Spidergap 360 Feedback Logo

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.44/10

Reviews by rating

Their customer service is very good; great after sales care and they will often be able to take care of things like minor customizations on their end if you ask for it.
Love the system, the outputs and the excellent, responsive support from the Spidergap Team.
Free trial, prices for paid plans are good, has great reports and is very easy to use. Support is always very helpful.
The way the software visualizes feedback can be terribly misleading.
Struggling to find fault - am so used to glitches/issues/poor customer service - not here.
We were having some issues and conflicts, by doing this survey across the board we were able to identify areas with needed reassessing and change.

FR

Finn R.

Accounting, self-employed

Very easy to use and effective tool - Outstanding support!

Pros

Super easy to us . Excellent support. Support is very responsive and friendly and always able to help. Also, it is a very reliable software that provides comprehensive feedback. I especially liked the functionality that let´s you compare each person´s results with the results of the entire organization. I did also like about this software that the questionnaires and reports can be easily edited.

Cons

There is not much I dislike about the software, however think that the software builder is slightly too basic. In my personal opinion the software builder is too similar to Google Forms. I would like to see a greater selection of different inquiry types, for example scaler or matrix. Furthermore, I missed an auto-save function. You always have to save your progress manually when using this software, which can be somewhat annoying and result in lost data if you forget to save your progress. Also, I did miss the ability to easily send repeat invitations to specific respondents.

Thanks so much for the feedback! We're so glad you are getting great support, finding the tool easy to use, and provides comprehensive feedback. We're working on improving reminder functionality as although you can currently send reminders in bulk any time, sending one-off individual reminders aren't yet as easy as we'd like. You mentioned you were missing auto-save... but we do now auto-save progress when providing feedback or editing the questionnaire. Was there somewhere else that you would find auto-save useful? Please let us know by email to support@spidergap.com Thanks!

RF

Ranil F.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Great real-time 360 feedback ...

Totally, it's a great tool, very professional , affordable, time saving and user friendly that can recommend to anyone without any further thoughts.

Pros

Starting from the setting it up it’s easy and clear. They have a remarkable professional support team behind your back any time you need. The free trial setup they provided helped me a lot to understand how it works before I buy. You can import the targets and the evaluators in to the tool and the rest is just simple clicks. It’s mobile friendly and very intuitive. The format of the report summery is my favorite. First comes a nice summary and then comes the detailed information. Professional and simply awesome!

Cons

I personally found it as a great tool. Other than mentioning "cons" I would like to give some suggestions in my point of view. I felt like the fluidity of the templates should be little more smoother and I have found a lot of features on the interface which don't use (in my cases) but for someone else they can be useful. Just wanted to share my experience.

CS

Claire Suzanne S.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

360 Feedback for a small non profit organisation

This is a new experience for staff within our organisation and it is making steady progress each year, we have had a 95% satisfaction rate from staff seeking feedback and plan to continue to use the software in the future.

Pros

This product is very simple for staff and line managers to use, the process is time managed and semi automated so we have control over what happens when but are guided by the system as to what works best. The email templates are great and the information upload process simple to follow. The question library is comprehensive and yet still allows the orgnisation to personalise to their own language. Excellent self help systems, but if you prefer to be hand held though a process, the team are always on hand to help out. The layout of the 360 document is easy to work with, user friendly and the coaching email that you send out before hand has been really well received by managers and staff alike.

Cons

I struggled with getting the time line planned out, I did not find that particularly intuitive

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Spidergap; we're glad it has been a valuable tool for your small non-profit organization. We're thrilled that the system has been user-friendly for staff and line managers and that you've found the question library comprehensive yet customizable to your organization's language. We're sorry to hear that you struggled with getting the timeline planned out, and we will certainly take your feedback on board to see how we can improve the process in the future.

PL

Paul L.

I have been using Spidergap for 5 years and am very pleased with it. Great system and support!

From an administrator's perspective, the system is very easy to understand and navigate. Building questionnaires / assessments and amending and copying existing questionnaires / assessments is straightforward. Adjusting rating scale and rater groups is very simple. Options exist in terms of question types - based upon just a single response that rates performance or frequency, or includes a...

