WeCounsel Reviews

Scalable telemedicine software solution

WeCounsel

Review Summary

Megan P.

Easy to use, functionality is top notch, great quality with audio and visual. Will recommend to others.

Nelly F.

Megan P.

Cons

I am always cautious when I see software that is web-based for therapists; especially with HIPAA laws and how there is always a risk that confidential information can be hacked into.

Amy V.

And when we have to quit a session and re-enter due to technical problems, it's even more confusing because WeCounsel thinks you're double-booking.

Emily W.

No tools to identify when there are lags in service.

Brent S.

4.1

A great way to video conference with clients

WeCounsel is a very easy-to-use platform for HIPAA compliant video conferencing, scheduling, messaging, and documentation. I love that everything is in one place. Despite having detailed instructions on how to use the video feature, clients still have struggled to get their video up and running on the first session. Some of their tech support agents are incredibly helpful and professional,...

Cons

Thank you for reaching out and providing your valuable feedback. We are so happy that you are having success with the software. We are happy to conduct test calls with all of your users to make sure they are set up for success prior to your sessions. If you've had a poor experience with support staff, we'd love to hear about it in detail so we can correct the issue. We answer calls during business hours right away and are working on extending hours of operation so evening support is available to you.We are also releasing a calendar sync feature very soon and we'll be sure to let you know when it's available. If you have any questions/concerns I haven't answered, please call 888-958-2885 opt. 4 and let's talk.

Easy to learn for provider's and patients

WeCounsel has allowed me to provide evaluation and psychotherapy online via a HIPAA compliant platform. The format is clear and direct allowing ease of use. The site is easy to navigate and explain to patients. The cost is very reasonable. They continue to add new features and functions to improve the experience. The customer support and technical support are exceptional. Their technical support people converse in simple, direct language in helping guide providers and patients through set up or technical challenges.

Pros

Cons

Patients sometimes have trouble locating how to schedule an appointment. They tend to click on Calendar which seems intuitive but this does not bring up my schedule.

Thank you for reaching out to provide your valuable feedback to our team! The calendar in the dashboard is the calendar for the user who is logged in. Some of our clients are actually connected to more than one provider, which is why they have to navigate to your availability to view it. Thank you for providing that commentary, however, we will look into ways we can make this more clear for clients. We will actually soon be removing the slider and an empty field will appear instead where you can enter any amount you want. I will make sure to let you know when this change is made. If there is any question/concern I haven't addressed please give me a call at 888-958-2885 opt.4 and let's talk!

Glitchy system overall

It wasn't the worst software I've tried, but definitely not the best. My biggest problem was the forms not working--once this was an issue for over a month, and cost me business and likely impacted trust with a referral source. Support was always nice and provided refunds when there were issues on their end for extended periods of time, but I just needed a reliable product. They weren't always good...

Pros

Customer support was friendly, but were not always great about providing updates. They were always willing to offer refunds when there were extended issues, though.

Cons

Video was often glitchy and the forms would not work periodically, which impacted my ability to accept and see clients. Appointment reminders had links to wrong sites. Support never responded to clients who had opened tickets.

Reality of Digital Counseling Fees/Usage

WeCounsel has a foundation that is excellent. The weaknesses are in the price and technical ease. In theory, it is more fair to charge per usage rather than a monthly fee, or at least have that as an option. The clients very often have difficulty navigating the technology, which can be discouraging. It would be nice to be able to play videos from the Internet to clients during sessions on WeCounsel or have access to a whiteboard or something.

Pros

Easy for techicnally knowledgeable people. Secure, Hippa Compliant, and billing.

Cons

Cost, client technical issues.

Thanks for reaching out with your valuable feedback. We are happy to hear you are having success with the software. We will do test calls with each of your clients to make sure they are setup for success prior to your first sessions. Our very affordable plans offer you unlimited video conferencing so you can have as many or as few calls as you need. With the screen share option, you can play videos on your computer screen to your clients and we are excited to release the whiteboard feature very soon! We will definitely let you know when that becomes available. If there is a concern/question that I haven't addressed, please give me a call at 888-958-2885 opt. 4 and let's talk.

Reasonably priced telemental health solution

Allows me to see out of state clients online.

Pros

The software is easy to use and continually adding features. It is HIPAA compliant ensuring privacy for clients. It has integrated scheduling, billing, messaging, and document functions.

Cons

Occasional glitches that interfere with video chat connection.

