iSpionage Reviews

iSpionage

Cloud-based competitor research and monitoring tool

iSpionage

Review Summary

Pros

Using the UI was easy and gave us awesome results, your support team helped us a lot, and during those few months we really enjoyed the platform.

Alon M.

A great platform that we use daily, complements any other SEM platform our there like semrush.

JEAN-SEBASTIEN P.

Ease of use when comparing it to other like products such as SEMRUSH.

kraig s.

Cons

Understanding the data provided on ads is sometimes confusing and not always accurate.

Chad B.

Dustin J.

The interface is a not as dynamic or user-friendly as it could be. The focus of using it seems to be mostly for PPC and not so much organic search strategies.

4.7

Valuable Beyond SEM

Pros

As a consultant, my job is to be smarter than the client. Ispionage is one of my secret tools. It gives me a view into the competitive set, allows me to benchmark positioning and narrative, and gives me a sense of how the market at large is current approaching acquisition. In short: I look smart. And my clients are empowered.

Cons

I haven't experienced many faults with Ispionage. I think deeper comparison options, larger data sets, higher resolution images of landing pages.

Perfect for Publishers looking to understand where advertisers spend their money.

Pros

The interface is simple to use and the data is exposed in an easily consumable way. No need for advance training to use it so anyone in the team can login, place a query and see results. The most useful feature for us as a tech publishing company is knowing which advertisers are spending on specific keywords and topics, helping us understand the type of content needed to be built in order to yield higher CPMs.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see if not only the "bid value" of the keywords but the "average paid CPC" which is something both the Google Keyword planner and the Bing Keyword planner offer via API. The value there as a user is understanding the actual cost paid by the publisher versus what they need to bid in the auction in order to have impressions. The nuance might seem trivial but it's an important one when planning digital media yield.

Very valuable (if limited) application to make a business case simpler

Pros

I love that you can peek behind the curtain to get an idea of spend levels for competitors—it's actually invaluable for pitches, if you need to convince a potential client that they need to step up spend based on what their competitors are doing.

Cons

It's a bit difficult to determine what you can do after getting that PPC budget estimate. I haven't really found any of the other obvious features very useful. Seems like a little bit of a one-trick pony with a lot of features that aren't that useful.

iSpionage is an incredibly valuable tool

Being able to run a quick analysis of a client's website and provide competitive intelligence is incredibly valuable.

Pros

I love being able to see ads and keywords companies are targeting. iSpionage also helps to identify competitors I didn't even realize existed.

Cons

I felt pretty sneaky using this - a good thing

iSpionage helped me drum up business for 2 clients and the PPC campaigns during slow periods for their industries. It also allowed me to come up with keyword and some copywriting ideas for fields I did not have much experience in - I was able to help them generate more sales as though I were totally versed in these new topics.

Pros

I use iSpionage only when a client pays me to work on their SEO website and/or if they have an Adwords campaign. So I don't use iSpionage as frequently as I do other parts of my work on websites. Sometimes it will be a while since I've done keyword searches and planning, and so have to remind myself how to get back into it. But then I realize it doesn't take long. Within a few minutes, I'm conducting...

Cons

Great Affordable Spying Tool!

So we've used this to help manage SEO for our clients but then also figure out estimated budgets and information on competitors. It doesnt do a great job for Local SEO but otherwise it is very feature rich and gets the job done. We've paid for SEMRush in the past too but it was just too expensive for what we needed it for, so I think pricing wise, this product really hits the niche well.

Pros

Less expensive than SEMRush Good export Features Tracking of Competitors Alerts

Cons

Wish it had more suggestions More accurate Advertising budget spend for competitors

Awesome SEO/PPC Software!

It was great, it still provided a lot of information even with the free trial.

Pros

I really like that iSpionage provides you with a list of SEO & PPC keywords that your competitors are using. It really helps to know what your competitors are focusing on as you're able to use this knowledge to help with your own strategies. It even shows you data from Bing/Yahoo too! It also loads quickly. There is other software's out there that can take a while to load and this one is one of the fastest.

Cons

I wish the free trial would give you more access to the software but it is priced reasonably so that's probably why. It would be great if they let you download PDFs on the free trial so you can get an idea of how these look like prior to purchasing it.

Great spy tool for the money

Pros

It allowed me to see what my competitors we're doing that others tools didn't, great work. I've used a lot of other more expensive spy tools and for the price, you can't beat this. It gives you features others charge much more for.

Cons

There wasn't anything that I disliked, everything worked well all the time. Just like it should.

PPC Competitor Audit info

Pros

The Ability to See Monthly budget From Google and Bing

Cons

Can't See More Local Competitors Only National

Works as advertised - thank you!

Certainly helps me with SEO and allows me to check my competitors. In short, iSpionage rocks! Thank you

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive interface. Keeps me up to date when I need it.

Cons

I have no issues or complaints so far (about six months of use).

Ispionage is great for researching your competitor's ads and keywords

Some of the cool data you can find out about the competition is what keywords they are crushing it with organically, as well as the PPC keywords they are paying for in Google search campaigns (you can even see their ads). Nice software – I recommend!

Pros

I thought Ispionage was pretty cool – giving you the ability to spy on the competition. In addition, it helps me get more visibility online by finding the best keywords that can bring traffic to my site. It also helps me increase the conversion rates of people visiting my site. I thought the software was pretty simple to use. You can just put in the url for the competition and get a report that shows all kinds of good info.

Cons

free account is kinda limited and pro version is a bit pricey to stay on for long term

Ispionage Review

Pros

Ease of use when comparing it to other like products such as SEMRUSH.

Cons

Finding the time to use it and integrating the suggested results.

Good Spying tool

Pros

The software helps me find profitable keywords and ads

Cons

I wish it would show more landing pages that were used to promote certain offers from the advertisers

Great Product - Easy to Use

Overall it is a great product for the value.

Pros

Overall it is very intuitive and easy to use. I can easily jump in and do some research quickly.

Cons

It would be nice if it was domain-specific.

Nice SEM Tool

Pros

It does a better job than others checking out paid ads

Cons

To be honest I am not a heavy enough user to have pains yet

Pros

Great for researching competitor keywords

Cons

Our clients competitors can use it too ;)

Overall you guys are great

Pros

Cons

Unfortunately, the platform back then didn't have API access to what we needed. Move over, most of the data didn't change on a daily/weekly/monthly base. So, after a few weeks of using the platform, we had 90% of what we needed.

Very easy to use

Pros

Can be clunky at times but offers plenty of valuable insights

Cons

Information is everywhere so need some time getting used to.