Church Windows Reviews

Pros

The software makes tracking out money really simple and the ability to call with questions and receive same day help is wonderful.

Rachel A.

I love that this program is very user friendly. Coming from an accounting background I appreciate the similarities.

Mildred L.

I would rate it very well. Adequate support makes all the difference in helping to apply a good experience in working with any kind of software uses.

Staci N.

Cons

When trying to correct mistakes or errors it can sometimes be tricky to do. I think this software requires more training than one would expect.

Hannah S.

The scheduler program is used by our church, but must be handled separately from all our other calendars due to lack of integration with other programs.

Jeanette W.

If I were to chose a negative, I suppose it would be the learning curve.

Bill G.

Great church management software

Transcript

Steven D: I'm Steven, I'm a pastor in the religious industry, and I rate Church Windows a four out of...

Excellent Membership module

Transcript

Eric: Hi, my name is Eric. I'm a pastor of a church and I give Church Windows a four out of five. And...

Awesome Church Management Software!

Church Windows has helped our church operations in so many ways. The reporting and budgeting options in Accounting have been especially helpful in financial planning and oversight. The payroll module simplifies all things related to payroll (direct deposit, taxes, W-2s, etc). Giving statements are easy to produce, as well as giving reports. People tracking is always a challenge, and the Membership module does so much to help. The support is fantastic, they know the program, and many of them also serve in their local church. Overall, Church Windows is an outstanding product!

Pros

Our church has used Church Windows for many years. It seamlessly tracks people, giving, accounting, and payroll. Each module can be used by itself, or integrated to all work together. The support people are fantastic--friendly, patient, and easy to understand. Training is readily available through online video tutorials, brief online training sessions, workbooks, and the program help feature. The user-friendly software is great for beginners, offers many features for seasoned users, and versatile enough for church volunteers and employees alike.

Cons

Nothing. I love everything about Church Windows!

Lisa, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Aging Technology

We use church windows to manage our parishioners’ records and all donations. We have been using this solution for more than 15 years. While it has served us well, it has not grown with changing technology. We are in the process of moving to a cloud-based solution.

Pros

Robust church management solution from a well established provider. Cost of maintenance is negligible. Feature-rich.

Cons

Single platform (Windows only). No viable cloud option (they offer cloud service, but it is really just their regular software on VM). Difficult UI, not intuitive.

George, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows Software

It's great to have all church information in one spot. I do feel limited with what I can do and what i want to do with the program. I am sure it's all training related.

Pros

The basics of the program is laid out nice.

Cons

The software has moved away from it's user friendly-ness a little bit. Some of the report features are confusing and if you don't check the right box or column you don't get what you are looking for. I think they wanted to make reports come from a central area but I find it confusing. Also- you have great videos, which are better than the written instructions, but if you have several issues you...

Shannon, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. If you're using the current version of Church Windows, please hit the F1 key on any screen in Church Windows to bring up the Help File topic on that page. When open, the help page can be printed. We hope this helps. We would also suggest you look at the Live Web Training option as a time and cost effective way of getting one-on-one training with one or our trainers. Please call our support techs when you have any questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com. Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows - easy to use

It's still much better than my previous experience with ACS. Much more user-friendly. Support has gotten slow but always resolves issues.

Pros

Easier to use, once you understand the program. Lots of options for customizable reports. All our church info in one place.

Cons

The customer service has gotten slower to respond over the years. You can pay extra for premium support, which I don't appreciate. Been a customer for 15 years, paid a lot of annual fees for support.

Long-time user

The church Session likes the Income and Expense Statement that they are given each month. Also, reports for individual committees.

Pros

I have used Church Windows at two different churches. Compared to other church software I have used, Church Windows is superior in ease of use, and support. The cost is very affordable. . Support is excellent, especially using e-mail.

Cons

I would like to see more ability to build reports. Sometimes it is frustrating trying to get the information needed.

Patricia, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows - an A+ Product

We've been using Church Windows for about 15 years now. I love the history of transactions, how easy it is to use, and the good price for customer support.

Pros

It's very user-friendly and the layout makes sense - I can find what I'm looking for and complete tasks easily and quickly.

Cons

Occasionally, there are bugs, as with any software. We've had to call support a couple of times and they are very helpful.

