RentWorks Logo

RentWorks

Car rental software with front counter and back office tools

RentWorks Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.81/10

Reviews by rating

It's ease in renting/returning vehicles is far superior to other programs. It also puts great reports together and makes me look smarter.
I've used rental software that's good for retail business and software good for loaner business. Bluebird is the one system that is good for both.
We have been using RentWorks for years and it's been great. Great customer service, issues are usually resolved quickly and the staff is always very helpful.
My franchise will not let me use another software so I am stuck for now. Don't make the same mistake.
The print engine is ancient and horrible in every way conceivable.
I told them that I don't know what the summary report is made of and it is for them to figure it out but have had no response since then.

DB

Dee B.

Automotive, self-employed

RentWorks Review

I started using RentWorks program for our new rental car business almost 2 yrs. ago. Great program to work with. Very easy to manage. I would recommend this program to anyone. Thank you.

Pros

easy to use

Cons

I'm human and I do make mistakes and once you finish out a contract and realize you have made a mistake, there is not a way to go back and correct it. If there is a way to do this, I have not learned it yet.

Hello Dee ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

MV

MARK V.

title

Pros

The natural flow of opening & closing a contract

Cons

The new phone system implemented by the new owner has caused problems. No answer, you leave call back info, no one calls back. Support hours need to be extended, including Saturdays. When calling with a "location down" situation there has been very little urgency on Bluebirds's part to get the location running.

Hi Mark, thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback, it's certainly appreciated. We're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with the phone system. We'd be happy to speak with you about those issues and see how we can resolve them. We'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss a solution. Thanks again for the feedback!

TC

Tina C.

Accounting,

Rentworks review from the accounting department

I can't talk about the operations side. In accounting, we use RW for posting revenue, Fleet depreciation, additions, dispositions, accrual and revenue reports. We post depreciation in Rentworks. If you ever want to reverse the posted depreciation, there is no reversal of the posting. Fleet depreciation has a handful of units that were sold many months/years ago and we have to manually remove them...

Cons

Thank you for your input, Tina. As you may know, we have created new reports to meet the requirement for your Accounting Software. Keep those suggestions coming!

ES

ELIZABETH S.

work with a great group

I like to work with you guy you alway solve most of the problems the only thing that i think that you have to get better if that if a problem can not be solve because is a buck that you put it in a list and try to getted fix in the next update or the closes update because some of the buck remains as that and it seems that no one is getting like a follow of that particular buck. But is really nice to work with a group that always try to solve our problems

Pros

that is friendly

Cons

some camps the permissions are all or nothing and it will be best that allow to make specific permission in some icons

Hello Elizabeth ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

jg

jenna g.

EASY

It has been wonderful, super easy to learn and to use!

Pros

I was chosen to assist with our rental cars when we lost our assistant. I was able to pick up on it, in less then an hour. So it is really user friendly! It saves customers information, so you do not have to constantly go back and re-enter! I like how you can modify the days without changing the amount of days the client has actually been in the car!

Cons

There is nothing I do not like a bout his software, except printing options, I would like to be able to print two copies at the same time!

Hey Jenna, thank you for the kind words and we're glad you are happy with RentWorks. If ever you are having any issues please do not hesitate to reach out to our talented support team.

NC

Nancy C.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Great system

I've been using Rent Works for the last 20 year's and had a problem's very easy to work. Customer service is right on point. They return call's within 30 minutes.

Pros

Easy to work

Cons

Hello Nancy ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

PS

Penny S.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

RENT A WRECK FRAN / PRICELESS

THE EASE OF USE IS THE MOST VALUED FEATURE. REPORTS ARE ACCURATE AND EASY TO TRAIN NEW EMPLOYEES AND FRANCHISEES

Pros

ease of use

Cons

needs to appear larger than it is

Hello Penny ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

ZM

Zahi M.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Best thing that ever since moon landing

I have been using rentworks since they were super dos very user freindly best reports best accoynting and claim managment

Pros

Reports

Cons

None

Hello Xahi ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

DS

David S.

Excellent Customer support

I had an issue with RentWorks functionality and the customer service guided me to the answer within minutes. Keep up the good work.

Pros

The ease of use.

Cons

nothing

Hello David ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

KE

Ken E.

Good program

Software has a learning curve, but once you have the basics it's easy to use. Great support people, always friendly and willing to help!

Pros

Easy of use

Cons

High cost

Hello Ken ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

DY

Dan Y.

1-10 employees

Happy user

So far working well. Support is the best. Always have room for improvement but overall I'm happy. Cannot comment the price because I never have chance to compare. But I don't need to compare anyway.

Pros

Help my business

Cons

Can do better on order procedure like AUTO SAVE after the typing instead of click save. Is time wasting when you forget to click save and customer waiting in front of you.

Hello Dan ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

ER

Ellen R.

