Towbook Management Software Reviews

Lee B.

Jessica V.

Ease of use and the Account Service and Customer Service is outstanding. Programming was easy and transferring of files was completed within 24 hours from our previous Digital Dispatch Company.

Terri C.

Cons

I had a quick question, nothing urgent so I sent an email to customer support expecting a call first thing in the morning. I was shocked when they called me no more than five minutes later.

James R.

Maybe that all fields need to be filled in before sending a job out. Only because our dispatchers can be quite forgetful at times, but the is almost impossible to do.

Dawn J.

The customer service is second to none. Always someone available to help if we encounter a problem and that problem is addressed immediately.

Robin D.

4.9

Towbook Grew Our Company

We are wrapping up our 3rd year using Towbook. Our business has doubled in truck and staff count, but we can achieve all of our billing needs in less than 20 hours a week. That’s one part time position to cover 24,000 calls a year. From management to drivers and dispatchers, Towbook continues to stay on top of an ever changing industry at a very fair price. The ease of use in the office and on the road is astounding.

Pros

Automation of invoicing Auto submission to motor clubs GPS tracking of drivers Easy to use reporting Commission tracking Impounds customized to our state Constant advancements of software 1st class customer service

Cons

The only con I can find is that I wished we had started sooner.

I wish there were 10 stars available for their tech support.....

I have satellite offices and we had trouble coordinating drivers, calls, and information from one admin/dispatcher to the next. Towbook is a VERY affordable option that gives you as much bang for your buck as you can find anywhere. Plus you don't get stuck on hold to speak to someone halfway around the world when you have problems. They have a variety of ways to contact them and they respond in a timely fashion every single time.

Pros

I like most that it's easy to use. I love that it's cloud-based so we can unify all my operations in different places to one real-time experience. I love that the company is very responsive to developing new features independently, but also works hard to implement changes requested by customers. There is not one human being at Towbook software that I have run into so far that I wouldn't be happy to have at my company!

Cons

I seriously have no complaints. Can't complain about the cost, the overall value, or even the ease of getting it set up. They could have called it "Dispatch software for dummies" and wouldn't have been far from the truth.

24/7 is nothing but angry sleepy voice so made that we called at 2 am to ask for help login!!

NA

Pros

DIGITALLY DISPATCH WORKING WITH MOTOR CLUBS

Cons

24/7 CUSTOMER SUPPORT RUDENESS AND UN-LOGIC SOLUTION AND HANGING UP ON YOU WOW!!!

Best Decision Ever

The staff at Towbook are top notch. Always helpful and friendly, and always able to assist. If they don't have the answer immediately, they will research the situation and find an answer. They are familiar with the towing industry, and it shows in their knowledge in responding to questions and concerns. They take comments and suggestions and actually implement them into the upgrades in the software package. I would recommend Towbook to anyone in the industry, the use of the software has created such an accountability for our income, it is unbelievable. It pays for itself time and time again! Towbook ROCKS!!

Pros

Complete customization to allow for the most functional use and integration into our current operation. Customer service is top notch, always helpful, friendly, and timely! Continued upgrades are always useful and allow for even greater efficiency in running our tow operation. The ability to generate custom letters is also extremely helpful. The ability to have multiple users at no added cost is key!

Cons

Nothing negative to say about this software.

Revolutionized My Dispatch System

Towbook make's it easy to contact them with questions or problems. The response has always been quick & simplistic. I would highly recommend the service to anyone in the industry

Pros

Love to be able to check my impound vehicles on the go. It has made my world simple to be able to dispatch even from the road. As an owner operator, jumping into a truck and responding to a call, but still being able to dispatch or respond to customer's questions about impound vehicles is nothing less than simple. How it calculates the charges and that you can set parameters for each customer makes it easy for the drivers to properly enter info with ease. With A mobile device you can work from anywhere.

Cons

Sometimes during month end billing the program runs slowly it can be frustrating as the delay can cause costly time. I like to do month end on the last day of the month or the first day of the next month, and like to pound thru it quickly. When it slows down, I have a tendency to walk away and start another project. This delays me coming back to finish billing.

Service I can not live without anymore

I can bill, make payroll, and dispatch all from my computer and phone. Less time on the phone and more time on the computer. I love it. Thank you making the transition so easy and helping my dad with things he needs so he can use it. Now all of my four companies use this software and we are making things happen for our customer at a rapid rate. Can not thank Tom Bacon for signing me up at the Baltimore Tow Show. I love you guys.

Pros

I love the fact that I can receive and dispatch calls from different motorclubs without texting or printing anymore. I save money from printing and also headache from whether a call was dispatched or not.

Cons

The fact it has a few bugs that crash the app occasionally and hard to ;load up sometimes.

Next level

This product has changed my life and my way of doing business. Efficiency and transparency and my greatest benefit from this product. I love the fact that there is no contract or hidden fees. Set up was very easy and I was up and running in one day.

