Opteo Reviews

Opteo

Google Ads management tool

4.89/5 (102 reviews)

Pros
  • Simply put, it's been a great addition to our toolbox. We use it in conjunction with the Google Ads platform and often find the optimization suggestions more helpful and more honest.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Overall it's awesome, I've used much more expensive competitors like Wordstream and Opteo is more fun, easier to use and gives as good or better suggestions for a fraction of the cost.David K.Read the full review
  • This software is very user-friendly. It is also fantastic at telling you what to improve in your campaign and helps find mistakes in your campaign.Shawn B.Read the full review
Cons
  • Suggestions occur for a variety of topics such as exact match keyword suggestions, negative keywords, bid adjustments, pausing poorly performing ads, placement exclusions and many more.✔ David E.Read the full review
  • The confirmation window when it does a task can be a little annoying which just seems to add time to processes, I think previously this wasn't part of the software.Jason R.Read the full review
  • Occasionally (1 in20 suggestions) the API between Opteo and AdWords errors out. In those cases, you must enter AdWords directly and implement the suggestion manually.✔ David E.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Alex Cruz

Opteo Works!

Reviewed 2019-08-19

My overall experience has excellent. I have zero experience with ad words and Opteo has made it very easy to optimize the performance and see better ROI for my Google dollars.

Pros
Opteo takes the guesswork out of optimizing my Google ads. Very easy too use, but very effective tool.

Cons
Every once in a while I get an error where changes could not be pushed to Google ads.

Such a great tool!

Reviewed 2019-10-25

Simply put, it's been a great addition to our toolbox. We use it in conjunction with the Google Ads platform and often find the optimization suggestions more helpful and more honest. Google mostly wants us to add costly components to campaigns that will "increase clicks by such and such a percentage," so they say. But because we run ads for clients, we're constrained by budget in most cases and can't increase them at-will.

Pros
I love that the Opteo platform provides step-by-step, well thought-out rationales for the more involved optimization suggestions. This helps us craft simple justifications for campaign changes that we can share with clients—that they'll actually understand! Also, the visuals and stats provided with certain suggestions—like the "pause this poorly performing ad in this particular campaign or ad group" are incredibly helpful for the exact same reason. Having the numbers digested for us makes our work just that much easier.

Cons
Opteo can't grasp context. For example, I often have to dismiss "add keyword" suggestions because the suggested keyword is outside of the context of the targeted user intent. We do recognize however that other factors could be at play here that are obviously outside Opteo's control.

Nagy Jenő

Best tool for Google Ads management

Reviewed 2020-05-18

It helps speed up Google Ads management.

Pros
Opteo is very graphical, it is easy to use. It comes up with suggestions, that I would not think of.

Cons
It is very easy to use, it is helpful so it is hard for me to come up with aspects that I don't like. I least like adding negative keywords, they can be added only to lists.

Ian Copenhaver

Great for some Insights - much cheaper than competitin

Reviewed 2019-02-21

Pros
The costs is far cheaper than competitive softwares like Wordstream.

Cons
The UI is not as intuitive as some of the other platforms. Very manual process to implement changes.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Great Product, Great price

Reviewed 2020-02-25

Our ads clients have seen improved performance since using Opteo.

Pros
This software integrates seamlessly, and works flawlessly for us so far!

Cons
Nothing really, this software was the best choice for us.

Gregory Jensen

Missing Microsoft Advertising Integration but Otherwise Fantastic

Reviewed 2019-12-13

We're saving a ton of time managing the day-to-day efforts for our clients' Google Ads campaigns — allowing us to focus on larger overarching strategies.

Pros
Opteo makes it exceptionally simple for advertisers with a lot on their plate to manage what would normally be arduous tasks in a fraction of the time. In addition, whether you're a relative newbie or an experienced PPC manager, you'll find something helpful or interesting among all the tips and advice Opteo will give you along the way.

Cons
The biggest knock against Opteo is that it doesn't integrate with Microsoft Advertising, and Opteo's team has confirmed that it's not currently on their roadmap. While this may be less important in the grand scheme of things, it does make things a little bit more tricky at times.

Kallum Saleem

Saves Heaps Of Time & Provides Recommendations Based On Statistically Significant Trends

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-07-17

Pros
Opteo saves you serious amounts of time & money, it essentially is like having an assistant look over your whole account 24/7 and suggest changes that you approve. Opteo also shows you *why* it is suggesting the changes to help with your decisions on if you should actually implement its changes, this is invaluable when implementing changes as you can literally see the criteria the computer looked at to suggest these changes, so you can ensure you always make the right decision. I also noticed that Opteo picks up things like broken links many hours or even days before Adwords itself does, this is a very valuable feature if you have products that do a lot of volume or ads that spend a lot.