Cons

Thanks Paul, it has been a pleasure working with you, and we look forward to supporting you with running 360s with your clients for many years to come! All the best, Alexis

AA

Antonette A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Superb Customer Support

My experience has been by far a GREAT one. When my database didn't upload correctly during our live 360, I panicked to say the least. But the [sensitive content hidden] of the Spidergap was there for me on the spot, and fixed the issue. Just [sensitive content hidden] has supported me through questions early as I was developing the 360. And, never once did anyone say, "did you check out the video library before calling us?" I GREATLY appreciated that!

Pros

The system was easy enough to figure out, especially since the videos are spot on and very easy to follow. But I had a lot of questions that were not answered by the Q&A section, and my spreadsheet upload in a weird way that not off of my managers were added. I did what I do best, I hit HELP and used the chat button in the program. Within an hour (they give themselves 2), I received help and support and service that has trumped all other program we would have ever considered.

Cons

Some of the customization that you cannot change, and it isn't exactly clear if they will send out all the emails listed of if you have to. I would love to see the reminder emails with some sort of automation to send to the people on a particular date.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for your wonderful review! We're thrilled to hear that you found our customer support superb and that our videos and chat support could guide you through the process. We're honored to have been able to support you throughout your journey, and we look forward to continuing to provide exceptional service in the future.

FS

Fiona S.

I thought introducing 360 to our small business was going to be costly and complicated. We took advantage of the free trial as we only have 5 Managers across the country. I sat down one Sunday afternoon having watched the tutorial vids and used the chat function to get a couple of queries answered (which they did promptly even though it was late on a Saturday night!) and began to create my project....

Cons

Thank you so much for your review Fiona, the whole team are genuinely touched by your comments and fired up about how what we are doing is helping you and your managers. If there is anything we can do to help, or improve then do let us know! All the best, Alexis

CD

Cheryl D.

Architecture & Planning, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

I'm an external career coach using this 360 tool to help my coachee obtain valuable feedback.

Pros

This is my first time using this 360 tool and I'm very impressed with quality of tool and reports; ease of use; ability to customize to suit my needs; super fast response time to my questions (haven't waited more than 3 hours despite being in USA--different time zone); quality of FAQs that have answered 98% of my questions; and clean clear reporting. I also LOVE that I can include the Director of HR as having access to my project to view drafts, etc. but not to all of my account (e.g. other projects that don't involve her firm, since I provide consulting to other companies).

Cons

Currently, the tool does not have an auto save feature for participants, so I had to warn them to block out uninterrupted time to complete in one sitting. Spidergap acknowledges that this upgrade is something they are working on. I urge them to do so. Two other improvements that I've suggested: 1) ability to change relationship category without engaging Spidergap directly (although when I did their response was super-duper fast), 2) in email template to participants: offer a prompt for a deadline date so that respondents know how long they have to complete the questionnaire. Otherwise, we can forget to tell them.

Hi Cheryl, Thanks so much for your kind review. I'm so glad you get valuable feedback and that you like Spidergap's reports, ease of use, customization, support, and other features. We definitely agree with the areas to improve that you highlight and as you say they are on our roadmap for this year. (We'll keep you updated). Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback. All the best, Alexis

EH

Erica H.

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Highly recommend

We are finishing our first round of feedback reports this week so I'm sure I would have more to say following the entire experience. Currently however, our overall experience has been phenomenal. I would highly recommend this product and company. We are looking forward to continuing the use of the product.

Pros

The team at Spidergap. The product itself is highly customizable and easy to use. The team exceeds expectations at every turn. They monitor your project and reach out to check in at all the important milestones. When I have had a question, the response is immediate. Every person on the team is knowledgeable on our project. I have never been as impressed as I am with the Spidergap team.

Cons

We have a lot of users taking the survey and not having a platform that is accessible to them costs the admin a lot of time. Users have to contact the admin to see what their progress is and who hasn't yet responded to their feedback request. Any changes made to emails that bounce as well have to be done by the admin.

SR

Sidney R.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Spidergap is great!

My overall experience has been great. The tool is easy to use, the customer service is fantastic, and we've yet to have any trouble with it.

Pros

What I like most about Spidergap is how convenient and efficient it is to use. It's very user-friendly, there are great articles to help with questions, and everything is easily accessible.

Cons

I wish there was more room for customization. There are a few things on the report we wish we could tweak, but it's not a make-or-break thing! A suggestion I'd make is to have a page for users to few outstanding requests, approvals, or peer-assessments they need to complete so they have a list of those in one spot.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! We're thrilled that you find Spidergap convenient, efficient, and user-friendly and that our help articles are useful. We completely understand that every organization has unique needs and requirements. If you could contact us with more details on your requirements, we would be happy to look into these features further and see if we can incorporate them into our tool. We value your opinion and would like to ensure that Spidergap continues to meet your needs.

