KeldairHR Reviews

4.6/5 (125 reviews)

Lisa Penkwitz-DeMartino

The Hyrell Applicant Tracking System effectively modernized the recruitment process at Milwaukee Public Museum and greatly reduced our turn-around time with candidates!

Reviewed 2018-02-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Your product allowed me to take down all of the plastic mail buckets with paper requisition forms from our walls and use technology for our recruitment. I have also found that candidates respond much quicker to the on-line invitation requests than missed and return phone calls!

Pros
Customer service is a 10! The Virtual Interview Tool allows us to customize our questions by position and filter our candidate pool effectively We love he flexibility to have applicants upload work samples and provide links to project portfolios for our Professional positions and keep the application simple for entry-level positions!

Cons
The interview schedule allows for 1 Manager to receive the invitation to an on-site interview, so we have a work-around to schedule interview with the candidates thru Hyrell and use our google calendar for HR/Multiple manager invitations to the same interviews.

Kristina Jackson

The computer saavy folk are happy, the not so computer saavy.. well....

Reviewed 2015-10-08

We all have people in our organization who seem to struggle with new software, no matter how easy it may be to use. For me personally, after receiving an online demo I was able to navigate Hyrell and use it to it's full advantages (despite a few hectic calls to my Rep when I got stuck), and I just love the product. It saves me time and effort by gathering a tremendous amount of information that you don't find on a resume alone. We have about 77 active users in our organization, and I'm happy to say around 50 of them understand the software, use it for all it's worth, and are incredibly happy with it. Pros: Virtual Interviews, soft and hard skill questions really do give me 90% of the information I need regarding a candidate before I ever pick up the phone and schedule an interview. Paperless drug screening has changed my life. Customer service is top notch and I've never gone longer than 5 minutes without a return call and immediate fix to my issue. Giving the candidates the ability to withdraw their application is the wave of the future. Cons: I don't believe this product was made for a company with as many locations, departments, and moving parts like we are. There are some hiccups such as not being able to turn off certain types of notifications or even limiting who receives the notifications no matter what we seem to do. The training videos need to be made for more specific situations, like "how to duplicate and modify an existing position" instead of only showing how to create a new ad or duplicate one from the pre-filled library. I'd even like one to show step by step how to initiate a drug test. The emails that go to the candidates should definitely have way more indepth information without me having to type it in every time. Especially with how the background/drug testing works.

Grant Mills

Great software for Small organization

Reviewed 2017-07-24
Review Source: Software Advice

Emily Bifano was a great support person. She went through several employee changes with our agency and did great. We were forced to centralize all our HR processes into 1 software, which is why we had to cancel our services. Would recommend.

Pros
Hyrell was very flexibility for job postings and functionality for small business. Very helpful to develop a good job board, best feature was the automation of job postings to national job boards.

Cons
Takes a lot of time to create new jobs in the system in order to post them. It is sometimes difficult for new employee/Managers to learn the process.

Michael Taylor

Easy and efficient online hiring system!

Reviewed 2015-10-23

Our office was searching for an applicant tracking/online hiring system that would be easy for both the applicants and hiring managers to use, but didn't skimp out on technical aspects we were looking for. Furthermore, being a municipality, we were on a tight budget. Hyrell has helped us achieve our hiring goals while meeting our budget requirements! The ease of use has been great for our hiring managers and HR. We have totally opened up communication with our candidates and increased job posting exposure, with Hyrell's feature of posting to internet job boards. We also have the capability to post positions in a fashion so that the postings are only available to our current employees. The customer service Hyrell provides is also outstanding. When first integrating to the system, we were provided with a representative that worked very closely with us to help us implement the system, provided 1-on-1 training for both HR and the hiring managers, and continues to check in regularly, even several months after! If there has ever been an issue or question, the representative has been incredibly reachable and responsive. Hyrell may not have every "bell and whistle" that other online hiring systems offer, but they're very close and you can't beat the prices they offer for the service they provide! They have a suggestion board for their customers to submit their ideas for better improvements to the system, and also a great database of frequently asked questions and answers to help you solve any problems you may encounter. Overall, it's a great hiring system if you are looking for something that is easy to use and very straightforward, while still achieving your hiring goals!

Christian Cloen

Easy to use, great customer service and support, gets the job done

Reviewed 2015-07-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
In the time that we have been using this software, there are three major things that stand out. First, the ease of navigating the software, it is very easy to navigate around as well as make customizations to many of the features of the program. Second, the set up process was painless, I submitted basic information to the company and they had a trial site up and running within 2 days. Third, the support I get from them is second to none. If I have a problem or a question, it is addressed immediately by my account representative.

Cons
Mostly, I wish they posted to more than 4 job boards automatically. They do give the ability to have an ad created from your post that you can use to post to the boards they do not post to, but it would be nice to have this done automatically to more of the bigger job boards.

