LogMeIn Pro Reviews

LogMeIn Pro

Remote access tool for individuals & small businesses

4.41/5 (131 reviews)

Pros
  • I set all my clients up with this if they want a reliable, easy to use remote desktop software. The app for iPad is super intuitive and it makes for a great travel.Michael C.Read the full review
  • This programme for remote desktop has long been a favourite of my clients purely for the ease of use. Remote device printing is a great feature this does natively very well.Michael C.Read the full review
  • Its so easy and its also amazing for accessing our own computers when we are working remotely.Emily Z.Read the full review
Cons
  • The main downfall was you have to call to cancel and that phone call was a disaster. It was rather unprofessional (not in terms of being rude, but in terms of professionalism).Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • They tried to get me over to 'GotoMyPC', but I went to the forum there and noted the same problems with crazy price increases. I guess they need to pay the $5million salary of the CEO.conrad m.Read the full review
  • I have used this software while on vacation because of time sensitive tasks that needed completing, I have used it in cases where I just couldn't get into the office because of bad weather.GRACE S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Nathan Romano

The industry standard. You simply can't get any better than this software

Reviewed 2017-12-14

When you manage several computers and servers you can do everything remotely and get things going fast. You can also give tech support and solve problems for your users in the same way, even from your mobile (although it is very complex to work on a tiny screen you can still do everything).

Pros
Logmein pro is one of the most amazing products I have ever tested and used. You literally can't go wrong with it. You get to manage all the computers you need across the globe with a simple install, it bypasses firewalls and it allows you to have both remote control of the computer and the "back" of the computer, you can do things to give support without actually having to take over the screen, mouse and keyboard. There is simply no other software like it. You have control over everything in a smart and simple way.

Santosh Bajjuri

LogMeIn Pro - Review

Reviewed 2020-03-04

- Overall is a very good experience with LogmeIn pro when compared to any other product in market

Pros
- This application provides more flexibility in accessing desktops remotely without any issues at any time. - The features provided in this application are more efficient than any other product in the market - This application can be used easily by any user without any issues.

Cons
- The pricing can be more affordable - The features can be more added into the product - The support can be more helpful

Michael Mostick

Switcher from TeamViewer and have never been happier

Reviewed 2020-01-11

This software has worked really well. I work from home often and also while traveling. It’s a very good and dependable software.

Pros
Ease of use. You can stay logged on. Normally no problems. Very rarely disconnects.

Cons
I had to buy a bigger laptop because seeing the screen became problematic.

Ivo Kazimirs

Value Remote Desktop Solution

Reviewed 2019-04-04

Can be used to have a remote access solution for your business for access and support purposes. Great control system for administrators and a great concept behind it. Downside is the need to have the local administrator rights to be able to log in.

Pros
Logmein can be easy to manage via their web interface and desktop application. Is a low cost solution to a large remote control environment. Allows you to control and track user access, can be used from a mobile device which can be extremely useful in certain situations.

Cons
To remote access the computer you have to have the local or domain administrator credentials. If i wanted to give a non admin user access to their desktop PC from their laptop it is not possible to accomplish via logmein. Desktop client has extremely limited functionality - most of the management has to be done from the web interface that has poor support for popular browsers like Chrome.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kaes Al-Ali

Ist climbed up quickly

Reviewed 2020-01-22

During my time using this software I had no issues and it was seamless and fast, just didn't appreciate the significant price increase when other competitors were providing similar service at a lower price point. Sorry.

Pros
Was great with fast connection, seamless operation, rich features including file sharing, drag and drop etc...

Cons
Price: increased quite a lot, used it for several years but because of cost, we had to switch to another competitor.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Beverly Ciurylo

Logmein Review

Reviewed 2019-12-11

Overall it is a good product and makes working outside of the office easier.

Pros
It is very easy to login and use at any time of the day. I have not had any issues with LogMeIn.

Cons
Depending on what I am working on, the view on the screen is smaller than my regular computer screen. Then I have to adjust my viewing size.

Kelly Pfister

LogMeIn Pro

Reviewed 2020-03-26

I have been using LogMeIn Pro for several years and it has really been handy during our "stay home" order due to Covid-19. I am able to access my work e-mail and my PC desktop. I feel like I am sitting at my desk at work and one of the really great features is the ability to print from my desktop to my printer at home. This is so much better than having to send an e-mail from my work e-mail to my personal e-mail to print. This saves time and keeps my personal e-mail uncluttered. I hope this product continues to be around for a long time.

Pros
This software makes working from home easy! I can access my files at work and print to my own printer at home.

Cons
My only dislike is that I have to leave my PC on since this works on individual PC's versus a VPN on a server.

Dave Anderson

Great way to connect to customer machines remotely

Reviewed 2019-12-04

Overall the software is very easy to use. I would like a little more flexibility in the pricing.

Pros
The ability to reach out and connect to customer machines from anywhere if a problem arises. We no longer have to send someone out for every little thing.

