Spidergap Reviews

The employee-friendly 360° Feedback tool

Review Summary

Pros

Things that I like in this tool are setting up is easy, user friendly and customer support guys are very professional. They provide free trial set up which is very useful before choosing a tool.

Pranay M.

Travis D.

Free trial, prices for paid plans are good, has great reports and is very easy to use. Support is always very helpful.

Joe P.

We were having some issues and conflicts, by doing this survey across the board we were able to identify areas with needed reassessing and change.

Vicki F.

Only one tiny problem : need to have a function where we can send reminder individually.

Erna A.

4.8

Spidergap Rocks

Love the system, the outputs and the excellent, responsive support from the Spidergap Team

Pros

Very simple to use and setup. Does what it’s meant to do without any complicated configuration.

Cons

The Spidergap team are launching new functionality - in particular an impact survey for people who have received a 360 report and feedback. This is still in Beta phase and still needs a bit of work.

Highly Recommend!

Exceptional product! I will be using them again.

Pros

Setting up the questionnaire was intuitive and the Customer Service was exceptional! The reports are user-friendly and my client was very pleased with the results.

Cons

From an administrator's point of view, I wish there was an option to maintain complete confidentiality of the results. Yes, I'm the only person who can see who said what about whom, but I'd prefer that even I couldn't see that. We're in the US and privacy laws don't require someone on the project to have this level of access.

Very easy to use and effective tool - Outstanding support!

Pros

Super easy to us . Excellent support. Support is very responsive and friendly and always able to help. Also, it is a very reliable software that provides comprehensive feedback. I especially liked the functionality that let´s you compare each person´s results with the results of the entire organization. I did also like about this software that the questionnaires and reports can be easily edited.

Cons

There is not much I dislike about the software, however think that the software builder is slightly too basic. In my personal opinion the software builder is too similar to Google Forms. I would like to see a greater selection of different inquiry types, for example scaler or matrix. Furthermore, I missed an auto-save function. You always have to save your progress manually when using this software, which can be somewhat annoying and result in lost data if you forget to save your progress. Also, I did miss the ability to easily send repeat invitations to specific respondents.

Thanks so much for the feedback! We're so glad you are getting great support, finding the tool easy to use, and provides comprehensive feedback. We're working on improving reminder functionality as although you can currently send reminders in bulk any time, sending one-off individual reminders aren't yet as easy as we'd like. You mentioned you were missing auto-save... but we do now auto-save progress when providing feedback or editing the questionnaire. Was there somewhere else that you would find auto-save useful? Please let us know by email to support@spidergap.com Thanks!

Spidergap is a decent, middle-of-the-road 360 software that gets the job done

Pros

Easy to use if you only have one or two people to review. The relationship between quantitative ratings and comments is clear.

Cons

Missing a lot of basic features such as saving a draft (I can't tell you how many reviews I've lost due to accidentally closing a tab, submission errors, etc.). The way the software visualizes feedback can be terribly misleading. It paints a very bleak picture for areas for improvement, and doesn't take into account that the feedback is relative to all other feedback. For example, if my lowest rating is a 4/5 in three areas, those three areas will be visualized in a dark red and called out as weaknesses, despite the fact that I scored high on them.

Edit: Good news! As of 8 February 2019, we now support automatic saving of feedback responses! ------ Hi Joe, Thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate feedback that helps us to improve, even if it's not always as flattering as we'd like. As you've identified a few issues, I'm really keen to help you address these and to get further feedback to understand where else we need to improve....

Affordable, good customer service and an easy-to-use service

Really good. Great assistance setting things up and then there were regular touch points through the year. The tool itself is intuitive, simple and clear, and allows for plenty of customisation. There are richer and fancier 360 evaluation services out there, but considering the very reasonable pricing, Spidergap is a fantastic service that will enable you to run and manage even large evaluation campaigns with very little hassle.

Pros

The big one was automating away a lot of the evaluation process. once you have imported your list of targets and evaluators into the system, things like reminders, invitations to assess etc. can mostly be launched with a couple of clicks. As an admin, you get real time insights into any exercise you are running, and it is easy to view individual reports and group results. Their customer service is very good; great after sales care and they will often be able to take care of things like minor customizations on their end if you ask for it. In addition, their resource bank on the portal is clear and easy to search and has most of the answers you will be looking for anyway.

Cons

The software is really simple (which is a good thing!) but this means you are forced to use workarounds to perform some activities. For example, if you wish to resend a reminder to just one person, you have to find the automated email, copy it and paste into an email like Outlook to send it. This functionality should really be built in to the service. As another example, the group results are displayed nicely on the site and you can download the raw data in Excel, but the recommended way to get the visuals is to use a snipping tool; this seems a bit crude.