Useful

I like using Church Windows. It has been good for our congregation.

Pros

The modules and how payroll and donations work with accounting.

Cons

Having to use an "accounting" rather than "financial" module. I don't like having to enter bills and pay them.

Church Windows is a pretty good Church Management software, plain and simple.

As a younger individual who is able to use all of the tech that this program offers, most churches are not up to speed. let a lone up to the gathering point of contributions needed for the cost.

Pros

Church Windows can help you track your membership, donations, accounting, and schedules. Highly supported and the team is available to help with anything you need.

Cons

Sometimes too much of a good thing can be bad. While all the features offered by Church Windows are magnificent, many churches will never need even half of the potential this offers. When you see the price tag that may become clear.

Amazing Customer Service

Overall, Church Windows is a great software and I could never say enough about the wonderful customer service. I can easily track day to day transactions and report to our Vestry board on a monthly basis. As we all know, churches run on budgets so it is important to be as accurate as possible every month to make sure we stay within the budget. Church Windows has been instrumental in showing us where we need to make cuts and where we can afford to grow.

Pros

Customer Service is amazing. I never have to wait on hold and they call back fairly quickly with a knowledgeable rep. Everyone I have spoken to has been extremely helpful and kind.

Cons

Having used software like Quickbooks my entire career, I am used to Intuit's ease of use. Pulling up the check register and being able to click right to the transaction. Church Windows is great and I can find everything I need and print any kind of report I would need but it's not quite as user friendly as I would like. I also don't like that payroll is in a separate icon and not built into the other modules.

Jamie, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Difficulty Converting to Church Windows

I would not recommend this system for someone who is not knowledgeable in terms of accounting systems. The biggest issue, in my mind, is the way the donation module has to tie into the accounting system. In other words the total donations for a week must be exactly what is deposited in the bank. This my be great from an audit perspective, but it makes for difficulty on a weekly basis. The support is excellent and the Church Windows staff patiently answer my questions.

Pros

I like the features of Church Windows but the fact that the donations and accounting are integrated make it difficult to utilize on a weekly basis.

Cons

We are currently using a spread sheet program to record donations and are using Money Counts for our accounting system. The membership and donations modules were fairly easy to implement but the accounting system is more difficult. We have spent two years implementing the accounting system and are not finished.

Jerry, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

A Valuable Tool for Church Administration

Overall, Church Windows has served us well, and we would be unlikely to consider switching to a new church software program. There is untapped functionality for us within the current suite of modules - for example, we have not historically used all the options for tracking attendance and communicating with members. We look forward to making even better use of it as time permits our secretary and volunteers to learn how to use those parts of the program.

Pros

We use Church Windows for accounting, payroll, membership records, and donation tracking, so it is an integral part of our church administration. Because we are careful to enter data accurately and use the suite of software systematically, Church Windows is an excellent way for us to manage information and make timely reports to church leaders. We like having one software package to handle so many...

Cons

Some of the modules seem less user-friendly to us. For example, the Donations module where we record individuals' giving and generate reports for tax purposes is not intuitive to use, and we found it very difficult to set up quarterly and annual statements in the form and format that we desired, when we began using Donations when the software publisher updated an earlier Church Windows module, Contributions....

Why I Love Church Windows!

Pros

Church Windows is a very user-friendly software. It's easy to navigate through the different modules. I use the Accounting, Payroll, Membership and Donations modules the most. I went to their location in Columbus for one day of training when I started using this software. It was very helpful and our instructor, CSR, was excellent! Since then I have been able to breeze through the accounting module with ease. It's great for printing financial reports for meetings, payables and receivables, tracking income and expenses, creating individual funds, writing checks and processing payroll. For the most part it's super easy to use! If I do have a question that I just can't figure out, I call their customer support and they're very friendly and helpful.

Cons

The only draw back to Church Windows is when you call customer support, they can't help you right away. Someone has to call you back, normally it's within the hour. But sometimes it can be longer depending on the day and time you call. By the time you get a call back you're on to something else and you have to go back and remember why you needed them to help you. There have been times that I have figured it out before I get a call back. I believe you can pay more for immediate assistance, however I don't call very much so it's not worth the extra cost to our church. Some may want to pay the extra to get immediate assistance until you're more familiar with the software, then you can switch to the lower cost. Because it won't be long you'll be proficient and won't require much support!

