Firmwater LMS Reviews

4.63/5 (52 reviews)

Patty Craig

It took a little while to learn it but now it's very easy to navigate it.

Reviewed 2017-10-03

The most important benefit, besides very few if any user technical issues, is not having to personally deactivate accounts because the system does it automatically. It has a lot of great features: Allowing a payee to send an invitation to someone else, easy access to the certificates after account is inactive, ability to send e-mails to participants reminding them of their time limit, automatically deactivating participants after a period of time, easy access to management to change participant's information (e-mail address), being able to resend invitations to start the class, easy access to view participant's information by management, and many other features that I can't think of.

Dax Lovett

A Very Capable, Cost Effective LMS Solution for Our Company

Reviewed 2010-06-30

Overall, I would strongly recommend Firmwater to any small - medium sized business looking for a simple and effective LMS. This LMS is fantastic for training companies such as our own that resell training programs to other businesses. Firmwater provides a great service to our company.Firmwater's LMS is very easy to setup and use. It is easy for us, as a training company, to add new clients, get them setup with an administrative account, show them the basics, and then let them do what they need to do. I like the customization options that we can provide to each new client (custom domain, company logo, etc.) with just a few clicks of the mouse. Firmwater is able to effectively run and track the content that we upload (typically Articulate created elearning programs) with excellent accuracy and immediate response time. The multitude of reports on each user and piece of content is a great feature for us. The cost of Firmwater's LMS is what really set them apart from other LMS providers that we researched. Their pricing structure allows us to maintain low overhead costs and remain ultra-competitive with our own pricing structures.

Russell Willmon

A top-notch training platform for training companies!

Reviewed 2018-12-11

Firmwater LMS allows us to offer our clients the unique ability have their very own, branded training portal. The ability to completely control the management of users, training content, reporting, training records, etc. are all very valuable features which has allowed us to win more contracts. Also, when things do go wrong, Firmwater LMS absolutely delivers on customer support. The white-labeled training portal is a market differentiator for selling to our B2B clients.

Mary Ann OConnor

Outstanding People and Customer Service

Reviewed 2017-03-20

Beginning as a novice, I must have tried the patience to the limit of the customer support people. I cannot express how fantastic and supportive they have been. The most striking thing about working with Firmwater, is the time they have taken to walk me through the steps needed to satisfy my customers' needs. If it didn't at first work, they worked to make it work to my needs. I didn't have to fit into a cookie cutter program, instead it was adjusted to fit what I needed. Would I encourage others to work with Firmwater?- in a heartbeat I would and have.Works with what I need with an excellent reporting ability.

David Fletcher

The only reason I gave Firmwater a five star rating across the board is I could not rate them higher

Reviewed 2017-10-03

My biggest surprise was the across the board competence of Firmwater's support team. I am not technically sophisticated, and a small company. They are not afraid to make better suggestions, and do what they say they will do. Their pricing is more than fair. The biggest benefit at this point in my growth, is I know that I can trust Firmwater to solve whatever problems come along and always have my best interest at the center of their support. My company offers online new home sales education to Realtors. Its all good. As it should be. If you are starting an e-commerce business, I highly recommend Firmwater. Three things, as an ecommerce business: 1. Firmwater offers easy, fast and free access to Shopify 2. My customers have no problem with purchasing, access, or notifications 3. The price/value

Bradley Craig, LMSW-IPR,CFLE

Awesome!!!

Reviewed 2018-08-22

My company has been with Firmwater since late 2015, and we could not be happier. Their customer service beats any company I've worked with in the past by leaps and bounds. They genuinly want your business to be successful, and go the extra mile to help us out and learn the software. Well worth the money, and unless prices go up some time in the future I think our relationship will last for a long time. The software is user friendly for a non-skilled individual like myself to not only deliver educational content, but also on the backend for controlling content, managing users, and providing reports.

