Practice Pro Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.43/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Excellent experience with excellent customer service. Great onboarding experience as well.
I also dislike that I am unable to see my patients' future visits (date and time) under their file.
This was a problem, since I need to bill services everyday so I can get reimbursements for them.

Practice Pro users...

Microsoft Excel-logocaret

Microsoft Excel

Practice Fusion-logocaret

Practice Fusion

How would you rate Practice Pro?

Newbie to industry and PTPP software

Pros

The product is very user-friendly and very easy to navigate. The drop-down menus are especially helpful to me as a new person to the industry. It's easy to enter an appointment for a new client and to verify appointments times, arrivals and reschedules. I haven't had any direct contact with the vendor.

Cons

I printed out weekly appointment calendars for the wrong weeks. You have to pay close attention to the date ranges as they don't automatically change in each screen. It would be helpful to have a couple of places on the patient info screen to list contact names and corresponding contact numbers.

A good software with a few quirks

Pros

It's fairly easy to use and you can create your own templates and pre-set templates.

Cons

There are a lot of options and without proper training, it could get overwhelming.

Convenient and Great Support

Pros

I appreciate how this system allows you to draw information from previous sessions in the flowsheet which saves a lot of time. I also like how you can customize templates, and if you have sections that you end up not using, it doesn't show up on the document itself.

Cons

Some information are difficult to find and I have to click through different sections to find the correct one. It also can be finicky which makes it frustrating if the internet isn't properly working.

PT Pro meets our needs for Scheduling, Documentation, and Billing.

Pros

As insurance companies make more demands on therapists, PT Pro updates the software to make their job easier. Updates are frequent and relevant. The software is accessible from any computer without needing a software installation. The help desk is always available via phone or email. We have never been left alone.

Cons

As a platform that is shared across all clients, sometimes a change that is required for one client may not be beneficial to another.

Transition issues

Not necessarily the fault of Practice Pro, just not the right time for our practice to implement a new software.

Pros

We demo'd this software as a potential to replace our current billing software: SOAPware. the interface seemed clean but we were not in a place to undertake another software transition on this size.

Cons

We had just finished transitioning from eClinicalworks as our EMR provider and our practice was not positioned to undertake another major software transition.

Very thorough!

PTpracticePro has gone a long way to ensure compliance with authorization reminders, simplifying flowsheets and daily notes, and improving reimbursement through proper coding!

Pros

Great customer support, always available to take questions, able to walk you through most anything that comes up, never impatient no matter how many times I contact them with questions. :-)

Cons

Not having all of patient chart info(demographics, physician, and patient notes/evals) on one page.

Physical Therapist/Administrator

Pros

I appreciate the individuality of the program to meet my specific needs as a physical therapist. It allows for streamlined work in varying capacities.

Cons

It lacks the ability to respond to followups. It becomes awkward to communicate back and forth utilizing followups only.

Finicky but Functional

Pros

The evaluation/re-evaluations area allows for modular additions to allow a high customization without having to freehand. The daily notes for practitioners allow a focus on the interventions without having to change tabs to address input for the SOAP section.

Cons

Often timely as the page requires frequent reloading in order to make additions, not the fastest software I've ever used.

PT Practice Pro

Pros

It is easy to schedule and look up patient files.

Cons

It does crash a lot and some features change without warning.

SLP & Owner

Pros

Not only is PT Pro an efficient document storage and billing system, it makes documentation so simple! With today's requirements for reimbursement, this type of system is a must.

Cons

It is a bit of an investment, but typically quality products cost a little bit. While there are free or lower cost options around, they are typically lacking in one area or another (product support, customization, do not offer all in one billing, EMR, and simplification of documentation).

PT Practice Pro is working well for our company!

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and makes it easy to access all of a client's information in one place. The vendor is also quick to respond when I have had technical issues when first learning to use the software. I also appreciate how willing the vendor has been to work with our company to customize the software for our needs.

Cons

The mobile version is not as user-friendly, so I often use the desktop version when documenting or using the software on my iPad.

We have been happy with the system so far

Pros

We like that it is an end-to-end solution. We have been happy with the way the system is customizeable on many fronts. The management reports are a strong asset to the system. We have been happy with the quick support that we received and the relationship we have developed.

Cons

It would be great if the add-ons could be an integrated price into the system. Additionally, we would like to see the marketing reports strengthened.

