Elexio Community Logo

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.13/10

Reviews by rating

I feel more confident that there will be less or no glitches in reprots. The customer service is excellent and the training has been very helpful.
In the best ways possible, I feel like I'm contributing to their success as they endeavor to ensure mine in support of the mission of my congregation.
I feel that the way the software helps with communication is great. I like that I am able to send emails as well as text messages to everyone in the database help with time management.

KV

Kendra V.

Repeat Customer

I attended the Elexicon conference in Orlando several years ago and it was encouraging to meet the staff members and creators of the program. One thing they said that has stood out to me and proven to be true over time. They encouraged us to reach out to them if there was a feature that we think is missing or needs improvement. Elexio is constantly improving their product and strives to work with each individual account to serve their unique needs.

Pros

Elexio is customizable to fit the needs of each individual church. I have now used the Elexio church management software at two different churches and continue to be impressed with the updates and new features released on a regular basis.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I do not like about this software. If there is something that doesn't work, I know that they will work with us to make it work for our church.

LP

Lorie P.

Versatile Database with Good Customer Service

I have always thought Elexio has a quality product and is constantly enhancing the software. The customer service is the best I have ever worked with. Elexio offers many educational tools to get the most out of the software. The staff are knowledgeable, friendly and work hard to resolve any issues we are having.

Pros

I like the many features that integrate with the basic database: Community App, embed calendar on website, giving platform, forms and registration. Elexio also offers good training resources.

Cons

I really like the software but at times it seems that some of the tools/processes are "close-but-not-quite" useful (3/4 developed). The integration with the Clover website was a big sell for us but some of the features we have spent a lot of time figuring out did not prove to work in the end or were limited.

KG

Kate G.

Not user-friendly

Pros

It has all the features I was looking for in a church management software.

Cons

There has been an error with the Elexio Checkscanner utility and print-driver for the Canon CR-50 check scanner that I brought up 16 months ago, and it still has not been fixed. The communication between the member information and the giving platform is TERRIBLE! I have had many duplicated members because all information didn't match what was already in the member's account. There is no easy way...

GP

Gwen P.

The technical support that you all give when I call for help is always very helpful.

Pros

The ability to send communications using mailing lists or any other list and the receiver does not see the long list of names that also received the communication.

Cons

After 4 years the reports are still like pulling teeth. I have a few basic reports that I use, but if I have to run a report that does not fit the reports that I use most. It takes too long to set it up. Plus all of the reports that others have run whether they work or not clutter up the log of reports. I wish that there was a way that everyone would have their own log of reports without having to go through all reports ever made by everyone else. I know that you can make a report private, but when you are needing a different report it is hard to fine the original basic report to manipulate.

Hi Gwen! Thank you for the kind words about our team. We have a fantastic new platform that may be a great fit for you in terms of reporting. We'd love to set up some time with you to share it. Please contact the team at (888) 997-9947 Ext. 1. Thanks again!

EB

Emily B.

Exceptional Support

As a borderline millennial (born in 1983) I am fairly proficient at picking up new things, and being able to figure out the intent of the software designer, and I grew up using actual computers instead of "touch screen smart devices." So for me picking up Elexio Essentials web based Community and Giving has been fairly straightforward. And when I stumble across something I can't figure out for myself...

Pros

For someone who is fairly natural and picking up new tech skills, this software is user friendly.

Cons

I wish it was more fully integrated between Community and Giving. Users having two separate logins is too much in this day and age when we sign in to so many websites. I would like to see more reporting options in Community/ or more training on using workflows and searches to provide us the updates we want on involvement. I would like the check in feature to take less clicks to check in children to their classrooms. And I would like to be able to assign specific ministry leaders to be able to approve events in specific meeting spaces, instead of just based on tech needs or childcare, etc.

Thanks for your comments, Emily. We will definitely pass your comments on to the team as we shape the future of the products. We are dedicated to ensuring a fantastic customer and product experience. If you would like to share any additional feedback, feel free to shoot your comments over to feedback@elexio.com.

DB

Daniel B.

Elexio Review

Overall, both the products and support team have been great. Our dedicated training partner has been wonderful, with knowledge of the product and of church operations. The development team continues to make enhancements and we remain excited that we made the move.

Pros

We started our journey to a new management system looking for a child check-in system. Once we began to learn about Exlexio's we quickly realized the entire church management system looked to be better suited for our staff and most importantly our member use. After much homework, we ended up purchasing the entire suite of products! The integration process was rather easy.

Cons

No product will have everything you want right off the shelf, but we found Elexio to have most of what we considered crucial to start.

MV

Mandy V.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Elexio Review

My experience with Elexio has been neutral. I've had some really good experiences with using the database and with customer service, and I've had not so good experiences. Overall, the database was a step up from what were were using. There are a lot of different parts to the software that one doesn't learn overnight. I'm still learning all the time new things, and I've been using Elexio for about five years. It can easily become a full time job making sure the database is up-to-date and using it to the capacity it is meant to be used.