RDR Car Rental

Since switching to Blubird we are very happy. The customer service is excellent. They are prompt and curtious . I love working with Bluebird.

Pros

Easy to open/close. Lots of reports for anything you need

Cons

Cash receipts. I would rather pull up the contract and pay there.

Hello Ellen ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

VB

Vanessa B.

Sensible Rental review

There are several issues within my system but that has to do with it being set up by someone else and me coming in later but I have had to call customer service several times to get help and some don't have a clue what I'm talking about and then some are really helpful. It's a good system as long as it's set up properly from the beginning.

Pros

It has all the features needed to run a successful rental business.

Cons

I want the program to stretch across my whole computer screen.

Hello Vanessa ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements! Note: Having made numerous attempts to contact Vanessa regarding her concerns, she has been totally unresponsive.

QA

Quinton A.

Retail,

Good product

Very good product. Some room for improvement like integration with pictures so me and my staff can send walk around photos directly to the contract.

Pros

Cons

Bad lag sometimes

Hello Quinton ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

JB

James B V.

Awesome Support

We have been using Rentworks for about 12 years now. The software and support is great! Our staff find it easy to use.

Pros

Cons

None so far

Hello James ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

WR

Winona R.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

bluebird review

Bluebird is not very intuitive. No ease of use. I completely understand why certain things can't be accessed, but what was so frustrating was speaking to one CSR and having them assist us....then having the same issue and another CSR wouldn't help. It needs to be consistent.

Pros

record-keeping

Cons

non-intuitive

Hello Winona ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

JD

Jessica D.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Great Customer Service

Whenever I have a problem I call and get a professional person to help me with my needs of my company.

Cons

HelloJessicat ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

MM

Marta M.

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Rofrer Venezuea Rentworks Review

It is easy to learn and use the system. It has all the information required to control the business. Sometimes it is missing more flexibility for management reports but it is complemented by Ciber query

Pros

Cons

Flexibility for some management reports

Hello Marta ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

DH

David H.

Self-employed

Small, Specialty Operation

For a smaller, lower volume company I feel I get the same service as the BIG BOYS in the industry. Every time I need assistance, they are ALWAYS there to lend a hand. As my company grows, they will coming with me as I have no desire to look at any other provider.

Pros

Its' ease of use

Cons

Since I am single license user, when I have a problem it usually takes me DOWN until I can get help

TS

Ted S.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Great software and great support staff. Ideal for a growing rental car company.

Making the day to day much easier.

Pros

It's ease in renting/returning vehicles is far superior to other programs. It also puts great reports together and makes me look smarter!

Cons

Cars getting locked up by user error and how it will local up if you rent without putting in the dates first.

Thank you for your kind words, Ted! I will have Harry call you about locked records.

DT

DENISE T.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

We are so glad we found a program we love!

Not only does the program work well but when ever we have a question or concern customer service is right there to help us through it! It doesn't get better than this!

Pros

Cons

At to times too customizable

Hello Denise ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!

KC

Keriyn C.

Great Program!

Through the short time we've been utilizing RentWorks, we are more than happy with the quality, functionality, and the Customer Support team. However, we did run into a small complication. I had a customer who had to exchange vehicles three times but the system only shows the first and last vehicles used. For warranty purposes, all cars used needed to be shown. I contacted BlueBird to see if there is any way to show all the vehicles, unfortunately, the vehicles were not able to be shown. This was the only issue that we've run into, other than this, we are greatly satisfied with RentWorks!

Cons

HelloKerin! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements! Unfortunately to limitation on the number of Vehicle Exchanges is not in RentWorks Software rather with the form us use to print out contract details and there not being enough space on the form. We have several other forms you can use that will accommodate up to 6 vehicle exchanges.

The best Vehicle rental system.

Pros

This software really plays an important role thanks to its extensive capabilities that gives us our time every day to streamline the process in terms of car rentals, also has several specific functions such as customizing the rental form at the right time , locate old customers and include notes.

Cons

The systematic process should be improved when installing the program, because although there are some improvements, in summary accounts can not be done in full screen, on the other hand it would be good if the additional controllers appeared automatically when making a new rent.

Ted S.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Feature rich well rounded RMS

Pros

Connectivity - bluebird had connectors for carentalexpress and most major gds systems, which made it convenient by automatically importing reservation information.

Cons

The GUI was a bit dated reminiscent of windows classic.

AJ

Ali J.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

New to Bluebird

We are still learning the system, as we are pretty new. The customer support has been amazing walking us through every step, and being close at hand when we need help in a hurry. We really appreciate the service and the system.

Pros

Just the ease of use.

Cons

Until we get to know the system, it is taking too long to enter information.

Hello Ali ! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you are pleased with our RentWorks Product. Thank you for choosing Bluebird Auto Rental Systems. By the way, be on the lookout for our next update (Version 5) coming up in the next couple months. Fresh new look and lots of enhancements!