Rachel Radel

Fantastic from Demo to Implementation!

Reviewed 2015-07-24

We chose Hyrell system because it was the most customization system we found. There is very little that we weren't able to tweak to make the recruiting experience exactly what we needed for our Agency. We were able to write our own screening questions and mix in provided questions for a thorough pre-screening process that gives us much more insight into a candidate than a resume alone. The Hyrell system also allows for e-mail communication between the hiring team, managers and the candidate; much faster than playing phone tag with all those people! All needed documentation can be uploaded to the system, and sent to applicants, so everything is saved in one file, electronically. This as cut down on the amount of paper on my desk drastically! Reference checks can be performed via an e-mail message and a link to a text box or a customized form. And when the candidate is hired, you can download their whole file and turn it into a personnel file with little-to-no hassle. Bill and Jeremy, our contacts at Hyrell, were extremely accommodating. From answering questions via e-mail to calling to check in, there has never been a time where I had a question they couldn't answer. Even when they said "I don't know" it was followed by "I'll check up on that" and I had an answer by the end of the day. The webinar training for me as an administrator and for our hiring managers was thorough and fast-paced enough to fit into busy schedules. This system has helped us reduce our "interview to on boarding" time , and made the job of this recruiter much easier and more pleasant!

Kristina Jackson

Hyrell has a ton of features that make hiring people easier than ever

Reviewed 2017-06-27

Easier and way more efficient applicant reviews, scheduling of interviews, and merging of data into our online handbook HR platform

Pros
I love the virtual interviews, it's the best part of the software. Being able to ask pre-interview questions prior to ever picking up the phone and scheduling an interview really allows us to find out specifics about the individual including writing style, schedule preferences and ideaology.

Cons
Not being able to block candidates that we've already ruled out from being able to continuously apply.

Eddie Pickering

Hyrell Is A Very Effective Recruiting Tool!

Reviewed 2017-02-24

We have been using Hyrell for about 4 years and have been very pleased! The system is very user friendly, the support is great and we definitely see results!

Pros
Very user friendly!

Cons
I would like the reports to be more detailed.

Geoff Lund

Geoff Lund, HR Manager with Comfort Keepers

Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The ability to have our applicants' hard and soft skill responses scored automatically is a big win for us. We use the hard skills questions for our "must have" questions. Then, we use the soft skill questions for our "nice to have" questions. The resulting score tells us quickly whether the applicant meets the minimum requirements for the job and, if he/she does, how many of the desired or preferred qualities does he/she have. Of course, we also enjoy having the ability to create robust job postings that include not only the requirements but also the benefits of each job. And we also appreciate having these jobs posted to top job boards like Indeed.com. The customer service is terrific also.

Cons
It would be beneficial to set default views within the Talent screen (i.e.-each time you open the screen, it is sorted and filtered in the way you chose).

Dana Mortimer

Great Recruitment Tool!

Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I love the positive impression the use of the online process makes on my applicants. The application process is the first view many applicants/interviewees have of our company culture. Many interviewees have said that the text notices sent to applicants throughout the process are welcome, unusual (not received from any other employer), and impressive. The interviewees ascribe those positives to our company, already paving the way for a smooth onboarding process and strong organizational identification with the successful candidate.

Cons
The Hyrell staff are responsive and helpful with any questions or clarifications I need. They are constantly responding to customer suggestions with useful updates. I did experience some bugs early on; Hyrell responded quickly and thoroughly to fix the situation.

Jacob Beckstead

Bang for the Buck - Great Product

Reviewed 2014-12-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
This product combines a strong feature set with a great UI. Those of you familiar with bootstrap interfaces will be instantly familiar with the UI. In addition, the feature set is strong. It includes all of the basic functionality of an ATS, with some intriguing additions. In particular, our business adheres to DOT and FMCSA regulations, and Hyrell makes that easy by offering a DOT module that allows applicants to be asked all of the required questions. On the back end, this portal allows HR users to store documents and tests as required by the FMCSA.

Cons
Sometimes the UI flow patterns are a little different from the way that our users expect them to be, but nothing mission critical. Just something to get used to.

Dana Mortimer, SPHR

Excellent ATS System!

Reviewed 2014-10-23

We moved from an all paper system to Hyrell. What an amazing improvement in applicant communication, hiring time and business efficiency! The Hyrell team has been phenomenal in their communication and responsiveness. The system provides easy ways to review applicants and select the best interview candidates. We tailor the application to each specific position and receive better information from candidates as a result. The SAAS model has worked very well as hiring managers can access applications from any web connection. We've received unsolicited feedback from applicants that they've never received updates when applying elsewhere and they are even more positive about working for our company after the high communication experience they receive through the Hyrell system. The text alert feature is quite unique and widely appreciated by our applicants.

