PostScan Mail Reviews

4.28/5 (104 reviews)

Heather Adrian

Best virtual mailbox service there is.

Reviewed 2017-05-16

The ability to not need to be tied to one location to receive postal mail, and to do so at a reasonable cost.

Pros
I like that it's easy to access my mail from anywhere, the interface is clean and easy to use, and they are reasonably priced. They also have never lost a piece of my mail and have helped me out with some things related to my mail a number of times.

Cons
Sometimes their customer service team can be slow to scan in documents, or they are unavailable and hard to reach, and the platform can seem a little clunky, but everything always works out, so I don't see those cons as any big deal or a constant problem.

Response from PostScan Mail

Hello Heather,

Thank you for your awesome review. We appreciate the time you took to leave us such great feedback. We have been working with customer service to improve our rapidness and efficiency.

Michelle A. Acosta

Post Scan Mail's "Virtual Mailbox" is the BEST!

Reviewed 2015-12-22

I can't say enough about how much I love PostScan Mail and the convenience of having all my mail delivered to my virtual mailbox. PostScan Mail weeds out all the junk mail and lets me see my mail usually within 24 hours of delivery from the USPS and any other carrier I get packages from. I then decide if I want it opened and the contents scanned or if I want it shredded or even just stored in my mailbox. I researched a few virtual mail forwarding companies before I chose Post Scan Mail and what I found in my research that makes Post Scan Mail stand out from the rest is not only their pricing, but they also provide excellent customer service. The few times I've called, I actually get a live person and not a recording. Once I had a minor discrepancy on my account so I called and explained this to the customer service rep who was very courteous and immediately processed my refund request. It was credited back to my card within 24 hours. Other companies nickle and dime and charge you outrageous fees for scanning and storage. Post Scan Mail is by far the best value and service available for virtual mail forwarding. I highly recommend Post Scan Mail to both individuals and to companies for all their mail receiving/forwarding as well as fully functional mail room needs.

Pros
Inexpensive, excellent customer service, user friendly and they have premium P.O. boxes available in all the major cities (i.e. Los Angles, Miami, New York, Dallas, etc) nationwide throughout the US.

Cons
They're closed on weekends, so no customer support is available on weekends.

Jacki Hayes

Well Worth It

Reviewed 2017-05-14

Pros
It's a very fast and useful mailbox. It works great, and I can easily access all of my mails from here. The pricing is more than fair, and I really love that they give you a free 30-day trial to make sure it will work decently for you! As a small business owner, I can't give it enough stars! It is the best virtual mailbox I've ever seen and I made sure I really did my research before signing up. Even better, communication is much easier. The features are awesome too! I can't recommend enough to this great service. Try it, you will definitely love it..

Cons

Response from PostScan Mail

Hi Jacki,

We love your great review. Our company is always happy to provide the best services to our customers.

Mark Greaves

My PostScan Review

Reviewed 2019-04-12

Great service for those who travel and need a service to hold mail. Very discreet and professional. Highly recommended.

Pros
Thus far I have been very pleased using PostScan Mail. It is a great option for me when I am out-of-town to have my mail and parcels collected and then shipped at my convenience to my residence when I return. I don't have to worry about mail piling up or having to ask a friend, relative or neighbor to collect my mail when I am gone. It also is a very discreet service and your privacy is kept confidential. When I have had concerns or questions I have emailed the Customer service department and they have always promptly returned my emails and issues have always been resolved. I would highly recommend PostScan mail for anyone who frequently goes out-of-town and needs their mail collected. It is a very professional service and I will continuing using them for my needs.

Cons
The only complaint that I would have with PostScan Mail is that at times when I track a package or parcel the time of them receiving the package and the time I get notified is sometimes delayed.

Ferenc H.

To use this service is just as easy as an email box! Amazing! Best mailbox service I have found !

Reviewed 2017-05-16

Quick and reliable way to check my mail without the need for a physical PO Box. Nevertheless, I can forward my mail to any address.

Pros
What I like the most is the user interface of this app. Looks and feels like just as an email service. Just click on the incomings and you can read them as an email. You can ask for secure delete (shredding) or forwarding to any address. In my experience I have never had an issue with my Account. When I had questions I just called or emailed support and I got my answers. This system is easy quick and reliable, what else you need? I picked an address where I can receive parcels, too. Just compare it to competitors and you will see the price is reasonable. Love it!

Cons
I do not have any dislikes with this service, really. Service is good and reliable. During my 2+ years I had no issues.