Tammy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Bang for the Buck Is Hard to Beat

We are a medium size church and I am the part time bookkeeper so my thoughts on the program are related to the parts of the software I use (as well as the integrations with the other modules) For the money, it's hard to beat how easy the program is to use and how quickly I can accomplish most tasks with it. I've looked at some slick web based programs that handle "work from anywhere" better, but they cost thousands of dollars per year when you add up all the features you need, and they don't offer the flexibility and ease of use Church Windows offers.

Pros

Church Windows does a lot of things nicely. I love the way the Donations module dumps our members donations into income accounts in Accounting with the press of a button. Payroll, which is tailored for churches (handles ministers with no problems) also integrates with Accounting automatically. The Accounting module allows me to book typical church transactions quickly and easily, but provides the ability to do complex accounting transactions as well. While lots of church management programs claim to handle fund accounting, Church Windows does true fund accounting which allows our church great flexibility in tracking designated donations and spending. While not perfect, the program is an excellent value.

Cons

Church Windows has a web based version that uses browsers to view Windows type screens and I find this clunky to use. I'd much rather have an app on my phone that I can use to pull up membership data when I need someone's phone number and an Accounting app that would let me enter transactions remotely when I'm away from the office. The Accounting module also lacks an easy way to handle credit card transactions - I'd like to see something like Quicken that let's you check off the charges when you reconcile the monthly credit card statement. It handles credit cards fine, just not as easily as Quicken or Quickbooks.

Roger, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows review

I recently spend about 3 months evaluating other church software programs for our church. We wanted something to reach a younger audience more quickly and something more integrated with a modern web-design. I read online, talked to people on the phone and evaluated lots of other Church-oriented software. None of them had all of the components that Church Windows had. Most did not have an integrated...

Pros

The best thing about Church Windows is that it is integrated and fairly inexpensive. You can get a donations module, payroll, accounting, membership AND scheduling with online access for a low monthly fee. AND for only a little more per year, get unlimited phone support. The support is amazing. Never have I called and not gotten an answer to any issue that I was having. The modules are all integrated...

Cons

Unfortunately, Church Windows is not always intuitive. There are tons of things that it can do and it can generate tons of data and reports, but you to know EXACTLY how to ask it for what you want. There is quite a steep learning curve to really get the most out of the program. The accounting software does use different terminology and reports than most professional accountants are used to. And...

Stephanie, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Use of Church Windows

Within my genealogy society, I am able to modify the membership features to show those that are of most importance to me (membership date, last paid date, etc.). It produces the reports I want - with some help from a telephone call. I always have telephone assistance to help me, and the people are always so patient and helpful and pleasant!

Pros

As Parish Administrator at Grace Episcopal Church (Alexandria, VA), I used the membership, contributions and accounting modules of Church Windows for some eleven or twelve years. I selected the software from others and was pleased with it, and more pleased with its improvements. I attended two of their training programs (conducted locally). I was always well pleased with the telephone assistance,...

Cons

The contributions postings to accounting that was orginally offered. The contributions entries were totaled by day, confusing my bank reconcilations. This was changed during the time I used Church Windows; so it is no longer was a problem. I saw an example of email addresses entered in the household window, rather than in the individual window. Yes, there may be individual email addresses, but I would like to see an email address within the household window (even if it is a duplicate within an individual window).

Charlotte, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Great features but not always uiser friendly

Despite the above reasons, I am very happy with Church Windows. It gets the job done and the reports are clear and concise (when I can locate the ones I need!). The customer service is second to none. They have always gotten back to me the same day and they are wonderful about walking me through things that I do not understand.

Pros

The features are really great. It has everything we need and even some things that we don't! The reports are clear and concise and there is a variety as far as what types/kinds of reports are available.

Cons

The user-friendliness ability is lacking. There seem to be way too many steps to do one task. Also, it is not compatible with our label machine so we have to do our labels though the program provided by the label maker (Dymo) instead of through Church Windows, which is what we would prefer. One thing I really, really wish that Church Windows offered was the ability to separate families/people into...