Pros
- Easy ways to view all candidates for each position and rank those candidates for interviews. - Virtual interview questions that are customized to each position. - Very responsive, helpful and knowledgeable support team.

Cons
- Nothing major. Very pleased with the delivery, service and pricing.

Dana Mortimer

Great ATS with excellent customer service

Reviewed 2016-12-09
Review Source: Software Advice

We moved from an all paper application process to Hyrell's cloud based platform almost two years ago. We have been very pleased. Our applicants love being kept in the hiring loop and the software makes it easy to communicate with one or many applicants at a time. Hyrell features an option that sends a text alert to candidates when their resume is reviewed, they are invited to an interview, etc. Candidates love this feature! And the text feature as well as the ease with which we can send messages and status updates, reflects positively on us and helps boost our reputation as an employer of choice.

Pros
I love the skills questions and the interview questions. We've been able to effectively use these features to quickly sort through applicants and find our best interview candidates.

Cons
Hyrell is very responsive to customer suggestions and is continuously updating their platform. The one update I eagerly await is the auto parsing of resumes. Right now applicants fill out their work history and attach a resume. I'm looking forward to system improvements that will automatically read the resume and fill in the work history for the applicant to review.

Jeff Troutman

Great product for the price!

Reviewed 2015-12-29

Pros: Service and response has been great during and after implementation. Flexible pricing model Very intuitive software and easy to use Not limited to users Reports and dashboards are very easy to customize and understand even for the technically challenged. Cons: If your company operates in multiple locations applicants WILL apply to the wrong location from time to time. The software will not allow you to re assign an applicant to another region or to another position. This can be extremely frustrating when you want to close a region but have a pending app out there. In general the website can be slow. Overall I really have enjoyed my experience with Hyrell. My client manager is amazing and is very responsive. I believe due to the size and scale of our company we experience some unique challenges. I would definitely recommend this software is you're looking for a stand alone ATS. Hyrell has significantly reduced our time to hire by over as week and we have been able to use our manpower to focus on other things besides hiring.

Tom Berard

We have been using Hyrell for about 5 months and we are very happy

Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
It does so many aspects of HR for us. It tracks where the applicants are finding us. It helps us easily rate them, select them for interviews, communicate, and track information for EOE. It's a tremendous tool.

Cons
I don't like the archive the way it works today. When we archive something, it's difficult for my team to stay on top of the archived candidates for hiring purposes. If there was a way to change an aspect of a position but not actually change the position and avoid archiving, that would be very helpful. It could be a switch you throw so you give your client the ability to determine if their change impacts the position enough so it has to be new. Either that or dig into the archive tool and how it works.

Leah Hoffman

Easy Set - Up, Great Staff, Lots of Helpful tools

Reviewed 2015-12-11

Hyrell has an extremely helpful staff with set up and follows up just to make sure everything is working properly. Quick response time to help fix any issue and overall extremely accommodating. I cannot say enough about how great their installation team is - Emily Russen was amazing to work with and extremely helpful at every step. This was seriously one of the best interactions I've had with a vendor. Quick set up, they also have a lot of "community" job posts that you can alter to fit what you need instead of writing a job posting from scratch. Very user friendly system and makes it so you can forward applications to other employees to review and schedule interviews. We also got a lot of great applicants within a few days of putting up our job postings. The only system limitation that is that you can't print the offer letters / acceptance. Instead, you print a correspondence of you sending the offer letter and the applicant excepting but no actual copy of what was sent prints out. Hyrell is an amazing program with an even better staff I would definitely recommend it to other businesses.

Kathryn K. Teague, SPHR

A great tool for managing, recruiting, screening, and hiring!

Reviewed 2014-02-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The program allows posting jobs to multiple sites in one step and allows candidates to see full job descriptions and pre-interview questions, which discourages applications from truly unqualified candidates. We are able to collect sufficient information through the very customizable program to collect consistent information from all candidates, which helps us determine if a candidate who has completed the application process is someone we want to consider further. The vendor is very open to suggestion, prompt in responding to questions and resolving issues.

Cons
I generally am comfortable with most software applications. I find some of the functionality to be counterintuitive to my way of thinking.

Karman McCray

Administrator’s perspective on Hyrell

Reviewed 2014-05-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Getting started was a breeze. Once setup was complete, they gave us an online webinar for training. Their website makes the hiring process simple and easy. Most importantly, the time we save with their screening processes and internal communication with the applicants is priceless. I would refer Hyrell to any administrator looking for a seamless way to process applicants into hires.

Cons
There is nothing at this time that I can negatively report about Hyrell. All experiences have been positive.

Marquita Farmer

Applicant Tracking

Reviewed 2016-11-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Hyrell is pretty easy to use and the functions it has are very helpful. It offers on organized and effective way to track applicants. This is has been great for my company in particular in that we exist in 11 cities across the US and I manage hiring for all of them. We hire 75-100 interns every year so having a system that puts all of them in one place is super helpful.

