needed when introducing users to the site - navigation was very obvious.

N.D. Rambeau

Tremendously helpful for K-12 students in arts education classes.

Reviewed 2017-05-20

Easy for middle school and high school students to use on tablets and smartphones, and easy to teach beginning instructors how to use it to set up their online classes.

Jack Stamps

Kannu is THE LMS for the future of Digital Arts education.

Reviewed 2017-10-12

Kannu is a versatile and highly intuitive LMS for today's digital art students. It's features integrate seamlessly and always with maximum student outcomes in mind. I would strongly recommend it as the primary LMS for any and all courses at the intersection of art and tech. It simply performs the way an LMS should and in many ways that others simply cannot. Awesome.

Michael Fong

Kannu for Visual Arts Classes

Reviewed 2018-11-06

our art and design department really likes how modular the system is and how many different options you can have with modifying the contentGreat utility for having well documented digital and physical work. Easy to work with and very flexible in the way you can teach a class.

Anonymous

Impressed with the contemporary design, easy navigation, and built-in instructional features.

Reviewed 2017-10-25

It allowed us to grow our eLearning program. It truly serves as a digital hub for the classroom. Not only is my own instructional content in the system, but students can upload a variety of coursework. There is auto-grading and auto-tracking so it easy for students to track their progress and for us to communicate with each other.

Priyanka Shekar

Kannu adds self-learning to our university courses

Reviewed 2017-11-23

We needed a way for our in-person university students to self-learn and self-serve before and after our courses - they had pre-work and resources to prep before, and competitions to submit to afterward. Kannu lets us easily set up and run online components to these courses under our own organization's brand with a lot of customization.