EmployTest

Pre-employment Tests for Job Applicants (Skills, Aptitude)

EmployTest Reviews

Caress F.

I have had nothing but a positive experience and I am truly grateful for Employtesting.

Amanda M.

We get so much for such a reasonable price. There is a good variety of assessments and the assessments are very comprehensive.

Luann D.

Cons

I dislike that this program doesn't let you answer with shortcuts.

Sometimes our candidates get confused using the "screen within the screen.

Jennifer M.

Some of the areas are very subjective and are therefore difficult to measure. However, this is more of an issue for the employer than it is the fault of the assessment.

Lauren C.

4.6

Great Tool for Planning Training

Pros

We started using this software to plan our training needs for new hires. It has been a great tool for us. I like that we can use the credits that we purchase for any test in their database. If there's a test that I am looking for, I can reach out to our rep for a recommendation. The customer service is phenomenal!

Cons

The only feature that I would like would be more of an automation for tests that I use on a regular basis like one button I can click to send it out. Although, there is an easy fix...I set up my favorites lists and can easily send out the emails from there.

Thanks Kristi for your feedback and using the tests. Will pass along your suggestion (one button click) to the team.

Employtest Review

It is a very useful tool when selecting candidates to interview for a position. Employtest has worked with us to create specific tests and a system that meets our needs in regards to the amount of testing we conduct.

Pros

I like that it is simple to use and test names and descriptions are pretty straightforward. Tests are short and to the point for candidates.

Cons

I wish that the schedule email test feature worked a little better. I have scheduled tests to go out before and candidates stated that they never received them.

We appreciate your comments about the simplicity and ease of use. Emailed test session can occasionally land in applicant spam/junk folders, but there are ways around that and we'll make sure you know the options.

Pretty decent tool

It has been fine to use, I have been using the tool since 2013.

Pros

It is easy to send links to candidates and has quite a few options for testing.

Cons

I wish there was more features for the Microsoft Office Suite - We test a lot of Outlook and the 365 is very difficult, so I test on the 2010 becuase it is more user friendly as I don't want to scare applicants away with the 365 version. Also,iIt isn't compatable with MAC products.

Thanks Stephanie for your comments and for being a customer for 8 years now. Our tests do work on the Safari browser but they don't cover the MAC Office version. Test topics are formatted for the PC version of Office We have test customization options for Microsoft Office tests, including Outlook, so we'll connect with you to make sure you can test applicants at the right level. We have hundreds of questions for Office so we'll create a test that hits the difficultly level you need (beginner->advanced). Thanks again for using EmployTest since 2013!

Pre-Hire Tests for Local Government

Overall, I have been very happy with the website, the tests, and especially the customer service. The staff is always responsive and more than willing to provide sample tests so that we can determine the test or tests that best meet our needs.

Pros

The online tests delivered by EmployTest allow us to ensure that our pre-hire testing process is non-discriminatory while providing a wide range of topics to meet the needs of an organization with over 30 varied departments.

Cons

Recently many email servers have been sending the test invitations to a high-level spam so that the candidate never gets the test. Then I have to go back into the system and send it to myself so I can forward it to the candidate from a city email. Could you copy the administrator on the invitation to save this step for us?

Thanks Brenda for your comments. Yes, our tests follow all EEOC guidelines (and DOL Uniform guidelines) to help you maintain a non-discriminatory hiring process. Our team will be pleased to know you selected us from the many testing options that you reviewed.

A great alternative for software testing

Happy to say that the tool does the job just as well as any other more costly competitors.

Pros

The software was easy to set up and use. I was looking for an alternative to the Kenexa Prove It! tests and this one works just as well and doesn't lock you into a contract.

Cons

I have not come across any cons worth bringing up to date. The layout could use some refreshing but since that has no impact on the results, I don't stress over it.

Thanks Richard for the positive review. It's true that we don't require an expensive annual contract--you just buy on a "pay as you go" plan, based on usage. You also have access to 100+ test titles (EEOC compliant, validated tests). We look forward to continuing the relationship with you for years to come.

Perfect for MS office suite and Accounting

Good

Pros

User friendly, customer service, ease of payment

Cons

Should include more assessments, should cover technical tests

Ritu, we appreciate your response. Our test catalog is light on technical tests, but we do have 100's of other test titles. We'll connect to make sure you're seeing the full list, with much appreciation for your comments about user friendliness and customer service. Happy to know our Microsoft Office tests and Accounting tests are "perfect" for your needs.

Best Candidate Assessment System

We are filtering out candidates who do not have the technical abilities to perform basic daily functions. It's amazingly valuable.