LC

Liz C.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

Fabulous tool for 360

We are wishing to develop specific leadership capabilities in highly technical individuals (leaders of complex project teams, rather than "leaders by organisation chart"). Traditional 360 tools cannot be tailored and do not provide a great fit for this demographic, as well as being costly. We found Spidergap filled our needs perfectly. We could set up a 360 project that was specific to this group,...

Pros

The ease of use, especially in tailoring the feedback questions for a specific organisation or project. The ability to add your own logo to the cover. The great self-help documents on site. Chat help was readily available too, although it wasn't needed often as the tool is very intuitive. Great value for money / no mandatory tie-in to coaching services that is forced by other big brands Very insightful and easy to read report with strengths at the forefront, not just weakness.

Cons

Very few "cons" but would have liked to have been able to easily send repeat invitations/ reminders to specific respondents, versus "all" or a long-winded cut-and-paste action.

MH

Michael H.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Incredibly easy to use and very intuitive

Electronically manage all our assessment needs

Pros

I had a trial set up in less than an hour without looking at any documentation. then when I got into more complex needs, the documentation and support was outstanding. The process for nominating evaluators, approving them and then tracking the work of the evaluators is really good.

Cons

The survey builder is a little more rudimentary, not much different than Google Forms. Would like to see some more question types, e.g. scaler or matrix. The branching logic is simple; would like to see some looping, i.e. be able to repeat a set of questions multiple times depending upon a value provided by the evaluator.

Thanks so much for your review Michael. I'm so glad you've found Spidergap useful, have found our support great, and I've captured your feedback on ways in which we could add to our questionnaire builder. In fact, we've already got some changes coming that I think you will like - more on this soon! :-) Thanks again, Alexis

JM

Joe M.

Spidergap

I was asked to identify a 360 tool that was simple to use, configurable to our needs (in support of a leadership programme) and that had face validity (especially as the organisation is relatively new to 360). Spidergap has been an excellent choice. I have been impressed by the initial explanation of the product, the ease of use and efficacy of the self authoring tool in giving us what we need. And the customer support throughout (the product is easy to use, nevertheless we had all sorts of questions). I have also been impressed that the Spidergap team has both excellent technical knowledge and organisation/people development know how. They have consistently been able to help.

Cons

Thanks Joe, I'm really glad you've found Spidergap useful for your leadership programme, and that we've been able to support you with your questions. In future we'll be looking to provide more guides, best practice content, and other resources to answer common questions and help you get the most out of your 360 (albeit we'll always be happy to provide further support wherever needed). Thanks for your feedback, Alexis (Co-Founder of Spidergap)

VG

Vijayareka G.

Awesome customer experience and use friendly options to navigate

Pros

The support from the Spidergap team is fantastic, friendly and quick. Customized options eases the use of the tool.

Cons

as of now nothing to like least.. I hope the team is working on improving the technical functionalities of the tool.

PM

Pranay M.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

This tool is incredible and fantastic.

Lot of time is saved by using this tool.

Pros

Things that I like in this tool are setting up is easy, user friendly and customer support guys are very professional. They provide free trial set up which is very useful before choosing a tool.

Cons

I feel that if they should create a mobile application so that it can be accessed from anywhere by the people who use it.

Good news! We now have a new modern, and mobile-friendly questionnaire! You can find out more here: https://docs.spidergap.com/product-updates/a-modern-and-mobile-friendly-questionnaire-feb-2019

SM

Safir M.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Easy to use and to customise. Great support team!

Spidergap was implemented as part of our programmes, both the students and the teachers found it very useful and easy to read.

Pros

The software is easy to use, and the support team is very efficient and quick to answer.

Cons

The translation process could be described a little better. However the use of the Excel file is great and makes it very easy to translate the questions and the reports.

Thanks for the feedback! Good news translation updates can now be done even more easily, directly in the tool :) Please contact Support to walk through how to do this.

SR

Susan R.

Flexible 360 tool for consultants and companies

Spidergap has allowed us to offer our clients a level of service for 360 degree feedback we weren't able to offer before. The tool is easy and economical - and also follows 360 degree feedback best practice. We have used it for large and small projects and the structure easily adapts. Being able to customise to our client requirements is invaluable. Sometimes I'm hesitant to recommend software due to poor support, but the absolute opposite is the case here. The customer service I've received for a range of queries and assistance requests had been nothing short of excellent. Highly recommended!

