LogMeIn Central Reviews

4.48/5 (188 reviews)

Jorge Alvarado

Great desktop management tool with a few caveats

Reviewed 2017-07-21

I was able to wrangle in all of my end-users into one unified platform to both maintain windows and application updates and push out anti-virus installations. What I like about LMI Central, in the premiere package, is the bundling of Anti-Virus and now application management and updates. The ease of being able to remotely access an end-user's workstation is what totally sells me on the software. In the past, I had to have VPN access to my work network or with other tools, I could only use Windows to access end-users over the web but with LMI, its platform agnostic and they have a great mobile app for iOS and Android that allows you to connect to anyone in your list from virtually any device.

Muhammad Shakeel

LogMeIn overall functionality

Reviewed 2018-09-11

It works with very basic internet connection too while other application fails. If session is breaking, you can tweak by minimizing the scree resolution, and disabling desktop backgroud.Centralized Computer Management. Its a SAAS applicaiton Different login options , taking control of keyboard and mouse along with Alt, Ctrl, and delete Blanking screen to hide your activity on terminal. Adjusting screen resolution and blank and white option make it fast to remote and perform activity on computer

Nathan Romano

When you are an IT pro - this is the tool for you

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-09-07

This is the one I chose every single time. I was one of the first users of logmein and I fell in love with it from the beginning. I have been a loyal customer and I always recommend it. Few companies have achieved a level of mastery like logmein has. Simply the top choice for IT professionals like me.There is something really special about logmein. This software rocks! when you manage several companies, several computers, servers, and remote users you know you have your hands full. Logmein is one of the greatest to help you achieve just that. You can create groups (companies), assign users to the groups, give them rights to those groups, have computers in the groups... and you can manage all of those computers and connect to them remotely. Depending on the version you can do things remotely without having to sing into the computer and know everything you need to know about the status of the computer from a single place (the Central). I have rarely had an issue or a problem with it, it was awesome to be able to control and help free users (no longer an option) and know that no matter what you have the right tool to connect every single time. Deployment is also extremely simple

Tyler LeBrun

A fantastic product that allows quick set up and fast remote access to computers and servers.

Reviewed 2018-01-09

I can't imagine doing my job without this software. Things would be so much more clunky and take twice as long without it. It's that good and that important for offering remote support.It's easy to use even with hundreds of computers set up, all organized into group folders with a wealth of information available to you before you even remote connect to the user's computer. It has a huge array of customization options and features to access without ever feeling overwhelming, and has support information and access right from the main page. It's extremely useful for remote management, in addition to just being impressive to clients.

Rhett Adams

Seamless remote access to all workstations eliminating otherwise time consuming visits in person for simple support tasks.

Reviewed 2018-01-12
Review Source: Software Advice

I have used many remote software applications and LogMeIn is hands down the most useful and versatile player in the market. There is nothing I have found the program incapable of accomplishing and I am constantly learning new features that save me time and my clients money. It would take hours to relay all of the benefits of LogMeIn for the real world IT professional. Instant access to multiple networks through one account interface. Easy setup and deployment of software packages and scripts for multiple scheduled maintenance tasks. File transfers are simply drag and drop convenient. With a wide range of collected data at disposal, workstation health is displayed for all aspects of computer function. There is an option to remotely power on and off computers and manage services without the need to remotely take over the computer.

Vin Campbell

I recommend LogMeIn when managing a lot of remote stations.

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Overall, the platform works well. I've had no issues with security - either to the main account or to any of the remote stations. I've almost never had cause to contact tech support - after many years of use - so that tells a lot right there. The remote access is stable, and I've had minimal service interruptions, and only very rarely was I unable to access a remote station. A simple reboot usually fixed that unless there was something else causing the problem. Overall - it's been a good experience since I began using the software about 10 years ago or so...I am an avid user of LogMeIn Central. That said - the ease of use is the primary thing I like about the solution. I have all of my remote connections stored, then further grouped by internal category and locations. From login to the portal to login to the remote station is a matter of a few simple clicks. Very easy to use and keep organized.