Repeatedly Promised And Did Not Deliver: Not for solo or small group practitioners

In the beginning it seemed good. Over time, connectivity decreased and essential features my business needed were not available at all, or needed much higher rates than already higher priced services. They messed up my billing for months, had very limited customer support and then made it REALLY difficult to leave their site by having the process of exporting client information be old-school clunky and difficult and done on an individual basis. I had to pay for hours of VA support to get my client data out of their system to move on. It ended up being a very costly and ineffective venture. I would never ever recommend this company to other small mental health practitioners.

Pros

They have many features a small practice practitioner would need. In the beginning connectivity was not often an issue

Cons

Limited customer support to troubleshoot- long delays with responses. They were not forthright about things their platform could not do and eventually ended up saying they were prioritizing larger businesses and could not help resolve repeated problems I was having with connectivity, and client access to scheduling. They don't allow small practices to have a VA able to support clinicians - instead you need to pay thousands a year. It felt deceptive and unhelpful.

Easy to use video chat platform for psychotherapy

Pros

I like the reasonable cost, ease of use for client and provider, and excellent technical support. The platform slows me to video chat, message, and schedule with clients.

Cons

There are occasional glitches or interruptions in the video streaming which can be frustrating. It is unclear if this is due to the platform or the user's internet signal strength.

Great! Keeps improving!

So far I'm really happy with this technology although there are times when depending on the WiFi at my clients end, or their use of mobile technology, it can take a little while to get into the session - I'm hoping they will work the kinks out, also can't seem to use it on Google Chrome only Firefox it would be great if that was more flexible too.

Pros

Ease of use, good price.

Cons

Doesn't work worth chrome. Sometimes have to restart the session depending on the plug-in used rather than the reading it automatically.

Thank you for reaching out and providing your valuable feedback! I'm so happy to hear that the software is working for you and would love to help improve your experience any way I can. Our success team will do individual test calls with each of your clients and you to make sure that you are setup for success prior to your first call. To request them, your clients can call, email or just press the Test Call Request button under resources. I hope this was helpful. If you need anything else, just give me a call at 888-958-2885 opt. 4. Thanks again!

Solid Product

I've been using this product for the past year for video sessions with established therapy clients. The customer support is excellent and they are quite responsive to troubleshooting that I needed to do when I first started using it. I maintain my own notes/electronic medical records, so I can't speak to that part of the system. The video quality can sometimes vary based on the internet quality of the client's location, but the sound is always clear. The cost is great!

Cons

Ms. Diederich, Thank you so much for providing your valuable feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. We are ecstatic to hear that you are successfully deploying the solution in your practice. As always if you need anything or have questions we are here to help. You can reach us at 888=958-2885. Thank you for your continued partnership.

Needs some tools.

I really like WeCounsel due to the affordability and peace of mind of HIPPA Compliance. From time to time there are some lags in video and sound. Sometimes it freezes for a minute at a time. I due believe that the addition of some ping type tools for people to figure out who's internet connection might be the problem would help in problem solving the tech issues.

Pros

Affordability and peace of mind with HIPPA Compliance.

Cons

No tools to identify when there are lags in service.

Thank you for reaching out with you very valuable feedback. You can test your internet connection at www.speedtest.net, but I love your suggestion of incorporating that into the site somehow. We have discussed this before and have been looking into ways to assist with and incorporate that information. Again, thank you so much for your feedback. If there is something we can do to help you further, please reach out. You can call 888-958-2885 opt. 4 to reach me. Would love to talk!

Cumbersome and lacks flexibility

I use WeCounsel for the video function only and wish the pricing packages were set up so that I am only paying for what I am using. Because I don't use the scheduling feature, it's confusing for clients because they think they need to request a session with me even though we are already scheduled through a different practice management system. More than half of my clients struggled with getting...

Pros

If your practice is solely online-based and you need a the practice management system, it's integrated in WeCounsel.

Cons

Video quality isn't better ham other options. Not easy to navigate around. Too many steps/lclicks to get into a session. No option to turn off scheduling or note taking features so you and client don't get prompts. No whiteboard feature despite being advertised.

Thank you for reaching out and providing your valuable feedback. Wecounsel offers a host of packages with different features. The Starter Plan sounds like best plan for you, but you don't have to use all the features included if you don't need them. You can even turn off your availability if you don't need clients to make requests.Our staff is happy to do a test call with each of your clients to make...

They were not willing to make changes I needed. They often said its coming

Not really user friendly enough for me.

Pros

The IT guy was nice but it took a lot of time sometimes for him to get back to me. They did not have a lot of complex charts to get through to simply connect with the client. They had few templated to utilize.

