uAttend Logo

Time and attendance tracking software for businesses

uAttend Reviews

Suggested alternatives

ebillity-time-tracker
clockshark
rippling

Changing to uattend actually reduced our monthly costs slightly with a much better system. It has excellent benefit request and approval capability and integrates seamlessly with our payroll provider.
Cost is the one of the highest Pros but over all pros include the "ease factors", ease of use, ease of setup, and the ease to train our users (supervisors as well as employees).
Our overall experience has been excellent. I would highly recommend uAttend services & products to others.
The connectivity using this product was horrible. I purchased an extender for my modem and sat it right next to the time clock, and it still went down frequently.
It took a little playing around with requesting time off and there were some times when the request failed to go through.
Sometimes the updates cause more problems than they fix.

MH

Mary H.

Executive Assistant

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

uAttend Time Clock

Transcript

Speaker 1: My name is Mary. I am an executive assistant for our wine production company. We produce wine...

PG

Paige G.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Uattend review

UAttend keeps our employees honest and we can monitor them daily on whether they show up for work or not. It helps us notify our customers proactively if an employee is absent.

Pros

UAttend is very user friendly and when I have a question, customer service is very prompt in responding with an answer along with being very friendly and helpful. UAttend always sends out an email when there is a change so we are aware in advance.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about UAttend at this time.

SB

Suzanne B.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Uattend Time Clock

Customer service has always been very helpful. When we thought we needed a new timeclock, the service department helped me walk through an update that seemed to take them forever to get to work. They were very, very patient with me and the system and finally got the update done and it has seemed to resolve most issues I was having.

Pros

It's easy to log into. I can have instant access anytime I need. I also love that I can log in from my phone.

Cons

I don't love that if I'm working in a pay period that has ended, that it won't stay in that pay period. I have to keep changing it each time I go to a different employee's time care. I also don't like the recent change of taking away the color that noted overtime. Now it just blends in and I have to look for it more than when it was blue. It showed up right away. I also don't like that the clocks won't update automatically or that we are not sent an email telling us there are updates available.

SA

Sabrina A.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

We switched for a more integrated system.

Overall we were all used to this system and it was easy to use but, we needed a timekeeping system that integrated with our payroll.

Pros

This is fine for a single location that manages their own payroll.

Cons

No payroll integration for uAttend that we could utilize.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

One of the best decisions we've made

Employees were using manual Excel spreadsheets to record time, expense reimbursement requests, and time off was recorded in our accounting software in a very cumbersome and not always accurate way. Time keeping in general wasn't technically 'legal', as staff wouldn't keep track of time on a day to day basis, but at the end of each pay period, just run random hours. There's no hiding anything now - UAttend has been a huge HR tool for us, takes the guesswork out and keeps us in compliance, and is so cost-effective!

Pros

Accuracy of timekeeping and availability of multiple means of keeping records for time off, hours worked, punch in and out locations, historical review

Cons

We love everything about UAttend. When we're a little less than happy with a particular feature, someone seems to know this and already has an update in place, or if you suggest a change, they are open and responsive to looking at it.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Great product for our needs

We have noticed that since switching to uAttend our employees have become more responsible about tracking their time and we have been able catch certain situations where the time clocks have been abused and make the corrections or take the necessary disciplinary action.

Pros

This software is pretty easy to learn quickly and has many useful features that have aided us in making time tracking and payroll so much more streamlined and easier. We especially appreciate the time off request feature in the software. We also really enjoy the location services feature and the ability to lock certain employees locations that they are able to clock in and out from.

Cons

There are a few features that are a little annoying. You have the ability to set paid or unpaid holidays throughout the year but there is not an option for setting recurring holidays, you have to reset the holiday dates every year. Also, the software also has a mobile app which is very convenient, however, the app is currently very basic and does not have all the same features and capabilities that you have access to on the web version.

Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

Very happy I found this software!

Pros

This software was the answer to a lot of issues we were having with time tracking. It has given our employees the right amount of freedom to make time tracking less of a chore while maintaining our ability to monitor the use of the software. Our employees have been much more reliable about tracking their time and we have the confidence that our records are accurate.

Cons

As with all software there are always tweaks being made to improve them and that is true with uAttend. The tweaks that have been made have been very helpful but there is still room for some improvement. For example, I wish that from the dashboard you could click on the name of a user under the Punch Status box and go right to their timecard. The app is also a bit basic so I am looking forward to the update that is coming soon to see what changes have been made. I also wish there was a calendar feature on the dashboard where you could see if there are any holidays or time off requests coming up.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Works for us

Overall, uAttend has worked out for our business. The hardware, the actual punchclock, leaves a LOT to be desired. We have two which are constantly freezing or does not recognize fingerprints. It is so bad sometimes that we ended up having to give everyone a clock in number which defeats the purpose of the fingerprint safety feature. We had one replaced because of issues but the same problems with that one as well so it must be an issue with all of them. Beyond that, it has been a great platform.

Pros

Easy to use and modify punches, allows multi-department punches, accessible from anywhere.