David Fletcher

Logmein Central is a Great Alternative to VPN

Reviewed 2018-11-16

We needed a remote access solution for our users that also gave them the ability to run our apps, some of which are fat and would never run over a vpn. We were forced to look at vpn software, vpn concentrator and either terminal services or Citrix. We were looking at a lot of complications, support overhead and extreme cost. LogMeIn allowed us to have a remote access solution that can be accessed from any browser that gave us great functionality and security for a very reasonable cost. A fraction of the solution we were previously looking at.Ease of use. Centralized management of all my remote users. Constantly updating with new features. Built-in two factor authentication. Very inexpensive.

Chris Johnson

I have used LogMeIn since 2011 and my work would be nearly impossible without it.

Reviewed 2018-05-10

It is consistently stable and manageable for my company. I can literally triple my support of other clients with this software.LogMeIn is a super stable remote access to other computers that I have rarely had issues with in supporting my clients. I am able to access any of the 50 computers I work with instantly, an many at the same time from either the web portal or desktop application. LogMeIn also includes several IT functions that allow sharing of files & remote rebooting of the client computers.

Paul Rozanski

Our use with LMI/Central

Reviewed 2018-09-28

We have around 480 client desktops on LMI. Some servers, most desktops. We do like their are a local business (we are in the Boston area) and that they are easy to reach. It has allowed us to do a lot more remote support than making physical trips. Travel time and sending a tech can be expensive.We use mostly the free edition of license for our customers within Central, we use other RMMs to obtain Pro if need be (remote printing, file sharing, etc...) It is easy to give remote access to employees of our customers Adding remote users is simple and easy I don't have to keep track of passwords, if a customer forgets theirs, they simply perform the forgot my password routine The interface is simple and there is not much to learn

Dan Gospe

Really powerful back-end management of all of your PCs and Servers - at a cost!

Reviewed 2018-05-22
Review Source: Software Advice

LogMeIn is a wonderful piece of software that is very easy to install, and requires little to no maintenance. I just wish that they would stick with one price and stand behind it.Fully functional command prompt, registry editor, event viewer, task manager, service manager, etc., WITHOUT having to take over the PC you are working on! This makes troubleshooting and running scripts on remote computers extremely easy, as you don't have to wait until off-hours since you don't have to take over the actual computer. It's got a great system for organizing your computers into groups, and it's HIPAA compliant with all of the auditing and tracking required.

Susan Ignelzi

Logmein is Practical and Functional

Reviewed 2018-11-09

The reliability of this product is what makes me use this product year after year. While the cost has increased since my initial purchase(remember it was free previously) it is still worth the value. I recommend this product to others who have to maintain computers and devices remotely.I first started using Log me in when it was free many many years ago. As I progressed, I realize that this tool was a necessity in my agency. I could manage multiple computers and did not need to have user input to access their device. I use this on Work Stations/Laptops and even tablets/Phones. I really cannot say enough good things about this product. Very reliable and cost effective.

Patrick Moran

Remote desktop software that empowers helpdesk teams.

Reviewed 2017-09-15

Shadowing an end-user session from anywhere in the world is priceless. When a user cannot get on the network, but they can at least get on a webpage, you can LogMeIn to their machine and get them up and running in no time.LogMeIn Central allows technical support specialists to view the end-users machine from anywhere in the world. You can transfer files, shadow their session, or share your desktop with them.

Jamey Gilmour

Easy to use remote management with advance features

Reviewed 2018-11-19

What I like most of about Central is the easy ability to rollout a group of devices along with the advance management tools that come with the software once you have it fully deployed, such as being able to update not just windows components from a centralized management platform but any software that is currently installed on the devices.

Eric Laing

Excellent tool for managing widely distributed devices.

Reviewed 2018-11-19

We are a radiology medical practice that have radiologists working in three states. When they need support, all the users have to do is make a quick phone call and we can instantly provide support even though there are hundreds of miles away.this tool provides reliable access to our far-flung network of computers and devices to enable us to provide instant, critical support as if we were sitting at the keyboard and monitor. The ability to run diagnostics and the logs right from the dashboard is extremely useful.