Pros

The test questions are perfect for obtaining a skill baseline for our prehire candidates. The test bank is awesome, and the fact that I can create a completely custom test is exceptional. Great system!

Cons

Multi-language would be great! We would use this system globally if we could get these tests in German also.

Thanks Matt for your comments. We do have tests in different languages so we'll compare what you're using to see if we have the same test in German, Spanish or other languages.

Meets Our Organization's Needs

So far so good. It is meeting our testing needs at multiple locations.

Pros

Easy roll-out to multiple testing administrators. Easy to make adjustments as overall administrator. Many testing options. Test reports.

Cons

No gripes at this time. Really no issues to date. EmployTest Customer service responds quickly to general inquiries.

Thanks Ben for your review and for Schreiber's use of the tests. We're happy that the test options are useful and our customer service team is taking great care of you.

EmployTest Review

We have had a great experience with EmployTest and use it frequently.

Pros

The range of tests available for candidates to fit every need, web based and very easy to use.

Cons

I can't think of any at this time. We have not had any issues with the product.

Thanks Denise for your comments. Yes, we have hundreds of test titles (all EEOC compliant) and a range of price/packages for large down to small use. There's something for everyone. Happy to know our partnership with Infosync continues to be strong.

Easy to Use

Our Account Manager is friendly and very attentive.

Pros

Many assessment choices over a wide variety of topics. It has proven very accurate, as the skill levels reflected in the tests are right in line with candidates' capabilities after they start a new position.

Cons

Nothing stands out. It is easy to use, or to find reports whenever needed.

Bobby-thanks for your feedback. Happy to hear the tests are good predictors of job performance. That's the goal, right? Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Great Product - A few functional flaws

The customer service through EmployTest is some of the best I've ever seen! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is our Account Manager and she always responds quickly and helps me out with any issues that I experience. She is truly top tier!

Pros

I love how easy it is to send tests to my hiring candidates, the platform is easy to use from the employer side, and results are returned to me quickly. I also like how comprehensive the assessment reports are.

Cons

I have had candidates reach out to me who have had issues with the Word-Excel-Outlook 2016 test. The platform does not accept shortcuts, so it is common that candidates do not know the formal process of a function in Excel and miss points on the question because of it.

We appreciate your comments, Kalyssa and thanks to you and the Aria team for using EmployTest for almost 5 years now. The system does accept most shortcuts, especially the common ones, but it is a simulation of the program (not the actual program). Simulations provide the best overall experience without the test taker needing MS Office installed on their computer, but there a few limitations here and there. We're happy to know our team is providing you great service and we look forward to working together as Aria continues to grow.

EmployTest Feedback

Pros

I really enjoy using this software to review our incoming candidates. It gives us an ideal of their skill set and what they can bring to our organization. Our account contact responds very quickly to any questions that may arise.

Cons

I do not like the timing out feature. I'm constantly having to login all the time. I also miss the previous lay out of the dashboard when you login.

Thanks Jennifer for your comments. We're happy to know you are getting a better understanding of your candidates' skills, as well as that your account manager is giving great service. The account "log-out" frequency relates to account security and we'll look into your comments about the frequency. Thanks again for your feedback and best of luck with your hiring plans.

Excellent assessment service

My overall experience has been positive. The customer service is excellent, the Employtest team is always there to help me if I have questions. Most importantly, the assessments have allowed us to determine the best/most qualified candidates for our company.

Pros

I love the ability to customize tests in order to align with our organization's expectations. Our hiring managers have thoroughly enjoyed receiving the candidate assessments, and they have helped our company hire quality AND qualified candidates in many different skillsets.

Cons

The only thing I wish could be more easily visible are the ability to see examples of the assessments. When looking at the list of test options, it is difficult to determine which test would be the best option without having access to easily viewing example questions prior to sending it out to candidates.

We're excited to have Healthcare customers like you and Syneos as part of our customer team. We hope customers will sample each test before using with applicants, to ensure suitability and we'll connect to make sure you have the test descriptions. Thanks!

Employ Test Review

I have had a very enjoyable experience with Employ Test with testing and with customer service. I have not had a bad experience.

Pros

This software's usability is what makes it top-notch. It is easy to navigate and for end-users to use.

Cons

I do not have a least favorite thing about this software.

Thanks for your comments. Your use is slightly different than others, in that you're testing student knowledge of Microsoft programs. We're happy that you find it so easy to use!

EmployTest Experience

We have been able to identify certain training starting points for onboarding by reviewing the test results with the candidate we chose to hire. Its also a great tool for current staff for Professional Development. Our Account Manager is always happy to answer questions and easy to reach, we have been very happy with our relationship with EmployTest.

