Spidergap Reviews

4.74/5 (74 reviews)

Anonymous

Spidergap Bridges the Gap Between Employees and Human Resources

Reviewed 2018-10-26

Pros
I got tired of employees emailing me their feedback and complaints and wanted to work with a program where it strictly functions in receiving these type of issues; that way I can keep my emails separate. I came across this program that looked very useful so I decided to try this software called Spidergap. It allows the employees to fill out a questionnaire which I customize. They can provide their feedback in a secure manner. I gather all the reports and assess them and this is where I can make decisions based on their feedback. The software is very manageable and contains a good price.

Cons
Sometimes the stuff I’ve written doesn't automatically save and I’ve lost the information because I accidentally closed the tab. They should have an auto-recovery option.

Response from Spidergap

Thank you! We really appreciate your feedback and you are right - the lack of automatically saving responses before submitting is our main drawback. The good news is that this feature is our top priority and is expected be released in the next 4-6 weeks!
Looking forward to supporting you and the University even better in 2019 as a result :-)

-----
Edit: Good news! As of 8 February 2019, we now support automatic saving of feedback responses!

Travis Dixon

Outclass tool with fantastic customer service and excellent functionality

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-12-10

If I talk about my overall experience, I would say it is the most useful software for me. It is no doubt the best platform that let employees with easy ways of filling out a questionnaire and furthermore providing them good chance to give their feedback securely.

Pros
I have been using this tool for many years, I would say I really love everything about it whether its system or support. It is completely perfect from every angle. I love the high quality of this tool and its quick response that fulfills all the requirements of my questions. Furthermore, it is extremely easy to use. It is the most reliable software that provides comprehensive feedback.

Cons
No doubt it is the complete package but one of the drawbacks is that it lacks the option to save information automatically. I would say if its team adds this feature it will look even more helpful but I am sure its efficient team will keep this issue in consideration and overcome it as soon as possible.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks Travis. We really appreciate your feedback and you are right - the lack of automatically saving responses before submitting is our main drawback. The good news is that this feature is our top priority and is expected be released in the next 4-6 weeks!

Paul Loxton

I have been using Spidergap for 5 years and am very pleased with it. Great system and support!

Reviewed 2016-02-17

From an administrator's perspective, the system is very easy to understand and navigate. Building questionnaires / assessments and amending and copying existing questionnaires / assessments is straightforward. Adjusting rating scale and rater groups is very simple. Options exist in terms of question types - based upon just a single response that rates performance or frequency, or includes a second response that enables raters to specify the level of performance they feel is appropriate for each behaviour being assessed Narrtive can be added as frequently as you specify, enabling raters to provide examples to back up their ratings Rater information can be loaded through Excel spreadsheet, or added directly into the system by the Subjects, which saves administrator time manipulating spreadsheets. Additional raters can be added manually, if required. The email templates are easy to edit, as is issuing emails with links to the questionnaire / assessment and reminders. Reports are clear and informative - summary information at the front, with detailed scores later. From the Subject and Raters' perspectives, it's an easy to access system, just one click, with no need for passwords. The system looks and feels professional to them, so high face vailidity. For reference and training, there is plenty on their site to help you, including videos to walk you through setting things up. For me, it is not just the system that is important. Spidergap provides a great system, no question. It's also about being able to trust and to be able to rely on the guys who run it to respond quickly and effectively when you do need their help, having made a mistake somewhere. Spidergap provide support second to none. Highly recommended system and great support.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks Paul, it has been a pleasure working with you, and we look forward to supporting you with running 360s with your clients for many years to come!

Fiona Smith

Struggling to find fault - am so used to glitches/issues/poor customer service - not here.

Reviewed 2016-01-27

I thought introducing 360 to our small business was going to be costly and complicated. We took advantage of the free trial as we only have 5 Managers across the country. I sat down one Sunday afternoon having watched the tutorial vids and used the chat function to get a couple of queries answered (which they did promptly even though it was late on a Saturday night!) and began to create my project. My real surprise was that everything happened the way it should - the way it had been shown on the vids. It made me realise how often I normally feel let down by systems/software/customer service etc. Not only was it as easy as they said to create the project and load all the necessary information, when I came to the questionnaire itself I realised just how flexible it was. It's a very intuitive system and I was able to figure out very quickly how to amend every title and question so that it almost completely mirrored our own Manager Scorecard. This will make the feedback so much more meaningful to the Managers as it will be in their frame of reference and directly related to objectives and KPIs they're already familiar with. The questionnaires went out and some started to bounce back due to incorrect email addresses - again I expected issues in sorting this out but again it was simple and easy to delete the original questionnaires sent and resend to the new addresses. Just a pretty seamless and trouble free process which, like I say, seems a rarity nowadays. The reports themselves are professional and give the right variety of detail, are easy to read and understand - don't know what else to say really - we will be using again, and will happily endorse with enthusiasm.

