Mobile Tools for the Future of Work

Sideline Reviews

Pros

I love that Sideline works just like my regular cell phone number. It's easy to use and you can text too, which is a plus.

Christine B.

I wanted to love this app, I even paid $10 for it after doing research on second lines for my phone, so I didn't have to carry a second phone around for work. That's what I liked about it.

Jen R.

I get a separate phone number that rings to my cell phone and the graphics on the home screen tell me its a business call. Its been awesome so far.

Whitney A.

Jeff W.

It can be highly misused/abused by others who continuously create new phone numbers to harass others that have blocked them.

Kenneth T.

Worst customer service I have ever found. Cannot contact anyone via phone and no response via email.

David A.

3.8

Second number heaven

Overall, it is a reliable way to add a second line to your cell phone that you can easily use for business purposes. This is especially true if you only need one.

Pros

I like Sideline because it was easy to set up. Most importantly, I don't miss calls that come inbound and it has good texting features. Also they just added a new feature that allows users to send and receive texts from their desktop/laptop. A nice time saver for longer messages.

Cons

Wish the price was a little bit cheaper per month, maybe by like $3-5.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Great tool for collectors

It provides another option to reach those customers that already have your phone number blocked. Get more ways of communicating with difficult customers. Less expensive than a regular cellphone line.

Pros

It gives you the ability to have an extra phone number to use while collections. It has all the capabilities as any other phone number, text mssgs, voice mssgs.

Cons

The increased the cost of the subscription. Other than that the product is great and offers great features for the price.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Angela. We appreciate your honest review. Feel free to reach out if you ever need help with the app!

Coaching Staff Support

Pros

It allows our coaching staff to have a single contact # that they can call or more importantly text. This will reach our entire department at once and we are able to support

Cons

None for our needs. We may have a simple use of the product but it works exactly to what we need

Thanks for taking the time to share how you and your team use Sideline, Brad! We're so happy to hear it's working exactly the way you need it.

An OK Cheap Start

I use Sideline as the main number for my business since we are fairly new and it makes more sense to use than purchase a second phone. I had my number go down for about 4 days though, which was terrible and more than irritated my customers. I also cannot say how much it cost us in potential clients. Their customer service took 4 days to get back to us. Even though they offer phone numbers they don't have one themselves and only work through an email. Call quality is pretty good, but you need to be right next to your phone because Sideline won't let the calls ring for very long. Overall it has worked pretty well for us and we haven't had a need to switch from it yet.

Pros

Free. Works pretty well. Call quality same as any phone. Offers texting and calls.

Cons

Must use regularly to maintain number. Terrible customer service. Had a few calls that were dropped or not properly connected. Numbers are HIGHLY prone to spam calls.

Sideline

I like that I can add a business line to my phone and have a few members of my work also have it on their phone, to monitor and make sure things are getting answered.

Pros

I like that when you receive a sideline phone call it pops up like a phone call but it indicates that it is from your sideline line. It helps add an extra line and you can be longed into this on multiple devices. Great for adding a business line.

Cons

It is harder to navigate. Finding where you are to send out a message if you want to text seems not as easy as it should be.

Hey Sharon, We appreciate your feedback! If you have any questions about navigating the app or using any of the features, please contact us at support@sideline.com. Thanks again!

Sideline is my Business Line!

My overall experience with Sideline has been great for me and my business success.

Pros

What I like most about Sideline is the ability to have an alternate phone number right on my current mobile device that I use strictly for my business.

Cons

In using Sideline for 2 plus years the only issue or what I like least about it is that it doesn't populate the contact number to distinguish who always calling but I still love it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Jeneshia!

Convenient

Pros

Sideline works as a separate line on my phone. I use it as my business mobile number.

Cons

The name doesn't appear 99% of the time (only the number), even though the caller is listed in my contacts. Calls are not always clear. Doesn't have as many features as other competitors and less than TextFree, the free service offered through Pinger (Sideline's parent company). I have always paid for the service. Customer service is not the greatest.

Not close to even being "professional" grade

I am currently involved in several different businesses and need separate phone lines for each in order to text or call clients. However, I do not want to have separate phones. Sideline does not allow for the use of a fully individuated phone number (e.g., calling out from the same number as calling in), especially when a competitor app is installed. If you are looking for communication and confidence...

Pros

The app is a free app with the potential to be really good if programmed correctly.

Cons

Customer service doesn't appear to respond in a timely fashion. Also, having a ticket management system that closes out a ticket after 3 days of inactivity without responding in said time is counterintuitive and frustrating to the user. The app does not use a distinct dialer like Line2 or even Google Voice. The app does not allow for the use of multiple lines coming in (even in the paid version). I am assuming this is for security purposes, but in some cases multiple lines are necessary.