PT Practice Pro Support is fabulous

Pros

We love the support team at PT Practice Pro. The software is intuitive, user friendly, and provides fantastic reporting. We are still learning PT Practice Pro. Like all software it has little idiosyncrasies - but the team at PT Practice Pro are refining this product constantly and they listen to their customers. The people at PT Practice Pro are very responsive and very helpful in working with us and helping learn the ropes.

Cons

Slow - being web based there are some times when it needs to be faster. Some interfaces are redundant Saving - some saving could be made automatic

Owner of a clinic that uses the program

Pros

The product is all-in-one, and they integrate scheduling, billing, and documentation so you do not have to put information in multiple programs. The documentation portion is great; it is flexible and can be tailored to each therapist.

Cons

The scheduler speed can be slow, and the toolbar tab disappears when you scroll down.

AT reviewer

Very positive experience with practice pro

Pros

The ease of being able to copy notes from one day to the next. It allows me to see what we did last time as a refresher and what things need to be changed.

Cons

I am not familiar with all aspects of the software so I am not completely certain.

Exciting change!

Pros

I like how you can write follow-up notes to remind yourself when the time comes to write up specific documents. I like having evaluation templates to work off of. And I find the summation reports to be beneficial when reconciling my pay statements.

Cons

I do find some of the buttons to be a bit glitchy. Sometimes, I need to refresh or hit the same button multiple times for a function to complete.

Efficient, for the most part, and user-friendly!

Pros

I like how this program is user-friendly and saves time on paperwork and documentation.

Cons

I think there are a few more ways that this product could allow for more efficiency. Sometimes, it is difficult to move from one part of the program to the next. It seems to take too much time going from one thing to the next. There are also several error messages that come up while I'm working on the weekends, causing me frustration because it disrupts my work. Also, the reports show all clinicians and their pay, which I think is inappropriate. There needs to be a way for one clinician to see their own billing without seeing others. This product has not been set up well for behavioral health providers; it seems to be geared more for medical professions.

Best product on the market! For any type of therapy practice!

Pros

The customer service is outstanding! They have never said they can't do something; they always find a way. They have made sure that the process is an easy transition and that we are happy and efficient. Also, the documentation. Since I'm a therapy business owner, documentation is huge for me! I need it to save time while also being compliant, and it does both.

Cons

So far, there's nothing that I am not satisfied with about this product.

PT Practice Pro Review

Pros

Patient information is well-organized, and the tabs are user-friendly. The Practice Pro system allows clinicians to easily navigate between patient cases, as well as ensure information is up to date.

Cons

The patient information bar on the side of the documentation screen tends to be incorrect. Initially, the tutorial instructions were slightly vague and made it difficult to learn all the features of the program.

Billing, scheduling, SOAPs all in one!

The videos are not easy to follow, but once I learned how to use it, the software is fairly user-friendly.

Pros

Billing, scheduling, SOAPs all in one! I enjoy viewing my co-workers' schedules as well.

Cons

How-to videos are very long. I do not integrate it with other apps.

Great Product

Pros

I like the fact that there are reports for everything you need. The vendor is quick at responding to a support ticket any time there is a question. I like that the icons have been updated to a more self-explanatory look.

Cons

The thing I like least is that on followups, it sometimes does not show who the user is when they are responding to a message, and sometimes, there are so many that it is hard to remember who it was originally sent to.

PT Practice Pro Review

Pros

PT Practice Pro allows users the ability to provide them with ideas on how to improve program efficiency, as well as the fact that users are able to call and speak to a live representative for resolution when experiencing an issue.

Cons

When technicians are working on issues or updates, there are times when the program goes slow or freezes.

Takes a while to get used to, but becomes easier each day

Pros

I really like how I can access multiple things from the scheduling page and how I can keep track of the patients I need to schedule on my dashboard. Everything is very easy to access. I also like how I can send followups to anyone on the program. The vendor is doing a wonderful job. I would suggest this program to anyone.

Cons

I am not a fan of how things switch up from time to time. It just throws me off a little.

Practical

Just started using it due to my position and it has been pretty easy to navigate for a new user.

Pros

The ease of scheduling patients and adjusting appointments.

Cons

I haven't come across any real struggles to use the software

PT Practice Pro review

Pros

It is a very versatile product. It allows for independent changes per therapist, as well as owners/managers. I like the ease of billing. The vendors have been rapidly responsive to requested changes.

Cons

There are a few glitches which occur with updates. However, they are quickly fixed.