Response from Spidergap

Thank you so much for your review Fiona, the whole team are genuinely touched by your comments and fired up about how what we are doing is helping you and your managers. If there is anything we can do to help, or improve then do let us know!

Cheryl Duvall

I'm an external career coach using this 360 tool to help my coachee obtain valuable feedback.

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-03-27

Pros
This is my first time using this 360 tool and I'm very impressed with quality of tool and reports; ease of use; ability to customize to suit my needs; super fast response time to my questions (haven't waited more than 3 hours despite being in USA--different time zone); quality of FAQs that have answered 98% of my questions; and clean clear reporting. I also LOVE that I can include the Director of HR as having access to my project to view drafts, etc. but not to all of my account (e.g. other projects that don't involve her firm, since I provide consulting to other companies).

Cons
Currently, the tool does not have an auto save feature for participants, so I had to warn them to block out uninterrupted time to complete in one sitting. Spidergap acknowledges that this upgrade is something they are working on. I urge them to do so. Two other improvements that I've suggested: 1) ability to change relationship category without engaging Spidergap directly (although when I did their response was super-duper fast), 2) in email template to participants: offer a prompt for a deadline date so that respondents know how long they have to complete the questionnaire. Otherwise, we can forget to tell them.

Response from Spidergap

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks so much for your kind review. I'm so glad you get valuable feedback and that you like Spidergap's reports, ease of use, customization, support, and other features.

We definitely agree with the areas to improve that you highlight and as you say they are on our roadmap for this year. (We'll keep you updated).

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Liz Clayton-Jones

Fabulous tool for 360

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-04-04

We are wishing to develop specific leadership capabilities in highly technical individuals (leaders of complex project teams, rather than "leaders by organisation chart"). Traditional 360 tools cannot be tailored and do not provide a great fit for this demographic, as well as being costly. We found Spidergap filled our needs perfectly. We could set up a 360 project that was specific to this group, tailor the questions so they were highly relevant to the capabilities we wanted to see them grow in, administer the whole process easily and give the group easy-to-read insightful reports to help them develop. Feedback from the report-receivers was extremely positive, and line managers were quick to share how easy it was to coach from the report content. We are monitoring the progression of a specific group and are confident that this has helped them significantly in the area of self-knowledge and in shaping them as leaders.

Pros
The ease of use, especially in tailoring the feedback questions for a specific organisation or project. The ability to add your own logo to the cover. The great self-help documents on site. Chat help was readily available too, although it wasn't needed often as the tool is very intuitive. Great value for money / no mandatory tie-in to coaching services that is forced by other big brands Very insightful and easy to read report with strengths at the forefront, not just weakness.

Cons
Very few "cons" but would have liked to have been able to easily send repeat invitations/ reminders to specific respondents, versus "all" or a long-winded cut-and-paste action.

Sonia Pimm

Takes 360 degree feedback to the next level

Reviewed 2014-08-04

Our key objectives for our 360 were to: - Keep the process clear and simple - Automate as much of it as possible - Provide more comprehensive and useful feedback to colleagues Initially, our main concerns with using Spidergap were about changing from an established provider, whether the technology was robust enough, the length of the survey and staff participation levels. However, those concerns were addressed, as: 1. The team worked tirelessly with us to ensure that the process was clear and easy to follow 2. Our current processes were carefully analysed and some aspects were incorporated in the design 3. A pilot was used to cue employee feedback and test the system 4. The team at Spidergap ensured that additional enhancements were included where applicable 5. Spidergap supported our internal marketing drive and helped to ensure that we had just over 99% staff participation in the process. The best bits about using Spidergap have been the support and patience from the team and their experience with different scenarios as well as the enthusiastic response from our employees. We were also delighted by the excellent data output and the richness of the feedback report, which is something that many of our employees have commented on. To anyone else who is considering using Spidergap, I would say that this is a unique, qualitative product which takes 360 degree feedback to the next level. Alex and Paddy combine experience in the industry with superb analytical skills enabling you to obtain tangible results.