Melissa, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Widows Software Review

I have been using this product for many years and have, despite the "cons" I have listed, found it to be a very usable and functional product. When our church was audited we came away with a very positive review. I have recommended this software to several churches that were using QuickBooks. ps. I have used other church accounting software in the past and I know there is church accounting (fund accounting) software that handles fund accounting with great ease but the price of this software is far beyond what a small church could easily afford. Church Windows is a far better product for church operations than QuickBooks.

Pros

Solid software. Software provides a solid foundation for small church accounting operation at a cost that a small church can afford. It is easy to use with flexible reports. It's focus is built around churches and church activity. It does not try to be all things to all like QuickBooks does. Because of this, in my opinion it is a much better product for church fund accounting and member needs than QuickBooks. Customer support is good. When there is an issue or question I have found the support team to be very knowledgeable of their product and easy to deal with.

Cons

Because of the way fund accounting is implemented in Church Windows a great deal of work, caution and consistence must be observed to keep Church Windows balances matched to multiple actual bank accounts. Making payments from multiple bank accounts different bank accounts does not work. All payments must be made from the same account and then funds must be transferred to cover payments. Some improvements should be done to provide more information in some screens. Tech support has not been open to providing additional information to some reports and screens. There are some inconsistency between application modules layouts that take a little "getting used to." These are minor issues though.

Fred, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Good Program with Great Customer Support

We are a small, small town congregation. We use the program for all our membership and financial records of the church. In general we have had a positive experience with the Church Windows program and helpline.

Pros

The Customer support is one of the best selling points of this program - professional, helpful, patient, and prompt in their replies. In regards to the program it is great how the system for Members, Donations, and Accounting are woven together, there is the ability in detail to establish security settings, and the system creates a trail for every action. For Accounting the system is robust for Fund accounting and provides a number of reports with the click of a button. We are glad to see the most recent overhaul to the software that has made significant improvements to the program.

Cons

The online mobile version is cost prohibitive for a small and medium sized congregations limiting its value for less centralized congregations and use in the mission field. Though the report creation tool is powerful, it is complicated to the point of needing to relearn how to create new reports each time one is needed (a definite time sink limiting the ability to readily create new reports). At times...

Joseph, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Sufficient for our needs, but always room for small improvements

Church Windows is a good general record keeping software for a church. We don't use some of the features (like class attendance) but those features that we use have helped us.

Pros

I appreciate that this software helps us to keep track of our membership and visitors both, gives us a central repository for their details and helps us to track attendance trends. Where there are options to customize some of the fields that appear in the main panel for each individual person is helpful as I was able to reorder per our interests and remove from view fields that aren't important. That...

Cons

-That the Comments field is 'buried' on another tab instead of being an option to include on the main tab/panel of individual's information -Address entry is more steps than should be necessary, and there's no way to label addresses, such as for members who only reside in the area part of the year but provide their off-season address to us as well. -Rather than having to hunt through tabs on an individual's...

Mary, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

November 2018

I am very pleased with the software. I like having access to ongoing learning options in the webinars (I used to receive emails about these dates coming up but now I don't which causes me to forget to go looking for them myself!) It takes awhile to become familiar with the software and how it works but now that I am comfortable I am most pleased that I can produce so many reports. I am sometimes frustrated that I don't have enough data from members of the congregation or ministers to produce more detailed and comprehensive reports. The creation and development of them is sound. The support staff is excellent in solving problems and being friendly and supportive. They respond in a timely manner.

Pros

Ease of extracting information from the data to create reports. The number of boxes where details may be entered is excellent - every possible situation has been considered, including winter or out-of-town school addresses plus different last names for individuals within the family unit plus multi-level phone numbers and emails.

Cons

I love to have the support of the software by speaking with a real person. My patience challenges me at times to wait for the phone call back! Sometimes there are difficulties in choosing the right report ie. directory vs. basic because the format of the directory report is good but there are decisions embedded there which override any selections I might make for the report ie. individual vs. family identities

Joy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

A time saver!!

We moved from a spreadsheet reporting method to Church Windows for recording church members into a data base that offers many uses. Later, we added the Donation module and this was the greatest asset for the software. First in importance was the accuracy of the entry and the availability of almost instant reports. It allows us to produce a very accurate statement of giving for tax purposes and allows us to produce these statements in a very short time.