Pros

I like to be able to put people in ministries and communicate in masses through those ministries. Elexio can take the place of your work email with all the information right there.

Cons

It's pretty complex. I feel like even after five years, I'm just hitting the service of what it can really do.

SM

Shelley M.

Really happy with the NEW Elexio web-based product. Much more user-friendly!

We are Mac users and in past years it has been a bit difficult to find database software that is compatible. We are loving the new Elexio web-based option! Very user-friendly, intuitive, easy to manage data. A bit of a learning curve coming from PC-based old Elexio (for which we used Microsoft Remote Desktop). But definitely worth it! Elexio is also aggressively working to make improvements!

Pros

Coming from the old Elexio, the new version is very intuitive and user-friendly! Screens are better layout and easier to view. Simpler report design/management.

Cons

Trying to re-think everything being tracked in "groups" within new Elexio, requires new disicpline and practices to ensure everyone is in correct groupings. Learning curve.

DJ

Deborah J.

I highly recommend Elexio

Again, Elexio has been very easy to use on a daily basis and is an essential tool for managing both our community and giving. When I do have questions or issues, Elexio's customer support team have been prompt, very friendly and very helpful. I highly recommend Elexio!

Pros

Over the years, I have used 3 other church software systems, and Elexio is by far the most user-friendly and easiest to use.

Cons

The workflow process does not seem to flow easily and is not intuitive.

MG

Melissa G.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Give Elexio Database a try!

I am the administrative assistant at a church where they use the Elexio database. I had no previous training with the database when I began my position. I was able to teach myself how to use Elexio and learn basic reporting features. The customer service is wonderful. They are committed to helping you solve problems and work smarter. In the beginning, I had a lot of questions and have learned some great tips.

Pros

There is great training available through podcasts, videos, and articles. The software is easy to use with lots of options to customize your experience. They do offer one on one training and I would highly recommend the additional training.

Cons

The cost of training was more than we could afford.

Thanks Melissa! We've loved being able to get you up-and-running and appreciate the feedback.

RC

Richard C.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

The Elexio Database is a very good product.

I have had and continue to have a very good experience.

Pros

I appreciate how simple it is to find a member. It is extremely user friendly. The company ensured that our transition to use the product was simple and seamless. It was a smooth transition.

Cons

A help message option is needed in Elexio giving. There are some reports that I need but are not available. And, consistently have problems printing and/or emailing correct and complete end of year giving statements.

MW

Mark W.

An Excellent Church Database for All Your Basic Needs

Elexio Essentials Database is an excellent choice for church management software for the small to medium size church with basic needs. It's easy to use yet powerful. Highlights include: automated workflows, mass communication, group management, attendance, reporting, seamless integration with your website, and optimized viewing on mobile devices. Another plus is that it is non-contractual meaning...

Pros

Basic church management needs met. Seamless integration with website and financial software. Optimized viewing on mobile devices. Cloud based access from any device with internet access.

Cons

Cannot create unique icon for shortcut on devices. Can only see one month at a time in calendar. Cannot choose levels of privacy in directory.

RH

Robert H.

By using Elexio we have been able to communicate better to the members of the congregation.

Pros

The Elexio app has changed the way we are able to stay connected and be able to see who old and new members are through the church directory. I love the way we are able to connect with guests, so quickly through the workflows. The customer service and help videos are excellent.

Cons

"The accounting portion seems like an afterthought to the software program" stated by our CFO. This is our main con.

CM

Curran M.

Used other for 1-2 years

Complicated, frustrating, but useful when with no other options.

If this is your only option it will serve its purpose, but it is a frustrating experience with limited capabilities for Mac users and if you are like me, and work in creative fields than that just doesn't work. There is better software such as Planning Center Online, that are much more efficient.

Pros

I liked all of the features it add in being a comprehensive database in the sense of being able to manage 2000+ contacts and employee access. Lots of companies aren't even able to utilize any form of software due to accessibility.

Cons

It is absolutely ridiculous that it's so difficult to implement with a Mac. I remember very vividly being confused about remote desktop and more, so I didn't even bother with it and accessed it through co-worker computers. There is no reason for this and needs to be addressed. The layout of the software is terrible, and everyone required multiple trainings on how to do the simplest tasks such as workflows, new entries, and more.

SM

Sabrina M.

We have been with Elexio for 4-5 years and we love that they continue to improve the software.

Pros

Easy to use, very clean look, that they are continuing to make improvements. We also love that it is internet based so that we do not have to have volunteers download software onto their computers.

Cons

The reporting could be improved and we would really like more options with workflows. I would like to see the help area be a little more people friendly.

cw

cassi w.

This is the software we were afraid to even dream existed! We couldn't be more thankful for Elexio.