Brian Owens

Unmatched Product and Service

Reviewed 2019-07-23

I needed a 360 solution that was dynamic, configurable, and flexible enough to meet our needs. Working with Spidergap through the initial demo process was what sold me. The follow up conversations, quick responses to questions, and thoroughness of the answers were among the best I have seen. The product speaks for itself but it was a no-brainer to move forward with the customer experience I had. Administration of the solution is very simple and reporting functionality is exactly what I was looking for. With the way this company operates, I would benefit tremendously if they built out a talent management suite to include performance reviews, succession planning, etc. Yes, the solution is that good and easy to use and manage.

Pros
Simple to understand, ease of use on back-end and for raters, support and quick responses, configuration possibilities, templates for everything (rater emails - initial and reminders, competencies, etc.) that can be configured, simple flow and ease of use with reporting, rater manageability, reminder functionality, etc.

Cons
The only thing I did not like was having a minimum of 10 credit order for the first purchase. I was able to sample the product with the 1 free credit they provide which was great, but jumping up to a 10 credit order was a bit more than most smaller companies can do. Perhaps provide an option to start with 5 with a slightly higher price point.

Michael Harward

Incredibly easy to use and very intuitive

Reviewed 2018-02-09

Electronically manage all our assessment needs

Pros
I had a trial set up in less than an hour without looking at any documentation. then when I got into more complex needs, the documentation and support was outstanding. The process for nominating evaluators, approving them and then tracking the work of the evaluators is really good.

Cons
The survey builder is a little more rudimentary, not much different than Google Forms. Would like to see some more question types, e.g. scaler or matrix. The branching logic is simple; would like to see some looping, i.e. be able to repeat a set of questions multiple times depending upon a value provided by the evaluator.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks so much for your review Michael. I'm so glad you've found Spidergap useful, have found our support great, and I've captured your feedback on ways in which we could add to our questionnaire builder. In fact, we've already got some changes coming that I think you will like - more on this soon! :-)
Thanks again,

Anonymous

It was easy to create the project. and load all the necessary information

Reviewed 2018-06-12

It is very flexible. It is a very intuitive system. The reports themselves are professional and provide the right variety of details, are easy to read and understand

Pros
The application has great flexibility and ease of use The support is fantastic and fast. Custom options facilitate the use of the tool. Easy to use if you only have one person to review

Cons
Can not select individual evaluation scale because it is not a mobile application, it can not be used anywhere. not particularly friendly You can not extract the questionnaire in the format that is on the site

Response from Spidergap

Good news! We now have a new modern, and mobile-friendly questionnaire! You can find out more here: https://docs.spidergap.com/product-updates/a-modern-and-mobile-friendly-questionnaire-feb-2019

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Lasha Iosebidze

Great and easy tool for 360 feedback

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-28

Generating reports in my native language is fantastic.

Pros
Editable questionnaires, reports, support of Georgian Unicode, great support team

Cons
I liked least the price, if it would be little bit cheaper that would b great

Response from Spidergap

Thanks for your feedback Lasha. I'm so glad you are enjoying our new language support features ¿ it has been great to see Feedback reports produced in Georgian!

Please note that our prices do decrease significantly as you increase the number of people being assessed, so as you go beyond initial pilot stages you'll find the costs become significantly cheaper than the alternatives.

Stefano Petti

Excellent product, outstanding customer service

Reviewed 2014-06-20

I used for the first time Spidergap to create a customised 360 assessment with one of our multinational clients. I was impressed by the ease of use, both in terms of setting up the survey and managing the results. The individual reports are accurate and I appreciated the possibility to customise further the personal development form to make it more relevant for participants. A possible improvement relates the group report, which could be a bit more detailed in line with the content of the individual reports. Overall we were very satisfied with the tool and very impressed by the level of service that Spidergap provided. All their representatives and technical support staff were extremely available, ready to support and attentive to our needs, in a way that I have rarely experienced elsewhere.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks Stefano,

I'm glad you've found Spidergap useful and thanks also for your feedback! The group reports are an area we'll be working on this year, so we'll keep you updated on these plans and changes we'll be making. In the meantime, let us know if you'd like a call to review how you can get the most out of the existing group results (spidergraph chart, filters, exports to xls etc.).