Pros
It can handle the load of applicants we receive. Our staff can communicate effectively through the system, all conversations are logged and can be seen so you always know what has been communicated to the applicant and each other.

Cons
Can sometimes be a little glichy but customer service is excellent.

Carrie Nunemaker

GREAT money and time saving product

Reviewed 2015-07-15

We started using Hyrell about 3 months ago and could not be happier. We have 6 locations and are getting ready to open a 7th in a few weeks so hiring is a priority. The number of applicants we have received has been incredible! Plus, we have saved a great deal of money! Before we would place individual ads on websites and in newspapers, spending hundreds of dollars for little results. Since Hyrell posts on Indeed and other sites all at once, and allows for mobile access, we are getting many more applicants. We even added a link to our website so we can move towards a paperless application process. As for ease of use, Hyrell offers some great webinars and one-on-one help for my new managers. The managers have adapted easily to the system and find it very user friendly. As an administrator, it took some time to get set up but once I had the library created, posting a new job opening is a snap! I am new to the company and rolling Hyrell out was my first project. Thanks for making me look good!

Jacob Beckstead

Affordable, yet Powerful

Reviewed 2014-10-22

Embarking on the hunt for a solid ATS is a daunting task for people not actively involved in the day-to-day of Human Resources but when our company needed something affordable yet powerful, we turned to Hyrell. The bootstrap-inspired interface is instantly familiar and the methodology of moving applicants through the system was easy to learn. What attracted us most however, was probably the ability of the system to interact with FMCSA and DOT regulations. Most ATS providers can't seem to get an app tailored to that specific requirement, yet Hyrell has it ready out of the box.

Pros
Affordable, easy-to-use and robust. Capabilities of the system in integration and communication are excellent.

Cons
Not customizable. Hyrell has a tech team that works to implement fixes to issues and occasional new features, but they won't be ready and willing to make customizations particular to your business. You'll pretty much have to use it as-is.

Kathryn K. Teague, SPHR

Need help with your recruiting and hiring process?

Reviewed 2014-10-22

I have been using the Hyrell applicant tracking and recruiting platform for about 15 months. During that time we have posted positions, developed preliminary "virtual Interview" questions to help us get a flavor for candidates, linked skills and personality inventories to the site for deeper selection criteria and - most exciting of all - reduced our turnaround time for reviewing candidates, scheduling interviews and making hiring decisions. If you have never used an online portal for recruiting, you must try Hyrell. The platform is robust and the support team is great.

Pros
Very customizable modules to profile company, state job requirements and description, quick posting on several sites automatically, and initial virtual interview to screen candidates on a more personalized level.

Cons
Some data processing issues from time to time, but support staff responds quickly and won't let go until they find a solution.

Bobbie Bonavia

Hyrell is intuitive and easy to navigate. With Hyrell recruiting easier, simpler, and quicker!

Reviewed 2015-07-15

The pro's are the ease of use, the wide exposure it gives our company, and the reasonable cost. I like the virtual interview piece and I love the community library feature. It makes it so quick and easy to develop a template for a job posting. The hard and soft skills piece is very helpful in qualifying candidates at a glance and the virtual interview is great for getting a quick look at the candidates. I like the ability to communicate with the hiring managers and candidates through the system. When I do need help, I like the on-line FAQ's and quicklinks. When I need more help, I know I will get a quick response from our rep, Emily. Even when I haven't asked for help, Emily is proactive in contacting me just to make sure everying is going well. I also like the periodic webinars that are offered. The only con I have experienced is that if I don't catch a typo or a needed change before I post a job, then I have to unpost it to make the correction or change.

Desiree Crowley

Fits the needs of an on-the-go and highly selective company.

Reviewed 2014-07-31
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I like the contact and "face" of the various members of Hyrell. I feel like I have a background and relationship with the team, not just a tech support person somewhere in the world. In regards to bugs or issues, I appreciate the update emails I get letting me know things are being done to work on the problems. It makes you feel heard, and unlike a lot of companies, you don't feel like your concern gets sent into the world wide web never to be acknowledged again.

Cons
It has taken some time for the interview calendar bug to get fixed and the background check feature does not use sources we are legally allowed to use. Were still having to outsource our background checks.

Kate Stremme

Great website that streamlined our hiring process

Reviewed 2014-08-07
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The website is user-friendly and flows nicely when going through the process with an applicant. What I like best about Hyrell is the customer support I have received and the timely responses to any questions I have had. I know I can call or e-mail our rep directly, and she will get back to me the same day!

Cons
It took me some time to become efficient at building and adding a position to the library and remembering exactly where to find it when I wanted to post it. It was a little confusing at first, but it didn't take that long to learn.