BuiltWith Reviews

BuiltWith

Web profiling and lead generation software

BuiltWith

Review Summary

4.2

Easy way to filter your leads

Pros

It makes it super easy to browse your lead's site while your on the phone and see the platform they are using, editions, and other tools. It;'s very easy to use and it leaves a good impression with your possible client that you are knowlgable on the subject. A great tool for sales personal who are not SUPER tech-oriented.

Cons

I wish there was a way that the main paltform (ex: Magento) would show up at the top instead of having to scroll down to find it.

My sales team is able to identify the technologies our potential clients are using before our demos.

Being able to identify the tech stack of a company before a demo and before prospecting allows my team to win more business by having relevant conversations from the start!

Pros

I love the new extension that connects to the new view of gmail. I love that we are able to get insights on the tech stack before we engage with prospects.

Cons

I don't have a lot of dislikes with Built With other than being 100% accurate but you won't find that in any solution.

I use datanyze to qualify accounts on and see what tools they are using

Free searches on accounts is very useful when there is a full day of prospecting. I find it more reliable than datanyze due to it's unlimited amount of credits. There are useful customizable feature that other tracking tools dont have that can make accessing information very quick.

Pros

Builtwith's unlimited searches is very helpful. Being able to see what marketing automation a company has is very easy and pretty accurate. It makes double checking accounts very fast and effective. The customizable features like hiding descriptions and links make Builtwidth very fast when looking for specific tools on a website.

Cons

The accuracy of Builtwith is so so. I usually prefer datanyze for accuracy. Giving incorrect or missing information will make me sometimes overlook accounts that might be qualified. Also there is no dashboard telling company size or revenue that I can find. This can be hard to tell if it is completely accurate. Sometime Builtwith will not yeild any results and give me nothing to go off of while prospecting.

Understand Technology Stacks

Pros

Helps you understand which technologies a company is using from their eCommerce platform to their email marketing provider and more.

Cons

It is not always 100% accurate but can provide good insights.

Built With is essential in helping us identify the existing MarTech a company is using.

Pros

Built with is dead simple. It's really as easy as clicking a button and know what you're looking for. By knowing the tech stack ahead of time, we can better position our selves as compliments to it.

Cons

Accuracy is about 85%, sometimes other software (like Datanyze) will catch things that Built With doesn't, specifically with Marketing Automation.

It's very expensive. Limited categories but yes the quality of data is good.

Sent an email campaign in the US and AU. It worked for me and my team, we got some conversions also.

Pros

There are enough filters to have the most customized data that can be. The quality of the leads is really nice. I hardly saw any spam or fake leads. For one data you can get leads in bulk also if you know how to use the tool.

Cons

Very expensive. I have hardly seen any tool in this section that is as costly as this. Plus it takes a lot of time to process the data you filter out.

Helps me prospect the right companies

Pros

This software and add on has really helped me prospect the right companies by finding the marketing automation they currently use and the size and revenue of the company as well.

Cons

The view is not always accurate and it would be awesome if I could solely rely on to see what each company uses.

Leadseye

Pros

It’s a good tool great for gaining news, information, funding to make your emails more relevant

Cons

Nothing bad to say the tool functions for its exact use

Super insightful!

Pros

very good at picking up the entire tech stack of a website

Cons

could be more user friendly- collapse categories that are useless to you, etc

Quoi de plus simple pour décomposer les technologies d'une site

Riche

Pros

Buildwith est facile d'utilisation et possède une base relativement riche de domaine URLs connectés sur les technologies de développement les plus utilisés comme PHP, Java, etc... même dans sa forme gratuite il nous a permi d'identifier 1 à 1 la techno de plus de 20 000 domaine URL dans notre base

Cons

La base préproposée dans la version acheté manquait de MAJ surtout pour les technologies de e-commerce comme magento, prestashop et odoo

Great Research Tool for Scoping Website Projects

Pros

I use this browser extension almost every day, certainly each time I'm researching a prospect or competitor website. With one click you learn about the technology running on the target website. It's great to be able to quickly tell a prospect "Oh I see you're using wordpress with the Avada theme and there's a Facebook pixel so I'm guessing you run FB ads." It's impressive to the non-techy client and helpful in getting your bearings on a new client. I haven't used much of the options on their website, I just stick to quick glances on the browser extension.

Cons

Some websites block this app from reading the build. It doesn't offer whois lookups, which I think would be a good feature for this quick scan. Some features are paid.

It helps me find the technology behind particular websites

Pros

I go to BuiltWith whenever I need a lists of tools that dominate the particular category of software solutions. I also use it to lookup the websites that use certain web technologies. I like the market share information and country based analytics and filters. Database seems to be updated quite often.

Cons

Using it for lead generation is somewhat controversial, because it ends up with outbound sales approach to people who never requested it. It's quite expensive too.

In-depth information on today’s web development trends

BuiltWith is a robust application that provides transparency to today’s technology. This stands to revolutionize the way we do business today as experts gain insight into the applications being used to power the world’s best websites.

Pros

Provides in-depth information today's web development trends

Cons

Price could be out of reach for many businesses