Response from PostScan Mail

Hi Ferenc,

Thank you for your awesome feedback on our service. We hope to keep this system reliable and secure for many, many years. We work hard to have our customers satisfied.

Lucy Sustar

Post Scan Mail is awesome

Reviewed 2019-04-24

Since my business was moving and eventually closing, it was so great not have that mail forwarded to my personal address. I really appreciated that.

Pros
I hate paper. Honestly. I love being able to see everything online, and choose what to do with the mail- recycle and delete from my sight or recycle and have access to the scanned copy anytime. with no paper.

Cons
The only thing that was confusing to me was the whole recycle VS recycle/delete. I did not understand that if I didn't recycle the hard copies and just keep the online copy, I would be charged for going over the limit of hard copies they keep. This was not clear to me at all, and I didn't understand why my monthly charges would go up.

Kevin Gibbons

The best solution to an expats US mail situation.

Reviewed 2017-05-16

It helps me to stay up to date and organised with my life back in the states while living abroad. I no longer have to rely on others receiving my mail and collecting it from a po box, opening it and reading it to me over the phone. Your system is brilliant.

Pros
The ease of use. The program is very user friendly and allows me stay organised while my family and I are living abroad for extended period of time. I haven't missed a beat with my mail, and that helps to eliminate any stress I have about my affairs at home.

Cons
I wish the mobile site worked better from my phone or that you had a specific IOS app to make it easier to check my mail from my iPhone when I'm on the go. At this time, I check from my laptop because it's much easier to use and navigate.

Response from PostScan Mail

Hi Kevin,

We really appreciate your review! Thank you for letting us know what you love about PostScan Mail. We're very happy to announce that our IOS app is readily available in the app store. We hope the app will let you navigate your mailbox much more easily. Please let us know what you think.

Sincerely,

Josh Rozman

Perfect if you don’t like being tied down to your mailbox

Reviewed 2019-04-12

My overall experience has been positive. I enjoy the convenience of being able to accept packages and letters virtually with the ability to forward them to the physical address I am located at that particular time.

Pros
I really enjoy how innovative this product is! It is so easy to access my mail from anywhere in the world. I am frequently changing locations for my job and PostScan Mail allows me to never miss out those important documents that clients send me. With the ability to have multiple addresses and locations throughout the United States, PostScan Mail allows me to operate more efficiently than even before. I can access my mail just as easily as email!

Cons
There have been a few occasions where I will receive the incorrect mail scanned and sometimes when I request to recycle a piece of mail it takes months.

Generally Love PostScan - just one big flaw

Reviewed 2019-05-04

PostScan has allowed me to live abroad for the last 7 months and still be able to maintain personal and professional correspondence. I have a lot of freedom today because of PostScan, that I am eternally grateful for.

Pros
* Super easy and convenient * Love being able to delete mail I know will be junk * Love that I can forward on mail I know i need to have checked * Love the high quality scans of the documents, reading them is no problem, as is even using them for followup correspondence.

Cons
One time (admittedly it has only happened once) when I asked to have an important envelope scanned (from the CA state franchise board, correspondence for my business) someone else's mail was scanned instead. My mail was recovered - due to very responsive customer support - but that mail contained PPI ... and I'm hoping - rather than confirm that no one else saw it .... but can't really say for certain. I love your service - but that incident really reminded me what the risk is of having someone else scan and process my mail. If the scanners aren't careful other customers may see my PPI or I might inadvertently see theirs.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Alethea Eichhorn

GOOD

Reviewed 2017-05-16

accessibility to my mail from anywhere

Pros
Ease of use, friendly customer service. People respond quickly if there is an issue. The turn around time for scans is one day which isn't too bad

Cons
A phone app would be good, the 3 cents a day charging for storage seems a little excessive. I would hope that this may change in the future or offer an option for a flat monthly storage fee

Response from PostScan Mail

Hi Alethea,

Thanks for your review! We love to hear customer feedback. We understand that storage charges can be a burden, but our operations team is always available to help. We offer tips and suggestions to avoid storage fees and will work with you to ensure that you're not paying for more than you need. If there's any way we can make your experience a better one, please let us know!

Respectfully,

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Tevya Ware

Absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed 2017-05-25

I get my mail

Pros
The software is easy to use...but the best part about PostScanMail is the staff. I have a great relationship with them. I will have unique requests and they are always very quick to help me out. They really have the best customer service around!

