OpenHotel Reviews

4.76/5 (17 reviews)

Judith Falk

Small Hotel Property using Open Hotel

Reviewed 2018-02-16

Pros
I am not a super-tech savvy person, nor is my background in hotel management. Also, our property is a small, independent property, not a cookie-cutter chain property. Having said that, I find the software overall to be easy to use and fairly intuitive. One of its' chief strengths is the excellent customer service, everything from walking me through a difficult process to me being able to ask them to "double-check my work" to make sure that I have set up a new rate plan correctly, for instance.

Cons
I'd like the "Notes" section on any folio to be more prominent, to make it easier for my Front Desk staff to be aware of anything special that they need to know about a reservation. In a perfect world, their tech support would be open 24/7, as we all know that problems don't just arise during the hours of 9-7. The reports section doesn't work as smoothly as I need it to.

Response from OpenHotel

Judith, Thanks for all the stars! and also for the suggestions. Support is always here for any critical issues but you will be happy to know that plans are in the works to extend normal support hours later this year. Watch for an update.

There are a LOT of reports. I will give you a call about why you do not think they run as smoothly as they should. Normally we get rave reviews on reporting.

Again, Thanks for being a great client and for the 25 gold stars.

Aileen Band

We are clients for 12+ years & have received consistently reliable, caring and innovative service

Reviewed 2018-02-28

Complete reliability, very substantial amounts of additional revenue, ease of use, peace of mind. I like everything about the software. Valuable new features are being added constantly that I look forward to using.

Pros
I have considered numerous PMS systems. The complete reliability, visual clarity, intuitiveness, and ease of use of the PMS system were my primary selection factors combined with the absolute trust I have in OpenHotel's incredibly responsive and service-oriented support team. I know that the functions and features that are important to me are built into the system and are important to them. Especially important to me is the fact that it is so easy to learn to use the system - very experienced Front Desk and Reservation Clerks to staff members who have never used a PMS can catch on easily. OpenHotel deeply understands the needs of and demands on small to mid-size and independent hotel operators.

Response from OpenHotel

Aileen,

I thank you so much for your kind words.It is great to hear from any client about our system but especially the ones that have been with us so very long.

If you ever need me, please let me know.

Michelle Herrin

Leeanne Hewey

Great PMS system for multi properties company

Reviewed 2016-11-02

AMAZING! Easy to learn. Easy access from anywhere in the world or any device. Open Hotel PMS hears our needs and is willing to update software. Affordable for independent hotels, motels of any size. Great value awesome customer service

Pros
User friendliness, Short training and learning for new staff. The combination of a website, GDS, Channel Manager and Email blasts all in one system at a low cost.

Cons
A bit harder for a large property when booking multiple rooms for multiple nights and extended stays. I know they have already done major improvements and plan to do more soon. THANK YOU! Turning a Con into a Pro very quickly is great.

Response from OpenHotel

Leeanne,

Thank you so much! I have heard comments from the staff on how much they enjoy working with you and your team.

Your comment on multiple rooms was very timely. While we have had multiple room capability we realized that it needs to have some additional functionality. The announcement next Tuesday will include many of these updates and some other pretty nice stuff. Watch for the announcement and be ready to smile.

One of the great things about OpenHotel is that we write all of our own code. We have never out sourced a single line. This is why client after client comments on our constant and responsive updates.

Thanks again for your business and for sharing your experience with OpenHotel.

Sarah Erschen

Awesome!!!

Reviewed 2017-05-17

Everything is organized in a manner that makes sense. It's available wherever I am if I have an internet connection. Reservations are kept secure even if you cancel or void a reservation. Rates, groups, direct bill clients are all a breeze to manage. This software has made managing the hotel so much easier!

Pros
This is cloud based software so it's not taking up space on your hard drive. The support staff is amazing! There are training videos available for refreshers or as training. The software is designed in an intuitive manner. Things are about where you would expect. We love their channel manager. It has made our lives so much easier. Groups are a breeze & so is direct billing. They are very willing to work with your suggestions & implement them if possible & practical.

Cons
Since this is cloud based you pay a subscription fee. It's cloud based so if you're internet goes down, you're out in the cold. We do have contingencies for this, but it could be a factor in an area where internet is not reliable. If your internet or computer are slow you will hate this because you will go through several screens for most things you do. Price range is mid level compared to other cloud based system.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Steven Celez

Overall a Fantastic Product!

Reviewed 2016-11-03

OpenHotel has been a great addition to our hotel. We used a somewhat outdated PMS prior to OpenHotel and cannot fathom switching to any other system. Everyone from our sales contact, Judy, to the support team has been fantastic. There are a few improvements I would like to see, however they are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Currently we are in the process of adding their direct connect capabilities which I feel will not only greatly improve our online presence with last room availability, but also free up time for myself to attend to other duties. I would highly recommend OpenHotel and look forward to working with them for years to come!

Pros
I find the software to be very user friendly and find it easy to train new staff. Also, a fantastic support team!