Pros

Elexio has allowed us to combine 4 other softwares we were using into one efficient system. Reporting is now so easy for us. Even though we are somewhat out of the box for Elexio being a camp rather than a church, the staff has been super helpful in setting us up, finding better ways for us to manage our data and helping us work smarter and not harder!

Cons

Because we are out of the box as a camp rather than a church, we wish for a few capabilities that aren't there. A couple examples would be Mass Contact Records to see what was sent to who, allowing our forms to directly import into the database without exporting forms to do so.

Thanks for reaching out, Cassi! WOW. We are so grateful that you are sharing your story here. It's incredible to learn of just how many platforms folks were using that they are now able to streamline and this is just another testament to that. Please continue to provide feedback as it all goes directly to the team who are passionate about further developing the platform to the best it can possibly be. Best of luck and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

MR

Melinda R.

Valley View Christian Church

LOVE how Elexio works with our needs! Elexio works with every client to meet their needs. Amazing software!

Pros

Cons

Slow to sync events with database and web

Thanks for sharing, Melinda! We're so pleased to be able to serve Valley View Christian Church and that your experience has been such a positive one. If you'd like to share anything additionally, feel free to reach out to us at feedback@elexio.com.

AS

Alice S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Getting out overall Contributions

Pros

Ability to key in contributions and now with Beta screens easier to input Notes

Cons

The Reports that I am able to get out of the software. Used to be able with old version to have reports that I needed and save them to use each month. Starting to move to this in the "newer" version, but still have a long way to go to have the old reporting ability. Still not able to get a report out for Credit Card Charges by Fund giving to. Should be there within the database.

CQ

Chris Q.

Review Elexio Database

Pros

Most of the functionality is wonderful. After all these years, I've been able to figure out probably 99 percent of what I need to do in the database.

Cons

Sometimes support can be frustrating.

AP

Andrew P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Love Elexio and Elexio Support!

Elexio is a top notch company. There are some features that are missing on Community, but it seems like this software is maturing rapidly. We would like to see a more easy to use child-check-in software (similar to Elexio Delux), see more automatic weekly reporting, etc, but overall, Elexio Community is great!

Pros

Web based, great to use with our desktops, laptops, iPads and mobile phones!

Cons

Child Check-In complexity and restrictions (i.e. All groups show up... if child is signing in on a Sunday, Wednesday's ministry groups are showing... this can easily lead to check-in user error. It would be great to only show Wednesday's group on Wednesday, and Sunday's ministry from this time to this time...)

Thanks Andrew! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on Community and your experience with the team. You are certainly right that the solution is maturing rapidly, so we'll make sure these remarks get to the right folks to consider future planning!

BS

Barbara S.

Elexio Review

It has been positive. Still a little trouble navigating the database and doing the things I need to do for my job but learning things all the time.

Pros

The app for church members to be able to access a directory.

Cons

Working with lists of people that are interested in things. We had categories in our previous software where we could list these interests, now we have to make groups to put them in.

NN

Nolan N.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

A great product from great people

I had experience with some of Elexio's older products which were effective but sometimes difficult to use. Elexio Community has been a breath of fresh air in this regard. Being browser based makes it much easier to access on the go and the interface is much more intuitive. It has been great working with their training team and support staff also. Any time that I run into an issue or have a question about best practices when using their product, I get a timely and easy to understand response and it is great to know that I can call in and get help right away if I need it.

Pros

Browser based, easy to use

Cons

Some advanced features that I would like to see are missing at this stage

Thank you for sharing, Nolan! It's so wonderful to hear that Community has come in as breath of fresh air at Grand City Station. We are committed to serving you well, and love seeing that you've experienced everything we work towards. Keep those feature requests coming as we work to build and grow to the future.

AG

Amy G.

We love it!

After moving from a very outdated system with limited functions, Elexio has been a lifesaver. The integration among its various platforms (check-in, database and website) has made my life as an admin a lot easier. Our ministry leaders are getting the hang of using the database and the automated work flows are helping us tremendously with our assimilation process where we've previously fell short. Whenever I have questions, the support team is ready and willing to help. Fantastic customer service. I would highly recommend this product.

KB

Kathy B.

Love the app and web based product. Training and support has been good.

Pros

We love that it is Web based and user friendly. Support and training has been great. The app is a great tool.

Cons

Pulling specific information is restrictive even with advanced search especially with the inactive/active not part of the search choices, check-in reports are not easy to print only what we need, we have to look for the online giving fees as well as returns rather then receiving notification.

RR

Richie R.

Elexio has been very useful - a breath of fresh air from other ChMS systems we've used!

Pros

We enjoy several features, like a search bar that pre-populates, the appealing nature of each household record and the ability to link giving in a user-friendly way.

Cons

We've struggled to utilize the workflows completely and haven't been able to take advantage of absentee reports the way we used to in our former system.