Cons
It could be improved if it was possible to replace broken ad links in Opteo itself, rather than having to find the same ad in Adwords & Fix it there.

David Kritchevski

Awesome Software

Reviewed 2020-03-03

Pros
The user interface is fantastic, really makes you want to actually use the software unlike a lot of other softwares out there, also has fantastic features that let you optimize an Adwords account very easily. Many of the recommendations it gives are spot on and you can implement them with 2 clicks.

Cons
Some of the recommended changes it gives to your clients Adwords account aren't actually improvements so you need to watch out and make sure what it's recommending is actually good.

Jim Lastinger

Opteo greatly improves my workflow

Reviewed 2020-03-09

Pros
I use Opteo to handle a lot of the day-to-day, routine work that comes with managing ad accounts. Things like bid adjustments, adding keywords from search terms, etc. Being able to process those changes in bulk saves me hours per week.

Cons
I feel like the onboarding process for a new account could be improved. A simple 3-5 question setup survey when importing a new account could help get the optimization off to a faster start. Not a big deal at all, but could be helpful.

Andreas Fox

Happy using Opteo for 6 Months now

Reviewed 2020-04-09

More fun optimizing our Google Ads campaigns - and a lot easier to do this!

Pros
Regulary Email about Mayor Changes in Google Ads Accounts Software very easy to use Help manage Google Ads a lot easier

Cons
I am onehundred percent (100%) happy using Opteo

Michele Macnab

Excellent Adwords tool for those who want to remain in control of bidding

Reviewed 2017-09-06

Pros
This is like the Wordstream 20 minute work week only much easier to use - and ideal for those of us who spend more than 20 minutes working on our Adwords accounts a week, as suggestions come up once or multiple times a day, depending on which plan you choose. I found the bidding suggestions particularly useful, and it picks up ad misspellings and duplicates - even when you've got the same broad match keyword with a different word order in the account. I also love the suggestions on which ads to pause based on conversions per impression OR click through. It has a lot of great features actually. Support is great and gave me higher level suggestions on structuring my account. What I really love is that there is a forum where you can suggest new features and vote on them, and they have statuses on them so you can see what's coming next. We tried automated bidding tools but didn't have the huge conversion volumes required to see good results from those. We'd trialed Acquisio but I didn't like how the bidding strategy was taken out of your hands, and setup was a nightmare - and even worse was disassociating my thousands of campaigns from the shared budgets their system set up - and support wouldn't help. For accounts that have sufficient conversion volumes I'd likely use a combo of Opteo and Adspert which was our favourite bid automation tool, but for all of our accounts, big and small, Opteo has delivered good results for us regardless of the number of historical conversions.

Cons
A few improvements could be made - campaigns and ad groups list doesn't show up in alphabetical order, there could be a few more features - but I can see new features are regularly being developed. I'd love to see bid adjustment suggestions based on locations, and more frequent ad scheduling suggestions, but for the latter we likely don't have enough data in our accounts anyway to make meaningful adjustments, so perhaps that feature does come up more regularly for bigger accounts.

Peter Downie

Exceptional Adwords Software That Puts The Client First

Reviewed 2017-07-14

Pros
— Opteo optimizes for the client's best interest. — Opteo encourages engagement between the marketer and the account. — The Opteo recommendation engine has, on many occasions, provided extremely similar recommendations as our Google Partner Certified marketers. The difference is, our marketers spent hours reviewing the account while Opteo spends seconds. We continue these comparisons and they are ongoing and verifiable. Becuase of this, our trust level with Opteo is sky high; it can be relied on to provide solid, useful recommendations. — Opteo is fun to use. We enjoy logging in and seeing what the engine has recommended for us. — Opteo works. Across the board we have seen reduced CPAs, more conversions, and a higher Quality Scores. — Opteo rarely fails. In our experience, we have never seen a timeout when the software is interacting with Google Adwords API to implement changes to the account. — Opteo sales team are not pushy, and support is very helpful. — Oboarding is easy, and there are multiple ways to add accounts, which is tremendously useful. e.g., you can add multiple MCCs, or single accounts, which means even though your clients might be a tangled web, it all gets standardized in Opteo.