Spidergap is a rare gem!

This has been a very positive experience and has allowed our company an entry point into the automated 360 world that saves us time on the administrative end and allows us the opportunity to focus on our recipients.

Pros

The software is easy to use, the interface is appealing, the reporting is excellent, and the customization is just what we needed. The price is fair and a great value for what you pay.

Cons

The questions they started with are on the more basic side, but if you are starting from nothing, it is a great place to start. You can also easily edit their competencies or replace with your preferred rated areas.

Outclass tool with fantastic customer service and excellent functionality

If I talk about my overall experience, I would say it is the most useful software for me. It is no doubt the best platform that let employees with easy ways of filling out a questionnaire and furthermore providing them good chance to give their feedback securely.

Pros

I have been using this tool for many years, I would say I really love everything about it whether its system or support. It is completely perfect from every angle. I love the high quality of this tool and its quick response that fulfills all the requirements of my questions. Furthermore, it is extremely easy to use. It is the most reliable software that provides comprehensive feedback.

Cons

No doubt it is the complete package but one of the drawbacks is that it lacks the option to save information automatically. I would say if its team adds this feature it will look even more helpful but I am sure its efficient team will keep this issue in consideration and overcome it as soon as possible.

Thanks Travis. We really appreciate your feedback and you are right - the lack of automatically saving responses before submitting is our main drawback. The good news is that this feature is our top priority and is expected be released in the next 4-6 weeks! Looking forward to supporting you and the University even better in 2019 as a result :-) Alexis ----- Edit: Good news! As of 8 February 2019, we now support automatic saving of feedback responses!

HR Director

We are using this software to bridge communication gaps we may have. Getting the feedback from the 360's has become a very useful tool in building relationships and operating procedures. It made my job easier, THANKS!

Pros

It is easy to use, very user friendly! Reports are great, easy to read and all the information is there. It gave our management team honest assessments and tools to build upon them.

Cons

Honestly, I can't say. We have had a positive experience and we will continue to use this software moving forward.

Amazing Experience so easy and useful to use.

Pros

The results were beyond helpful. Very professional layout with great versatility to customize the annual review report. Each persons results can be compared to the entire organization as a whole to understand better their results.

Cons

It was a little difficult to set up the annual reviews for each person of the organization. I also had a little bit of difficulty printing out each individuals review.

Thanks so much for this review Craig. We're so glad you are finding Spidergap useful, and we'll look into how we can improve to address the printing issue + annual review setup you mentioned.

Spidergap reveiw

Pros

I really just like the flexibility, ease, and smooth movement during this amazing product Theee the simplest thing is that if you fell into any problem albeit it had been very small if you reached with them, you'll be answered very quickly and also that if you would like to allocate it with a selected one, you'll find it and it'll be highly technical and quality I counsel everyone with it and also Very flexible regarding questionnaires For me,

Cons

I hope the worth of the merchandise may be a little lower Also, I wish to take care of the confidentiality of the customer’s personal information, so I even have the proper to stay my confidentiality and that I don't want anyone to ascertain it or see it

Spidergap Bridges the Gap Between Employees and Human Resources

Pros

I got tired of employees emailing me their feedback and complaints and wanted to work with a program where it strictly functions in receiving these type of issues; that way I can keep my emails separate. I came across this program that looked very useful so I decided to try this software called Spidergap. It allows the employees to fill out a questionnaire which I customize. They can provide their feedback in a secure manner. I gather all the reports and assess them and this is where I can make decisions based on their feedback. The software is very manageable and contains a good price.

Cons

Sometimes the stuff I’ve written doesn't automatically save and I’ve lost the information because I accidentally closed the tab. They should have an auto-recovery option.

Thank you! We really appreciate your feedback and you are right - the lack of automatically saving responses before submitting is our main drawback. The good news is that this feature is our top priority and is expected be released in the next 4-6 weeks! Looking forward to supporting you and the University even better in 2019 as a result :-) Alexis ----- Edit: Good news! As of 8 February 2019, we now support automatic saving of feedback responses!

I have been using Spidergap for 5 years and am very pleased with it. Great system and support!

From an administrator's perspective, the system is very easy to understand and navigate. Building questionnaires / assessments and amending and copying existing questionnaires / assessments is straightforward. Adjusting rating scale and rater groups is very simple. Options exist in terms of question types - based upon just a single response that rates performance or frequency, or includes a...

Cons

Thanks Paul, it has been a pleasure working with you, and we look forward to supporting you with running 360s with your clients for many years to come! All the best, Alexis

Struggling to find fault - am so used to glitches/issues/poor customer service - not here.

