On the Stage Logo

Suggested alternatives

showpass
eventcreate-1
thundertix

The customer service has been the best feature of On the Stage. Everyone has been wonderful to work with, and is very responsive to questions.
I absolutely love on the stage and I love that they are always growing and adding more features to make ticket buying and ticket selling easier for patrons and Theatre owners.
Overall it has been amazing. The team has always been responsive and wonderful.
The only complaint we have ever received is about the fees (which really aren't that much).
Lack of marketing options, and graphics. More ways to edit the site.
It is difficult to upload merch or make changes to the established template (for example, if I want just a small logo on the shirt, I can't do it.).

MV

Mallory V.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

The Perfect Platform for Small Theaters!

My experience with On The Stage has been incredible. I feel valued by the team and I've been over the moon checking out the customization and fundraising options. It's an incredible program backed by one of the best and most communicative teams in the industry.

Pros

On The Stage is an easy to use platform that is absolutely perfect for small companies that perform in traditional spaces. You can create your own customized website with a few clicks, easily sell ticket, create seating charts, integrate merchandise and fundraising, and even put out a high quality program for your show. I really can't recommend this site enough for any traditional theater companies or spaces.Also the team behind On The Stage is incredibly kind and attentive. They WANT you to succeed and are happy to help you get there. They are also always on hand to answer any questions, fix any problems, and listen to your requests for new options and features. Several new features have been created even in the short time I've been using this product.

Cons

As a non-traditional company ourselves we've realized that On The Stage isn't our best fit. We don't often produce shows on a stage. We create immersive and interactive shows where we need audiences to be part of the zoom experience, or where we need multiple showtimes in a single night because we're doing short immersive phone calls that have months long runs. I don't necessarily think that our problems should be something fixed, I just think this platform is for someone who isn't us. I still 100% recommend On The Stage to anyone doing traditional shows. I have suggested it to all of the small traditional companies in my area. It is an absolutely amazing product and service.

AB

Adam B.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

On The Stage is a great product for your theatre regardless of size.

Our overall experience has been great. They are very committed to raising the quality level of the online experience for even the smallest of theatres.

Pros

On The Stage makes online ticketing a breeze regardless of the size of your venue or event. OTS is extremely user friendly and their customer service is top notch. My company has used OTS for several years now and we couldn't' be happier with the product. They are constantly striving to improve an already great product, and on top of that they are a company that truly cares about your success. The wide array of features they offer make it your one stop shop for everything your theatre needs online, form ticketing, to programs, to fundraising. You can do it all at On The Stage.

Cons

Honestly there is very little we don't like about OTS. It has been super easy to integrate into our current website, and is very easy to use on the backend. Every time there has been something we had an issue with or thought might be improved on, we have mentioned it to the staff at OTS and if they aren't already working to improve it they take note and have seemed to address it in the future.

RK

Rachel K.

Mostly Unhappy

Pros

When is suits your needs the ticketing system is very easy to use

Cons

The customer service is not very helpful and other than as a ticketing system the other features are not easy to implement. We had a terrible time with social media integration, and other advertising features and were never able to get help to make them work properly.

ML

Michelle L.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

OTS Gets Us and Makes Us Look Good!

Pros

On The Stage has definitely provided a one stop show for our scheduling, ticketing and marketing purposes. It always looks good and is easy to navigate for our customers as well as our staff. As a small theater it feels good to know that our work looks good and compares well to the larger houses!

Cons

I wish we could automatically collect more data and upload contacts into our separate data base.

DF

Donna F.

Entertainment, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

So simple and easy

Mostly, setting up tickets for each show saved me a ton of time, I can check ticket sales anytime day or night at at glance, and questions were answered immediately. It is so easy, clear and quick.

Pros

I was so impressed with the ease of set up. Step by step instructions were logical and easy to follow. Personal assistant is amazing for quick answers to any questions.

Cons

There is NOTHING about it to dislike. We were a little hesitant about the price, but it is so worth it.

DS

David S.