Pros

The software offers the user the ability to record data in an accurate way and therefore, produce an accurate report. Moving from an Excel spreadsheet method, this allows a more accurate product and allows for a multitude of reports in many formats.

Cons

If I were to chose a negative, I suppose it would be the learning curve. While there are many resources offered by the support staff, it takes a good bit of time to really appreciate the many functions offered by the program.

Church Windows Review

Overall, not a bad experience and the wonderful customer service/support really makes up for other inefficiencies. 3.5 out of 5 stars overall.

Pros

I love that support is always prompt and responsive. Any time there is an issue, they are willing to help as quick as they can and they are always very kind and informative. I like that only one user may be logged in at a time to prevent duplicate or missing information. That is smart and helpful in our Presbytery! I love the tax reporting feature in the Payroll Module. It is easy and efficient!

Cons

I do not like how slow the software is, especially now that we access it through remote desktop. All the screens are slower and printing is excruciatingly slow. I wish you didn't have to hit the print button so many times on so many different screens before your report or confirmation actually prints. I feel like the software is difficult to learn. You guys do a great job making webinars and help materials available, which is great. But unless someone is trained on how to do things, I don't feel like the software is very intuitive or user friendly. I don't feel like an average AR/AP person could navigate through the system and figure things out without guidance/training.

Bobbie, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

CW Review 11/13/18

The best part is the payroll and the taxes. We originally were using QuickBooks and trying to "tweek" it to work. CW takes a lot of the guessing and headache out of the payroll differences in a church setting.

Pros

To be honest, the customer support. From the moment someone answers the phone until someone calls you back, the professionalism and friendliness is unmatched. I always feel like I am calling a friend who is knowledgeable about the software. At first I struggled to comprehend some of the aspects of the software because I do not come from an accounting background. It did take me some time to feel comfortable with what I was doing but once I was I no longer had fear that I would "screw" something up.

Cons

I wish some of the techs would tone down the accounting terminology when trying to explain things to me. Like I said I didn't come from an accounting background so the lingo was somewhat foreign and I felt lost when they would explain things to me. The software seems to be continuously updated which if I had the time to explore some of the new upgrades I believe I would be able to utilize them. Not sure if you have this or not, but a video explaining some of the new features that accompany an update would be nice.

Joann, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows

Most folk who work or serve as lay leaders in a church have an clear understanding of the business end of things. Because Church Windows software is specifically tailored for churches, it enables me to report information in a manner that is easily understood over a broad spectrum of skill levels. They offer tutorials for all their modules and their customer service is second to none. Its a very rare thing to not receive a call back the same day I place a support call. Their staff are courteous, knowledgeable, and well trained. Over the last 19 years I have recommended Church Windows many, many times and will continue to do so in the future!

Pros

I've been using Church Windows since 1999. I currently use the Membership, Contribution and Accounting modules. They've come a long in the last 19 years and they are constantly upgrading their software as the market demands. Over the years they continue to solicit, and implement, suggestions from their customers. It's one thing to sell a product, but its another thing entirely to keep folks satisfied with your product for almost 20 years!

Cons

Probably the reports features, but that is mostly due to my reluctance to try creating custom-made reports. Its one of those things that you get out of it what you put into it - so no fault to Church Windows, just me.

Rebecca, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

I love CW!

I love the software. It is much better than what I use at my "regular" job. The help is amazing and its so convenient to have everything under one program. Our Church Council has wanted to stop using it multiple times, but I have been here 22 years and always say Im leaving if I can't use it :) LOL

Pros

The software is fairly easy to navigate and work with. I've been using it for over 20 years and I appreciate that the updates are typically subtle and don't take me by surprise. I do all of the accounting for a church, so I use most aspects of the software, including Payroll. I am SO grateful for the amazing techs that all call me back in a timely manner and have always been able to guide me through any issue I'm having. I would rate the Customer Service as the biggest Pro!

Cons

Some aspects can be hard to navigate. "Normal" people have a difficult time reading the financial reports and we have to convert some into Excel for them to follow. Im not crazy about the Contributions module, It can be difficult to pair family members and the statement generating feature is a bit slow and can be difficult to interpret. I wish I could change some membership aspects directly in the Contributions module.

Gail, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows