Docketwise Reviews

Melanie S.

Anna E.

I love the simplicity of Docketwise. I've used many other immigration softwares and none compare to Docketwise in any capacity (capabilities, affordability, ease, etc.).

Lizette C.

Carlos N.

Lizette C.

Minimizing typing errors while reducing preparation time.

Moises B.

4.9

Great interface combined with high functionality

Docketwise is the fourth immigration software I've used in my career. None come close. It's everything I'd wished for in an immigration forms software. Law offices would be well-served to at least give it a try. I've already enthusiastically recommended Docketwise to several colleagues.

Pros

The first word that came to mind, minutes into my first demo of Docketwise, was “beautiful.” Anyone who has ever used immigration forms programs will agree that they tend to have dated, clunky, visually uninviting interfaces. Docketwise has been a breath of fresh air. The intuitive user interface flows seamlessly from page to page. The next thought that came to mind during my demo was whether Docketwise’s...

Cons

I can't think of any downsides for Docketwise at the moment. If any come to mind later, I'm confident Docketwise's team will address them.

A huge time saver!

Pros

This software has helped me to save time and streamline my practice. By sending out the questionnaires to clients, we are able to avoid filling out the forms in person and waiting for clients to try to recall information. They are able to fill it out ahead of time and the software auto-populates the forms, saving time and avoiding errors. I like that the information integrates with Clio and saves us time entering information. The website is user friendly and the customer service is fantastic.

Cons

Spanish is not available for all of the forms, though there is a work around with customizable questionnaires for clients, and the data synching could be a bit smoother.

Great Company

Pros

This software takes immigration forms to the next level. The ease of access to the immigration forms and ability to modify the forms as needed is crucial for my work. The IT support team is amazing and will work diligently and efficiently to resolve any issues with the software (not that there are many). The support team handles the rollout of new immigration forms seamlessly.

Cons

None. If there was something I didn't like about the software, Docketwise would work to resolve it.

Good Product

Good experience overall

Pros

User friendly software, good customer support.

Cons

Would like more smart form bundles for immigration forms .

I love Docketwise!

Pros

I love the simplicity of Docketwise! I've used many other immigration softwares and none compare to Docketwise in any capacity (capabilities, affordability, ease, etc.).

Cons

This is a difficult question and I must nitpick to find an answer. I would say the set up for creating a form/matter/invoice is tedious. I have to go to the top right to click on "Create" to create any document when I could just click at the top of my client's contact page "invoice" to create one. I hope this makes sense.

Updated Review

Although my previous review listed several issues with the forms, the only issue that I still have with the platform is the autosave feature and no undo button. Other than this, I think that the program is overall effective and really helps differentiate my practice with other firms. When clients use Docketwise to enter in their information, it allows our office to use our time for more important things.

Pros

1. You can send the questionnaire over to the client. The client only has to answer the question once and the information goes across to the other forms. 2. The client makes an account and they can edit the immigration forms. Most of my clients really like this feature and it makes my business more efficient. 3. The platform has changed since I started using it about a year ago. They have more options now. 4. What I like most is the fact that I no longer have to worry about using the current edition date of the various USCIS forms. Docketwise updates the documents regularly and the information that was inputted into the old form is moved over to the new form. 5. There is a direct contact person so if you have issues you can contact them.

Cons

1. There seems to be occasional bugs. Sometimes when you send the issue over to the developers they can't replicate the issue.

This is the solution I was looking for in my immigration practice.

This product has increased my law firms productivity ten fold. Before I used to do forms on my own from the USCIS website. Using Docketwise, has caused me to give up paper questionnaires and keeps me from inputting information directly into forms. The client and the beneficiaries fill out their questionnaires and Docketwise takes care of the rest.

Pros

The thing that I really like about this software solution is that it is intuitive and very easy to use. I have used other immigration forms software. I found that the one I had used previously comes off as very awkward. It made things harder than they really were and then there was also the cost involved that was much higher. Having used that solution before caused me to steer away from it in...

Cons

This is not a criticism of the software solution. Rather, it is a suggestion. In the one week that I have used this software, the only thing that I would like changed about it is when I send out a questionnaire to a beneficiary in an employment based immigration case, the employer's private information should be kept segregated from the eyes of the beneficiary. So, my suggestion is that the beneficiary only have access to their part of the smart questionnaire.

The Best Software At My Firm

It is making my business grow.

Pros

I am extremely pleased with Docketwise. This software streamlined my Immigration practice and enabled me to process more cases in less time. One of the best features, in my opinion, is the ability for my Clients to answer the Online Questionnaires themselves at the comfort of their home or office. Once all of the questions are answered, I receive a notification, and all I need to do is to review the forms and assemble the packets. The Forms that are generated are always up to date, so I do not have to worry for the forms getting sent back due to being outdated. Software works well on the tablet too. Clients (and my staff) love how "user friendly" this software is. Definitely a great value for the money.

