NephroChoice Reviews

Pros

Ease of use, professional/technologically up-to-date, GREAT customer service, fair price for what you get (It's really does way more than we imagined!), it is now Mac-friendly (!).

Lyndi F.

Conclusion - Great program, fair price (way less than one that I looked at that was comparable), wonderful customer service, and a company dedicated to being the best.

Lyndi F.

We love the product...it is very comprehensive covers all of are needs. It is also perfect for a small office the initial investment and on going costs are something we could afford.

Kim S.

Cons

Worse than that, when you are learning the system, they provide long boring video tutorials with way too much detail about what every single button does.

Chris J.

Aston G.

I had to discard hours of work and dollars spent to accept another template in their library. Customer service is absolutely horrible.

Sheila H.

3.5

Joining the 21st Century

We are a small, single provider medical speech pathology practice. We knew that electronic medical records would benefit the business, but weren't sure which company to use since we were so small. We found Isalus, and we are so glad we did. We utilize the following parts of Isalus: electronic scheduling and reminders, electronic medical records and billing m.d. We transitioned our patient scheduling...

Pros

Fully integrated, able to choose various parts of the product that we need, don't have to pay for what we don't need. High level of information available from one screen and pop-ups. Scheduling and Billing MD are superlative!

Cons

Because Isalus has so many features and allows the user to do so many things, there is some learning curve. Give yourself time, ask questions, and you'll get it!

Superior by far

Pros

The Isalus system allows nothing to be hidden. As a billing company we have used it for 15 years and it is our chosen platform and very comparative in cost. Most software ran requires massive amounts of reports to find problems. However in Isalus everything you need will return on one screen. Submitting claims in Isalus is quick and easy. As a billing company we run 3 different billing software...

Cons

Screens and reports are small print. Collection letter is lacking functionality. Does not integrate with a merchant service for integrated credit card processing. However all in all those things are very unimportant in the scheme of review when comparing to the other two software we are forced to use due to a emr integration.

Review of Isalus EHR

This software is advertised as being free. As expected, that claim is to good to be true. The program is free, however the training is not. They have created a bunch of training videos that will explain all the features of the software, however unless you are paying the fees you have no access to the videos. The software seems like it works well and has all the features that a clinician/clinic would need including easy scheduling and billing. I think the charting portion is more complicated and less intuitive than it should be. The customer service department is really nice and helpful, but it is not possible to make use of the free platform and becomes cost prohibitive for a small physical therapy practice.

Pros

Easy scheduling. Nice customer service.

Cons

The biggest drawback to to this software is that it will not work with Google Chrome. I think it is designed to work well with apple products, but not with a pc using Google Chrome. It does open with internet explorer, but it is really inconvenient to have to go back and forth between Chrome and Explorer. As I have already mentioned, this software is not actually free as advertised unless you never need to ask a question or have a problem with the program. It is cost prohibitive for a small PT practice.

iSalus for Private Practice Psychologist

We started using iSalus after trying two other online EMR and billing programs. We're were trying to go "cheap" and the first one we used was a total disaster (like, something from the early 80's), and the second one we tried was not bad, but we came up against barriers several times that they didn't think were very important (thus refused to fix), and their customer service was horrific. WELL, then...

Pros

Cons

Really, I can't think of anything. Before they rolled out the Mac-friendly program it was difficult (I had to carry 2 computers) - but that changed this month.

Excellent option, great support, flexible packages

I'm still in inital stages of setting it up for my practice. So far, I have had a very positive experience in terms of timeliness, organization and direction with the set up process. I am being trained to navigate and customize the software to my needs. I'm looking forward to completing this process and becoming alive soon.

Pros

Easy to navigate, training videos, customized taining videos are very helpful. This program is unique in the sense that it offers the flexibility to operate with solo provider at very affordable price to a multi provider of office type practice. Offers completly paperless options, ease of scheduling through phone or laptop from anywhere.

Cons

minor issues of customization of templates is unavoidable

Not good for the Small practice wanting Instant accounting

Pros

@ $/month / per doctor, nothing beats its functionality. Powerful structure - can expand easily Modifiable - For a fee (some incl. in initial purchase), iSALUS can make the Notes section meet you personal needs so taking thorough notes does not interfere with pt care/attention.

