SIP.US Reviews

Pros

We have utilized a number of providers and this provider is the most stable, responsive and reliable we have found.

Dr. Raymond R.

The service level has been outstanding, availability being something we take for granted. Their customer service and support are refreshingly effective, which can be rare with traditional telecom.

Greg K.

Overall SIP.us has been great. I continue to do business with them because of the quality of the service.

stefan b.

Cons

Failures, issues and downtime: Too many to deal with for a service provider, lost VoIP clients due to Sip.us downtime that took too long to resolve.

Justin H.

But from my PoV as a customer, what I see is simply that Skype-made calls work where SIP-made calls are failing to go through. So what is Skype doing that SIP cannot.

Kimani D.

The UX can be convoluted at times. Sometimes a person we had on backup phones ages ago will still get a call, and I have found it difficult to get him removed.

Grant P.

4.8

Great for trunks and hosted Asterisk

It provides an automated IVR service for our clients, and routes inbound calls to our operators.

Pros

We have had a hosted asterisk service with SIP.US for almost 8 years and we liked that we have been able to add custom code to our service to be able to better meet our needs

Cons

There hasn't been anything that I would describe as a con.

Mostly good, some missing features

Overall we are very happy with the SIP.us solution. We have contractors all over the world, so having the ability to call people all over

Pros

- Ease of integration with the PBX (we use Asterisk) - Clear user guide and documentation

Cons

- Mostly good for calls made to North American and western-European numbers. Not so good for international calls, especially to some countries - India, Russia and some Eastern-European countries (Romania, Bulgaria, Armenia come to mind). Some providers in these countries seem to detect that our calls are Voip calls and block them. And we have raised this issue with SIP.us, but received no feedback....

Your experience may vary

I inherited the phone system from the original individual whom had passed away prior to my being hired. Though the user experience has changed with an overhaul over the main site itself, there are still many things that are a pain to do. The bills are also very vague & fixing charges has been a massive pain. Items will have generic listings and refer to something you wouldn't have even thought of....

Pros

You can login via root and make changes to system via command line. This can be a big plus if you're wanting to make custom edits or security changes to the system to meet your companies' needs.

Cons

The servers were not kept up to date by provider as I was told they would be, so our software has fallen too far behind the current available branches to update. This mostly means I have to keep within specific lines of phones and forced to manually deploy each new phone. This also means that I don't have access to command line tools I would normally have to trouble shoot connection issues the OS is way out of date as well and can't be updated without a massive headache which I haven't found to be worth the effort.

Fantastic SIP Provider With Excellent Technical Support

We use SIP.US as the phone provider for our office's 40-extension phone system. We currently have toll-free and local numbers (DIDs) with them as well as some fax numbers.

Pros

- Completely self-service website. - Fantastic technical support that responds within minutes, usually. - Automated number port-in process. - Huge inventory of DIDs across the country. - SMS service is available on most DIDs.

Cons

- Website is a little outdated. - Pricing is just fair, not great.

SIP.US for Backup Phones

We use SIP.US to handle our calls and send them to voicemail when our main line is down. They have worked great for that purpose, and thankfully we don't have to rely too heavily on their service.

Pros

SIP.US works great for our backup phones. We use it irregularly, which means our main phone system is working, so that's good. The UX seems to have gotten a face lift recently, so I have been exploring it a bit to see if there are new features.

Cons

Good service, great provider, tad pricey though

Overall experience has been good. The major thing I wish they had is a 24/7 phone number that I could pick up the phone and call for tech support. When we do cutovers and new projects it's usually done after hours or on a weekend to avoid cutting into business hours, so having support 24/7 would be hugely important to tech people like me.

Pros

Service is outstanding, don't have to deal much with dropped calls or latency issues. The web interface is intuitive and easy to use, and most importantly the support is pretty good (email/ticket only though, really wish they offered more support over phone)

Cons

I don't think they have phone support that you can call in normal, if they do please let me know and I'll modify this review. Only other drawback is cost is a tad higher than some others out there. But SIP.US is pretty easy and reliable.