The Black Bullet Dichotomy

Good and user friendly

Pros

The Virtual capabilities allowed me to execute a smooth and good looking project.

Cons

I couldn’t obtain a copy of the livestream performance on tape

JS

Jennifer S.

Great Customer Service

Overall, I feel On the Stage works incredibly well for ticket sales and fundraising for organizations that don't have a lot of time to commit to either function.

Pros

Cons

I wish I was able to use the program for communication with our donors and patrons, outside of ticket sales and fundraising.

SS

Sharon S.

Love On The Stage

Always great and support is always available

Pros

Ease of use! I love that we don't even need to see a ticket from the customer. Everything is on the site.

Cons

I wish there was a website component. I think a website would make this product top tier.

MS

Maria S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Some great stuff

It’s a good platform for now. I’m not satisfied with some of the ticketing options or the seating chart.

Pros

Accessibility is good. Patrons like the ease of purchasing tickets.

Cons

The seating chart is awkward to set up. Also, the ticket set up is more difficult than it needs to be.

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad you find our platform accessible and easy for patrons to purchase tickets. We apologize for the difficulties you've experienced with the seating chart and ticket setup. We're working on making these features more user-friendly and efficient. Your input is valuable, and we appreciate your patience as we improve. If you have more suggestions or need support on future configurations, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

GI

Gina I.

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

Performs the functionality we need, but wish more features were available

Pros

Simple to set up and use. Easy customer purchase experience.

Cons

Email marketing and reporting are lacking. Wish tools were more customizable.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We truly appreciate your honest review and are pleased to hear that you found our platform simple to set up and use, as well as providing an easy customer purchase experience. We also appreciate your feedback on our email marketing and reporting. In an effort to enhance these features, our most recent product update included new email customization capabilities along with insight into email performance metrics. We would love to share more about this update, please reach out to your account manager to set up some time. Thank you again!

TE

Tim E.

Thank you, On the Stage.

Even with some of the notes above, I still appreciate the site and plan to continue use.

Pros

Love the relative ease of setting up ticketing, love the look of the individual ticketing site. Love the Cust Experience.

Cons

The platform is geared a little toward the middle of the road, trying to please both professional theatres, schools, community theatres and more. This can be frustrating at times; I need to have the professional tools, not the summer camp tools or the more youthful oriented things. Eventually, I think you'll have to split the services into a Pro and a School version with a different set of needs, ESPECIALLY around ease of use for reporting after a show has closed.

AG

Allegra G.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great organization but expensive

Great experience overall.

Pros

I love the design of the ticketing page and the functionality and ability to add behind the scenes and cast bios.

Cons

Expense. It is too expensive for our guests and for us.

HD

Heath D.

Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees

Life-Altering for this Small Theater!

I did above, but I'll reiterate here:

Pros

For us, On the Stage was a no-brainer. We were doing ticketing and donor management and all of the other things on this list by hand before we transitioned to OTS, which was not only time-consuming and cumbersome, but also prone to human error. OTS has increased our efficiency and reach in ways that we could never have imagined. It makes ticketing and running reports and tracking show data SO EASY. It is very user-friendly and intuitive, even for Luddites like me. And don't get me started on customer service. Fast, friendly, highly responsive, and smart! I have recommended OTS to EVERY SINGLE THEATER GROUP I KNOW since we started. We at Black Swamp Players LOVE LOVE LOVE On the Stage!!!

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing I really dislike about OTS. When there is a new feature, I have a bit of a learning curve, but that is more me than OTS.

AO

Aubri O.

Performing Arts, self-employed

Exactly what we needed when we needed it

I spent a year reviewing ticketing services and felt like OTS was the best fit for us. They fill spaces I didn't even expect them to - like automated emails, merch, and virtual programs. I recommend them to all small theatres in the community.

Pros

On The Stage makes it so easy to create ticketing and fundraising for our shows, and access reports for our projects. It's a very intuitive site, and helped us through and after the pandemic.

Cons

I would offer a few adjustments for the reports and ticket management as well as ticketing and discounting options. With that said, they're constantly releasing new options, so for all I know those options are about to be released!