Cons

The accounting does not update in real-time. This means a receipt you give the patient will ONLY include their payment (without the balance) OR it will include EVERYTHING EXCEPT the payment they just made. Printing a statement with the patient's or insur. previous payments requires navigating through approx 4 windows, LITERALLY. Even finding their balance requires almost that same degree of navigation. ...and even then, is this their PRESENT balance, or do I need to wait for the day's-end "batch closing" to know what the REALLY owe. There is VERY LITTLE that is intuitive about this program. Having used Medisoft, Office Ally's EHR, Autumn8, and evaluating numerous others, this program was made by accountants not clinicians.

Big disappointment!

When shopping for an EMR and Billing solution, the Isalus sales staff were the best. But it was a classic case of over-promising and under-delivery. I admit, I am not a billing clerk, just a therapist. But I have used 4 other EMR programs for other companies in the best. Office EMR is overly complicated, in terms of the number of clicks or steps required to complete any action. On any given screen...

Pros

Friendly sales staff created great initial impression.

Cons

Difficulty of completely all tasks within the system. So many steps that have to be remembered due to user-unfriendly nature of the system and overly-complex set up. This reminds me of when I started using a IBM-style computer decades ago (before Apple came out with a user friendly operating system) and got the C: on the start up screen. The system is that un-helpful. Staff referring you to watch a video when you have a situation. If the videos were short and to the point, that would be help. They are not.

Be careful of contracts and RCM terms

This company hold you to broad contracts. We recently lost a provider and had one retire and they continue to charge us 450 per provider until our contract is up and agreed to remove those providers if we signed another 2 year contract. Also their RCM left us with loss of over 300k in AR do to lack of denial working and medical records requests. They would also post entire collections to 1 DOS in patient accounts causing us to hire other outside help to post all the payments so we could send correct statements.

Pros

I liked that there was some customization to it and in 2017 this was relatively new for most softwares.

Cons

End result documentation. Time to do notes. Work flow of the program. Takes my providers much longer to do notes then some of the newer programs we have recently tested. Also the turn around time on changes can take month and in some cases never occur.

Difficult, Questionable information

Pros

Scheduler was nice, easy to use, messenger was good too

Cons

inconsistent report info, if you have features you'd like to have it costs money to have them implemented.

Amazing!

This software has been extremely easy to integrate in our office. Thankfully they customized so many areas to make it fit into our practice. Many of the features are built for Medical Offices, but they customized it to work with our Chiropractor practice. I think the engineering and integration team at iSALUS has been a huge bonus.

Pros

The software has been very reliable compared to previous software that we have used. There has been little to no downtime whatsoever.

Cons

There are a few areas of the product that are inconvenient and that is being unable to delete charts that were done in error, as well as, deleting accounts that are no longer needed. Having to use Internet Explorer, from an IT standpoint, has been a huge downside. Is this a deal breaker? Absolutely not.

Easy to navigate

Easy to navigate through

Pros

The software is easy to get around compared to other EHR systems I have used. Easy to add new patients.

Cons

Freezes up from time to time. Seems to have a mind of its own from time to time. At times it is difficult to add documents to patients file.

iSalus

The EHR software has a lot of great features and templates for ease of use. It does take a little getting used to, but there are multiple links to get refreshed if you forget the right path for completing a task. iSalus gives you the option of doing your own billing with several package price points, or taking care of your billing for you. They are not heavy in the sales side, but truly listen to your needs and guide you toward cost effective options.

Pros

Customer Service is great. You are assigned someone from both the EHR side and the billing side to assist you with onboarding and set up. They are very responsive to questions.

Cons

Takes a while to learn all the functionality of all the features, less intuitive than it seemed at first. But is does have lots of options for finding the information you need.

You get what you pay for

I am only a user of the software. In both situations , The employer requested vendors to modify software to be used by mental health practitioners. In contrast to PIMSY, This software lacks intuitive use , extremely poor customer support even for simple things such as printing off reports and provides no tutorials on how to use the software. My colleagues wrote up the instructions for how to get in and out of the modules. Yes, I'm writing this out of frustration, but I need to use it every day, and printing out one report should not take more than an hour and a half. Sometimes treatment plans have to be provided to outside sources such as court. I can write up what I need faster than inputting it and processing it in this system.