Cons

There are a few limitations to reporting that keep us from being able to directly pull what our payroll processor needs

Tina C.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Online time clock

I'm happy with it

Pros

I am able to take care of both offices from same log in. My staff can look at there sheets but not edit.

Cons

It is very sensitive to fingerprints. Wish there was a back up option

KH

Kevin H.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Easy to setup and use!

I have found that it has been easy to use and very dependable.

Pros

It is straightforward to set up the biometric device, and the web-based platform is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

Not everyone's fingerprints worked and therefore people that are assigned a pin as a substitute will sometimes need them reset!

Diana B.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Good Product

Pros

It is pretty easy to use this software, they allow mobile punching as well

Cons

PTO tracking is a little complex and not easy to use

WC

Worthy C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great Product, Great Price

After initially using paper time sheets, the switch to uAttend about 5 years ago was a life changer!!! Having 10-15 employees that travel a 100 mile radius can make it difficult to collect time sheets. Using the uAttend app has made it easy to collect and report time worked, vacation, and monitor who is currently working. I highly recommend uAttend to companies of any size to track various employees working at multiple locations.

Pros

The ability to use the app or desktop function to record time punches. It is easy to see who is in and out at a quick glance. Compiling time sheets for payroll is quick and easy. Ability to talk with the help desk who provides quick and accurate response and access.

Cons

There are some instances when passwords have needed to be reset for unknown reasons, but it is a quick and easy process.

ED

Elena D.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Overall satisfied

Pros

We have been using uAttend for over two years now. I find the accessibility of all historical data very helpful. I can easily see the last work day of an employee terminated an year ago for example. It is easy to run reports and keep track of employee's sick days or vacation days, if you have input them of course. Additionally, the little chat they have in the bottom right corner of the screen is extremely helpful. They are very responsive and more often than not are able to resolve an issue within minutes.

Cons

What I dislike is the fact that the information you can put in for the employees is limited. I think it will be more useful to have fields for hire dates, termination dates and so on. Also whenever we have technical issues with the actual clock, the process of mailing us a new one, returning the defective one and in general the time spent on the phone with customer service is quite long. Also, when you put in sign in or out times manually (from the admin side on the computer) it automatically rounds them up which have cost us some hours discrepancies and potential problems with employees. Double check everytime you have to manually input somebody's hours!

SN

Strauss N.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Good for the buck

I've had a good overall experience and would recommend its use to anyone just starting out on using online and electronic tracking of time.

Pros

It is easy to set up and easy for the employees to use. I like the way I am able to manipulate most things if needed. Vacation tracking is easy, however I would like more variables available as to how that vacation or PTO is calculated. I also liked being able to choose how each employee clocks in, whether it is with a passcode, tag, finger print or online.

Cons

I would like to be able to delete a lunch break that wasn't taken

KH

Kelly H.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Simple, Easy to Use

Overall - it works for what we needed.

Pros

It's not complicated for the average user. Easy to utilize. For larger companies - I could see this working well with all of the options for employees to clock in/out, etc.

Cons

I would prefer to have a few more options - particularly for the web-based folks (we don't use the other systems, so I can't speak to that). For instance, it would be beneficial to be able to deactivate certain benefit codes if they aren't being used for the company. We have people who will inevitably choose one and the system allows it -- but then it doesn't deduct from the correct allocation of...

SS

Sabrina S.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

uAttend cannot alert you if someone does not punch in!

Since they became Workwell, the support assistance has really gone downhill. They don't answer their phones on time, they don't respond quickly to support requests.

Pros

I have liked that uAttend is pretty easy to setup and use.

Cons

The software has no capability to alert a supervisor if an employee does not punch in. It can alert you if a person punches in or out early or late but if the person just doesn't show up at all, radio silence. So our supervisors are having to constantly check the app to see if a person has arrived at all. Such a basic, minimal, requirement for timeclock software. Completely invalidates any positive features about the product. And support will tell you that many other customers have requested this (for years apparently) but it is not even "on the roadmap." Good grief.

MH

Monica H.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Excellent product and Service

Pros

My employees used to stamp cards in a time clock. This procedure permits cheating, there is a lot of space for human error when totalizing the hours, and it is very time consuming to do so. With UAttend now everything works smoothly. I had read about some fingerprint readers giving problems, and getting stuck, but that hasn't been an issue at all. It works perfectly. The customer service is very good. The chat is very fast and the representative are always nice and efficient to answer.

Cons

My reader is hardwired so I barely have issues with connectivity, it has happened a couple of times in more than two years using it. I couldn't really complain about it.

PN

Patrick N.

Farming, 1-10 employees

Awesome for my Small Business!

As my employee numbers grew, I was spending so much time manually keeping track of their hrs and also getting into arguments about the amount of hrs a employee had. This time clock and software completely makes this NO WORK at all! It completely takes all the headache out of this task of employee time keeping!

Pros

This software provides easy online access to my employees hours as well as a great phone app to quickly look up anything I want to know about the employees hrs worked. I especially like that I get a phone notification when any of my employees punch in or punch out! I am a dairy farmer who is away at times and it is crucial to know for sure if my employees are at the Dairy and milking my cows at the correct times of day.