Roxanne Eszes

Great LMS for a small company

Reviewed 2015-11-02

We've been using Firmwater as our LMS provider since 2010, and it feels like they've grown right along with us. They've always been very responsive to our needs, and provide excellent and speedy tech support. As a very small company, we didn't have the resources or expertise in-house to develop or manage our own LMS, and we didn't have the big dollars needed to develop one. We are content producers, not computer programmers! Firmwater's SAAS model gave us a way to monetize our content in a way that was affordable and doable for us. Over the past five years, they have continued to develop and improve their product. The relatively new integration with Shopify was fabulous, it made things so much easier. Shopify allows us to use discount codes, which is an important marketing tool for us. And we now use our Shopify webstore as our website, saving us some money and making it easier for us to update our own content. We can offer custom portals to our corporate clients. Students can print their Certificate of Completion from their Training Plan.

Hal Richman

Reviewed 2015-11-02

I have been involved in LMS procurement for 15 years for organizations in the public, private and inter-governmental sectors. In my role as COO of Blue House Energy I have been using Firmwater for three years. We chose Firmwater after a detailed review of options, For a training company/organization, Firmwater is the best I have reviewed or used.Very quick and personalized support Quick uploads Ability to create private brand labeled sites (known as “clients”) Grant content from a “master” to “clients”, enabling automatic content update Supports locations and departments Many email contact options, including customization of email messages Various options for user setup Ideal for certificates and certifications (including customized certificates of achievement) Logical user interface and process for content management

Alan Redensek

The Firmwater Learning Management System - Easy to use and Extremely Powerful

Reviewed 2014-04-29

I have been using the Firmwater LMS for over a year now and I have to say it is one of the best learning management systems I have used to date. It is easy to configure and they provide many options within the system both for small organizations as well as large organizations that have multiple locations and many users. The system is very fast and stable. I also use SCORM Cloud and the performance difference is not noticeable between the two platforms. The best feature of the Firmwater LMS and my primary reason for using it is the ability to create branded instances of the LMS that are client-specific portals. The client portals are considered 'slave' instances to your 'master' LMS installation. The LMS allows you to grant access to content from a 'master' to a 'slave'. This means that I can have groups of users completely isolated from each other and only upload my content to the system once. When I make updates to my content, I only need to update it in a single place and then every one of my clients gets immediate access to the updated content without me having to update each client instance individually. I also have to mention that their customer support is excellent. Any issues or questions I have about the system are responded to immediately and professionally. They have gone out of their way on countless occasions to help me provide solutions to my customers. I have been trying to come up with something negative to say and (not) unfortunately I really can't say anything bad about my experience with the Firmwater LMS. Since I started using the system it has excelled at doing everything that I wanted it to.

Cheryl Gocke

Excellent Customer Service!

Reviewed 2016-08-02

We are a very small E-Learning company for Healthcare Professionals. We started our search for an LMS company knowing nothing about what we wanted, or who we wanted to work with. We actually took several months to make a decision. Diane Miziolek, Director of Business Development, has to be the most patient person I have ever met. She never pressured me and was available to answer my numerous questions whilst trying to make my decision. Once we decided on Firmwater, we've never looked back. I'm quite sure Firmwater has much larger clients from whom they receive much larger revenue, however, we have had immediate response to any questions we may have had during our transition to a new website. This included uploading our content ourselves to Firmwater (I told you we were small!) and having absolutely no idea what we were doing. Firmwater Support has always been there to hold my hand and has graciously answered my questions and pointed out errors that may have caused potential problems in the future. I couldn't recommend them more highly. Very user friendly. Very easy to navigate. The "help" documentation is very easy to follow.

Mieng Lim

Great cloud LMS platform

Reviewed 2017-03-23

We've used Firmwater LMS to deliver our security awareness training to customers that do not have their own LMS. The LMS enables us to whitelabel and brand the LMS for our needs and for our customers. Support has been exceptional responding to questions related to the platform quickly and thoroughly. I would love to see a refresh on the UI and reporting.

