A2X for Amazon Reviews

A2X for Amazon

Automates accounting for Amazon sellers and Shopify stores.

4.83/5 (174 reviews)

Pros
  • We are so happy that we found A2X, our Amazon accounting is organized and what we like most, so quick simple and fast, we love A2X features, and we love the price.Daniel Q.Read the full review
  • First of all : Outstanding Costumer service, the A2X team goes above and beyond to help you set up A2X and their support is swift and to the point.Elena M.Read the full review
  • We especially like the customer service and how focused they are on helping to manage the software to make sure it is running smoothly and effectively.Matthew S.Read the full review
Cons
  • It’s a necessary evil and it takes time but once it’s done, it’s done.Lynn T.Read the full review
  • It was a bit confusing getting started if you are not educated in accounting practices, but once it is up and running, it is smooth.Matthew S.Read the full review
  • I had a little trouble figuring out how to account for Cost of Goods Sold on Amazon, but I believe they have updated the software to have that functionality.Alexander M.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jake Cremean

Cool Software To Track Amazon Marketplace Sales

Reviewed 2018-08-10

Excellent. Solved a few annoying issues we had and sped up some reporting internally.

Pros
Amazon Support is the bee's knees if you ever need it. This software speeds up a process and gives you ore time to deal with other tasks. That time savings alone is enough to justify the cost for our company. The integrations are top notch.

Cons
The price, I can't use it for my personal side gigs as I wouldn't be able to justify the cost due to low sales volume via Amazon channel, it's more of a niche channel for me, compared to, say, eBay. Great for high-volume business use, in that case the price is pretty much negligible.

Jillian Heisler

Absolutely essential for any and all Amazon sellers

Reviewed 2019-05-24

Love love love! and plus their support staff is so fantastic and if you bring up any valid issues, they will often release a product update to solve that problem in a short amount of time.

Pros
It is really hard to get all the fees and discounts and fba related stuff charged correctly on your own out of Seller Central. A2X does it ALL and just maps and syncs directly to Xero. It's a game changer in terms of accuracy and efficiency.

Cons
Once there are a lot of skus, it can be tough to filter them to fill in missing costs for the cogs reporting.

Teresa (Terri) Slack, ACS, FLMI, CPB

Best App for Amazon Bookkeeping!

Reviewed 2019-05-21

A2X has been the best new app find we have had this year! They are quick to respond, they provide exceptional support and are just a great bunch of people to work with! I highly recommend A2X.

Pros
A2X is like a breath of fresh air! If you have been struggling to figure out your financial numbers from within Amazon A2X is the perfect solution. It seamlessly pulls all the financial data you need and summarizes it into a journal entry and ships that over to QuickBooks or Xero. You can stay on top of your business and make better financial decisions with ease using A2X. Love it!

Cons
A2X does take some set up but the procedures they supply are detailed and easy to follow. They have online chat to get help on the fly as you go! Once you have it configured you are good to go.

LeeAnn Havens

A2X is excellent!

Reviewed 2019-12-02

I love their customer service. They've easily answered every question and always have the answer I'm looking for. It's great!

Pros
I love how you can drill down to every fee Amazon gives us and categorize it in QuickBooks in exactly the account I need it in.

Cons
I wish it would show me the payee in QuickBooks as we have several accounts we have transferred over.

Keith Coppuck

Expensive for what it does !

Reviewed 2018-07-17

Had a lot of issues initially​ getting it set up correctly to handle zero-rated sales and disappointed I needed an additional license for the US when the product is already expensive for what it does.

Pros
Easier than importing and exporting using spreadsheets

Cons
Expensive for what it does and the subscription is limited to 5 market places which does not allow you to do Europe​ and US.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Bryant Akonjang

Best in class

Reviewed 2019-05-21

Brilliant and simple to use

Pros
The detail configuration settings and the ease of use. Better than anything out there by a mile

Cons
The price is high compared to competitors.

Wayne Goodwin

Great product that saves us a tonne of time

Reviewed 2019-11-26

Pros
The ease of use and measurable impact it has on our business. It has saved us hours of work each week and streamlined our bookkeeping.

Cons
Nothing - honestly, I'm super happy with our choice and everything works as described.