Cons

None. A few times I was a little confused as to where to find something or do something, but these times were quickly resolved by the very competent Tech rep. on the phone.

CD

Courtney D.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

uattend review

Pros

Quickly adding and removing employees to and from the system. Great way to keep track of attendance.

Cons

Sometimes take a couple times as the thumbprint needs to be hitting the reader just right.

Hi Courtney, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It`s great to hear that adding and removing employees was smooth and effortless. We`re constantly working on new software upgrades and enhancements so keep an eye out! It`s our goal to provide valuable alerts, insights, reporting, and much more than just employee time tracking with uAttend. If you ever have any questions in the future, please feel free to reach out to our customer support for assistance. We`re here for you seven days a week. Warmly, The uAttend Team Text: (760) 278-6623 Call: (800) 518-8925 Email: Support@trackmytime.com

GS

Garrett S.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Great Time Tracking Out of the Box

For what it is for a small to medium-sized company, it offers a great solution for time tracking your staff whether you use the card or biometric scanners.

Pros

The solution is just easy to unpack and get working. There is a lot of detail you can get into, and new features are UI changes are consistently implemented, but you can get started with minimal effort. Chat support is also easy to reach and very helpful in learning about the software and working through issues.

Cons

Some features or functionality seem obvious but are missing or in development. Would be nice to have an "upvote" system where we can collectively vote on new features and see what's in the pipeline for development.

SQ

Selina Q.

Farming, 51-200 employees

Overall great but needs some improvement

UAttend has allowed us to keep better track of our labor and limit the abuse of falsifying time cards.

Pros

I like the simplicity of it. It is very easy to read and understand.

Cons

You are very limited on what kind of reports you can run. Even though it has the option to mark an employee absent, you can not run a report on absences. Also if you have employees who transfer departments and the automatic lunch deduction is on, it wont calculate the over time correctly which is a big problem. Iv'e spoken to uAttend support multiple times about it and they have also confirmed they have received multiple complaints about that problem but they have done nothing to fix it.

JD

Jim D.

Warehousing, 1-10 employees

uattend

Pros

This is what we use to punch in and out when we get to the office. It works well and is a lot easier than punch cards.

Cons

thumb print scanner can be sensitive, but thats OK.

Hi Jim, Thank you so much for your positive review! It's great to hear things are going much better since upgrading your time and attendance to uAttend's cloud-connected solution. I bet you don't miss those punch cards. Try to wipe your scanner clean from time to time with a dry lint-free cloth and it should help with sensitivity. Please don`t hesitate to reach out in the future if you have any questions or need assistance. We're here for you 7 days a week. Warmly, The uAttend Team Text: (760) 278-6623 Call: (800) 518-8925 Email: Support@trackmytime.com

CN

Cindy N.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Texting orders

The support has been awesome when we have had a problem.

Pros

Most of the system has been a asset to our newly opened small sandwich shop. Really like the texting and so do our customers.

Cons

The fact that their is NO warning noise or a flash going across the screen has been a real issue for us. I contemplated on taking this option off, the only problem is, our customers that use it will miss it. Also our menus and signs in front of our building display the number as well. This really needs to be updated and addressed. Cell phones give a warning for a text, why doesn't this texting option. Please try to address this!!

SS

Susan S.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Employees, Managers and Administrators love this product! 5 STAR

This was great value for the money. Very reliable software and easy to train and use. We use a biometric scanner as well as PC punch at our stores. This was the easiest to setup and get started of any I have used in the past. Easy to correct and the visibility to who is in and who has missed punches saves tons of time. The reports are great - just waiting for a more robust scheduling program and then the product will be perfect. It's already something I rely on so much and it has made timekeeping so much easier and more accurate than our old systems. Thank you uAttend - keep up the good work.

Pros

Ease of setup, east of use, portability for both managers and employees.

Cons

Can't wait for the upcoming Scheduling Software to come available. We are in desperate need of this as the Excel spreadsheet for scheduling by department is cumbersome and fraught with errors.

AM

Allenette M.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Hey, I forgot to clock out

Time card hours are totalled and ready for payroll. I use Uattend to calculate accrued sick leave. I can't get QuickBooks to work for this application. Vacation accrues also. Employees can see on their time card, hours available.

Pros

Easy to setup, fairly easy to use and chat is always available. I do like the new ability to look back on time card dates, instead of hitting the back arrow a hundred times.

Cons

It needs to be more report friendly. Data captured should be available for a report. Key strokes needed to correct a time card could be condensed, i.e. you have to position the cursor every time you start.

JM

Joanna M.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

uAttend Review

Working with uAttend has been a new experience for me and the learning aspect of it is very simple. I have only been using it myself for a little over a month and have not had an issue. The online chat assistants are so very helpful when I do have a question. They have helped me a lot in accomplishing what is expected of me in my daily duties.

Pros

The ease of logging in hours when there is a missed punch is a breeze. We have that issue a lot with our men working out in the field.

Cons

I haven't found any dislikes at this point. Everything seems to be spot on. I am still new to this and learning the whole sysytem.