Cons
Opteo takes Adwords info and displays the data in slightly different ways. I had a few questions about what this data meant, so contacted Opteo support. Opteo Support setup a screen share session with me and walked me through each of my questions. During this call, I learned much about Opteo and even a few things Adwords that I didn't know (yes, not everyone can know everything)!

Robert Bertram

The perfect Adwords tool for small agencies, freelancers, and those with limited time.

Reviewed 2017-02-22

As a small-scale digital marketing consultant I don't have the budgets to work with the larger automation or bidding tools, but I knew that I wanted to cut down on the time I spent performing "grunt work" in my accounts. I signed up for an Opteo trial (back when it was Altus) and have continued the plan ever since. Opteo does all the heavy lifting of day to day account monotony for you. it has a beautiful interface with very clear explanations that provides you with suggestions to adjust keyword bids, change up extensions, pause ads, write new ads, add keywords, structure your account'all with very clear explanations, relevant numerical support, and additional text/video content around the subject. I've taken an account that was losing money and brought it back to a profitable level over the past couple of weeks by correctly setting up my target CPAs within Opteo and following every suggestion that the tool has offered. The support from the team is incredible, they're both fast and very knowledgeable, and I would certainly recommend the tool to anybody needing to free up some time and reduce human error in their Adwords account. I can only see Opteo getting better, so I'll certainly remain a member.

Pros
Reduces human error in maintenance checking Reduces time spent on grunt work Clear, concise reporting-much easier to see KPIs at a glance over Adwords interface Beautiful UX

Cons
Although every suggestion in the tool will ultimately help with quality scores, it would be great to have a feature to monitor quality score at ad group level. (I have been in touch with the team and they've acknowledged this.)

Alan Joseph

Fine AdWords management tool that makes everything in one place

Reviewed 2018-08-15

Pros
It is basically an Adwords management tool, that provides suggestions by continuous extensive monitoring of your accounts with the backup of statistically relevant information and you get these suggestions many times a day about the several options available. They have a lot of features that enable users to create their ads by writing them themselves or even based on their rival’s ads.

Cons
The interface of the application isn't user-friendly and is not apt for the portable devices such as tabs and mobile phones. Absence of features to export a report. The application needs extension to Google display network. The reporting tool lacks advanced features.

Josh Pack, MBA

Opteo Is a Must Have for Google Ads Users Looking to Make Management Less Time Consuming!

Reviewed 2018-08-07

Pros
I've been using Opteo for about a year now and I can't imagine ever leaving. A lot of Google Ads tools out their aim to take away control of your campaigns with extensive automation. Opteo keeps the control in the hands of the Managers, allowing them to pick and and choose what optimizations they want to push live to the campaign. The majority of the adjustments are changes to the campaign that hours of analyzing data would only point to.

Cons
The interface can take some getting used to and will stutter and hang from time to time. They also do not currently support PLA campaign adjustments besides discovering negative keywords.

Paul Roland

Great Tool To Identify Campaign Performance Issues and Resolve Them Quickly

Reviewed 2017-07-10

Pros
The best feature for me is that it saves time. The tool uses analysis algorithms to identify issues and opportunities with keywords, ads, and bidding strategies. Having the tool do this greatly reduces the time I was taking to manage accounts with my own manual process. The tool provides a very good interface to fix issues by adjusting keywords, ads, bidding, or other settings.

Cons
The recent user interface update resolved most of the issues I had. I would like to use the tool to produce PDF reports that I could deliver to prospects to show the issues and the score card of the account performance. I think this would help me win new business.

Anonymous

One of the best AdWords tools around

Reviewed 2017-08-17

Pros
Opteo had changed the way we work in our agency. Optimizing accounts used to be sifting hour after hour through a lot of data on a daily basis. Thanks to Opteo we receive account recommendations that actually work. Since we started using Opteo almost all of our accounts showed major improvements like better quality scores, more traffic volume, better CPA's and more relevant traffic. The Opteo team responds quickly to support questions. If you have suggestions they actually listen and add these features to their product. New features are added often, almost on a monthly basis. I can't imagine a world without Opteo. 3 thumbs up!

Cons
The user interface isn't always clear on some points but that's minor. It also doesn't work ideally on mobile devices.

Thomas Reinholdt

Great system for Google Ads

Reviewed 2019-03-15

Overall very satisfied with the system and are recommending this a lot to others, heads up for the team and their service

Pros
First of all, it's unbelievable easy to use this system, we have been using it for a couple of years and the service and support is truely great. The developers are also open for new ideas and are continuously developing new features.

