Minute7 Reviews

Minute7

QuickBooks Time and Expense Tracker for Professional Firms

Minute7

Review Summary

Pros

I also really like how helpful and friendly the Minute7 support team is. Always helps resolves my issues and does so in a timely manner.

Mande F.

I am using Timesheet tool which is easy to use. Very nice features & functionality with quality.

ANAND M.

Scott C.

Cons

The process of adding new clients and syncing with QBO is clumsy. The worst part is that we are unable to bill in 1/10's of an hour; instead M7/QBO converts the decimal points to minutes.

Robert T.

I often confuse the date from the week date picker for entry from the week date picker for the view just below it and have entered information on the wrong dates and have to go back and correct.

Joe E.

Since this is an American product, taxes are not accounted for in the expenses. Some employees found it tricky to use or have had login problems.

Taylor D.

4 years and counting..

My overall experience with Minute7 has been great. In the past 4 years, I have contacted customer service only two times and in both cases, the issues were quickly address and resolved.

Pros

Being able to track time by employee at the customer/job level and sync the entries into QuickBooks Desktop seamlessly is what I like most about Minute7!

Cons

One improvement I'd love to see, would be the ability to synchronize time entries for one specific customer/job as needed, instead of all time entries across the board.

Everything we needed for time tracking - getting closer on expenses

We are simply trying to focus our resources on providing a better experience for our clients versus spending time on low value add activities. Minute7 easily saves us 1-2 hours per payroll versus recording time a different way and manually reentering into QB.

Pros

What we liked the most was that we were able to transition from our Google Sheets time cards (requiring double entry into QB) to Minute7 with minimal training or change to our business processes. The time we save on payroll is just outstanding.

Cons

Expense entry is still lacking in a number of areas. In general, after importing expenses into QB we are having to manually touch entries to align with how we need to account for our expenses. There are a number of fields in Minute7 that are mandatory that shouldn't be (Expenses are not required to be assigned to a Job) nor do we have the ability to specify expenses as Items (Job Related - with the associated Item Type Selection) or Expenses (Overhead). Fix that and M7 will be perfect

Good value

Good experience with support and helping find issues. We use two instances for different companies and currency which adds a level of confusion for some users. Like the security (approved/synced) and Activity log which is overlooked by other applications.

Pros

Best features: uploading receipts and having them link to QBO Easy to use and teach others as users as well as approvers of time and expenses

Cons

Lack of connectivity to more than one application. When updates/upgrades are done, they often change the data so that any connections via CSV or Excel import/export are changed, accents missing from letters, extra space, order of fields exported..... Customization, when a customer/job is chosen then only the correct service type should appear and class.

Great Time Tracking, Responsive Support!

I recommend this all the time to our clients over the more fancy and expensive alternative being pushed with QB.

Pros

This software is much more flexible than the native time tracking in QBO, and was so much easier to set up and use than the alternative for use with Quickbooks Online. I love that it can be synced seamlessly with QBO for invoicing.

Cons

Early on, there were a couple glitchy things with the rate coming over from minute7 onto an invoice in QBO. This happened because QBO requires a rate per hour for posting time entries, and minute7 doesn't, so we had items for one employee in particular that kept populating our auto-generated invoices at an incorrect hourly rate. BUT the minute7 support team was great in helping us with this. We learned that if we let the invoices auto-generate BEFORE we sync the time over to QB, the problem goes away and all the hourly rates are correct.

Minute7 Is A Great Accountability Tool

Minute7 has been a fantastic timekeeping tool for our business. It integrates easily with Quickbooks, allows for ease of use when entering client time, has custom reports available, and the price point is right. We work with a lot of government clients that demand a high level of timekeeping accountability, and this product helps us keep more accountable to our clients.

Pros

Minute7 has an ease of use for users, unlike other products I've tested. Just plug in the client, the rate, and the description of work and you're good to go. The ability to run reports per user or per client is easy and saves time when billing clients.

Cons

Integration with existing business products was seamless, especially considering they are a partner of Quickbooks. Sometimes the date ranges on time entry are off, but a simple refresh of the browser window typically takes care of this, especially after being logged in for long periods of time.

Don't Forget to Send in Your Time Sheet!

I love that Minute 7 makes the dreaded reminder from accounting that "you have not submitted your time sheets for this week yet". For me, it was a regular occurrence. I had to stop what I was working on to back track and try to recall what I was doing for the past week! Always a pain and, yep. an embarrassment. This is all the more annoying when the client needs specific details on what I was working on at the time! I get a daily email reminder using Minute 7. No nagging calls from accounting! I can easily enter my time and work description right then! Easy and no pain!

Pros

Ease of use and peace of mind. The interface and overall design is excellent.

Cons

Synching with Quickbooks. I still have to think about jhow to do that. Its easy to do ,but also awkward

Easy to Use!

Time entry; remote worker time entry and review

Pros

Syncs well with QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks online. Prompt customer support. Very easy to use.

Cons

Would like more notifications, e.g. email notification if timer is kept running for a set amount of time based on customer's preference.