Pros

I can control and operate my business from anywhere

Cons

Would love to be able to store video

The Best Customer Service Team

I was sceptical when I first tried Towbook, thinking it was going to cost a lot and my gain would stay the same. Not true. Towbook has organized my accounting, sped up payment processing, and I feel like our call volume has increased because of our digital efficiency.

Pros

Every question I have, they are amazing about solving my problems and making my job easier.

Cons

Not every motor club has gotten integrated yet. Not towbook's fault. haha I would also like if I could give drivers more dispatching control without having to make them managers, allowing too much access to my program.

Superior Towing Management Software!

This software has brought so much technical simplicity to our company, alowing us to run our operations extremely efficient.

Pros

Support and their vast knowledge of the towing industry.

Cons

Great! Love it, and would recommend it to everyone!

Pros

Towbook is great whether for the large towing company or the mom & pop towing company. Big or Small it meets everyone’s needs.

Cons

When it’s time for an update, it does effect our use. We have to sign in & our of the app multiple times, to make it work

Best Customer Service I have ever received

Pros

Overall it is easy to use with a small amount of explanation. I feel like the programming is headed in the right direction. Towbook was recommended to me over and over and I feel like the main reason is the customer service. Here is a great example: I was notified a task/ticket needed to be created for an issue I was having, that it was created, that the conversation will be closed and that Towbook will contact me when they have a resolution. They have great communication! They are also available 24/7 which is great considering I do most of my paperwork after 10pm.

Cons

It all comes down to who and how you do business with them. IE: The Autoclub NSD is extremely limited in what you can do, basically used only for dispatching. You cannot do any auto billing or payment tracking for them due to the Autoclubs limitation (not Towbooks issue but I was sold on the fact that you could). They have to be treated more like a shop account which is time consuming when they...

Amazing software

Amazing. Great support, great product!

Pros

I absolutely love this software. Previously, we were using another product and the customer support was horrible. I began searching for a software that could meet all our needs and stumbled across Towbook. Two days into the free trial I was convinced it was exactly what we needed. The in app support is outstanding. The longest we've waited for a reply is maybe 5 minutes. Average response time I'd say is 2-3 minutes. I would also like to point out that some people are hesitant to trust "Cloud Based" software. In all the years we've used Towbook, we have NEVER had a connection issue or data issues. It has ran flawlessly. The features in Towbook check almost every box I could imagine a towing company would need. You won't be disappointed.

Cons

The only con I could think of is some features are only part of the higher tiers. So if you aren't a very high volume company and could get by with a cheaper plan, you may have to purchase a higher one just to get all the features you would like. But even with that said, it's still worth it to me.

why Towbook works for us

getting to the disablement location a providing service in a timely manner

Pros

easy to use, run plates to get vin numbers and the uploading of photos is easy, the ease for the user makes it a plus

Cons

the maps are some times off and will lead the driver miles off course causing the call to the customer to be late

Is there perfection?

Just when I think Towbook couldn't possibly implement anything new that would help. BAM!! There it is..."The Next Best Thing!" That should be Towbooks Motto: "Towbook.....The Next Best Thing!"

Pros

What's not to like. I have yet to find an issue. The crew does everything they can to help you along the way. They are just a click away and it's always like talking to a friend. They partner SUPERB customer service along with AMAZING software that truly streamlines our entire business. With a gun to my head i'd be challenged to find a down fall.

Cons

NOTHING. There is absolutely NOTHING to not like.

THE GOOD THE BAD THE UGLY

2 YEARS AGO I LOOKED AT THIS TOW SOFTWARE PROGRAM. I DIDN'T GO WITH IT BECAUSE IT DIDN'T OFFER ALL OF THE FUNCTIONS I WANTED IN A TOWING SOFTWARE PROGRAM. AFTER A YEAR OF TRYING 4 OTHER SOFTWARE PROGRAMS I LOOKED AT TOWBOOK AGAIN. THIS COMPANY HAD MADE SO MANY IMPROVEMENTS IT WAS UNBELIVABLE. WHEN I FIRST TALKED WITH THEM, THEY SAID THEY WERE AN AGRESSIVE TOWING SOFTWARE COMPANY & THAT THEY WOULD BE MAKING IMPROVEMENTS. I JUST THOUGHT THAT WAS A SALES PITCH. AFTER CHECKING OUT THEIR SOFTWARE A YEAR LATER I WAS CONVINCED. THEY HAD ADDED ALL OF THE FUNCTIONS I WANTED & MORE.

Pros

QUALITY PROGRAM WITH CONSTANT IMPROVEMENTS. GREAT TECH SUPPORT. FOR WHAT YOU GET, THE PRICE IS GREAT. SOME OF THE OTHER COMPANIES WERE ALMOST 4 TIMES AS MUCH PLUS THEY TRY TO NICKLE & DIME YOU. YOU CAN TELL HOW GOOD THE SOFTWARE IS WHEN YOU & ALL OF YOUR EMPLOYEES PICK IT QUICK.

Cons

I MADE THE MISTAKE OF WASTING TIME & PLENTY MONEY WITH THE BAD & UGLY SOFTWARE BUT THINK GOODNESS I WENT WITH THE GOOD.