I thought introducing 360 to our small business was going to be costly and complicated. We took advantage of the free trial as we only have 5 Managers across the country. I sat down one Sunday afternoon having watched the tutorial vids and used the chat function to get a couple of queries answered (which they did promptly even though it was late on a Saturday night!) and began to create my project....

Cons

Thank you so much for your review Fiona, the whole team are genuinely touched by your comments and fired up about how what we are doing is helping you and your managers. If there is anything we can do to help, or improve then do let us know! All the best, Alexis

I'm an external career coach using this 360 tool to help my coachee obtain valuable feedback.

Pros

This is my first time using this 360 tool and I'm very impressed with quality of tool and reports; ease of use; ability to customize to suit my needs; super fast response time to my questions (haven't waited more than 3 hours despite being in USA--different time zone); quality of FAQs that have answered 98% of my questions; and clean clear reporting. I also LOVE that I can include the Director of HR as having access to my project to view drafts, etc. but not to all of my account (e.g. other projects that don't involve her firm, since I provide consulting to other companies).

Cons

Currently, the tool does not have an auto save feature for participants, so I had to warn them to block out uninterrupted time to complete in one sitting. Spidergap acknowledges that this upgrade is something they are working on. I urge them to do so. Two other improvements that I've suggested: 1) ability to change relationship category without engaging Spidergap directly (although when I did their response was super-duper fast), 2) in email template to participants: offer a prompt for a deadline date so that respondents know how long they have to complete the questionnaire. Otherwise, we can forget to tell them.

Hi Cheryl, Thanks so much for your kind review. I'm so glad you get valuable feedback and that you like Spidergap's reports, ease of use, customization, support, and other features. We definitely agree with the areas to improve that you highlight and as you say they are on our roadmap for this year. (We'll keep you updated). Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback. All the best, Alexis

Fabulous tool for 360

We are wishing to develop specific leadership capabilities in highly technical individuals (leaders of complex project teams, rather than "leaders by organisation chart"). Traditional 360 tools cannot be tailored and do not provide a great fit for this demographic, as well as being costly. We found Spidergap filled our needs perfectly. We could set up a 360 project that was specific to this group,...

Pros

The ease of use, especially in tailoring the feedback questions for a specific organisation or project. The ability to add your own logo to the cover. The great self-help documents on site. Chat help was readily available too, although it wasn't needed often as the tool is very intuitive. Great value for money / no mandatory tie-in to coaching services that is forced by other big brands Very insightful and easy to read report with strengths at the forefront, not just weakness.

Cons

Very few "cons" but would have liked to have been able to easily send repeat invitations/ reminders to specific respondents, versus "all" or a long-winded cut-and-paste action.

Takes 360 degree feedback to the next level

Our key objectives for our 360 were to: - Keep the process clear and simple - Automate as much of it as possible - Provide more comprehensive and useful feedback to colleagues Initially, our main concerns with using Spidergap were about changing from an established provider, whether the technology was robust enough, the length of the survey and staff participation levels. However, those...

Unmatched Product and Service

I needed a 360 solution that was dynamic, configurable, and flexible enough to meet our needs. Working with Spidergap through the initial demo process was what sold me. The follow up conversations, quick responses to questions, and thoroughness of the answers were among the best I have seen. The product speaks for itself but it was a no-brainer to move forward with the customer experience I had. Administration of the solution is very simple and reporting functionality is exactly what I was looking for. With the way this company operates, I would benefit tremendously if they built out a talent management suite to include performance reviews, succession planning, etc. Yes, the solution is that good and easy to use and manage.

Pros

Simple to understand, ease of use on back-end and for raters, support and quick responses, configuration possibilities, templates for everything (rater emails - initial and reminders, competencies, etc.) that can be configured, simple flow and ease of use with reporting, rater manageability, reminder functionality, etc.

Cons

The only thing I did not like was having a minimum of 10 credit order for the first purchase. I was able to sample the product with the 1 free credit they provide which was great, but jumping up to a 10 credit order was a bit more than most smaller companies can do. Perhaps provide an option to start with 5 with a slightly higher price point.

Incredibly easy to use and very intuitive

Electronically manage all our assessment needs

Pros

I had a trial set up in less than an hour without looking at any documentation. then when I got into more complex needs, the documentation and support was outstanding. The process for nominating evaluators, approving them and then tracking the work of the evaluators is really good.

Cons

The survey builder is a little more rudimentary, not much different than Google Forms. Would like to see some more question types, e.g. scaler or matrix. The branching logic is simple; would like to see some looping, i.e. be able to repeat a set of questions multiple times depending upon a value provided by the evaluator.