Bruce Degn

Trustworthy Partner

Reviewed 2013-08-08

We've used Firmwater for our LMS since 2010--they've been an excellent partner in our efforts to grow our online training company. Here are my pros and cons: Pros Bullet-proof platform--we've never had a single issue of customers not being able to access content SCORM compliant--which is critical as we market our training solution Competitive pricing--Firmwater has proven a great value Attentive account manager--we've had wonderful service from our account team Cons No ad hoc curriculum development--Firmwater's LMS solution does not allow the client to build, tweak, or rearrange the learning modules in a self-service environment. It requires the help of a Firmwater account manager

Philip Moon

Firmwater LMS suits training providers

Reviewed 2010-07-09

An expert company that is willing to listen and adapt to meet client needs. Happy to be a reference for them. The Firmwater LMS solution was the best choice for us because they focus on providing functionality to a business like ours. We are a global training provider and want our clients to perceive the LMS as belonging to Channel Enablers. We also wanted to establish seperate secure LMS sites for each of our major 'downstream' customers. Only Firmwater could do this for us. The payment gateway solution also suits our needs. Although we had expertise in e-learning we were new to SCORM and new to LMS. Firmwater helped us deploy our courses and shielded us from a lot of the complexity. Pricing flexibility was important - Firmwater offer us options on a pay-per start or pay per number of users basis that suits our business. Overall - a good solution at a reasonable cost.

Andrew Kauser

A Superior LMS for content publishers

Reviewed 2010-06-30

I highly recommend the Firmwater development team and the Firmwater LMS to any content developer/training provider that needs a solution to deliver online training content. The LMS was designed with content vendors in mind. With the Firmwater LMS you can concentrate on your training content and let Firmwater handle the rest.TPC maintains the largest industrial skills training library with over 640 hours on online content and many more hours of offline training material. We currently have over 200 online clients and are adding 3 to 5 new clients per month to our TPC Online (Firmwater LMS). The Firmwater LMS makes administering so many clients and managing content between them easy. The LMS was designed from the ground up to support content publishers and handles complex tasks with ease. From our clients perspective, the Firmwater LMS hides all complexity behind a straightforward interface making it simple to register users, create training assignments, manage users, and run reports.

Garry Almond

Firmwater LMS and CANSI

Reviewed 2015-10-22

I'm the Treasurer and Past President of the Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors (CANSI) and also manage their National Office and computer systems on a volunteer basis. I managed CANSI's implementation of LMS a few years ago and continue to liaise with Firmwater for support and enhancements. Firmwater also developed our website (www.cansi.ca/en/). Firmwater accurately understand our needs / requirements, customized LMS to track members, certifications and courses and exceeded our expectations. Their support is prompt and meets our needs. When we need enhancements, they meet our needs again.Strong product and support. Great people to work with.

Susie Clark

Outstanding customer support - Kinda goes above and beyond

Reviewed 2018-03-27

Firmwater is intuitive and easy to manage. What I've been most impressed with is their customer support. Over the past few weeks, I've reached out to our support personal several times. Not only has she helped me work through things with above and beyond Firmwater - helping me troubleshoot files and find answers.

Stephen Whittaker

Vision Ed Seminars Review

Reviewed 2010-07-18

Highly recommended for providing self-study type courses directly to individual consumers. Although a instructor and author for many years, this was my first time use of online education format. Firmwater provided really outstanding customer support. They take a personal interest in your success and provide support above and beyond. The very reasonable per-course-start pricing structure allows one to market courses directly to consumers rather than agencies. Easily access and complete set of reports. Intuitive user interface for students- I received no service requests on how to access courses.

Hal Richman

Firmwater Review from the LMS Consultant and Entrepreneur Viewpoint

Reviewed 2014-03-26

I have been involved in LMS procurement for a number of years, including work with the United Nations Development Programme, private sector companies and governments - in short, I have reviewed many LMSs and talked with many vendors. We chose Firmwater for its laser like focus on companies like ours that sell online training and support certifications. I do not need to repeat the great comments from other reviewers; however, I would like to bullet some of the key features that make this LMS stand out from the pack: Smooth Shopify integration Ability to customize all messages to users and the certificate The ability to setup (on the fly) any number of branded clients and provide resellers )or departments) with the ability to manage their admin back end Many ways of register users (including time delimited memberships) Locations that support geography and organizational structure AICC support Very flexible reporting And yes, the best support I have received since working with computers in 1982.