SIP.US saved the day and changed how I look at phone service forever.

When I happened across SIP.US in a google search on the weekend when our physical phone system crashed and we had to build a virtual one quickly and get it up and running before Monday, I had never used SIP trunks before. I had not used them because I was unsure of the technology and worried about call quality, the phone company always wanted to bring in a separate circuit to run SIP trunks (more bureaucracy...

Pros

SIP.US is very quick and easy to set up and use. I set it up at around 10pm on a weekend when our phone system had died and we had to recreate a virtual one that could not connect to our existing PRI. Without talking to anyone I had a SIP trunk up and taking calls in less than half an hour without having any previous SIP trunk experience. The next day (on a weekend!) I received a call from the executives...

Cons

I have not found anything to dislike. SIP.US does what it says it is going to do and keeps on doing it. Full control of my phone service from a web browser, what's not to like?

SIP.us service

SIP.us allowed me to be operational on multiple platforms. Integration is simple, number selection is good, and implementation is fast. I had a client that needed to LNP 100 DID's and get services up quickly...SIP.us team had me up and working within 2 hours. The numbers were ported very quickly with no issues.

Pros

It's easy to use and it gets the job done. I've been using the service for over 4 years and it's been fantastic. I use it with X-Lite, Cisco CME, Kerio, Cisco phones converted to SIP, GrandStream, etc. The documentation around setup is easy to follow. I'm a consultant and i travel all over and i'm able to connect where ever i go.

Cons

I've had a few issues with address validation when setting up billing...but i made a phone call and support resolved it over the phone. I haven't had any issues with service.

Excellent & easy to use service.

Have been connected to SIP.US for many years. They've updated the web site to make it even friendlier and self-service is a snap. The only issues I've run into were local to my network & ISP but the support team was able to provide enough clues as to likely cause that I was able to get things up and running.

Pros

I have a home lab with a couple of Asterisk servers. Provisioning trunks & numbers is a breeze. I do contract work for businesses in London & Auckland and setting up a local DID is super helpful. Since my usage is quite variable I really appreciate the prepaid pay for what you use plans.

Cons

Haven'r run into any snags. I would appreciate SMS options for significantly less cost (although I haven't looked into this in a while).

Setup and forget and it just works

Easy setup with 3CX hosted in the cloud and provides a cost effective Cloud phone system

Pros

Once it is setup which is really easy and great guides on the website it just works and we've had no issues.

Cons

Nothing really. Everything just works and we've had no issues

Good value, direct customer control SIP routing service company

Lowering the cost of all phone services.

Pros

Customer direct control of call routing.

Cons

Problems with compatibility and support connecting with some IPPX routing systems, such as Ward Mudy's IncrediblePBX software on a computing platform of the customer's choice for maximum cost efficiency and features/capabilty support.

SIP.us is a great vendor partner

SIP.US gave us the ability to provide VOIP managed services without needing the expensive and complex trunking issues. I have always been confident in transferring the phone numbers to sip.us.

Pros

The timely support when I was having issues with my software or my clients software interfacing with sip.us was invaluable. They contacted me directly when there was an administrative (billing issue), which was appreciated. I also like the flexible services and ability to setup trunk accounts.

Cons

I'd like to see some advances in encrypting the sip traffic and the ability for me to resell trunk accounts to my customers

Set it up and forget it

Pros

Sip.us easily integrates with our Asterisk PBX. Their customer portal is simple and straight forward to use. We have been using them for years and their uptime has been excellent.

Cons

When we had an 800 number, we had to pre-pay blocks of dollars for those calls. It was awkward from an accounting standpoint. We don't have the toll free number anymore so that is no longer an issue.

Amazing No-nonsense SIP Trunks

Pros

-Instant provisioning -Extremely simply setup -Intuitive, feature-rich user interface -Great, responsive customer support

Cons

-International rates tend to be on the high side

SIP US -

Obviously using them for seven years the overall experience is good. There is room for improvement, but management hasnt seemed interested in making improvements.