Response from PostScan Mail

Hi Teyva,

We are grateful that you love our service. We will keep working together to make our customers satisfied.

Sharon GilmanGoldstein

I have only had a positive experience with this software provider. It is easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-05-16

Central place for my mail and the management of our mail.

Pros
I am impressed with the ease of use. It is very intuitive. It is always reliable. Follow through has been prompt (forwarding hard copy mail when requested)

Response from PostScan Mail

Hi Sharon,

Ease of use, reliability, and simplicity are some of the many great features of this service. We are glad you are taking advantage of these features with us.

Jesse Jones

Easy to use mail forwarding!

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-05-16

Massive time saver when sifting through bulk mail, and I can just click a button to send it to the recycle bin instead of having to sort the mail into piles and then haul all the junk off.

Pros
PostScanMail serves as a great filter for domain junk mail, their service and interface are easy to use, and they save me a lot of time sifting through garbage!

Cons
Setup is a bit of a pain, with the postal form you have to fill out, but I don't think there's really any way around it. They also recently increased their prices; for a low-volume user like myself (maybe 1-2 letters a month TOPS show up) I'd rather see a "by the piece" pricing option.

Response from PostScan Mail

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for the great feedback. We love the feature of getting rid of junk mail too! This way you only view the "important" mail that you receive.

Luca Piperno

Nice service, old app and price increase unreasonable

Reviewed 2017-05-16

Useful to maintain a us address

Pros
It does not lose mail, keeps record of everything. The list of email is ok easy to use once you are familiar with it

Cons
Very old, slow and cumbersome interface. Takes a long time to scan and recycle the mail. Last year price increase was unreasonable but got no other alternative once abroad

Response from PostScan Mail

Hi Luca,

Thanks for your review. We're sad to hear that you're not as satisfied with your subscription as we know you could be. We guarantee that the change in price has helped us provide better service all around. Our developers are working to update the interface, and our IOS app is available now! Please let us know what we can do to make your experience a better one.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Matthew Moroz

Post Scan Mail

Reviewed 2019-04-25

Great I love it but add quicker processing time to other states and add a option to automatically recycle mail so I can avoid superfluous charges.

Pros
This software in indispensable to me, I used it for all my mail and wouldn't switch back to using a traditional mailbox, but theres improvements to be made.

Cons
The main con is the processing facility is in california, so my main address is california, meaning I pay california tax which is the highest in the country. I would much prefer to move my address to another lower tax state, but using the service and adding an address in another state adds days to the processing time and it's slow enough already, I have to use california. I don't want my address to be in California, I'm only there so I can see my mail faster. Also there's no option to automatically recycle physical mail, Post Scan Mail adds charges for mail you don't recycle, so you have sign in every couple weeks and click 'recycle' on all the mail. Its pointless cause I do it to every piece anyway and if I forget the bill is 10x higher.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Anonymous

This is so convenient for on the go

Reviewed 2018-10-18

While out the country, on vacation or just not home is so easy to access all your important stuff, you are in control

Pros
PostScan Mail gave me step-by-step guidance on how to use the software and make sure I would use with out any issues.

Cons
So far it's been working great for me, I have no complaints

Debra Theis

I had many issues in the beginning without adequate support. Finally, Facebook message to owner.

Reviewed 2017-05-17

Convenience

Pros
Easy to use, set up similar to Yahoo mail. Many options available, price, autoscan,folders etc. I live in Mexico so this works well

Cons
Works best on my laptop. Not easy to use on mobile devices. I have no more cons to list.... oh one more...this minimum characters.

Response from PostScan Mail

Hi Debra,

We're thankful for your review. We're sorry to hear you did not receive adequate support, but would like to mention that our support team is available through phone, chat, and email and we strive to help all our customers in a timely and efficient manner. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to improve your PostScan Mail experience.

Oscar Taboro

Effective remote postmail management.

Reviewed 2018-06-17

Pros
Postscan mail eliminates the need to manage our US mailbox physically . Without being physically present in the united states ,we have been able to receive mails sent to our postbox digitally ,and pass instructions on what to with them via the Postscan mail team.

Cons
We have been able to manage our US mailbox remotely. I have no complaints whatsoever as this service makes perfect sense.

Christopher Miree

Has been easy to use. Very simple.

Reviewed 2017-05-26

Allows me to have a mobile business.

Pros
It's simple to use. The lay out is clear and easy to understand. I like that I receive emails once mail is received. Recycling is a cool option.

Cons
I would like to see mail opend and scanned instead of waiting a day to see the contents of the mail.