Kind regards,
Alexis Kingsbury, Co-Founder at Spidergap

Joe MCCARRON

Reviewed 2014-12-22

I was asked to identify a 360 tool that was simple to use, configurable to our needs (in support of a leadership programme) and that had face validity (especially as the organisation is relatively new to 360). Spidergap has been an excellent choice. I have been impressed by the initial explanation of the product, the ease of use and efficacy of the self authoring tool in giving us what we need. And the customer support throughout (the product is easy to use, nevertheless we had all sorts of questions). I have also been impressed that the Spidergap team has both excellent technical knowledge and organisation/people development know how. They have consistently been able to help.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks Joe, I'm really glad you've found Spidergap useful for your leadership programme, and that we've been able to support you with your questions.

In future we'll be looking to provide more guides, best practice content, and other resources to answer common questions and help you get the most out of your 360 (albeit we'll always be happy to provide further support wherever needed).

Thanks for your feedback,

Alexis (Co-Founder of Spidergap)

Melissa Martinez

Exceeds my expectations

Reviewed 2017-12-21

Pros
Tool is very easy to set up and manage. Invitations and reminders are super easy to send out and the dashboard allows monitoring response rates at a glance. Quality reports with a wealth of data to focus improvements on the areas that matter most.

Cons
Can't really think of anything. I'll pick cost. But, must note, that the cost is very reasonable for the tool and report quality and I've added it only because my initial response of "Can't think of any."

Response from Spidergap

Thanks so much for your review Melissa - I'm so glad we've exceeded your expectations, and we've got some improvements coming in 2018 that I think you'll really like too!

Gregg Oliver

HR Director

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-10-10

We are using this software to bridge communication gaps we may have. Getting the feedback from the 360's has become a very useful tool in building relationships and operating procedures. It made my job easier, THANKS!

Pros
It is easy to use, very user friendly! Reports are great, easy to read and all the information is there. It gave our management team honest assessments and tools to build upon them.

Cons
Honestly, I can't say. We have had a positive experience and we will continue to use this software moving forward.

Sipho Skosana

Spidergap Website Review

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-30

It was good and exciting, and it had minor disadvantages. The experience was good and informing.

Pros
The most thing I liked about this site was it give the user options to choose from and that makes it easier for the user even if the user is using the site for the first time.

Cons
I strongly suggest that a demo video be included in site so that it can be easier for the user to fill in the questionnaire and typical explames of the questionnaire. I honestly didn't like that because it took me a while to understand and that might make someone leave the site.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks for the feedback Sipho - we'll definitely take that on board. In the meantime, we do have a help article that can be used to help raters use the tool (please contact support to get a link) and we have demo videos for administrators (again, please contact support to get these).

Thanks,

Vijayareka Gunasekaran

Awesome customer experience and use friendly options to navigate

Reviewed 2017-07-25

Pros
The support from the Spidergap team is fantastic, friendly and quick. Customized options eases the use of the tool.

Cons
as of now nothing to like least.. I hope the team is working on improving the technical functionalities of the tool.

Craig Sheets, CPA

Amazing Experience so easy and useful to use.

Reviewed 2017-11-03

Pros
The results were beyond helpful. Very professional layout with great versatility to customize the annual review report. Each persons results can be compared to the entire organization as a whole to understand better their results.

Cons
It was a little difficult to set up the annual reviews for each person of the organization. I also had a little bit of difficulty printing out each individuals review.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks so much for this review Craig. We're so glad you are finding Spidergap useful, and we'll look into how we can improve to address the printing issue + annual review setup you mentioned.

Katie Gaier

Spidergap Rocks!!

Reviewed 2016-08-05

It was amazing. I got stuck a few times and the SpiderGap support people were awesome in helping me work out any problems that I had. I was working outside of my normal comfort zone so their assistance was greatly appreciated. The assessment is out to the raters now, including me!

Pros
It is extremely functional in that it seems to do most of the work for you. I was amazed when I uploaded the people being assessed and their raters that it sent them out so quickly. There was an error in one of the e-mail addresses so I got a notice right away and was able to fix it, through the instructions provided.

Cons
I got a bit confused navigating the software at first and needed help from the support team. But they were always there to assist.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks Katie, it has been a pleasure helping you get your 360 project set up, and we look forward to continuing to support the development of your teams.