Cons

Some of the forms are not available yet, but I was assured that the team is constantly working on adding new forms and features.

Great Form Filling Software

Pros

I love the time saving nature of this software. Previously, we had our clients handwrite their responses on paper, or they would sit with a member of our staff for hours. Docketwise allows for my clients to conveniently actively participate in their form filling, then I as the reviewing attorney can go over it all and clean it up. It cuts out redundancy and clients get served faster.

Cons

(1) It can be difficult to reprogram the way you and your office organize and manage clients. It's a challenge to retrain those in your office to follow Docketwise's procedures. (2) There can be a bit of lag in the system at times. Occasionally there are glitches.

This software has changed my law practice! Highly recommended.

While I certainly appreciate the efficiencies that Docketwise provides, I am also very impressed with their Customer Service. I have had 2 issues during the approximately 1 year that I've been using it, and even though their support people were unable to reproduce my issues on their computers, and even though no other users reported the same issues, they spent as much time as necessary to get me back up and running.

Pros

Docketwise makes it very easy to gather information from clients and to use that information to prepare most immigration forms. The clients can enter their information at their convenience, and the program notifies me when it is ready for me to review. Docketwise then auto-populates that information into the proper forms, which are then available for me to review and print.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this software.

Docketwise is an excellent value and easy-to-use program

Docketwise allows me to collect my clients' information in an easy-to-understand format. Regardless of which immigration form I need to generate, I know that the same information will populate each one. There is no need to retype the same facts over and over again into different forms for the same client. I also know that I'm using the most recent form that USCIS requires. I also use the To-Do list feature and have imported some of my own forms and checklists. Overall, I am very satisfied. The price is right for me as I continue to build my practice. I feel like I have all of the advantages that the big firms have because I purchased Docketwise. I know that I'm not missing anything. It helps me practice smarter, more efficiently and with confidence.

Pros

I liked how straightforward and streamlined the software is. It is easy for my clients to navigate once I send them the link to complete an intake form. And, as an added bonus, it is easy for me to use too. The set-up time is minimal and the instructions are in plain English that "mature" lawyers like me can understand. And, when I can't figure out something, I am completely confident that someone from tech support will call me back right away and answer my questions respectfully and explain everything in easy-to-understand terms. This program is amazing! It's a great value for how well it works and how much support Docketwise offers to users.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that is limiting or difficult about the software. The few issues I had were only related to my learning curve. But again, I sent an email off and scheduled a training session. They explained everything and were quite patient with me and my questions.

Exceptional Value

Pros

Docketwise has completely changed my practice for the positive. The time savings in having the client fill out the questionnaire and the ability for the seamless population of that data in the forms is a huge time saver. For the clients, it looks top notch. For my staff, it simplifies their work. All this at a very reasonable rate. What's not to love about this product?

Cons

As with any digital product, there are bound to be technical issues. However, the customer support has been very responsive and have managed to get me going in no time. With the new version of this product (3rd), I wish there were more advance notice of the changes that would be coming and a comparison of the previous version and the new version. I felt like the new version was a "surprise" when it showed up on my screen. An email to all current customers of the change over would have been helpful and a video of the changes even more.

You can't afford NOT to use DW

Without a doubt we are saving time and resources with DW. I enjoy the ease of use and have had the pleasure of talking with customer service when I have questions as they are very responsive (a chat feature might be handy). To reiterate though - if you aren't using some kind of software for immigration forms, this is a no brainer. And, if you aren't using DW, in my opinion, this product is superior!

Pros

Once you get used to it, it's very intuitive. The amount of time it saves covers any subscription cost. Additionally, by having the client involved in the process and responding directly cuts down on form information errors. The software saves quickly with little down time between screens (which is huge compared to other's I have used).

Cons

There is nothing NOT to like. As with any program such as this, the user can always think of ways to make it even better (e.g. would be great to have some way of knowing what information is INCOMPLETE as the client is working on it). I would also prefer that the dashboard defaults to the matter tab vs. forms, but that's just me! Also, could see some logical improvements to the addendum pages :)

Amazing Immigration Software

The smartforms are incredibly helpful and easy to use. I love that the software does not make you enter information that is not necessary to your case. It really does let you be in the driver's seat of completing the forms.

Pros

Docketwise is incredibly user friendly. We have been some of the first to use Docketwise (originally branded under a different name). We have watched it grow and improve the platform. We have been incredibly pleased with the functionality, ease of use, and wonderful customer service. They are incredibly responsive and proactive to corrections or changes needed. Wonderful product; wonderful team!

Cons

Although they initially had a limited number of forms available, they have continued adding more and more. which has been incredibly helpful!

Best Immigration Forms system

It's a great product.

Pros

Online questionnaires which then fill out forms for us. Customer service is top notch. They take suggestions and implement them. Integration with Clio.

Cons

Nothing to complaint about at all actually.