Honest Review of Minute 7 - Small Business Owner

We like it. It has saved us about 10 hrs. / week vs. doing everything we were doing by hand. With multiple invoices coming in from our 1099 consultants with separate formats, it was getting downright confusing. This ensures consistency in time recording and an easy-ish method of creating reports for invoicing clients etc.

Pros

I love that I can do reports for my 1099 people for both expenses and time. I like that my dashboard is easily sorted by drop-down choices for dates and personnel names.

Cons

We do not use the payroll function in QB right now for 1099 employees so I would love to see an option where I do not have to sync with QB constantly. I have to enter the 1099 employee info in QB just to be able to see it on Minute 7 for queries. I have to enter employees separately in QB as vendors too so we can sort for expenses etc. It would be much easier for us if we just had the option to use the software independent of QB for certain employees where we can enter field values etc...straight into Minute 7.

Perfect for our needs

Pros

Minute7 has lots of options. But it is also possible to simplify and use for basic time and expenses.

Cons

I would like to have access to more written instructions instead of videos.

Works very well!

We used to write down our hours and then have to log them manually. Extra time several times over. Admin would spend fifteen minutes alone just on not begin able to read handwriting or whatever. Now it's a click of a few buttons and everyone's time is ready to invoice in Quickbooks!

Pros

I needed a software that would let me track time, and then coordinate easily with my desktop Quickbooks. This works like a charm. Easily synced up with every client and item in Quickbooks and has saved hours in data entry in just a few months. Great features where I can limit employees to logging hours only on the items that have their rate.

Cons

I find the syncing software to feel a little underbaked. But it works just fine! Just wish it could be intergrated into the software itself as a button to press!

Long time Minute7 user

We improved our job/service setup time and transfer of information from QB to users and the return of user time entries to QB has been seamless and is a huge time saver over the previous method we had been using.

Pros

We first chose Minute7 based on our need for integrating with Quickbooks desktop. Prior to M7 we were using the QB Timer File program that was difficult to keep current and distribute to individual users. The M7 sync with QB lets us set up new customers, projects and service items very quickly and have it instantly available to our employees for charging time and for transferring time back to QB at the end of the week. We also like the options for having a running timer, direct entry of hours or setting start/finish times. The large data field for time entry notes is also very useful.

Cons

We miss the previous more columnar interface that was a bit easier to use when reviewing and approving time entries. The current interface is great for the individual employee but not quite as useful for the time reviewer.

Ease of Use and Cost Effectiveness Make Minute 7 a Winner

Minute 7 is a simple and easy solution to make sure we are capturing and billing all the time worked for clients. It syncs effortlessly and really works well for the work we do. On the few occasions I have run into a problem, the support staff is accessible and responsive (even nights and weekends) and they help me fix the immediate issue as well as instruct me so it doesn't happen again.

Pros

It is easy to use from the standpoint of the attorneys and the administrator. It is easy to set up a new attorney and easy for them to use. Being able to submit time from their mobile phones is a bonus. We don't lose out on travel time and time working with a client in another location.

Cons

Every once in a while I will get duplicates when I pull through to billing. I need to watch the invoices to be sure an item doesn't show up more than one month in a row. It's a random problem for which I haven't gotten a solution. Support has been extremely responsive, even on nights and weekends, on the few occasions when I have run into other problems. They've even helped me with instructions for the attorneys so that one-off errors are not repeated.

Great for integrating timesheets with QB billing

Integration set up has been pretty straightforward. The support we have received has always been quick and friendly.

Pros

Integrates with QuickBooks desktop seamlessly. Customer support is fast and helpful.

Cons

Occasionally, your data bases will get messed up and caused us loss of records. This isn’t about things that I don’t like about the software, but features that would help it: It would be nice to integrate some sort of budgeting feature where we can assign a budget to a project, hourly rate to employees, and allow employees to see how much time/money is left in the budget so they don’t go over budget with fixed fee services.

Minute 7

Overall we are very happy with the outcome of using minute 7 as part of the finance department. The application has provided the opportunity to better control project budgets and also streamlines some of our accounting deliverables.

Pros

The software application allows for quick daily or weekly entries related to specific projects. Love the reports feature and options.

Cons

The application was easy to integrate into our platform. I would like for the date to automatically fall under the current day when entering time.

Perfect solution

Simple to install, use, and maintain. Well worth the cost and much more.

Pros

Minute7 is a game changer. It streamInes invoice preparation, provides every detail available about our employee work on client accounts, and delivers instant reports for tax payments by jurisdiction. Minute7 absolutely pays for itself. We save much more money using it when compared to the low price of this fabulous product.

Cons

The initial mobile app had many bugs, but later upgrades vastly improved it.

Minute 7 Has worked for my Company

I have had a satisfying and positive experience with this product.

Pros

The minute 7 software is fairly intuitive and easy to use with a minimum of training. I enjoy that I can access the software anywhere and that it is available on my phone. This software has saved me significant time on inputting hours and expenses.