Cons
There are a few additions I would like to see with the system, however I wouldn't call these cons. There's always room for improvement in any product and I look forward to seeing new offerings.

Response from OpenHotel

Dear Steven,

We love hearing from our clients! Thank you for taking the time.

I know you will love the Channel Manager by OpenHotel. It is a full two way direct connection.

Watch your email for a nice and shiny new feature announcement the first of the week.

Thanks again!

Doug Andrew

Alaska Hotels

Reviewed 2016-11-11

We use Open Hotel for both of our hotels. We have been with them for over two years and have been very happy with their software and especially with their staff. They have been outstanding helping us with any questions. The software is easy to work and the channel manager has completely changed our business. If anyone wants to call and talk to me about the software I would be happy to chat with them. Doug Andrew 907-821-1251

Pros
The channel manger which allows you to control all your pricing in one place

Response from OpenHotel

Doug,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and praise. You are a great hotelier and we are proud to have you as a client.

If there is anything that you need, please do not hesitate to contact us - we love working with you.

John Ozberak

OpenHotel has been great for our Inn

Reviewed 2019-02-13

Mostly, a great experience with OpenHotel. They treat you very fairly and get involved personally to ensure you get direction and answers. Also, I honestly believe they listen and care about their customers! We are a very small business, but they treat us like we are a lot bigger. That makes us very happy!

Pros
The ease of using the program is great. However, the people we deal with at OpenHotel make the program that much better!

Cons
Just like any other POS it has it's it hasn't found the moon. However, they are always working on getting there. That's good enough for us.

Response from OpenHotel

John,
You are great to work with! Thank you for the review and thank you for your continued business.

We do continually listen to our clients. If it was not for them, where would we be?

Michelle

Cherryl Forte

Stress Free!!!

Reviewed 2019-01-23

I sat through seven webinars with five different companies to select a booking engine to replace Webervations. I have a small inn with only four rooms, and pricing was a major concern. Most programs were simply too robust, complicated and expensive to be practical for my operation. Openhotel allowed me to select only the features I needed, cost effectively. Most importantly, the support team did the heavy lifting during set up, and when I took over, they were there every step of the way. Rep in sales walked me through the entire software to be sure it was what I needed. Support was always immediate in their response, and passed along great tips. They were professional, knowledgeable, and most importantly delightful to work with. They were never in a hurry and gave me their undivided attention every time I called. Kudos to the entire team. The software is extremely user friendly, and I know if I ever need any additional help, it's just a minute away! Owner Sycamore Farms Country Inn, Oxford, OH

Pros
I appreciated the software let me retain the unique feel of my existing website.

Cons
I wish there was a place that would quickly note any food allergies or special needs when the reservation comes in. Currently that material under Notes is rather buried.

Response from OpenHotel

Cheryl,
We are very happy to have you as a client. We pride ourselves in always being there to support a property in whatever they need regardless of the size.

Michelle Herrin

Salmon Catcher Lodge

Good and Reliable Services Here!

Reviewed 2019-01-26

It allows me confidence of not being double booked which happens a lot to old School document on a sheet of paper sort of Business. It also allows me to market to a dozen vendors seamlessly!

Pros
My Wife enjoys working with it! I learned the basics in half an Hour.

Cons
I would love for them to have a linked program that i can do the same for my Fishing Guiding Part of My business!

Response from OpenHotel

You are both a pleasure to work with. With all the wonderful things that you are doing at the Lodge I know your future will be extremely bright.

Thank you for the kind words.

Cliff Kaiser

Best PMS system value for any sized property

Reviewed 2016-11-01

3 years operating the OpenHotel PMS for our small property. Overall experience has been outstanding. Rich with features that are continuously enhanced and improved based on interaction and feedback with their customers. The company operates like a true Joint Venture with our business needs incorporated into their corporate vision.

Pros
Ease of use, rich with important features, support and regular feature updates

Cons
minimum - grid interaction

Response from OpenHotel

Cliff,

Thank you for the kind words. We strive daily to earn them and are thrilled that you appreciate that.

~The Entire OpenHotel Team

Alanna Zipp

Great software, few things that could be better.

Reviewed 2016-11-04

Overall, this software is very easy to use and quite functional. There are some functions that we hope for that open hotel does not offer, but so far they have been awesome about adding some requested features if it is possible for them. They are very responsive and helpful, the only time it is difficult is over the weekends as they only have an emergency line open. My hope for the future is this changes... I would imagine as they grow as a business, they'll find weekend staff availability is sort of crucial as most hotels do most of their business on the weekends. Anyways, that's just my opinion. Otherwise, the program is functional, attractive, simple for the most part, and much easier than other programs we used in the past, though granted those other programs had all the features we needed. The great price and friendly staff definitely make the difference here, making Open Hotel our first choice.

Response from OpenHotel

Alanna,

Thank you for your comments.

We are always adding new features and are glad that you recognize this. If there are specific things you are looking for please just send it into help@openhotel.com. We keep an ongoing development list based on client input.