KW

Kevin W.

On The Stage Takes A Well Deserved Bow

Their customer representatives are very helpful and will work with you to help you understand their products and services.

Pros

We switched a couple years ago from another software ticketing company and highly recommend On The Stage. They offer a professional quality product that is customizable to our needs.

Cons

We have our own website that we intergrate with On The Stage's system and don't need to use their landing page for our company. I think their landing page could look more professional. However, it isn't something that we need.

EM

Eric M.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

A good software for independent arts groups

I have enjoyed my time with OntheStage and will continue to use the product for the foreseeable future.

Pros

The OntheStage system is a one stop shop for all the ticketing, marketing, and fundraising needs of groups operating on limited resources. It is easy to learn. Easy to implement, and easy to maintain. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and very eager to help you succeed.

Cons

There are some database integration features I wish were possible without third part software.

IL

Ilana L.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

On the Stage is reliable and has great customer support

On the Stage was partially responsible for my company making it through the pandemic in one piece. Their streaming service was very helpful.

Pros

On the Stage has been very good about working with us to solve all technical challenges, especially week of and day of show. They even helped us with a fundraiser that had unique properties that weren't initially designed for in the platform.

Cons

I find the amount of info that has to be entered at the door for credit card purchases to be deterring, but this is probably determined by the credit card companies.

ZY

Zaylin Y.

Support On The Stage

Overall my experience has been great. Customer support is very responsive and always willing to help.

Pros

I love how easy it is to setup events and ticketing for our shows. I also enjoy everything being a part of one page.

Cons

I do not like the lack of customization with the events. Also, it has been an issue getting merchandise setup on our site/

CP

Chris P.

We love On the Stage!

The customer service is phenomenal.

Pros

On the Stage makes ticketing SO easy - I don't have to worry about paper and pencil ticketing lists and it allows me to make sure I don't oversell the shows.

Cons

I wish the reporting was more user-friendly - I would love to run reports including names, addresses, e-mails, phone numbers, and a list of each show people have attended.

TG

Tracey G.

Government Relations, 201-500 employees

OTS Review

Experience has been good overall.

Pros

I love how OTS captures emails from people who have purchased tickets and sends out promotional information regarding upcoming productions.

Cons

At times it's not the most user friendly.

DF

Darci F.

On The Stage

The ticketing part is easy but it still seems to lack features that BookTix had. The registration part needs a serious improvement for it to be useful.

Pros

The customer see is excellent! I also like the ability to host several fundraisers on this site and that the site posts it on social media for you. Also the checking in of the event tickets is really easy and efficient.

Cons

I’m not a fan of the class registration page. On the back in it’s hard to see who registered. I can’t see all the information I need. I also wish it was more mobile friendly. It’s not easy to use this site on the back end on mobile. I wish it had an app.

DM

Darrell M.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Community Players Salisbury

I am part of the team that deals with tickets and season tickets. On The Stage has been a great tool for us.

Pros

An excellent, easy to set up and use system.

Cons

Nothing-it is a great product that is easy to use and has an excellent variety of features.

WL

Wendy L.

Do not sleep on ON THE STAGE

From start to finish this product has simplified ticketing, sales, and marketing. The social media marketing online ticket sales sells the product on its own. However, ON THE STAGE really shine in customer support and communication. They want the user to succeed and do their best to make it happen.

Pros

The customer service is second to none. And the ease of use on the end user interface is amazing.

Cons

Reserved Seating charts are a little tricky. I usually have to ask for help, but customer service is superior as always.

SN

Suzanne N.

On the Stage is great!

Hopefully we will start using help with fundraising and growing our audiences

Pros

The staff is always there when I need them and their response is fast.

Cons

I have liked all the functions I have used.

KT

Kristi T.

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great ticketing system for theatres

We really love using On The Stage. It has simplified the process of ticketing and box office.

Pros

The ease of setting up an event and ticket sales. We also love the email marketing that is automatic to all former patrons.

Cons

Needing to set up another system for accepting payments and some website features are not customizable enough.