Cons
The pricing can get a bit expensive. It probably isn't bad for a large company maintaining a fleet of internal machines, but can be a tad expensive for a smaller company who wants the ability to occasionally connect to customer machines only if a problem arises.

Works But Pricey

Reviewed 2020-03-26

Able to login to my work computer from wherever I am to get my work done if needed.

Pros
Not a lot of good I have to say about it, other then we have been using it for the last 5 to 10 years and continues to do the job when called upon.

Cons
I think it is hard for users to learn the software, and if you are working with more then one monitor it can be very tricky trying to switch beween monitors. Also it is a very EXPENSIVE program.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Nick Pankow

Good software, but price hikes killed it for us

Reviewed 2020-02-14

Great software, but we cancelled our subscription after the price hikes. We don't use it anymore because it's simply too expensive for what you get.

Pros
The feature set and functionality is really good. It's good at what it does.

Cons
Price. It's just insanely expensive for what you get. There are a handful of alternatives at a much smaller price point.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Great for Customer Support

Reviewed 2017-11-14

It is the perfect fit for customer support, especially across different operating systems.

Pros
As far as remote access programs go, this is one of the best we have used. It allows access across operating systems, which is very beneficial and not true of some of the popular competing products. Taking this one step further LogMeIn maps numeric keypads from Mac to PC as well, which has been a point of frustration for alternative products. LogMeIn also offers some good security features essential for business application. It is very easy to manage users while allowing each user to create their own account and password. Additionally, for each remote machine the user can customize the idle time allowed, add an additional password for access, and filter IP addresses that can access remotely.

Cons
Mac to PC can be frustrating. Copy & paste from remote PC to local Mac can be problematic as the clipboard does not always sync up and/or pastes in different formatting (adding spaces, removing line breaks, etc.). Also the keyboard mapping can intermittently go haywire from Mac to PC, requiring a closing and reopening of the remote session.

jennifer elliott

Remote technical assitance

Reviewed 2018-10-23

HUGE time saver!

Pros
It's been a little while since I've used this software but it was integral to a change in software that was implemented at my previous job. I was able to remotely view a co-worker's computer in order to more effectively troubleshoot technical issues for her. Being that she was not tech savvy at all, this was the easiest way to help her. It saved me many hours of driving back and forth to help her. I have also used it extensively with my mother and my mother-in-law, both of whom are less than proficient in technology. This software allows me to teach them remotely, in real time and with appropriate feedback, the skills they need on the computer as well as talk them through software installation and upgrades. I can't begin to describe how much travel time LogMeIn has saved me!

Cons
There isn't really a con to the software, per se. The only issue is that there has to be a prerequisite modicum of technical ability for the person I am trying to help before we can even proceed. Guiding someone through the setup process blindly isn't easy but that's not really the fault of the program.

Mike Mueller

Safe Remote Support Anywhere

Reviewed 2019-02-20

LogMeIn Pro is an amazing tool which gives me access to my computer worldwide for both business and personal use. It is easy to set up and to explain to clients. Remote access is essential, downtime has been eliminated and information that can become crucial to a meeting is accessible in a few clicks. With LogMeIn Pro I am accessible to my clients on the other side of the world without ever needing to leave my home. A trusted reliable program I would recommend to anyone.

Pros
LogMeIn Pro works on any system. The software is reliable, we haven't had any real issues that weren't handled immediately which eliminates frustration. I have been able to access my desktop worldwide without any issue in the past seven years.

Cons
The cost is definitely a drawback. Mac to PC can sometimes be a bit frustrating too.

Anonymous

Great tool for remote support

Reviewed 2018-12-11

It has been a good experience. Is the app to go when you need a quick remote session to solve problems in a windows / desktop environment.

Pros
LogMeIn Pro is a powerful and corporate application forremote support in a production business environment. The tools and options to make the remote support experience complete, is what i like the most on this app. It has great compatibility across diferente devices and Operative System. That fact, makes it an industry standard for nowadays support services.

Cons
I would like to have a more friendly user interface for LogMeIn. I feel that the GUI is a little outdated. Also, we could use more frequent updates to fix bugs and errors.

Saradhi Valluri

No need of VPN

Reviewed 2019-04-10

I have used this software from past 10 years and the best tool to access remote PC's. I am using this to connect my work PC from home and it is the best tool to download huge files from one PC to another.

Pros
It is very east to use and access multiple PC's with one application. The best thing about Logme in is we can access PC's from Web browser instead of downloading additional softwares or tools. The other feature I use using this software is to download large files from one PC to another.

Cons
Remote PC access is depending on the internet speed. If internet connection is slow, gets disconnected too often. UI needs an update as it looks same from past 10 years.

Expensive, but good

Reviewed 2018-11-16

LogMeIn Pro has been great to use. I've never had any issues with the functionality and it has some awesome features. The only issue with it is the price.

Pros
LogMeIn Pro is probably the best remote access tool I have ever used. It's easy to use and offers a ton of features. You can train someone how to use it in a few minutes and then they're good to go.