Pros

Fairly simple to implement. Over the past seven years I have used the service it has been very reliable.

Cons

Billing can be a bit confusing and customer service a bit difficult at times. This situation has improved over the years however. You have a mix of prepaid and billing which can cause confusion and extra steps. DID billing doesnt come out of prepaid funds like most services. It is billed seperatly and cannot be prepaid.

Tip of the Hat to SIP.US

After nearly 5 years the internal SIP.US team continues to be a thought leader when we need new solutions. It happens often that we present an idea and they say "we have been working on that" and they can show us examples of their progress. Priceless.

Pros

The portal for searching for available numbers is very easy to use. We have even integrated our Slack channel into the product so that Sales personnel can use it with the clients.

Cons

At this point there is nothing that comes to mind regarding "least liked".

SIP.US solid services

My justification for using SIP.us was simple: better pricing than anyone with similar features/ratings. My justification for using SIP.us when expanding to ALL voip: value and 2 years of uninterrupted service.

Pros

SIP.US provides rock-solid VoIP trunks. We used them for our first VoIP PBX deployment and have literally had zero problems with them. Their reliability to provide consistent service is imperative as we're a heavy voice user.

Cons

I have no complaints or negative experiences with SIP.us

System Independent

We have a system that makes outbound calls via SIP. SIP.US gives us an independent communication separate from our corporate phone system.

Pros

The software provides real time reports. From time to time we receive complaints that a call didn't go through. We can pull a report and see if the went to the right phone number and if it was picked up.

Cons

Email notification with how many times all trunks are busy but it doesn't say when this happened.

Excellent SIP Services Provider

Pros

SIP Services are very stablr. Redundant Facilities Minimum number of networl issues Excellent Connectivity Excellent and time efficient tech support Minimum number of configuration issues

Cons

We have found no problems or issues to report. Any issues we may have encountered were quickly resolved.

Impressive uptime and call quality

My initial concerns were primarily regarding uptime and call quality and neither have been an issue in close to 2 years now. I've had to reach out to the support department on occasion and pleasantly surprised by their knowledgeable staff and responsiveness any time I've needed something.

Pros

The self-service aspect eliminates calling, quoting, back and forth emails.. just saves a ton of time when you know what you're trying to get done and have a limited timeline.

Cons

If alternative calling plans for lower entry costs were offered I'd definitely be using this in more locations.

Best Implementation!

SIP.US was a great find. I wanted to set up my own SIP trunk, run my own PBX, use my own IP phones. I thought the hardest part was going to be the SIP trunk. With SIP.US, it was actually the easiest part of the system to set up. Not one glitch, no surprises, and it is the most economical choice I could hope for.

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to manage!

Cons

I have zero complaints! SIP.US was very easy to work with.

Happy User

I was referred to them and used them to set up my trunks for my phone system. It was easy to set up and I havent encountered any problems.

Pros

It was easy to set up and after a couple of years of using it, I have never had a problem with it not working.

Cons

Can't think of anything. It was easy to use and there were no problems with it, even a couple of years later

Great Service

They do what we pay for and have not even had to use their backup servers as the primary for has been rock solid.

Pros

SIP.US support team went above and beyond pre and post deployment to allow us to get our phone system up.

Cons

There was an increase in the price of the service a few years back but we really cant complain about going from $.01 to $.012 per min.

Easy Sip Trunks

Pros

It was easy to setup the SIP trunks using this system. The support team at SIP.US is outstanding they have guides and will assist you with setting up your gear. Also willing to work with you on custom solutions.

Cons

There is nothing I didn’t like everyone has been very helpful.

Simple and Easy SIP Trunk

Pros

The setup is dead simple. Started a free trial in 30 seconds. Was connected in less than 5 minutes testing the service. I had a couple of questions and support was fast with responses.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with the service and it has been exactly what I had expected to get when I signed up.