Thanks so much for your review Michael. I'm so glad you've found Spidergap useful, have found our support great, and I've captured your feedback on ways in which we could add to our questionnaire builder. In fact, we've already got some changes coming that I think you will like - more on this soon! :-) Thanks again, Alexis

It was easy to create the project. and load all the necessary information

It is very flexible. It is a very intuitive system. The reports themselves are professional and provide the right variety of details, are easy to read and understand

Pros

The application has great flexibility and ease of use The support is fantastic and fast. Custom options facilitate the use of the tool. Easy to use if you only have one person to review

Cons

Can not select individual evaluation scale because it is not a mobile application, it can not be used anywhere. not particularly friendly You can not extract the questionnaire in the format that is on the site

Good news! We now have a new modern, and mobile-friendly questionnaire! You can find out more here: https://docs.spidergap.com/product-updates/a-modern-and-mobile-friendly-questionnaire-feb-2019

Great and easy tool for 360 feedback

Generating reports in my native language is fantastic.

Pros

Editable questionnaires, reports, support of Georgian Unicode, great support team

Cons

I liked least the price, if it would be little bit cheaper that would b great

Thanks for your feedback Lasha. I'm so glad you are enjoying our new language support features ¿ it has been great to see Feedback reports produced in Georgian! Please note that our prices do decrease significantly as you increase the number of people being assessed, so as you go beyond initial pilot stages you'll find the costs become significantly cheaper than the alternatives. All the best, Alexis

Excellent product, outstanding customer service

I used for the first time Spidergap to create a customised 360 assessment with one of our multinational clients. I was impressed by the ease of use, both in terms of setting up the survey and managing the results. The individual reports are accurate and I appreciated the possibility to customise further the personal development form to make it more relevant for participants. A possible improvement...

Cons

Thanks Stefano, I'm glad you've found Spidergap useful and thanks also for your feedback! The group reports are an area we'll be working on this year, so we'll keep you updated on these plans and changes we'll be making. In the meantime, let us know if you'd like a call to review how you can get the most out of the existing group results (spidergraph chart, filters, exports to xls etc.). Kind regards, Alexis Kingsbury, Co-Founder at Spidergap

Spidergap

I was asked to identify a 360 tool that was simple to use, configurable to our needs (in support of a leadership programme) and that had face validity (especially as the organisation is relatively new to 360). Spidergap has been an excellent choice. I have been impressed by the initial explanation of the product, the ease of use and efficacy of the self authoring tool in giving us what we need. And the customer support throughout (the product is easy to use, nevertheless we had all sorts of questions). I have also been impressed that the Spidergap team has both excellent technical knowledge and organisation/people development know how. They have consistently been able to help.

Cons

Thanks Joe, I'm really glad you've found Spidergap useful for your leadership programme, and that we've been able to support you with your questions. In future we'll be looking to provide more guides, best practice content, and other resources to answer common questions and help you get the most out of your 360 (albeit we'll always be happy to provide further support wherever needed). Thanks for your feedback, Alexis (Co-Founder of Spidergap)

Exceeds my expectations

Pros

Tool is very easy to set up and manage. Invitations and reminders are super easy to send out and the dashboard allows monitoring response rates at a glance. Quality reports with a wealth of data to focus improvements on the areas that matter most.

Cons

Can't really think of anything. I'll pick cost. But, must note, that the cost is very reasonable for the tool and report quality and I've added it only because my initial response of "Can't think of any."

Thanks so much for your review Melissa - I'm so glad we've exceeded your expectations, and we've got some improvements coming in 2018 that I think you'll really like too! All the best, Alexis

Spidergap Website Review

It was good and exciting, and it had minor disadvantages. The experience was good and informing.

Pros

The most thing I liked about this site was it give the user options to choose from and that makes it easier for the user even if the user is using the site for the first time.

Cons

I strongly suggest that a demo video be included in site so that it can be easier for the user to fill in the questionnaire and typical explames of the questionnaire. I honestly didn't like that because it took me a while to understand and that might make someone leave the site.

Thanks for the feedback Sipho - we'll definitely take that on board. In the meantime, we do have a help article that can be used to help raters use the tool (please contact support to get a link) and we have demo videos for administrators (again, please contact support to get these). Thanks, Alexis

Awesome customer experience and use friendly options to navigate

Pros

The support from the Spidergap team is fantastic, friendly and quick. Customized options eases the use of the tool.

Cons

as of now nothing to like least.. I hope the team is working on improving the technical functionalities of the tool.