Cons
LogMeIn Pro is pricey...that's the biggest con. They have a history of raising their prices repeatedly and out of nowhere making it hard to justify to management when there are many tools (tools which are catching up in features as well) which are much less expensive.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Kristen Bottcher

Allows for minimal downtime, can access programs from anywhere.

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Reduced downtime, increased work flexibility, productivity

Pros
I love LogMeIn Pro. It allows all of my employees to be able to log into their work computers remotely. We are a small company, and sometimes things happen - a child is sick or you need to access your computer from home. Also, it is great to allow my employees to work remotely if needed. Works well and is easy to use. It enables employees to access business paid programs that they may not have on their home computers by accessing their work computer to get to the program and work. Minimizes downtime and increases productivity.

Cons
There are other cheaper and even free programs that allow a user to log in remotely (remote desktop connection) as long as the computer is powered on. Of course, this alternative has its disadvantages as well. No other issues with LogMeIn other than the competition. Do some price shopping to see what works best for your company

Great for Remote Access when accessing multiple computers

Reviewed 2019-10-30

Pros
Love that's its easy to use and very intuitive. Can create groups and add computers to each group. Keeps things organized. Able to create an account for user to access their own workstation with only access to their computer. Ability to send links for download.

Cons
It's more expensive than it used to be. Had to move away from the cost trippled.

Anonymous

Too expensive, but works really well

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Pros
This VNC application works great on your phone or on your computer. The phone handles mouse cursor movement very intuitively, scrolling the screen instead of a mouse using swipe type gestures. It feels very natural. Lag is usually low if you have a good internet connection.

Cons
This software is very expensive if you need to deploy it on more than a few machines. We're talking hundreds of dollars a year. There are so many free alternatives, that if you care about money, this might not be the best solution for you.

Peter Graham

Always on the Go!

Reviewed 2019-03-21

Pros
I am constantly on the move with my business. While I do not sit in and office, I am constantly on the move presenting and promoting our business to potential customers. As I am on the road, it is sometimes difficult to manage all of the tasks that would be easy to do from the computer in my office. LogMeIn Central allows me to access my desktop in my office from anywhere in the world in which I have an internet connection. The responsiveness of the software seamlessly allows me to complete tasks as LogMeIn is essentially acting as a portal view to my own computer. This allows me to complete even the most demanding tasks such as multimedia presentations and programs which are very hardware demanding. Before having purchased this software, I was stuck with using a thumb drive and I would have to rely on the computer that was available to me which made my company that much less efficient.

Cons
I had a difficult time setting up the remote server at first. I had to seek the help of my on call IT person to assist me in getting this set up on my computer in my office but once I did It was smooth sailing from there.

Patricia Lange

I love this product, it helps with flexibility in my work schedule and assist with client emerg.

Reviewed 2018-07-13

Good reputation with my clients...they think I'm always available for them.

Pros
Access to clients computer from anywhere, including vacation spots if needed. Giving clients remote access that they had no clue they could do while they were on vacation. Printing is another necessity that this program offers.

Cons
I can't seem to get the "turn off" if a computer is turned off. I've tried talking with tech support, but that's not working. Multi monitor feature needs refining including visibility and pixel matching.

Mark Willard

Best and most affordable remote app in the market

Reviewed 2018-01-31

Pros
This is the most affordable remote desktop app. It is compatible with Windows, MAC. The best part I like is the remote file access capabilities, and grouping the computers. This saves a lot of time. I use this instead of VPN. Just install the app and start remote desktop. Saved a lot of time providing support.

Cons
Once in a while for some reason, on mac the remote access would be disabled automatically. I have to keep turning it on which is kind of annoying.

Lucas Oliveira

Allows Me to Manage Two Sites Remotly

Reviewed 2018-11-21

Pros
Allows me to manage two of my site that are hundreds of miles away without having to physically be there. allows me to log into the desktop onsite and work on it as if I was in front of it. allows me to have access to cameras onsite which give me eyes on the ground remotely.

Cons
Only allows for one person to be on at a time, does not allow someone to shadow the session. boots the current person off of the application if someone else tries to log in

Ben Moore

Great Software, But Better Values Can Be Found

Reviewed 2019-10-22

The software is great. It is fast, works well, and had a lot of extra features. It is one of the few remote software's that allows you to interact with the UAT prompt, which is really important. I would still be using it today if they hadn't gone up significantly on their prices.

Pros
The speed and features of the software in most cases.

Cons
The pricing model and recent cost increases.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Tracey MacKenzie

Great! Never a problem and it never let me down. Easy to set up for both sides - and it reliable

Reviewed 2017-12-12

Customer Satisfaction from my clients = repeat business = more money!

Pros
I used this software for many years when I ran a software company. It was our go to for accessing our users nationwide and they were happy to have it running on their computers so we could log in as required to assist them.

Cons
Sometimes it was a bit slow to connect but this may have been due to the quality of the end users PC and broadband line. No other things I disliked.