A needed service but room for improved features

Pros

Sideline allows me to separate business from personal calls. I can have automatic out of office and other messages sent when clients call or text. I do not have to increase my phone data package to utilize the app but do need to be within wifi or data to accept and send calls or text.

Cons

The app does not always keep contacts saved names. So I will receive phone calls from regular clients but all I see is their number which I do not memorize. This is a glitch that does get annoying. Luckily, all contact info is stored on my phone directory. Sometimes, texts messages do not go through but I do not receive an error message.

Sideline

I am very disappointed with Sideline. I am in the process of phasing out the number, but I still have marketing material out with the Sideline phone number.

Pros

I was willing to try this application because of the low cost and decent number of features. I like that I can have a separate number for business calls only.

Cons

Just about everything! The telemarketing calls that a business owner gets on a daily basis are insane. When using Sideline, as far as I've been able to tell, there is no way to block aggravating numbers. All calls made to your number are directed to a single phone number which makes it impossible to block unless you want to block your customer calls as well.

Hey Jeff, I'm so sorry to hear about the negative experience you had while using Sideline. Unfortunately, robocalls are an industry-wide problem that Sideline's Spam prevention actively works to block. If you're interested in speaking with our Support department at support@sideline.com, they should be able to work with you to find a solution while you wait for your marketing campaigns to complete. We appreciate your honest feedback!

Works Perfectly - Increased Our Business By 60%

Best addition to our client/customer communications for 9 buck a month we ever made.

Pros

We use Sideline to make sure EVERY incoming call receive an "Immediate Text Message Response". Sideline knows if it was a mobile phone calling in. This is so important in the "Service Industry". People call our main Ooma VOIP online posted tele numbers (we have eight)... the Ooma numbers forward to our head technician.... If the head technician cannot take the call, or is on another line, then the incoming caller receives an AUTO TEXT MESSAGE the minute they hand up. Very Very Cool. The text message has a tele-phone number fo an Alternate Tech, a link to our web site, and a message thanking them for calling.

Cons

NONE !!! NONE WHAT-SO-EVER The people leaving negative reviews are (in our opinion) not very bright. The Last thing you want some inquiry calling you to do Is: "Google" something they are looking for (find you), make the call and then not get you for whatever reason. Why not put a friggin' text message (with alternate tapeable tel number), a message with links, and image in their face the minute they hang up. Way better than losing the customer to another Google search. Think Different ! We don't lose customers anymore. YEA Sideline.

ADS

the messages that get from SIDELINE are confusing me with perceived missed calls and or messages from prospective clients. I would like an option to be able to receive communication in another format, perhaps email or op out. I will be searching for an alternative if this issue cannot or will not be addressed or resolved. Thank you for allowing me to vent.

Pros

It's an alternative to having a second cell phone. Customers recognize the area code as somewhat local.

Cons

ADS in the form of a message, on my alerts it shows as if I missed a call or have a text message from prospective client. I understand that Sideline is constantly working for us users to find better ways to use the app, but I rather receive these BETA request and news and information in the form of a email.

Thank you so much for providing this feedback! If you're interested in hiding all promotional materials in the future, simply go to Settings>Content Preferences>Content Notifications and click the button so that it is no longer green. This will hide all future product tips, updates, promotions, etc. I'm sorry for the confusion! Please feel free to reach out to support@sideline.com if you need any additional help.

Just want you need

Pros

This works with iphone and android. I give out this number to business clients. The best feature about Sideline is that you can block people and they have no idea that they've been blocked, and there is no extra cost for the blocking

Cons

I sometimes get errors when using Sideline

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Michelle! If you receive any errors, please feel free to report them to support@sideline.com. They should be able to help you determine what's causing them. Thanks again!

Excellent Business Number

I really like this platform and it allows me to know when a business call is coming in so that I can make an effort to answer every call. No more guessing whether it's work-related or not.

Pros

This software works so well no one knows I use it as a second number. I love the way you can use the settings to add a picture in conjunction with an automated reply when you can't answer the phone.

Cons

It's a dummy number and there are other platforms that can't use the number to send bulk texts, etc.

Thank you so much for sharing how you use Sideline to differentiate between work and personal calls. Please feel free to reach out if you ever need help using the app!

Excellent Option for Freelancers

Sideline lets me have a work phone and a personal phone without actually needing to have two phones. Great service.

Pros

Sideline make it very easy for me to neatly divide my work calls and texts from my friends. I work as a freelancer so it's super nice to know when an editor might be calling vs a friend. Being able to text from my second number is great as well. I'm told you are also able to bring your number with you if you ever grow your business to the point of wanting a standard desk phone, which is a great feature, but I've not done it.