Cons

Early on, syncing a little patchy and sometimes the system we used would go down, but since 2018, that has improved significantly and those are rare occurrences. They may also have been a result of our company getting used to the new system.

Multi-Project Mastery

I like how easy it is, how I can track, make changes, and submit time and handle multiple projects

Pros

I am often involved in a multitude of projects where some are just sstarting, some are in mid-term and some are finishing. Keeping track of time across all of them is really easy with Minute 7 and setting up the projects appears quick for my admin as well

Cons

The reports for the time entered are not as easy to find and generate and then us, send, print, etc. I know that Minute 7 is connected to QuickBooks but in my case I like to use the tracked time for invoicing the clients who I am completing the projects for and that is not really part of how Minute 7 seems to be setup. Not all seat holders are employees of a company to which the time is reported in Quickbooks.

Excellent time & expense tracking for our size organization

Really, I chose it from about 10 different candidates, and it is an excellent fit for us. Not laden with features I have to work around to ignore. Enables us to manage just as we want.

Pros

This software was able to mirror almost exactly what we were doing manually, so virtually no training or up time required. Additionally, it added electronic expense submission, Quick Books integration, and on-demand reporting, significant time savers for every user function.

Cons

Initially, assigning the classes was a little confusing because of them having to be in QB before we could see them... so from our perspective, backwards in how we work typically. But after we got used to that, all good. Lastly, it would be nice as the administrator, if I had an admin section and a user section like everyone else so when keeping my own time and expenses I could only see the stuff specifically applicable to my day-to-day work. But, we're small so not a big deal.

Excellent tool! Great price!

I love this product and will continue to use it!

Pros

I love being able to put in my billable and non-billable time for projects. It is easy and straightforward. I chose this product because it easily syncs with Quickbooks!

Cons

One of the main issues I have is with the projects listed. As the administrator all the projects show up on my timesheet. I would like to limit what I see - just like I can limit what the users see. I would also like to not show in the project list those that are completed and marked complete in QBO.

Minute7 Review

Very positive except for the issues with the last update, which almost caused us to investigate other time and expense reporting options as the issues persisted for approximately 2 weeks.

Pros

It includes tools to track both expenses and time entries. Integrates with Minute7.

Cons

It did not work well after the last update, which caused a lot of errors in reporting and invoicing.

Pretty Good, Could Use a Few Tweaks

Despite my complaints, I would say on the whole this has been a positive experience.

Pros

Minute7 is easy to use, relatively intuitive to learn the basics, and unobtrusive.

Cons

The user interface leaves some things to be desired. It would be nice if the timer and time entry defaulted to the last client that I was billing for, instead of making me select it from the drop down menu each time. Ditto for the drop down that I use to select time increments -- if I bill in six minute increments for one client, you can assume I do it for all my clients, so why do I have to keep setting it from a drop down menu? Searching for and reviewing old time entries is more cumbersome than it should be.

Works fine for me (technology consultant with QuickBooks Premier Pro Services)

Trying to decrease the amount of “lost time” due to sloppy timekeeping.

Pros

I use a Windows PC as my primary machine, an Android phone as my primary mobile device, and an iPad as an e-reader and testing platform. Minute7 supports all three platforms with a client that looks more alike than different from one to the next. Sync from QB Desktop hasn’t failed yet.

Cons

Setting up QB Desktop may be a bit challenging for non-technical users (at least as much Intuit’s fault as Minute7’s).

Attorney User Review

Pros

Search capability makes it easy to bill to numerous files worked on during the day.

Cons

The lack of autofill for certain entries that I make every day, such as "review and revision,' or "conference with," etc. Prior software I used could be customized so that typing "rr" and a space would autofill "review and revision of," and typing "tcw" and a space would autofill "telephone conference with." This feature would reduce the amount of time consumed by typing frequently used phrases.

Creating Invoices

It has been great other than my con listed above.

Pros

I love how easy this product is to use. We really do enjoy using it.

Cons

When I sync the timesheets to quickbooks, the entries for the same date are not in the order they were entered into the minute 7 program. For example, court appearance for hearing will be typed in after prepare for court appearance, but the prepare for will show up after. This happens all the time. Often times, I have to put them in order on the actual invoice because they did not sync in order. This is so frustrating but because we like the product, we stick with it. I hope this can be updated to sync in the order they were entered. Thanks.

Easy to use for timekeeping and expenses

I enjoy the software and would totally recommend for someone looking for a simple, easy to use, platform. The web interface is easy to use. The mobile app is serviceable and not overly difficult.

Pros

I like the web interface that is cloud hosted, so accessible from any web browser. Having the option of daily or week view is a good feature. The search function is servicable.

Cons

There do not seem to be a lot of customizable options available for projects (based on the way ours is set up). If you need to break the project up into phases, you have to enter values into the comments instead of having an optional pulldown. The mobile app could be stronger. If I enter an expense for a project, the next expense should hold that info, or offer a button to continue or reset. It tends to lose connectivity but doesn't log you out, so that is a manual process.