LogMeIn Central Reviews

LogMeIn Central

Endpoint management for desktops, servers & mobile laptops

4.47/5 (289 reviews)

Pros
  • How you can list all your equipment you need and save them to your users. It's fantastic when you are dealing with more than 100 computers remotely.Jair P.Read the full review
  • It is useful for our IT team to help us fix issues when we are working remote. It helps us be confident that working remote will work for our organization.Marjan W.Read the full review
  • I was successfully able to update, patch and troubleshoot issues on remote PC's, at any time of the day. Great asset for any size company to remotely work and control PC's.Dan B.Read the full review
Cons
  • It is confusing and frustrating to keep this button available on the "enter the code we just text you" page when it serves no purpose.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • The pricing for the lack of improvements is a bit disappointing. I expect, with price increases here and there, for a software to continue to upgrade user experience.Renea H.Read the full review
  • Sometimes if an area of one of the participants have a slow or shaky internet connection, it makes it difficult to interact with one another on-line.Loren D.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Tyler LeBrun

A fantastic product that allows quick set up and fast remote access to computers and servers.

Reviewed 2018-01-09

I can't imagine doing my job without this software. Things would be so much more clunky and take twice as long without it. It's that good and that important for offering remote support.

Pros
It's easy to use even with hundreds of computers set up, all organized into group folders with a wealth of information available to you before you even remote connect to the user's computer. It has a huge array of customization options and features to access without ever feeling overwhelming, and has support information and access right from the main page. It's extremely useful for remote management, in addition to just being impressive to clients.

Cons
They are, bar none, the best remote access and support software on the market. This however means that when they raise their prices, which they seem to do every year, you're left to either take it and raise your own prices slightly, or eat the loss. They also seem to have dropped the live chat support feature, as it's always marked "Offline" on the support drop-down even though it's within the posted hours.

Anonymous

Great program but way to expensive

Reviewed 2019-11-15

We started with LogMeIn when it was a free service and purchased a volume license since we had about 70 computers to use LogMeIn for tech support. However as we grew to over 120 computers the annual license fee grew much faster to were it no longer was worth the cost.

Pros
The program is very easy to setup and use.

Cons
The expense of the license fee drove us away and to find comparable software for less than 1/20 the cost.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Jax Williamson

Never Really Worked Reliably

Reviewed 2018-10-01

We have maybe 2500 computers we need to have irregular access to. I would say 50% of the time, the computer we would try to access would need to be restarted, have an unfixable black screen remotely, or just not connect due to a LogMeIn client issue. When it worked, it was great, but when you often have to take action or go on site to get your remote software working, it's just not worth it. Support was horribly unhelpful and just suggested updates, which in the long run did not help since issues would reoccur and getting access to update them would require being physically present at the computer, ruining the purpose of this remote access software.

Pros
It allowed us to access thousands of devices and keep them organized.

Cons
Devices would either connect with a black screen, or just not show up on the list at all. Visiting my remote computers in person would show the computer started normally, but LogMeIn decided to run but just not connect. Just one click in the LMI Control Panel would make it reconnect. Not polling for a good connection after restart is just bad design, and support consistently told me to just update to the latest version, but through 3 years of experiencing this problem. The black screen issue wasn't resolved either.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

kyle Jones

Log Me In Review - Great

Reviewed 2020-03-09

Great experience, no issues, Great piece of software to have in your inventory.

Pros
Great product. Super simple to use. Always works, and I have never had an issue in the time that I have used it.

Cons
I cannot complain about this software. probably one of the easiest products to use, and it just works as it should.

Loren Davis

LogMeIn

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-12-08

LogMein Central has made it easier, faster and more practical to teach and train my staff at different and various times of the day from any location either party is at.

Pros
LogMeIn makes running a business easier by being able to teach employees pertinent training/information by connecting computers and demonstrating virtually together.

Brian Samoulides

Great RDP software

Reviewed 2019-09-25

LogMeIn has been a great tool. It's a bit on the pricier side, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Mobile apps also work really well!

Pros
This product works really well. It's really good at adapting to internet speeds, and it truly feels like you are sitting in front of the computer that you're trying to control. All of the restart options are also really nice.

Cons
Sometimes it's hard after restarting to know if it will turn back on or not. Lots of sitting around waiting anxiously.

Erika Rios

Great product to use

Reviewed 2019-09-11

Overall good experience got used to using it and now that we have also started to use connectwise automate have found that the tool has much more options than does LogMeIn. But it gets the job done.