Cons

Thank you Susan, I'm so glad that Spidergap has been able to help you and your clients in such a variety of projects. We look forward to continuing to work with you in future. Kind regards, Alexis

GM

Girish M.

Great functionality and customer support at Spidergap!

We recently came across Spidergap's 360 feedback tool and found it easy to use, stable and flexible. We feel that options to customize the questionnaire and feedback reports are well thought through and easy to execute. What I liked most was the friendliness, technical expertise and prompt service from the Customer Service team - they really want to help and clarified even the smallest of doubts. Congratulations guys - you've developed a superb tool and provide fantastic support!

Cons

Thanks so much for your feedback Girish, I'm really glad you find Spidergap is helpful in running your 360 feedback reviews. I'll pass on your comments to the team, and we look forward to supporting you in future! All the best, Alexis

KP

Kerasoula P.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Spidergap review

I am very satisfied with my overall experience!

Pros

Easy to use, inclusive of basic steps of 360 degree feedback procedure

Cons

A little bit old UX. I would like to experience a more modern front-end

CJ

Caroline J.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Funtastic tool. Easy to use with amazing support, help and guidance from the team,

Still work in progress ut I used it for senior management evaluation as part of a culture change program

Pros

Customization! Ability to turn it into what I need and the reports make me look so professional. I was ale to get different reports from this tool that will enable me to give a very comprehensive feedback to my client

Cons

Not so much the software ut I was a little it disappointed that I could not download the group analysis. However, for those who love this tool or are considering using it, google sheets can pretty much help generate the group results when you download the raw results and use charts function to generate whatever charts you need

CV

Catherine V.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Flexible and high quality 360 feedback tool

I was able to rn a very usful 360 process for a Leadership Team with relative ease. Everyone received useful feedback and the resports were easy to use and share with each other.

Pros

I enjoyed working with it! It is easy to use and highly adaptable - so I tailor it exactly to my clients needs. There are lots of resources for learing how to use the features, and also very responsive custmer care team. I never waited longer than an hour for a response that solved my issues.

Cons

Overall I prefer human contact so using email and the internet interface took a bit of getting used to.

GN

Guy N.

Very easy to use but powerful

I have conducted many 360 evaluations in the past through email, printed forms etc and Spidergap was the first online tool I have worked with. I was impressed with how easy the site was to use and how it made the whole process seamless for me and for the people performing the reviews. I like how easy it is to customise and the guidance is excellent.

Cons

Thanks so much Guy, I'm really glad you've found Spidergap powerful and seamless. We look forward to continuing to work with you in future. Kind regards, Alexis

KW

Kayla W.

CEO review tool

Was a great comprehensive tool, only made minor adjustments to the questions to suit our needs, was extremely easy to use and everyone who was requested to do a review said it was very easy to follow.

Cons

Thank you Kayla - it is great to hear that Spidergap has been well received and by your leadership team. Do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help, and we look forward to supporting you with your 360s in future. Kind regards, Alexis

DM

Debbie M.

Thank you to the Spidergap team!

The Spidergap 360 Degree Feedback tool has been an integral part of our leadership programme this year. It is highly customisable, so the reports that it generated for us are very specific to our needs. It was easy to design the questionnaire and the reports are easy to read. The customer service I received was personal, fast and effective every time I needed it. All this over thousands of miles too we are a company in South Africa and Spidergap is in the UK.

PB

Peter B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

A very easy and exceptionally effective 360 Feedback Tool

Very easy to deal with - great introductory demo call, simple pricing, really easy and effective tool to get 360 feedback. Highly recommend the whole thing.

Pros

Very easy to set up and administer, excellent online step by step guidance plus access to real people if you need help. A great standard set up but quick and easy if you want to customise any part of it.

Cons

Nothing really! All worked brilliantly. It would be difficult to find anything which could be improved

RM

Richard M.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

I was very impressed with flexibility of the tool

Effective 360 reviews prior to coaching engagements.

Pros

I designed my own questionnaire and found the tool to be extremely flexible and easy to use. The support team was incredibly responsive when I had questions. The whole experience was great.

Cons

Maybe add even more analytical capabilities into the tool. For ex, what does the respondent think the most important characteristics are of a leader, and compare that to what his peers and leaders think. Can be illuminating.