Mark Hampton

Reviewed 2018-11-13

We have been using LogMeIn Central for over 10 years. It's a great product and serves our needs very well.The ability to manage all of our remote computers in one place, but we can also group them into subgroups by department, vendor, etc. I also like the ability to create an installation link that I can e-mail to someone and have them set up the LogMeIn software on the computer themselves.

Steve Marino

Logmein Central Review

Reviewed 2018-11-16

How us to support computer and users easily. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and I would recommend the service to colleagues It give me the flexibility to access computers for support and other productivity purposes on an as needed basis. No need for the end user to go to a website and allow access. It also organizes the computers by group as well as setup additional users with selected access, as needed. Easy to use user interface and manageable from anywhere on the internet

Justin Keller

Logmein Review

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Remote assistance to customers and employees giving you hands on access to the machine even while not physically at a location. The ability to remotely reboot, even in safe mode has proven extremely useful as well.I utilize log me in for remote assistance across multiple computers in our company. It is great for remotely accessing different devices at any time.

brittany strangman

Remote in from any location

Reviewed 2018-07-10
Review Source: Software Advice

I like most that it gives me the ability to work from my home computer. I am able to log in within about 2 minutes and has saved me numerous trips to my office. I've used it in both my accounting and sales job and it really does keep my work info at my fingertips. Another great thing is that it gives our CPA the ability to remote in to get any documentation she needs without having to contact me.

BRIAN WONG

Logmein great product fluctuating prices

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Good experiences good quality. Removing features for smaller business is not a great idea. I know the logmein gets most of their money from large companies but why leave small business money on table. Stabilize prices and have lower tier logmein central rates 10 20 30 50 computer options. Very easy to use, a lot of audit options and control of users.

Sherry Gillis

GoToMyPC by LogMeInInc.com

Reviewed 2018-11-19

I use this software daily in order to access my desktop computer from anywhere. The software is safe and secure, easy to use and does the job.I've been using this software to log in to my computer remotely from any PC and it has enabled me to do my work from anywhere - including Vietnam, Cambodia, and Costa Rica. All I had to do was set it up on my computer and log in and I can access my desk in the office from anywhere.

Aldo Falla

Great speed and ease of use

Reviewed 2018-11-16

Always been a fan and continue to use LogMeIn for as long as possible!When I connect remotely to a computer I need to be able to run the most basic and complicated tasks to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues, LogMeIn allows me to do just that, even from my phone on vacation I've been able to assist people that otherwise might have gone too long without help.

Michael Woram

Extend your reach

Reviewed 2018-10-05

I have been using LogMeIn since they have been in business. I write data management software for small businesses. LogMeIn allows me to support many times the number clients that I could possibly do without it.LogMeIn allows me to singlehandedly support almost 100 computers. Unless there is a poor connection, there is no noticeable lag time. Lot's of tools and file transfer are handy too.

Daniel Bryan

LogmeIn Central a business tool

Reviewed 2018-10-08

We use the reporting and management tools provided to give us great access and ease of use to manage our clients servers and computers.We utilize this for access to our clients servers and reports on their status. We use the power on tool and help give clients software support companies access to the server temporarily as needed.

Anonymous

Great for Remote Service Work

Reviewed 2018-09-28

Working in the commercial heating and air conditioning industry, it's vital to be able to connect to customer sites to troubleshoot issues when the arise. A lot of times, a fix can be as easy as changing a set point which could take hours to drive to do. This cuts the time to minutes.This is an easy option for getting remote access into customer computers. Makes my job a whole lot easier.

Douglas Davis

LogMeIn all the way

Reviewed 2018-11-09

With locations throughout the midwest, it was imperative that I could control them from the HQ without every little thing requiring an onsite call. LogMeIn has worked seamlessly to give me the control I need. In fact, our POS provider is considering switching to LogMeIn for their support because it works so much better than their current tool.I love the ability to secure all of my systems, assign users with sub accounts and limited access.