Pros
I liked that after installing the install package it was easy to access the workstation with proper credentials.

Cons
The downside to this app is that it won't let you log right in, you have to have the correct credentials. If you try 5 times it'll lock you out for 5 minutes. I ended up in this situation many times and found it a bit frustrating. I understand the security aspect of it. But if we have made a connection with the workstation I would hope that it would recognize that and just allow the connection. Could useda more friendly file transfer.

Paul Luckett

Reliable Tool For Remote Support Professionals

Reviewed 2019-12-03

It is our most used tool and allows reliable access on even slow, latent connections.

Pros
Reliable. Easy Installation. Ability to allow customer to access their system remotely as secondary user for no additional charge.

Cons
Expensive. For the price, features such as file transfer and system monitoring should be included.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Michael D'Angona, MBA

Great for central access

Reviewed 2019-10-24

It's a great service, and was easy to learn the ins and outs.

Pros
I keep this on all my PCs & laptops. Great solution for keeping secure logins in one place. Very easy to use.

Cons
Depending on which version of windows you are on, sometimes it requires you reinstall a couple times to work properly.

Román Josué de las Heras Torres

Remote management with LogMeIn

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-10-30

Remote computer management, remote access, monitoring and checking the status in real time.

Pros
I like how easily you can remotely control your devices with LogMeIn Central. Is pretty straightforward to use, and with high performance for the low resources it requires. It runs fast. I like that you can create groups of users and fully customize the roles with permissions and access. Also LogMeIn Central allows you to monitor remotely the status and to spot critical issues which require attention.

Cons
The interface is not as intuitive as one would expect. Maybe it doesn't need improvement if they can provide an explanatory tutorial along.

Jorge Alvarado

Great desktop management tool with a few caveats

Reviewed 2017-07-21

I was able to wrangle in all of my end-users into one unified platform to both maintain windows and application updates and push out anti-virus installations.

Pros
What I like about LMI Central, in the premiere package, is the bundling of Anti-Virus and now application management and updates. The ease of being able to remotely access an end-user's workstation is what totally sells me on the software. In the past, I had to have VPN access to my work network or with other tools, I could only use Windows to access end-users over the web but with LMI, its platform agnostic and they have a great mobile app for iOS and Android that allows you to connect to anyone in your list from virtually any device.

Cons
The biggest drawback in my use is the ability to push Windows updates, Anti-Virus installs and application updates. There is a fairly intuitive panel to push out all the requests but using it is like trying to crochet with space gloves, as you never get a real sense of feedback that the changes you requested are actually being implemented in near-real time. Sometimes the end-users workstations falsely report that they are missing installations that I know they are not, so there is a lot of fiddling with the end-users workstation in order to get it to report to LMI correctly. Also, when you've subscribed to the package that includes anti-virus installs, there is no way to centrally manage the AV, as its provided by a third party.

Muhammad Shakeel

LogMeIn overall functionality

Reviewed 2018-09-11

It works with very basic internet connection too while other application fails. If session is breaking, you can tweak by minimizing the scree resolution, and disabling desktop backgroud.

Pros
Centralized Computer Management. Its a SAAS applicaiton Different login options , taking control of keyboard and mouse along with Alt, Ctrl, and delete Blanking screen to hide your activity on terminal. Adjusting screen resolution and blank and white option make it fast to remote and perform activity on computer

Cons
You can't disable the already remote session even with high privileges user so if two user are trying to get connected the last one will get access and you can't see who was already connected. You have to give admin rights to user if you want him to add more user into his team you can't do it with power user type thing. Support is terrible. If you send an invite to user the step by step process takes him to create his personal profile instead of group where you wan't to add him, so you have to tell user how exactly he can create one under group. You can't disable personal profile if created

Nathan Romano

When you are an IT pro - this is the tool for you

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-09-07

This is the one I chose every single time. I was one of the first users of logmein and I fell in love with it from the beginning. I have been a loyal customer and I always recommend it. Few companies have achieved a level of mastery like logmein has. Simply the top choice for IT professionals like me.