Early adopter thrilled with Docketwise

I have greatly increased the number of cases I can handle by allowing my clients to control their data and at the same time make efficient use of the collection of their data by having it map directly to the forms needed in each case. These efficiencies have led to a marked increase in business and income. I attributed this increase to use of Docketwise.

Pros

It is designed with a clean and inviting interface, which is important for my clients. It is easy to follow the prompts through the system and the layout and navigation options work well and are efficient and user-friendly.

Cons

Some of the questions require a certain level of knowledge to understand and answer. Sometimes clients aren't able to determine how to answer a question. The issue is usually resolved by a quick answer from me about the item in question and guidance on how to answer the question posed.

Great for first time user of form software

Pros

I did not have much experience with a form software program before trying Docketwise. I researched a lot of the programs and found this to be easy and affordable. At first, it did not have all the extra features some of the other programs had, but they are frequently adding new features. They are responsive to suggestions. Form preparation is so fast and easy by sending questionnaires to clients.

Cons

There are few tweaks I still have to do to forms to make them perfect, which often depends on the completion of the client questionnaire. I would say it gets me 90-95% there. Complaints I may have had before seem to be taken care of by now. I have requested that they add a tracking and report feature, and it seems they are responsive to doing so.

Really easy to use and great customer service

I'm really impressed with their rep's commitment to excellent customer service. He responds to emails within about five minutes and is always available for a call. We've been using Docketwise for over a year and in that time have come across a handful of issues –– each of which the team took care of immediately. I'm overall really happy with Docketwise.

Pros

Docketwise is extremely easy to use. It streamlines the entire process of completing immigration forms and we use it daily. We simply send our clients an invitation to complete the survey from the comfort of their own home, and within 20 minutes an entire adjustment of status packet (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864) is ready to go!

Cons

It would be great if we could white label the domain. Also, some questions are phrased in a confusing way. They're working on both these things however.

Still Pleased with Docketwise

Immigration forms are cumbersome and complicated. Docketwise takes lots of the guesswork out of completing multiple forms quickly.

Pros

We have used the software about 2 years. Beautiful interface. Not too steep of a learning curve. Great support.

Cons

A couple of glitches caused frustration over the 2 years using the program; usually happens when you have a busy day trying to produce forms. The support tech staff and engineers attack any issues quickly. I love that I have direct access to support via email.

As a solo practitioner with no paralegal or other staff, this software is a life saver.

Pros

It saves me so many hours per week that I used to spend inputting information from client questionnaires, and allows me to spend more time actually providing valuable legal advice and guidance to my clients. It is very user friendly and it is actually impressive to my clients that I have such an organized way of gathering information from them and promptly creating the required forms and applications for their case. Another great feature is I never have to worry about using an outdated USCIS form, as that is taken care of automatically. Finally, the monthly cost is fixed and very reasonable.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything negative about this software, other than having more features than I currently have time to explore!

Essential program for immigration attorneys

Extremely positive. Client information transfers between forms. Clients are able to input their data at home, saving time for everyone.

Pros

Ease of use. Saves time. Updated frequently with new features and USCIS forms Great customer support.

Cons

There are no cons. Customer Service is very responsive. Software performs as advertised. USCIS forms updated regularly.

Great product, excellent service

Pros

Docketwise is very easy to use. Customer service is fantastic - any time I have a problem or a question, I simply email them and get a response within 30 minutes saying they are on it or have already fixed the problem for me. They are rolling out great updates to the product, which will make it even more effective for my practice.

Cons

I would like to see more options in the "reports" tab; calendar sync; more robust trust account functionality; and the ability to save common invoice items for faster billing.

Next Level User Experience and Customer Support

Pros

The interface is intuitive and pleasant to use. You can also tell it was designed by an immigration lawyer as the questions make good sense legally. Customer support is superb and we receive extremely fast responses to our questions.

Cons

It's great for family-based cases but the full employment immigration features are still being rolled out.

Intuitive Software

It has reduced the time in following up with clients for information. IT's been great!

Pros

The questionnaires for clients are perfect. They ask all the questions necessary for the forms. There's no real follow up with clients to gather additional information. The support from the company is simply amazing. They listen and if possible, they implement it.

Cons

When something is missed in the profile, you can't fix it on the form but have to find it in the profile to enter in the information which can take time. However, after speaking with them about it, they are in the process to have the information you put in the forms to automatically update the profile - which is going to be huge!

Extremely satisfied customer!

The folks at Docketwise have been extremely responsive to our questions, issues that have arisen, and even suggestions/requests for changes in the software. The training and tech support is unparalleled. We have been deeply satisfied with Docketwise, as it has significantly enhanced our efficiency in serving our clients. Thanks Docketwise!

Pros

The software provides an avenue for efficiency in our immigration work, is extremely affordable, and allows us to collect our client immigration case status information in an extremely accessible form.

Cons

Initially, it wasn't as intuitive and user-friendly, but the technical support, training, and updates have more than made up for the initial struggles.