Thanks again,

Alex Barrett

User Friendly, Flexible, and Great Support

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-09-14

Spidergap helps us run 360s for our management development programs on an as-needed basis. Most other 360 products I've seen are full fledged review systems that we need to have as a subscription.

Pros
Great UX. And the support team is super responsive. It's very easy to field a new or repeat 360 design.

Cons
the landing page for the survey admin screen is the survey design interface, which takes a while to load. It would be nice if a survey with responses took you to the results page by default instead.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks so much for the feedback!

I wanted to let you know that the bug you identified (where you had to go via the preview every time you review results) has now been fixed.

We didn't know this bug existed until your review - please do shout with feedback on anything else you find annoying (it may be a bug!). :-)

Thanks again!

Pranay Mateti

This tool is incredible and fantastic.

Reviewed 2018-05-29

Lot of time is saved by using this tool.

Pros
Things that I like in this tool are setting up is easy, user friendly and customer support guys are very professional. They provide free trial set up which is very useful before choosing a tool.

Cons
I feel that if they should create a mobile application so that it can be accessed from anywhere by the people who use it.

Janet Forsyth

Fit for purpose design with great support

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-09-23

I used the Spidergap 360 as a leadership assessment tool for a team on a development journey. I was able to customize the questions to align with the company values and mission. After completing the reports I gave face to face feedback to each manager to discuss their report and develop an action plan. We then embarked on a development journey through a 2-day team workshop. The 360 reports helped us to create self-awareness and opened up the feedback conversation so that the team could engage at a much different level. This was an essential part of the team journey.

Pros
I chose this software because the reports and results are professional, easy to understand and customizable. I ended up getting so much more than I anticipated. The service and technical support I got the team was exceptional. The tool was so intuitive and easy to use and the way in which I could set it up to improve team performance was really valuable.

Cons
Not much, I must say. I needed to be able to send an assessment "back" to the step where a user can re-select their participants without losing data already completed which the system can't currently do. That was the only aspect that I would improve.

Joe Payne

Spidergap is a decent, middle-of-the-road 360 software that gets the job done

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-01-19

Pros
Easy to use if you only have one or two people to review. The relationship between quantitative ratings and comments is clear.

Cons
Missing a lot of basic features such as saving a draft (I can't tell you how many reviews I've lost due to accidentally closing a tab, submission errors, etc.). The way the software visualizes feedback can be terribly misleading. It paints a very bleak picture for areas for improvement, and doesn't take into account that the feedback is relative to all other feedback. For example, if my lowest rating is a 4/5 in three areas, those three areas will be visualized in a dark red and called out as weaknesses, despite the fact that I scored high on them.

Response from Spidergap

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your feedback!

We really appreciate feedback that helps us to improve, even if it's not always as flattering as we'd like.

As you've identified a few issues, I'm really keen to help you address these and to get further feedback to understand where else we need to improve. However, I'm limited to 1,000 characters here so I have sent you an email directly.

In summary:
- I'm pleased to say that we have a new feature that we'll be releasing soon to address accidentally closing tabs
- We can support you in changing the Red/Amber/Green boundaries in the report
- We aim to be world-leading (not middle of road), so I would love to connect with you directly via a call to learn more about what else you'd like to see from us to reach that level

Adrian Willmott

Long-term Spidergap User

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-09-21

We've used Spidergap in our company, Arcus Consulting for years - since it was first launched. We use it as part of our consulting and training work with clients seeking 360 feedback. We've found the customer support from Spidergap to be exceptional - highly responsive and going out of their way to help us.

Pros
Very easy for feedback providers to use - we've never had anyone say they don't understand how to use it. So easy to set up a new project based on previous projects and then edit the design Clear, crisp outputs and reporting

Cons
I have nothing to add to this 'Cons' section

Harriet Rochester

Simply Outstanding!

Reviewed 2015-09-16

I am relatively new to Spidergap - have only been using it for a few months, and already I can tell just how much better it is than other products out there. What is really impressive to me is that they have managed to make a system with very complex processes that need to happen seem simple and very easy to use. The support from Spidergap throughout our project has been amazing, they're always quick to respond to even the littlest of questions and it seems there is always a solution. The system manages to balance functionality with design. It is a very pleasant system to look at and use. They have shown time and time again that they really know and care about what the user needs. The system can do so many different things and allows you to look at what's going on in lots of different ways, so you can always get what you need out of the system. I would highly recommend Spidergap to anyone!