Pros
There is something really special about logmein. This software rocks! when you manage several companies, several computers, servers, and remote users you know you have your hands full. Logmein is one of the greatest to help you achieve just that. You can create groups (companies), assign users to the groups, give them rights to those groups, have computers in the groups... and you can manage all of those computers and connect to them remotely. Depending on the version you can do things remotely without having to sing into the computer and know everything you need to know about the status of the computer from a single place (the Central). I have rarely had an issue or a problem with it, it was awesome to be able to control and help free users (no longer an option) and know that no matter what you have the right tool to connect every single time. Deployment is also extremely simple

Cons
The only thing I did not love was the fact that they removed the free version. By doing so they removed the option to have people who are starting out to build their business. They also forced several people into finding alternatives that would not be as expensive.

Rhett Adams

Seamless remote access to all workstations eliminating otherwise time consuming visits in person for simple support tasks.

Reviewed 2018-01-12
Review Source: Software Advice

I have used many remote software applications and LogMeIn is hands down the most useful and versatile player in the market. There is nothing I have found the program incapable of accomplishing and I am constantly learning new features that save me time and my clients money. It would take hours to relay all of the benefits of LogMeIn for the real world IT professional.

Pros
Instant access to multiple networks through one account interface. Easy setup and deployment of software packages and scripts for multiple scheduled maintenance tasks. File transfers are simply drag and drop convenient. With a wide range of collected data at disposal, workstation health is displayed for all aspects of computer function. There is an option to remotely power on and off computers and manage services without the need to remotely take over the computer.

Cons
The only change I would like to see is to eliminate the disconnect that happens momentarily while updating the LogMeIn client software. (It automatically reconnects without intervention.)

Vin Campbell

I recommend LogMeIn when managing a lot of remote stations.

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Overall, the platform works well. I've had no issues with security - either to the main account or to any of the remote stations. I've almost never had cause to contact tech support - after many years of use - so that tells a lot right there. The remote access is stable, and I've had minimal service interruptions, and only very rarely was I unable to access a remote station. A simple reboot usually fixed that unless there was something else causing the problem. Overall - it's been a good experience since I began using the software about 10 years ago or so...

Pros
I am an avid user of LogMeIn Central. That said - the ease of use is the primary thing I like about the solution. I have all of my remote connections stored, then further grouped by internal category and locations. From login to the portal to login to the remote station is a matter of a few simple clicks. Very easy to use and keep organized.

Cons
I don't like that they eliminated the free version. I also feel they should allow file transfer when you have a Central account.

David Fletcher

Logmein Central is a Great Alternative to VPN

Reviewed 2018-11-16

We needed a remote access solution for our users that also gave them the ability to run our apps, some of which are fat and would never run over a vpn. We were forced to look at vpn software, vpn concentrator and either terminal services or Citrix. We were looking at a lot of complications, support overhead and extreme cost. LogMeIn allowed us to have a remote access solution that can be accessed from any browser that gave us great functionality and security for a very reasonable cost. A fraction of the solution we were previously looking at.

Pros
Ease of use. Centralized management of all my remote users. Constantly updating with new features. Built-in two factor authentication. Very inexpensive.

Cons
It might be just me but the User group/Computer group functionality is a little unclear. I think some of the management and permission features still need to improve. I wish they had geoblocking. I get alerts that someone that a failed logon from Russia happened. I need to approve where connections can actually come from.

Chris Johnson

I have used LogMeIn since 2011 and my work would be nearly impossible without it.

Reviewed 2018-05-10

It is consistently stable and manageable for my company. I can literally triple my support of other clients with this software.

Pros
LogMeIn is a super stable remote access to other computers that I have rarely had issues with in supporting my clients. I am able to access any of the 50 computers I work with instantly, an many at the same time from either the web portal or desktop application. LogMeIn also includes several IT functions that allow sharing of files & remote rebooting of the client computers.

Cons
The cost is higher than some competing remote access software, so unless you have a lot of remote computers you work with you could probably find a cheaper solution. They also don't have as many extra IT functions with my plan that I can find with a few free offerings out there, such as auto-reconnect once the remote system has rebooted, or a remote Windows Task Manager.

Paul Rozanski

Our use with LMI/Central

Reviewed 2018-09-28

We have around 480 client desktops on LMI. Some servers, most desktops. We do like their are a local business (we are in the Boston area) and that they are easy to reach. It has allowed us to do a lot more remote support than making physical trips. Travel time and sending a tech can be expensive.

Pros
We use mostly the free edition of license for our customers within Central, we use other RMMs to obtain Pro if need be (remote printing, file sharing, etc...) It is easy to give remote access to employees of our customers Adding remote users is simple and easy I don't have to keep track of passwords, if a customer forgets theirs, they simply perform the forgot my password routine The interface is simple and there is not much to learn

Cons
Somewhat limited with free licenses (remote printing, file sharing) That's about the only issues I have with it.