Cons

Cost is high, I got 1 person to answer me from directory and they emailed me a long dangerous email and I had said I did not want emails.They did always get back to me , but I really feel they did not do things to sort us out as people in the directory. It does not make sense that I got 1 referral after being listed for about 8 months. It is good that have no fancy graphs or other suchness that makes getting to the bare bones complex.

Hi Pamela! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. I am sorry to hear you did not receive more referrals from the Directory. The Directory is totally free to be a part of, so we certainly hope you'll continue to take advantage of that! In addition, our practice management software can be used for the in-person side of your practice as well, not just online clients. We provide a space for scheduling, secure email, chat, document storage and sharing and more! Quick response time is highly important to us, so I am very sorry to hear that you feel it took too long at times. We will look into this with our Customer Success Team to find ways of reducing response time. If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Great Product

WeCounsel has a very modern and user friendly interface that it easy and self-explanatory for both customer and clients to use. Their customer support is outstanding and they are always listening to their customers to make a superior product. They have been responsive to my requests and helped me through every step of the process. I feel more confident using this technology while being supported in my business model. They go the extra mile to make sure they understand what my needs are as a customer.

Pros

Ease of use and customer service.

Cons

Thank you for reaching out and offering your valuable feedback. If there is anything we can do to improve your experience, we want to go the extra mile for you.

WeCounsel saved my practice!

I relocated and moved my practice 18 months ago. Without WeCounsel helping me make my practice mobile, I would have had a really hard time rebuilding and the care for my established clients would have suffered. Thanks, WeCounsel. You're team really did save my practice!

Pros

It's reliability in session.

Cons

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. It's success stories like these that make everything we do worth while! We love that you are able to maintain continuity of care with your existing clients through our solutions. Great job and thanks for the work you do!

Great with some unconfortable problems!

It's my first experience and I like it! But most of my clients CAN'T open, speak, see and be seen by me on video talk, unfortunately!!! I didn't cancel my free test time; I want to run your contract with me, but have had an hard and dificult time on it! I used the suport people (they are nice) but the ptoblem continues. It's a pity!!!

Pros

It's complete on features

Cons

The conections with the clients' computers and devices

Thank you so much for reaching out to provide your valuable feedback. We hope to get any issues you may be having resolved. We will work individually with you to ensure you are able to connect with your clients each and every time. A representative has reached out to you to provide further information and offer assistance. If you'd like to contact us additionally, you can call 888-958-2885.

Great customer support

The customer support is great at WeCounsel. The interface lags occasionally, and can be tricky for clients to set up, but overall great service and support and value.

Pros

Customer service is great, and the calendar reminders for clients is perfect.

Cons

It is tricky for clients to set up, without assistance. The payment organization of the system is not in alignment with the way insurance reimbursement works, for those of us who take insurance or operate on varying pay scales.

Thank you so much for reaching out and providing your valuable feedback. We are very excited to have recently introduced several updates that will help with the key difficulties you seem to have had. We recently introduced the ability to enter an exact billing amount at the time of billing the client which will help with your scaled billing amounts. We are also introducing a superbill which will help with insurance claim submission. We have recently made several updates to the client experience to make it more intuitive and would love for you to join our focus group to provide more information about this if you have time. Please reach out to me at 888-958-2885 if you'd like to discuss this in more details and thanks again for your continued partnership!

Sean's take

i would like to be able to see the client's view of the system. This would help with getting them set up. I LOVE your customer support!

Pros

Cons

Difficulty in getting new folks set up.

Thank you for reaching out and providing your valuable feedback! You can watch this video https://youtu.be/sE0JcgAslug to see what exactly the provider and client experience will be when adding a client. Our Success team is always willing to help you onboard your clients and assist if you have questions, but hopefully this video makes it a little easier. We also provide each client with a checklist in their first email from us with steps to complete registration. Please let us know if you'd like a copy of this supplied to you as well. Please give me a call at 888-958-2885 opt.4 and we will get you in touch with some tools that can help.

Five Stars!!

I use wecounsel and love it. It is simple to use and reliable. I recommend this platform to anyone seeking to add telehealth to their practice.

Pros

Reliability Ease of use

Cons

First time users Browser settings

Thank you for reaching out with your valuable feedback! We are so happy to hear that you have been successfully leveraging our solutions in your practice. If there is anything else we can do to improve your experience, would love to hear it! Please don't hesitate to call 888-958-2885 to discuss and thanks again!

Great customer service

Our experience with WeCounsel has been awesome! Great customer service when we have encountered glitches or problems. Definitely recommend it.