Our emergency line for support on weekends is pretty flexible. If it is effecting the running of the property, then we urge people to call us. We have three senior staff that man the urgent support line. If you need us, we do take it seriously.

Again thanks for your business and for your comments..

Nigel Trellis

OpenHotel PMS Review

Reviewed 2016-11-04

Excellent software that is ideal for the small hotelier looking to drive web based distribution. Integrated Channel Management, Website Booking Engine, built in credit card processing and simple to use but powerful reporting are just some of the features I really love. Customer support is extremely responsive. They will go as far as making programming changes to meet your particular needs if necessary. Like all software there are also downsides. The most striking for me is the lack of any kind of accounting software interface so that updates to your accounting system must be done manually. The absence of a POS module or interface is also another area for improvement. But these two issues aside, this PMS totally rocks and has greatly helped us to improve revenue management and our online marketing efforts.

Response from OpenHotel

Nigel,

Thank you so much for comments but for the suggestions and implementations that have resulted because of your feedback. They are truly appreciated.

2017 will see some additional POS integrations. It is definitely on our radar.

Thanks again. If there is anything that you need, please let us know.

Cassie Holman

Service Exceeds Expectations

Reviewed 2013-05-08

Highly recommend OpenHotel. It truly is refreshing to have a vendor that constantly improves their product and responds (quickly I might add) to customer suggestions. Too many vendors have a 'take it or leave it' approach to customer service. They should learn from OpenHotel.

Pros
Easy to learn, easy to use program. When we need help there is always someone friendly on the other end of the phone. They care about your business. As a customer you're a person to them not just a fee they collect. Email marketing was a huge plus for us. PMS & online reservation system as one has saved us much hassle.

Cons
Our staff was a little hesitant about making the switch from hard copies and spreadsheets on our desktops to a system that is 100% online. That was then. Now our staff wouldn't dream of going back to "the old way"

Richard Gillespie

Great Product and Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed 2013-05-07

A very good product with a great potential to bring a sound cloud based system to the doorsteps of many hotels that need something like this.

Pros
Customer Service is without equal. Many times if I had questions or any issues, they have been responded to and resolved in a very timely manner. Software is well formulated, and we seem to constantly see advancements with it, as new features come online every day. I can say it meets the needs of smaller to mid size hotels on day to day operations.

Cons
As the system is still having upgrades implemented into the system, sometimes the changes cause small hiccups that do not last too long. As well, sometimes the landscape of the software changes and it takes some of the staff who adapt slower longer than usual to get the changes

Christyl Uhan

Open Hotel: World class system, elevated service

Reviewed 2013-05-08

If there is anything that Open Hotel hasn't thought of yet, I guarantee that it will be implemented before you ever knew that it was missing! Truly exceptional product, with an even more exceptional team of people behind it.

Pros
We initially started using Open Hotel exclusively as a booking engine. With increased production, and such ease of use, it only seemed natural to add the Property Management System as soon as it became available. We couldn't be happier with the results! Extreme Positives: Exceptional product, talented team, best service in the industry, personalized training sessions, easy integration, user-friendly interface, very prompt response time, attention to detail, family owned and operated with a high level of integrity.

Cons
very minor growing pains.

Phyllis Mueller

Excellent Product - Outstanding Customer Service

Reviewed 2016-11-01

We have been very happy since implementing Open Hotel over a year ago. It has great functionality, integrates easily with the booking engines we use and puts information we had to dig for before right at our finger tips. The training was very good, and the customer service is outstanding. They are always helpful if we have questions, and I am impressed by the features they continue to add. I am happy to highly recommend both the product and the company.

Response from OpenHotel

Phyllis,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We have always said that Customer Service should be considered a feature and everyone at OpenHotel works hard to make it the best it could possibly be. Nothing is worse than not having a smiling, helpful person on the other end of the phone.

~The Entire OpenHotel Team

dharmesh bhakta

open hotel pms is not the best you look for

Reviewed 2014-05-24

As looking to pms it looks good . But difficult are many there are list of things they need to work. I suggested but still they are working but when they going to solve this issue i don't know. I am using this product for 9 months but still they are not solving issue. so i decided to go for another one.

Response from OpenHotel

We are sorry to lose White House as a client. Dharmesh would never addend any of the 5 training classes that are held each week. After months of being on the system, he spoke up about issues. There were half a dozen things that he was unhappy with. All but one issue was resolved - they were not issues - they were all because he had not taken the free classes. The one issue that was not resolved is a feature that is in development. The owner of the White House Inn have several properties with us and the other properties have no issues and remain with us.

We at OpenHotel take our clients' suggestions very seriously and constantly update and improve the OpenHotel PMS. We interface with over 150 OTA's, have an integrated GDS, free classes, unlimited support, are cloud based, extremely competitively priced and very full featured.

As I said, we are sorry to lose White House but I guess it just goes to show that you cannot please everyone.