Roxanne Eszes

Great option for small content providers

Reviewed 2012-02-24

They are a great team to work with, very responsive to their customers needs.The Firmwater LMS is ideal for companies looking for a way to monetize their content. The SAAS model combined with the technical support provide a viable way for companies with little IT infrastructure or staffing of their own to enter the eLearning market. Firmwater staff have always been quick to address technical support issues, and they continue to develop or enhance the product over time. While our courses are marketed directly to individuals, the ability to create different client portals has allowed us to develop strategic alliances with corporate users using different pricing models for each.

Ed Easterling

Firmwater Delivers

Reviewed 2014-08-29

We are using Firmwater to deliver a SCORM-compliant online eLearning course that integrates video, audio, graphic animations, and testing to individuals and firms internationally through Firmwater's ecommerce portal with Shopify. In other words, there are lots of moving parts in a diverse environment. Firmwater's pros are their robust capabilities, including ecommerce front-end as well as dedicated client portals, extensive reporting, administrator process, and polished product. The cons include limited documentation and some elements that cannot be managed by the administrator. That said, Firmwater's most significant pro is the highly personalized and accessible customer service that promptly and diligently addresses questions and special needs. No product or service is without some cons; superior products are the ones that effectively address them. For that and overall, Firmwater gets a high water mark!

Maura Sellers

Best Technical, Best Service

Reviewed 2015-10-22

The Firmwater LMS has exceeded our expectations for technical capabilities, ease of use and support from their team. Every single support need we have had (all relating to our learning curve) has been addressed very quickly and comprehensively. This team has made our transition to an e-learning platform seamless. Can't say enough good things about Firmwater and their LMS.Simple to set up. Simple to navigate. Best-in-class support!

Myda Egrmajer

Powerful LMS with Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed 2015-11-02

We took our time deciding on a LMS to support an online training program we had developed for the offshore industry. Firmwater impressed us pre-sale with their help making sure their product was a good fit for our program via product demonstration, multiple phone calls, and access to a demo version. The LMS has a very clean design, is easy to use, and for newbies (like us) had really excellent customer service when we did have any questions. We really like the client portal feature, and the Shopify integration was a huge bonus. We are very happy with our decision to go with Firmwater and highly recommend their product.

Nadeen Kabia

Fantastic Working with Firmwater!

Reviewed 2015-09-24

I am a sales associate with Peterson's Publishing. We just recently placed one of our sales programs online. Soon after doing so, some of our customers started to request online Demos of the program before making purchases. One was quickly created by Firmwater and we were immediately walked through the process. We were also privy to reviewing what our customers experience with the online demo would be like so we could attain both sides of the process (which was very helpful). I worked with Branagh O' Shaughnessy when I had any questions on how to navigate through the system. She was very knowledgeable and available to help at anytime. This has been a great experience so far and definitely not as intimidating as I initially thought. A very user friendly program.

Andreas Franke

A great software with awesome support included. Customer service as it should be.

Reviewed 2016-07-14

We are offering education for pre-hospital healthcare professionals and choose Firmwater as our partner. Instead of developing our own software, we decided to cooperate with them. It was one of the best & most important choices so far. Despite the good and reliable software, Firmwater does offer an outstanding customer service. We had many requests and demands and yet, all of them have been fulfilled to our statisfaction. We are happy to know that they support our business.

Colin Parker

Can't Say Enough Good Things

Reviewed 2015-10-07

Software has worked great since day one. When something is not right (every time it has been me not following the right process) support walks me through how to do it correctly. Great value for the money.Customer support is excellent. Great and easy interface