Pros

This software has so many options to choose from, we have always felt there was a test specific to the needs of the position we were hiring for. The rest results are easy to follow and is a great tool to use as part of our interview process.

Cons

No cons to date! From ordering credits to having potential hires complete the test, its always been a smooth process.

Thanks Keri. We're happy that the wide test selection/variety has suited your needs.

Great Assessment System

Pros

I like that I can email the assessments to candidates when they are unavailable to take the test in our office.

Cons

I dislike that this program doesn't let you answer with shortcuts.

Hello and thanks for your comments. Yes, our Office tests do allow shortcuts for answers (we all use shortcuts, right?) so we want to talk with you! Your review is anonymous to us, so we can't contact you directly, but please ask your account manager or email sales@employtest.com so we can talk. Thanks for the great review!

Good Product

Very happy with the product.

Pros

We chose this product because they offer a customizable assessment at a fair price. Great customer service as well.

Cons

Hi Lauren-thanks for your comments. Yes, the customizable tests, tailored to your job description, is what sets us apart from other options. Your firm uses a test that was designed specifically for your roles, which makes it pretty handy when measuring applicants' skills. We appreciate your past business and look forward to helping with your hiring in the future.

Computer Skills Testing

Our candidates are sent a link to the test and we get the results back immediately. Super easy.

Pros

Our company uses EmployTest to test applicants to be sure that they have basic computer skills.

Cons

I haven't really found anything that I don't like.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback.

Great tool for testing competencies

My experience with Employ Test has been great. I would highly recommend to anyone who would like to test candidates before hiring or test competencies of staff to create development plans.

Pros

It is a great tool to use when screening candidates on competitions. I really like is that it is user friendly, test results come to me directly soon after the test is completed and the response time when we contact the company is phenomenal.

Cons

I wish there were more test options such as mechanical aptitude.

Karen, Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the system and how it has worked for you, including our customer service and the easy to read results. Best of luck with your future hires!

Helping us to make better decisions

It helps us make better choices in the hiring process - we are a better organization because of EmployTest.

Pros

EmployTest helps us discover key traits in job applicants. Many times, we feel these candidates have these traits, but using the testing allows us confirmation by an independent means. It also allows us to target follow-up interview questions in areas where we may have some concerns.

Cons

Nothing - very happy with this product.

Thanks Howard for your feedback. We're happy the follow up interview questions, based on scores, are helpful to you and your team.

Recommend

Pros

East to use and quick to answer questions or any issues I had locating a test.

Cons

Nothing. Everything was as expected. I liked it

Thanks Kelly for your comments. We wish you continued success with your hiring process!

Excellent Hiring Support

Both the product and the company are tremendous. The team is very responsive and help anytime we need it.

Pros

This software is easy to use. We have every potential staff person take a skills assessment and sometimes take a personality/organization fit.

Cons

The Microsoft testing only allows for one correct answer.

Thank you Misty and team for using our tests for the 7th year now. Appreciate your kind comments about the product and our team. As a side note, our interactive Microsoft tests do allow more than one answer method, including shortcuts keys. We'll connect with you separately about that. Thanks again and we look forward to growing with you.

Employee Test

They have great tests and exceptional customer service. I won't even meet a candidate until they have taken the tests . they save everyone's time.

Pros

They have a multitude of test options to appropriately screen candidates in different departments. The online platform is very easy to use.

Cons

I wish I could bundle the tests for different departments instead of picking from the list every time.

Thanks Felicia for your comments and review. Glad to hear it's easy for you to use and you like all the options for test titles. We'll connect with you to set up the "Filter" so you can bundle those tests as you wish. -EmployTest

Employtest Review

It has been great to be able to use Employtest to test a single or group of candidates and get accurate test scores.

Pros

I like the easiness of setting up testing for a large group of candidates

Cons

It would be nice to be able to get a test taker to go back to where they left off if they accidentally get kicked off from the test.

Thanks for your comments. Lennox School District has used our tests for 5 years now. Yes, group testing of candidates is easy peasy with our system. Most test sessions can be restarted so we'll make sure you know the options there. Thank you again.

Great assessments, terrible dashboard

The assessments appear to be about as non-biased as you can find. The assessments are the star here. The dashboard is a pain.

Pros

Really do not like having to order the assessments and also pay for more credits. Very time consuming and repetitive.

Cons

The dashboard is very old school and is not very user-friendly.

"The assessments are the star". That's great feedback about how our tests are helping your hiring process. We'll connect with you to about our coming Dashboard updates, as well as the different ordering options we have. Purchasing in bulk (or annual license) may be better for you than the smaller volume purchases. Thanks for your comments.