Jefferson Webster

Exceptional and essential!

Reviewed 2019-05-22

Really great and essential for us to focus on other areas of our business

Pros
The ease of set up and the accuracy. No more hours spent manually reconciling Amazon statements!

Cons
Nothing at this stage and we have been using it for 6+ months

Ashley Peat

The best peice of software out there for accounting amazon

Reviewed 2019-05-21

Very Good. The support is great too, highly recommended.

Pros
It's pretty automatic. It takes the headache out of getting your information from Amazon, into your accounting software.

Cons
You need to be really careful with your VAT settings if you're an EU seller. It's very easy to pull revenue figures from Amazon net of vat, which throws off your revenue by 20% in your accounting software, possibly leading to underpaying VAT. This is not a fault of A2X, it's just something you NEED to be aware of. Whether you have VAT calculation turned on or off, and if A2X is reflecting that.

Riccardo Ferrari

A great way to automate my Amazon business

Reviewed 2019-05-22

I can track my Amazon business with a few monthly clicks!

Pros
The possibility to automate accounting of Amazon transactions is fundamental to have a clear view of the business without spending too much time, Tracking products give the ability to sync cost and revenue for each product.

Cons
The need of making manual adjustments to inventory to split shipping and prep cost on each product is far from ideal.

Anonymous

A2X for Accountants

Reviewed 2019-05-23

A2X has taken a very manual process for me and automated it. What used to take me a half hour or more can now be done with the touch of a button. This saves me valuable time and also saves my clients money. The data that can be synced with Quickbooks Online is so valuable. E-commerce clients now have great visibility in what it really costs to sell on Amazon. I'm so excited about trying out A2X for Shopify now too!

Pros
A2X makes it so easy to post the settlements for selling on Amazon. They break out all the categories which make up the settlement and post that to the general ledger. It gives business owners great information about their Amazon sales so they know how much they are making and the costs associated with selling on Amazon. I also love that it will break up the settlements by months, so I don't have to manually adjust for sales that fall over two months in one settlement period. A2X saves me so much time working for my e-commerce clients. I've called in for a question and they were very quick to respond and give me an answer.

Cons
The only suggestion I would have to improve the software is to make a glossary of all the different line items in the settlements. Sometimes it is difficult to determine what a fee is for by just the description. Otherwise, I have had no problems with this software.

Ricky Patidar

Best Amazon to Xero integration on the market

Reviewed 2018-07-23

Pros
Customer support is supreme so if you get stuck, help is on the way. Integration is great as you can copy tax and account mappings across to new clients very easily. Integration into Xero can be customized and very simple to do. its reliable and we can trust it will work every time.

Cons
Not much really! It's not really a con of the software but if A2X ventured out into other selling platforms like Shopify and eBay, then it would make our lives so easy!

April M

Great Integration Software for Amazon FBA sellers

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-11-22

A2X helps solve the issue of getting the Amazon settlement information correctly into Quick Books Online with ease as an Amazon 3rd party seller.

Pros
It is easy to navigate the process of the export of Amazon settlement reports and the import into Quickbooks online. The information has been accurate.

Cons
Nothing, it serves its purpose. I have not had any issues with software.

Eileen Schreiberg

Couldn't Do My Job Without A2X

Reviewed 2019-05-24

I have been using A2X for 2.5 years and it makes my job SO much easier. It pulls in Amazon sales data and maps it to the appropriate accounts. It allows me to reconcile fast and easy. I can't imagine doing my job without it! It really is a must have for all accountants and bookkeepers posting Amazon sales.

Pros
Fast and reliable customer service. Accurately summarizes Amazon sales and creates an invoice. Clean and user friendly interface.

Cons
Honestly, I have nothing bad to say about A2X.

Rohan Bhatt

Time and Money saver A2X

Reviewed 2019-08-14

Quick respond of A2X saves lots of time and save

Pros
A2X make the process easier for selling on Amazon. It gives great information to the business owner about their sales. It responds very quickly so saves lots of time.

Cons
It doesn't work for other sales channels.

Chris Kemp

Great resource for Amazon users

Reviewed 2019-05-21

Highly recommended for any Amazon sellers.

