PlanSource

Benefits administration solution for businesses of all sizes

visit website

PlanSource Reviews

Pros

The smart address lookup feature is my favorite piece of this software.

The ACA compliance portion of the system is really well though out, not to mention it's really user friendly and easy to navigate.

Berkeley C.

Jeannette Z.

Implementation went past schedule by 3 months because of errors setting up our benefits. EDI took 4 months to set up, some of which were abandoned, multiple times.

Leah H.

System is slow, my assumption is because of the integration in UltiPro. For $20,000, I have a broken system and am still doing manual work that I was told could be automated.

Leah H.

3.9

Plansource has helped us comply with the ACA and move our benefits enrollment from paper to online.

ACA compliance, online experience for employees (instead of paper), and improved billing reconciliation with our vendors.

Pros

Continuing to improve the software with frequent releases/updates. Has helped us better manage our benefits and took us from paper benefits enrollment to online. Also has simplified our billing process with our insurance vendors.

Cons

Initial integration was a little bumpy. When we first started using Plansource it was a little behind a few other solutions from a feature standpoint, but I believe they have caught up!

Scott, we are happy to help on the ACA front! Staying compliant is more important than ever.

Good product, not enough knowledgeable support or client education

I have used this software for almost 7 years -- it is vast and expansive in its capabilities. Its reporting system alone seems to be able to manipulate your data in any way possible you could ever need. The payroll interface is simple as is the benefits. The problem I face most with this is the support by the company. The training on how to use their reporting system and its vast capabilities are...

Cons

Lots of promises that fell through

-7 months later and my initial implementation is not finalized. I am in open enrollment and fixing way too much stuff. -The benefit codes that were set up in UltiPro take a PhD to understand. -The reporting feature which was sold as this amazing feature, actually is terrible. Want to move your column arrangement? Get ready to remove all the fields and add the again in the order. What happened to dragging the column to the order you need it in? I could go on for days, but I think you get the point. I did a lot of research and asked a lot of questions before getting this system. I felt so confident that this was going to make my administrative tasks with benefits an ease, that unfortunately is not the case.

Pros

Pros: - integrates with UltiPro - You can make custom benefit pages, but those go away after enrollment, so get ready to make handouts with the same information for your employees. I love doing the same work twice.

Cons

Cons: Implementation: - Implementation went past schedule by 3 months because of errors setting up our benefits. - EDI took 4 months to set up, some of which were abandoned, multiple times. - implementation ran in to open enrollment period. The implementation team stopped working on benefits for initial implementation and said that they were changing during open enrollment so they would only focus...

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that our platform didn't meet your expectations and that you had a negative experience with our Professional Services team. I can understand how frustrating it'd be to feel like you weren't getting the help you needed to be successful with the software. Clearly, we fell short, and I apologize. I'd appreciate the chance to follow...

I have been utilizing the PlanSource platform for over 4 years now.

Pros

We utilize the system to manage our robust benefit package. It easily maintains each person's elections, sends a data feed to each of the carriers, and does this all without paper! Open enrollment is so much simpler, and there are fewer errors. While the customer support has had some growing pains, I believe we are over that hurdle. Response time is great and the relationships formed with key administrators has helped us work through our complicated program.

Cons

I am looking forward to the new user interface that will make the site more responsive to the device the employees are using. There are times that people just do not "page down" and then they miss important information.

Tammi, We are so glad that we are able to add value to Murray Securus and help you and your employees during Open Enrollment and beyond! We really appreciate our partnership!

Devoted Client Of PlanSource

I have been using the PlanSource system for over 7 years for our payroll and HR needs. They provide a high level of customer service and continue to evolve their product with the changing needs of the market. I highly recommend their services to anyone looking for a system which can provide a robust payroll system, ACA and benefits administration, time keeping software, and onboarding all in one place.

Cons

Thank you very much Susan! We really appreciated it!

Nice HR software but can be clunky to use

My last job is the only place I have used PlanSource and it is nice to know that it is my go-to place for most of my HR needs.

Pros

This is a nice HR software that puts all the employee info in one place. It is nice to know for most of your employee paperwork and info is located here.

Cons

The user interface can be a bit clunky, so it takes a moment to get used to it, but overall it is a great option.

Not my first suggestion

Shop around, there are better options out there. PlanSource seems to only be about getting every last dime they can from their customers instead of investing the time to improve their system or establishing a good customer service protocol.

Pros

The smart address lookup feature is my favorite piece of this software. I really don't like or love much else about it.

Cons

The software is not user friendly and consistently has issues. The reporting software and functionality is among the worst I've ever used in my career. Customer service is mediocre at best and they charge for literally EVERYTHING you ask them to do or help with.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that our platform didn't meet your expectations and that you had a negative experience with our Customer Service team. I can understand how frustrating it'd be to feel like you weren't getting the help you needed to be successful with the software. Clearly, we fell short, and I apologize. I'd appreciate the chance to follow up...

Pros

The ACA compliance portion of the system is really well though out, not to mention it's really user friendly and easy to navigate!

Cons

Nothing negative to say about this software, only that clocking in takes a couple of minutes sometimes.

Good experience for first-time users

It was a good test in our search to find other platforms/vendors who could eliminate as much of the manual enrollment process as possible. I was a tester asked to jump in and help HR evaluate from the individual employee user perspective.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to see all benefits enrolled in per employee on one page. Shows year to year comparisons by person.

Cons

I didn't realize at first that some changes to information require approval, so key changes were made that ended up in 'pending' status without our testing team's knowledge. Lesson learned.

I use this application to submit my FSA and child care expenses

Good!

Pros

Easy to use, their expense claim processing is fast.

Cons

Their portal has some room for improvement, rest all good.

PlanSource Review

Benefits enrollment and benefits maintenance is easily done with PlanSource.

Pros

PlanSource is easy to use. Employee's are easy to set up, the reporting tool is excellent.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about PlanSource.

We paid for services we didnot get for 10 months They could not get it together

There is nothing about this company that I would recommend.

Pros

There is nothing I liked about this company all that is cared about is money not their customers satisfaction..

Cons

Everything about then is a disaster, Their accounting, their business practices their, employees leaving and just dropping the ball on their customers. They will not take responsibility for anything all they want is their money.

Easy to use, straightforward Benefits Management Platform

Pros

I've used a number of platforms to enroll in benefits in my career, and PlanSource may be the easiest to use. Information is displayed in a clean interface, you have a separate section housing all benefits documentation (such as flyers, insurance riders, etc.), and best of all, it runs FAST.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons for PlanSource, any drawbacks would most likely be related to how well your organization makes use of its features.

Good tool for Benefits Admin

A solid tool for benefits administration. Fairly easy to set up with your benefits broker. Ties in with Guardian direct feeds.