Pros

The scheduler and mobile application. It's limited but I can see who is scheduled for my day.

Cons

Customer support and the inability to edit my progress notes and treatment plans. And, training.

Good

Pros

iSalus EHR is highly efficient and very easy to use. I got the hang of the layout pretty easily and it's very confidentially with patient information.

Cons

The software could use some mi or improvements in order to better customize the program for individuals.

satisfactory

Pros

Very good support and applications. Specific information about areas of interest.Very insightful. Ease of use.

Cons

Representative attitude and ease of navigation. Initial follow up with support with the software very minimal.

Disappointed!!

Truly disappointed!!

Pros

I appreciated the woman who did work hard to help set up the program. She was informed, patient and helpful.

Cons

The templates I paid to have developed did not work. It was total word salad and unable to read. I had to discard hours of work and dollars spent to accept another template in their library . Customer service is absolutely horrible! They don’t call. They close out questions without a resolution. You can’t talk with a tech. Very frustrating!! I was told this was a user friendly program, customizable and MIPS compliant. Not true!

Isalus Kicks the Can

Isalus talks a big game RE customization but we've used them for 5 years and nothing ever improves. They also engage in billing strategies that at best are suspect and at worst, by some people, might be classified as racketeering.

Pros

no pros.

Cons

you have to use a 3rd party vendor to do anything extra and they charge a fee for each one

Great EHR software

Pros

Price is minimal for electronic software (free) however if you choose to use the billing option you pay a fee.

Cons

The fee for electronic billing software should be kept minimal, better way of faxing or scanning in paper records.

The transition has been easy, with a huge thanks to Austin!! He was the best.

The ease of use.

Pros

The whole system has been easy to navigate and everything that I need can be found in one place.. plus the tech support has been so helpful in answering any questions and guiding me through the way.

Cons

At first I did not like that you had to use the ID card to pull up all the demographics and insurance info, but have since then gotten used to it.

Easy learning product

Pros

The product is easy to access and go between scheduler and EMR. It's easy to find what you are looking for in the EMR (ex. - letters, prescriptions, etc.). Search is easy.

Cons

After the most recent update, you can't save Country in patient setup. You can't close out of a patient after you just pulled them up in the EMR. I like to close each patient out when I'm done so I make sure not to save any notes, etc. under the wrong patient.

Chiropractors stay clear away from this. Slow, complicated, terrible notes, not a good fit.

Nothing

Pros

The automatic payment posting is nice. The ability to scan directly into a patient's record is nice. The initiation team is good. The calendar is pretty good and appointment reminders are nice.

Cons

Extremely slow even with fast DSL (waiting 5-10sec or so after each click). The per claim charge is too high and they charge you for the highest of claims out and ERA in so I often paid twice per claim

I am an office administrator and use iSalus in every aspect of my job.

Pros

iSalus replaces appointment books, receipts, etc., making patient check in/out, taking payment, receipts, etc. much easier.

Cons

I'm not a fan of some of the changes that occur (without warning), and when I open iSalus, I have to go through all the training before I can check in patients. Many of the changes are great, but it seems like when one change occurs, a few others (which were working well before) will have problems. Ex: Unable to enter data in certain areas that I could before.

Wonderful Product and Support

The iSalus integrated software has great functionality and is easy to use. The support is prompt and knowledgeable.

Pros

I love the look of the product. The product learns and builds lists according to most common choices within the system.

Cons

Your practice at your fingertips

iSalus is very easy to use, with customized features and easy to navigate drop down menus and pre filled items for your practice making it worth the expense in exchange for the amount of time you save. It also has a mobile app which can be utilized to document on the go using your mobile device's voice dictation feature.

Pros

Everything

Cons

The time it takes to complete customizing.

iSalus Electronic Healthcare Software is well designed but the company needs to battle technical pitfalls...

I like the software but it only runs off of internet explorer and the program crashes frequently (necessitating new log-in)

Pros

Good customer training personnel

Cons

Internet Explorer is the only browser you can use... The program very prone to crashing...