Pros
A2X has saved our clients hours and hours of work in analysing Sales and posting the results to their Xero accounts.

Cons
Took a little while to set up and configure, but once done easy to use.

Richard James

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed 2018-03-14

The ease of use and the time it saves.

Pros
The fact that A2X takes a task that would normally take 20 to 30 mins to complete and brings it to 5 mins or less, us and our clients to concentrate on others tasks to grow our business.

Philip Connor

Top Class Customer Service

Reviewed 2019-11-26

Frees up a lot of our time to concentrate on other areas of our business.

Pros
Game changer software. Top-class customer Service Always there to help & answer my questions

Cons
Mapping can be tricky & can take some time to complete

Anonymous

Time Saver

Reviewed 2019-05-28

Our company had about 80 SKUs, and this software was great for us. I could delete imported information out of QB and re-import it after changing my settings on A2X. I was able to adjust and fine tune quite nicely. When I had questions, the support team answered quickly and intelligently. The inventory function is also excellent and useful.

Pros
This software integrated very easily with AMZ. I was able to adjust every line item that came from AMZ to go exactly where I want it within QB. Once set up, this software required very little maintenance. I saved an immense amount of time with A2X. Time is Money.

Cons
very small con: I requested progress bars for certain buttons where it was not clear that the action was underway or done. Support said that this function was under development.

Jeremy Allen

A2x truly makes accounting for amazon sellers possible.

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Pros
A2x always works. It provides accurate and detailed information for the settlement period. The team is always making improvements to their product. Tech support is super fast and knowledgeable.

Suvir Bhatia

Great tool for automating biweekly transfers

Reviewed 2019-05-28

Pros
A2X simplifies the task for importing sales, returns, COGS and fees data from Amazon for each biweekly payment. It is easy to use, and provides a single dashboard for all imported data loads. It is a lot cheaper than hiring an accountant to perform the same task

Cons
Two areas of improvement are (a) better handling of multi-currency payments: it was confusing to setup my Mexican Pesos payments from Amazon.mx alongside my USD payments from Amazon.com (b) more data / analysis for each transfer. The current dashboard interface is focused on transferring data from Amazon to Quickbooks, but does not provide much information about each transfer (revenue, cost, transfer trends)

Georg de Gorostiza

This is the best system I have used to get my AMZ sales data over to Xero

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Time saving and general happiness :)

Pros
Ease of use and TIME SAVING. When I can simply log in, click "Send to Xero" and that's it? How great is that. I love how all the accounts save and when there is a new one, you simply map it and it will remember for the next time. The setup is 'front-loaded', so once that's done; it's set it and forget it.

Cons
Switching between regions is a bit annoying. If I'm in my US marketplace and click to switch to my UK one, I have to refresh my connection to my Xero account each time. Mild nuisance.

Danny Rackow

Perfect for an Amazon bsuiness

Reviewed 2018-10-12

Pros
Provides all the data to Xero that is needed to keep accurate books

Cons
Would like it to integrate with my inventory program, SellerCloud to pas through my costs.

Ryan Wimmer, CPA

Best app to automate revenue entry into Xero (and other softwares)

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-03-14

It eliminates the need for complicated journal entries and cuts the time reconciling FBA to minutes.

Pros
FBA charges are very complicated. A2X is set up once by mapping accounts and then automatically imports data into Xero. It automatically splits the data between months, so regardless of when your payment comes in (which is every 2 weeks in my experience), the data is in the correct period. It will also give you default accounts which is great if you only sell on Amazon. This setup, along with a good online accounting software, can make your accounting work extremely easy and quick. Seriously, for the time I spent before doing journal entries, A2X is well worth the price. I currently use this software for all clients selling on Amazon.

Cons
The worst part is more on Amazon's side, with their myriad of charge types, inventory types and revenue types. A2X doesn't have any cons in my experience except that the initial mapping can take some time to work out.

Catherine Fogarty

If you're not using A2X for Amazon Accounting you're doing it wrong!

Reviewed 2018-07-17

Pros
Easy to use and immediately saw the value. Splitting Amazon deposits between months was a brutal exercise and now A2X handles it all. A2X & Xero is a a no brainer tech stack for any Amazon seller.

Cons
That it doesn't work for other sales channels.