Cons

Very little. Works great and I have no complaints.

Forget Sideline when you buy a new phone

Pros

I liked the fact I only had one phone. Ease of use.

Cons

I bought a new phone and had to transfer my app. I was unable to sign in, had multiple errors. I spent approximately 6 hours texting their help line back and forth. No one could figure out how to sign me into my account on my new phone. I did everything they told me to do to access my account without success. I lost hours of work, unknown amount of phone calls and messages missed. This is unacceptable.

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Diane. It sounds like you've already been working with our support team to resolve these issues, so I'd just like to thank you for sharing your honest feedback. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help in the meantime.

Love Sideline

I love Sideline. Having a business number is important to me as I am on the go between 5 different sites. I find that texting is the most convenient way of communication for most. I do not want to give out my personal number and Sideline is a great alternative. I only have to have ONE phone. Love it.

Pros

I love that Sideline works just like my regular cell phone number. It's easy to use and you can text too, which is a plus!

Cons

The only con I can think of is that the caller ID rarely works so I do not know who is calling when I answer.

Hey Christine, Thanks for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your experience with Sideline! Please feel free to reach out to support@sideline.com if you ever need help.

Very happy with this extra phone number

Pros

I've been using Sideline for over a year and find it so functional. Unlike many of my friends who need an extra work phone number, I simply use this on my iPhone and do not need to carry extra hardware. Absolutely worth for the pro version!

Cons

Sometimes calls come up as missed or voicemails come up within the app notification, and sometimes they show up in my general phone notification. It's just confusing as I'm not sure if it's a personal or professional call.

Problems with usage and cancelling subscription

It seemed to work well at the beginning and was good for the price, but things deteriorated over time, causing a lot of problems with my not getting back to customers whose messages got lost in Sideline cyberspace

Pros

It appeared to be a good solution for my small business

Cons

On more than one occasion, people left messages, I saw the call listed, but there was no voicemail there. The developer had no explanation for the problem and could not fix it. I went back and forth many times with customer service. They were responsive but the problem was never fixed. In addition, when I tried to cancel my subscription, Google could not find the subscription agreement I purchased through Google Play, and I spent hours on the phone trying to stop the monthly charges. Sideline support referred me to Google, and Google referred me to Paypal. It was a ridiculous set of events not worthy of anyone's l-o-n-g amount of time spent.

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you've been experiencing. It sounds like you're already working with our support team, but please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help in the meantime.

No need for a second phone

Should have lower price tiers for lower use

Pros

This has cut my client cost down greatly. I don't have to have a seperate phone. The phone quality has been steadyand the texting is helpful with rescheduling!

Cons

There is this strange second message that you have to answer yes to for every call. I don't like the confirmation of the call button, but I understand it may help people who use there side line for more discreet dealings.

Great product

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. Serves perfectly for my needs.

Cons

Not sure about the cons. It's only hard to manage its payments through the iTunes on iPhone.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Nikolay!

I use daily to reach mental health clients. It allows me to provide text access and phone access.

It allows me to provide a sense of security to my clients. I am able to keep my privacy, while being accessible.

Pros

I like the clear reception and the email notification is very helpful.I can screen the calls easily.

Cons

I would like a video chat option like facetime. The emoticons are a bit limited as well. I have droped calls on elevators and older buildings.

Best way to show local presence without having to change my cell phone number

Didn't have to change my cell phone number when I moved into a new state to start my new business.

Pros

That I don't have to change my cell phone number after moving into a new area to start my business. Added bonus, you can text from the number and now I can seperate all my business calls from my personal calls!

Cons

There is a delay when someone calls into me and I answer. I have to wait a few seconds. When a voicemail is left I can't dial back automatically, I have to go into the program to do so

Love this

Pros

Some of the best features for outside sales people or a group. Love the text and call auto reply options. I subscribed to the additional voicemail to text feature as well

Cons

You have to be sure you set up your phone correctly to ensure your voicemails go to the correct place. Sort of confusing

Great application to use for additional phone number!

This has been a great app for me overall as I have met some people online that I would rather not keep in contact with. I can just ignore their calls and not have to worry about them harassing me all the time. I recommend it for users who need an additional line for any reason.

Pros

I started online dating about a year ago and found this to be great to create another phone number just for use when my date search. That way I did not have to worry about giving our my real phone number.

Cons

You must have a strong internet connection to properly answer calls. Otherwise, if you're traveling and going through low cellphone reception areas, you will not be able to take calls using this app.