Dan Gospe

Really powerful back-end management of all of your PCs and Servers - at a cost!

Reviewed 2018-05-22
Review Source: Software Advice

LogMeIn is a wonderful piece of software that is very easy to install, and requires little to no maintenance. I just wish that they would stick with one price and stand behind it.

Pros
Fully functional command prompt, registry editor, event viewer, task manager, service manager, etc., WITHOUT having to take over the PC you are working on! This makes troubleshooting and running scripts on remote computers extremely easy, as you don't have to wait until off-hours since you don't have to take over the actual computer. It's got a great system for organizing your computers into groups, and it's HIPAA compliant with all of the auditing and tracking required.

Cons
It's very expensive, and they keep raising their prices. They've raised prices by 3 times over the past 3 years. I expect this will continue.

Logmein Central - Go to for supporting customers servers

Reviewed 2019-02-12

I use it daily to connect to my customers servers. Overall, we are pleased with it but losing mouse control on a virtual guest is kind of a pain that I wish wouldn't happen. I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars overall

Pros
Easy to use Client, means you don't have to log on through the website everytime. Dual Authenication with secure code texted immediately to your phone.

Cons
When using it with Microsoft Hyper-V, if you connect the host and then go to a guest within the host, 10% of the time your mouse will stop working and the only way to fix it is to reboot the virtual guest. Kind of expensive You have to have the advanced version to be able to use file transfer. We found that too expensive for how much we use it so we dropped it.

Robert Folds

Useful for remote access.

Reviewed 2019-09-24

Great for remote access from home or other location.

Pros
Price is good for small office with limited computers. Works with all browsers that I have tried it with, although some better than others.

Cons
Not sure if it is caused by browser but sometimes it seems you have to perform additional installs to get it to load even if you have used same computer before.

LogMein Review

Reviewed 2019-02-17

Only one business problems have resolved using LogMein and that Is just using the software to get into the remote server of my client and assist in any issues they are having.

Pros
LogMein is a great vpn connect tool to use to quickly connect to a remote server and secure. LogMein web based application is great, functions and icons for the VPN tool is easy to read.

Cons
LogMein is proven to be a little challenging for me to use in the last 1 year or so; basically upon going to the web-based application for LogMein initial log in is great but then it will force me to download the LogMein. application directly on my PC, I do not have an option to utilize LogMein from the browser itself; after the download process, i then have to close the browser and start using the App on the PC, which is great but I wish developers for LogMein have a way to notify users about it.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Patrick Moran

Remote desktop software that empowers helpdesk teams.

Reviewed 2017-09-15

Shadowing an end-user session from anywhere in the world is priceless. When a user cannot get on the network, but they can at least get on a webpage, you can LogMeIn to their machine and get them up and running in no time.

Pros
LogMeIn Central allows technical support specialists to view the end-users machine from anywhere in the world. You can transfer files, shadow their session, or share your desktop with them.

Cons
The multiple sub-tiers of the product are a bit confusing. LogMeIn Central... Central basic, Central Plus, Central, Premium. We have the middle level. Some of the articles LogMeIn has says features are available for Central, then at the bottom of the article is clarifies it is only for the Premium members.

Greatest and easiest remote desktop software I've ever used as an IT Tech

Reviewed 2019-04-17

A +++. Amazing software and a must-have for IT staff/helpdesk who support their company's/client's software.

Pros
I LOVE logmein. Hands down the best remote desktop software I've used. Better than showmyPC, better than apple's remote desktop viewer, better than literally anything else (except that you have to pay for it.) I love that you can easily access someone's computer AND it's easy for them to let you access their computer--very simple for even non-techy people to set up and allow access. And it's file transfer options are top-notch!

Cons
I only dislike that you have to pay for it...but that's silly. These guys deserve more money. They're killing it.

Jamey Gilmour

Easy to use remote management with advance features

Reviewed 2018-11-19

Pros
What I like most of about Central is the easy ability to rollout a group of devices along with the advance management tools that come with the software once you have it fully deployed, such as being able to update not just windows components from a centralized management platform but any software that is currently installed on the devices.

Cons
What I like least about Central is when there is an error there is not an easy way to determine what processes are still trying to run and being able to cancel them after you submit your action. This is mostly pertaining to mass installation of the anti-virus software that comes with Central.