Cons

Thank you so much for writing in and providing your valuable feedback! Love to hear that you are enjoying wecounsel and that our Success team has been able to help you with anything you've run into. One helpful tip with mobile devices is to always have your mobile device connected to a wireless internet connection when utilizing video conferencing. This tends to be more stable than a mobile network and will cut back on any difficulties you may have. If you would like to talk or run a test call with our team, just give us a call at 888-958-2885. Thanks again!

Supports my therapy business

I use WeCounsel for my in-person private practice. It provides the services I need: secure patient portal for messages, scheduling, reminders, and billing. Personal customer service. It has a lot of functions I don't use much. I did use the video conferencing once and it was super easy to connect with my client. I do wish they had a smartphone app and better calendar functions. Overall it does the job and I feel it is secure.

Cons

Ms. Kestler, Thank you for reaching out and providing your valuable feedback. It is great to hear you are using our client engagement and practice management tools successfully in your practice. I wanted to let you know that we are actually releasing a smartphone app and upgrades to our calendar and scheduling capabilities over the next few months. We will be sure to send out an email whenever this is deployed to the site!

Reasonable rates and great customer service!

We counsel is great. Their customer service is exceptional. My patients are able to contact wecounsel for help with signing on which is extremly helpful because my patients can be ready for their session. The cost is what made me switch from my other provider. Their rates are affordable especially for the services that you receive.

Pros

Affordability, customer service, easy interface.

Cons

It can be difficult to get signed on. Some of my online therapy tools can not be shared via the interface like my old service.

Thank you so much for providing your valuable feedback! We are so happy to hear of your success using our solutions with your clients. We know our providers can benefit from things like calendar integrations and improvements to some features and we are releasing some of these very helpful tools in the near future! I hope the upgrades we release will help you even more!

Could use a little help

Overall I like using the site. One frustration is that if I forget to save a note, it disappears or if I save it and then want to add something, I cannot edit it. Being able to edit a note is an important function for record keeping. I have not used the billing so cannot comment. I am getting billed twice a month by something called Vidio health and it is difficult to reach them to have this corrected. I am not even sure this is billing related to your site?? I have been referred to support@Stryke.com, but they do not spell "stryke" - so am not sure I will actually reach them with this concern! Value for money is difficulty to assess when I am getting double charged every month!

Cons

Thank you so much for reaching out. I'm so glad I was able to speak with you today about the concerns you have. Our note taking capability allows you to save the note and then create an addendum after the note has been saved if you need to make any adjustments. We love getting feedback on our features and are working toward enhancing functionality, so your feedback will definitely be considered when deicing how to improve this functionality. Regarding your account questions, I am personally looking into your account and we can work towards getting anything wrong resolved, if necessary. Our support team is accessible by email phone and chat. support@wecounsel.com 888-958-2885 and chat us at www.wecounsel.com!

Organized Tool for Therapists

This is a great tool for therapists and allows them to join its community and expand/improve therapists' tools and effectiveness.

Pros

I love the directory option in WeCounsel, especially for therapists attempting to build their clientele lists at the beginning of their practices. This software is perfect in that it is an all-in-one tool for therapists to manage their clients' schedules, billing, and even documents on here.

Great medium

WeCounsel is an exceptional platform for online counseling. It has helped me to be more available to clients who travel frequently or have difficulty making it into the office for sessions. I recommend it highly for expanding your reach in a HIPPA compliant way. My clients report they are benefiting from our work despite the technological medium which is very promising!

Pros

The portal protection

Cons

Some glitches with connecting

Ms. Warren, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are ecstatic to hear you are having success with the solution. If there is anything we can help you with technology wise or help test connections (if that's what you are experiencing difficulty with), please let us know. We want to make sure every single session is a good one. We provide test calls to you and all your clients if necessary. Please reach out to 888-958-2885 if there is anything we can do to help further your success.

Wecounsel is a therapists answer to telehealth!

Wecounsel is a reliable telehealth platform which allows me to see clients conveniently all over my state! I can access people who would otherwise not have the means to make it into a mental health session due to physical and/or geographical obstacles.

Pros

Wecounsel is an amazing telehealth platform which allows me to reach out to clients in all parts of my state! I have access to clients who are not only in my city, but I can reach clients all over the state. Wecounsel is easy to use and has great resources on how to get connected and best practices for doing mental health therapy online.

Cons

I would like Wecounsel to offer more integrative platforms and an ability of clients to do online assessments right from the platform.