Cons
Dont have any comments for this at all, if we have any issues and need for support the team have an answer right away.

Feature Rich (and Growing) PPC Management Product

Reviewed 2017-08-09

Pros
- Great account improvements section - manually push recommended improvements. I actually like that it's a manual process. Better understand the recommendations. - Constantly growing feature list. The developers are adding new functionality nearly every week. - Easily manage an entire MCC's worth of accounts. - Huge value for the price. - The support is stellar. Send a chat and usually answered within minutes.

Cons
- The appearance if the application, while super clean, could use a bit of work to help keep accounts and features separated. Occasionally I am hunting for a specific tool and it blends together.

Thomas Mead

Makes Adwords....a little too easy!

Reviewed 2019-01-14

Pros
We've been using Opteo to optimize a few accounts over the past two years. The tool makes it easy to retain a very clear overview of your account while making improvements. I can only imagine the tool is suitable for agencies large and small. Their dev team constantly iterates on the platform to the benefit of the user. UX & UI is great and straightforward too. If you're on the fence - use Opteo, there's no downside whatsoever. It more than pays for itself :)

Cons
None that spring to mind, which is pretty rare. If we're clutching at straws here, I'd say the dashboard is a little 'white'? Opteo has made sure Adwords is boring and easy for me, even though we're operating in a hypercompetitive niche. Make of that what you will :)

Anonymous

Huge help for a small team!

Reviewed 2020-01-22

This is a great product overall. We've had amazing responsiveness and readiness from the Opteo team to adapt to our needs which is huge for us as we grow. Overall, I would recommend Opteo for small teams like ours who need a hand focusing on what will actually move the needle on campaigns.

Pros
Easy to integrate into our daily routines - actually, it improved the daily routine significantly. Straightforward platform that also helps with prioritizing tasks when it can seem overwhelming. Helps to make easier and more mindful decisions.

Cons
No negative's come to mind at this point

✔ David E. Fowler

Excellent Back Seat Driver For AdWords Account Management

Reviewed 2017-02-22

We're only human, and to be human is to make mistakes, despite our best intentions with checklists and procedures. Enter Opteo. Opteo reviews your AdWords accounts making helpful suggestions based on well-established best practices. These aren't the semi-helpful AdWords suggestions that Google provides. These are specific data based suggestions. I find I implement 90-95% of them. If you approve the suggestion, in one click Opteo will implement it for you. If you don't like the suggestion, you can permanently ignore it or ignore it for a certain period of time. Suggestions occur for a variety of topics such as exact match keyword suggestions, negative keywords, bid adjustments, pausing poorly performing ads, placement exclusions and many more. It is especially helpful for smaller accounts that don't warrant a lot of management time due to low ad spend. Opteo covers the bases until time/budget justifies a deeper look.

Pros
Deep data-driven account management suggestions Continual feature improvement over time by Opteo

Jason Rowe

Forget the trivial adwords task concentrate on the creative Opteo does the graft while you create

Reviewed 2018-10-17

Pros
Opteo has already taught me so much more about adwords which is probably where I've been going wrong for the last ten years, it makes it so much easier to manage your adwords account and see the progress. It gives you confidence that the account is going to improve as the algorithm is constantly monitoring a varied range of segments. The software is constantly being updated with new features

Cons
It sometimes hangs, but support is very quick to iron out any little bugs. The confirmation window when it does a task can be a little annoying which just seems to add time to processes, I think previously this wasn't part of the software.

Gustavo Madruga, Ninja em Marketing Digital

Makes my life easier

Reviewed 2017-02-09

Opteo really makes my life easier because it shows me several adjustments to the AdWords campaigns that I would have to manually detect by analyzing reports.

Pros
Very easy to use. Just click, click, click, optimization done. For every optimization there is plenty of help and knowledge. Support responds really fast. Great price.

Cons
More optimizations rules could be great. On the top of my mind comes something like "dynamically adjust bids to be #2 (or any position you want)". And "adjust to always be on top of first page". Things like that, utilizing adwords scripts, would be very good to have.

Anonymous

Easy to use, and lets you decide

Reviewed 2019-07-10

Opteo helps us make smaller day to day changes in our clients accounts, giving us more time to focus on more crucial things and helping our clients better

Pros
Easy to use, intuitive, lets you decide what changes to be done, explains why a change should be made, make changes direct in their interface, fast support and they listen to feedback

Cons
I love the simplicity, but if I had to put a finger on something, it would be that it isn't Danish and therefore not suggesting spellingmistakes in Danish (I'm from Denmark)