Response from PostScan Mail

Hi Christopher, we thank you for your time taken to leave a great review. We appreciate your feedback and will take your suggestions into consideration.

Anonymous

All the features expected for a virtual mail box, plus fantastic Customer Service

Reviewed 2019-04-30

PostScan Mail provides peace of mind for my mail. I know that they're reliable and trustworthy. In fact I'm more comfortable with them receiving my mail than receiving it myself! They have all the features I need from a virtual mailbox, specifically scanning and forwarding. Customer service has also been great to work with when I have the odd special request or technical question. I've tried a few other virtual mailbox providers, but none have been as good.

Pros
The ability to receive scanned copies of my snail mail, sent via email and downloadable in PDF format is really the core piece. Mail forwarding for things I need physically is also excellent. Finally, the customer service is really fantastic. They're responsive, and extremely helpful. Every time I contact support I'm impressed with the outcome.

Cons
The overall interface is a little dated and takes a bit to learn all the features. Not a showstopper, more a nice to have.

Worked fantastic for me

Reviewed 2015-02-18

I used Post scan mail while I was moving from California to Texas and I never lost a single item. This was so helpful especially that I have moved places several times until I finally settled in Houston. The little time I spent to register and fill in the needed forms online was well invested as I never had to visit the post office and waste my time in long queues. The fact that I could read my mail online and have it forwarded to a different address of recycled just made my life way easier. I visited their Anaheim facility a couple of times and the folks working there were real cool. The monthly fees are nothing to compare to having my postal mail accessible without having to waste time and I don't have to pay for a mailbox rental.

Pros
Their online mailbox is just incredible. Never expected to find a similar thing.

Cons
They should add an option to ship several mail items as one.

Response from PostScan Mail

Hi,

Thanks so much for the exceptional review. We’re delighted that you’re pleased with our services and we truly value you as a customer. We have good news to share with you. We recently updated our offerings and are now able to send multiple mail items in one shipment. So, the next time you request to receive multiple postal items, they will arrive all enclosed in one packet. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions. Thanks again!

Kate Roman

Steen Ottosen

A service that works

Reviewed 2019-04-19

Effective handling of my mail as well as scanning of all sources

Pros
I have been happy with the product and the services provided over several years now. It is very reliable and it is easy to get special service when needed. For instance cashing checks has been essential for me and very easy to manage with Postscan mail

Cons
I would like a better billing system where I would get invoices for instance monthly or quarterly instead of a large number of small transactions which are had to manage in the bookkeeping system

Carolina Pinto

Great service and benefits!

Reviewed 2016-05-26

Nothing to complain only to thank for! I'm very satisfied with PostScan Mail!'s service! I found them online after some researches. They have a amazing customer support and the cost is pretty good comparing to the other providers of the market. I signed up and rent a mailbox box with them. They requested me to send a notarized postal consent form to them so I could be able to receive all of my mail and package deliveries at their facility, all very professional. I thought that the interface for PostScan Mail is pretty simple to navigate , easy to be able to open and scan, shred or recycle your mail. When you are traveling or away from your home office, it's possible to forward important mail and package deliveries to yourself. Every time you receive a new mail you also receive an email notification, once the contents of your mail are scanned the system automatically sends you a PDF document and you can also log into your account and organize everything into folders. It's totally convenient, safe and worth it! I feel that it has been so much easier for me and my small business as I'm more traveling around the world than staying in my home. I recommend to everyone!

Response from PostScan Mail

Hi Carolina,

We love the idea that you enjoy using our service as much as you do. We love to hear back from our customers and value their opinions.

joe magaldi

Satisfied Customer !

Reviewed 2019-04-19

Pros
Very simple and easy way for Expats to quickly receive, view , read and forward their mail while living abroad. A very reasonably priced service with great customer support ! I'd be lost without them !

Cons
There are none. This service is 100% FANTASTIC ! I have no complaints whatsoever !

David Liem

Using Postscan Mail for 4 years, never had a problem.

Reviewed 2017-05-16

Mail is handled very quickly without having to forward it.

Pros
Mail is scanned and made available for reading on the internet. Rarely need it forwarded because of this.

Cons
Would be nice if there were and app for my Android phone. Also the website is not friendly to the phone.

Response from PostScan Mail

Hi David,

Thanks for leaving us a review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to announce our IOS app now available! Our developers are currently working on an android version, and we're constantly looking to improve the features of PSM.

Sincerely,