Amazing Product and Customer Service Agents

I think it has been amazing. I also think that you guys should recognize support team which has very professional well-spoken agents. The team always resolves any issues we have no matter how big or small and is also very quick to respond when we do have a concern. The team is also very uplifting and positive when you speak to them on the phone! One of the best customer service representatives I have ever come across.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to use the product. I also like how it can be used by drivers as well and put on multiple different devices.

Cons

Maybe just how many updates but that is the way of technology and why your program works so well.

Best Tow Truck Dispatch Software ever used till now

It had helped our business better organized in Dispatch, Accounting, and GPS Tracking!

Pros

User-friendly, in the cloud, unlimited users, Digital Dispatch API integration with Allstate, NSD, DAA, Tesla and lots other and the best part about this is always evolving and improving! The inbuilt GPS tracking is another awesome feature. Kudos to Customer Service 24 X 7 available, we had reached them when we needed and they are always ready to help. We never had to wait more than 5 mins for help.

Cons

Nothing! Nothing to complain about this software.

TRY IT. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED

I am extremely happy with Towbook. I work with AAA, and AAA changed their platform. It completely put a stop to getting AAA calls pushed over to Towbook. With the help of Towbooks support team, we think we finally have the answers to the problem of getting these AAA calls automatically pushed over to Towbook. Thank you support team at Towbook!

Pros

We started out using Towbook a couple of years ago for a "free trial". We now use it all the time. Its money well spent. They keep updating different features that can make your life easier.

Cons

Dont really have anything negative to add

The absolute best in dispatching software and customer service!!

I am able to calculate commissions for drivers, profit for the company, enter expenses, see reports, and run my business efficiently because of this amazing software.

Pros

Super simple to use, calculates mileage for you, create custom forms and emails receipts automatically. There is no need for training on this software, and the customer service team is always available when you need them. Literally, I have called at all hours of the night and always reached someone and gotten the situation figured out right away.

Cons

Every once in a while I have to logout and in to reset the account for changes to take hold. I literally have no other complaints. This isn't even really a complaint.

Great Product

Towbook allows us to effectively manage our dispatches, trucks, drivers, and accounting all on one platform. The value is incredible, the service is incredible, and the best part is they are constantly evolving. We enjoy seeing the changes from time to time. As they evolve, we evolve. It is truly a great relationship.

Pros

We have been with Towbook since day 1 of our business. They have been with us from 1 truck now all the way up to 12 in the fleet. The software has worked flawless and also comes at a great price.

Cons

No complaints here. Everything works great!

customer service magic

speed. it has decreased the time to dispatch. which means we are moving calls faster and giving our drivers the opportunity to get to calls with in the eta's. the reports section is awesome, i am a numbers guy and numbers don't lie and these reports help me understand our business. our accounts love the email option and our customers. we are saving 2500 per year just in going paperless.

Pros

besides the fact that is easy to use and the drivers app is works very well. it's the customer service that i really enjoy. these guys and gals at towbook are friendly, fast, and our honest. if it's a quick fix it's a quick fix if it's gonna take time they will keep you updated. in other words they are the chik filet of tow software.

Cons

so far nothing. they listen. they fix what they can and help mold the software to your needs and if not you can make a suggestion and they listen.

Simply the best

Anytime we've ever had an issue their team works diligently to resolve it in a timely manner. In the towing world timely is maybe a few minutes with the demand of service we dont have the time cor failure, whether it be our towing equipment or our software! They are fantastic!

Pros

Everything! Towbook is top notch software for our industry! They are always improving the functuonality of the sustem to better fit what we need as individual companies!!! Great people to work with!!!

Cons

There is nothing to dislike as they are always improving

Best Tow program

I was having HR issues, and I had texted them regarding a time keeping they can in cooperate it into there program and they did it. I love that they are open to suggestions .

Pros

Photos speak a 1000 words. the ability to photograph vehicle, documents and doing it in real time incredible. I am always able to contact someone via text if I have a question or a issue, any time 24hrs … So easy.

Cons

usually during peak volume, the system tends to slow a bit... but only for a few minutes.

We have been with Towbook for over two years now. They are helpful and friendly

I do recommend it all the time. Excellent tracking of trucks and jobs. Also never miss a day of storage with the Impound calculations automatically figured.

Pros

They are open to suggestions. Not saying that they can do anything you need but they look at all options to make the program the best!

Cons

Would love to see a "Repo Module " of sorts added. We feel the need to keep our repos seperate from our regular tows. It says something when the CON is an "option" you would love to see added.

Fantastic program! Easy to use and many great features

It streamlined many features we were looking for into one program. It is easy to use and frustration free. You can also add unlimited users so it is easy to use on different devices or by different employees.

Pros

It is easy to use and learn how to use. The customer service is great, they are friendly and quick to help. It can be used on different devices so it is always accessible. It is affordable and easy to invoice customers, dispatch tows, create estimates, and much more.