Church Windows Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.26/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Later, we added the Donation module and this was the greatest asset for the software. First in importance was the accuracy of the entry and the availability of almost instant reports.
I love that this program is very user friendly. Coming from an accounting background I appreciate the similarities.
I would rate it very well. Adequate support makes all the difference in helping to apply a good experience in working with any kind of software uses.
When trying to correct mistakes or errors it can sometimes be tricky to do. I think this software requires more training than one would expect.
The scheduler program is used by our church, but must be handled separately from all our other calendars due to lack of integration with other programs.
If I were to chose a negative, I suppose it would be the learning curve.

Church Windows users...

ACS-logocaret

ACS

Microsoft Excel-logocaret

Microsoft Excel

Microsoft 365-logocaret

Microsoft 365

How would you rate Church Windows?

Steven D.

Pastor

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Great church management software

Transcript

Steven D: I'm Steven, I'm a pastor in the religious industry, and I rate Church Windows a four out of...

Excellent Membership module

Transcript

Eric: Hi, my name is Eric. I'm a pastor of a church and I give Church Windows a four out of five. And...

Would recommend

Church Windows is a very east product to use. It really meets the needs of the church, has easy payroll functions with all the tax reporting forms needed and data entry is plain and simple. The church has been pleased with the product as well as the customer service response. Responses have been timely and the individuals extremely knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Pros

Church Windows Software meets our needs. We are a congregation of 500 baptized members. The ease of data entry in Donations and Accounting modules is especially nice. Reporting features over the years have been greatly improved and are user friendly. The ability to add data elements in membership is extremely beneficial for tracking and reporting information.

Cons

Overall, I can't give a "con" about the software. Perhaps something to note is not a con of the software but is my inexperience in designing a report. The feature is in the software but it seems cumbersome to me when I want to make a new report.

Great for Accounting & Payroll

The people who help with questions/problems have been wonderful. I truly appreciate their timeliness and succinct answers to my questions.

Pros

This software has helped us tremendously with the day to day accounting at the church. I love that the Payroll module fits seamlessly with the Accounting Module. No more multiple spreadsheets to do end of month financial reporting. Church Windows has all the information in one place. Payroll taxes are a breeze as well as the report in Payroll lets you know how much to pay and the funds in Accounting are automatically populated to draw from.

Cons

We no longer use Church Windows as our database for people, as it is not the type of software that all of the congregation can use. We use Church Community Builder for people, donations & scheduling. I insisted we keep Church Windows for Income & Expenses as it handles those so well, especially for someone who isn't an accountant.

Karen, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows Software

Church windows make budgeting very easy, and when it comes to setting budget for the new year, all it takes is a few keystrokes and you can easily set a budget for the coming year based off of the spending and income from the previous year.

Pros

Church windows software is an all inclusive financial program for churches of any denomination. I found it very easy to use. Reports for finance meetings are easy to print and I can really define the reports for the different departments in the church. For example is the missions committee wants to know how much money is available I can simply key in that department number and pull up for the present year or years past how much is available and how much is spent. Very user friendly.

Cons

I'm not sure if there is anything that I don't like about it. Perhaps the cost maybe. Especially for smaller churches that could benefit from this awesome program but are unable to afford the cost.

Sharon, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Good product. Great customer service.

Pros

Church Windows is easy to use and easy to learn. But the thing that sells me on the product is their customer service. It is exceptional. You call their number, give them your code, tell them your issue, and then an expert gives you a call back. No need to wait on hold for someone to answer...ever. Usually within 30 minutes they are calling you right back and able to help with your issue. There are a lot of different options out there, but Church Windows customer service has to be at the top and gives us reason to continue using this product.

Cons

We have an older version and don't necessarily plan on updating for the time being. With that said, the version we do have is outdated. It only runs on a PC, which that requires us to have Parallels and a Windows desktop. This is a headache for me as it takes over 35 gigs of space on my MacBook. That's basically my only complaint!

Brett, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

We care

We are able to track attendance, giving, membership, visitors, family info and changes, etc. All of our financial information can be entered, tracked, etc. from this program. We also have the payroll package and we are able to whatever we need from there as well. There are more functions with the program that we do not use such as dashboard, bulk mail options, etc. Church Windows truly has everything you need .

Pros

It has everything we need in one place. We have researched other software packages in the past and there is usually something missing that we need. Church Windows has everything and has great customer service in the event you cannot find something or something is not working right.

Cons

This software is not as user friendly as others and creating reports can be confusing at times. Creating a report - the more you use it the easier it is to understand but definitely not user friendly. The pros do outweigh the cons so overall still the best option for us.

Tammye, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Options are Key with Church Windows

As we continue to be paperless, having reports that can be generated and shared through email directly through Church Windows is a great time saver.

Pros

The best feature about Church Windows is it's many options. There are separate modules for Membership, Donations and Accounting, also Payroll. Yet they all talk to one another, so there is no need for double entries. It is a huge timesaver and allows for reports that span more than one module.

Cons

Having more than one module can open up the possibility for issues when sharing information, and occasionally that happens. But I have always been pleasantly surprised with Church Windows in their ability to get patches out to fix any little issues that arise, often before it has even been an issue for our organization. I can honestly say that when you do have to call in with an issue, they have the best customer service I have ever experienced.

Valerie, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

My review of Church Windows

Pros

Our church has been using Church Windows for nearly 20 years to manage our church membership. There is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get it, the program is easy to use. The webinars are very useful to help you learn various parts of the program. The support team is prompt in getting back to you about a question or a problem. The techs listen to feedback and keep the program updated and iron out the wrinkles. Although we don't use all of the modules, we have found Church Windows to be versatile and suits our needs.

Cons

It is a little hard to get used to when you first start out. Because I have been using Church Windows for so long, I have seen many changes over the years. Some of the upgrades have eliminated a few of the features I liked about the program, so some things are actually harder to do than they used to be.

Sue, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Excellent Software

Church Windows provides us with great accountability. Not only does it manage our accounting, but it provides us with clear and understandable accountability as to the churches' handling of the finances. Some other financial software is very difficult to understand and the reports require some accounting knowledge to read and understand. With Church Windows, everyone on our board and anyone who we desire to be accountable to can easily read and understand the reports generated by the software without any accounting knowledge at all. This is key to good financial stewardship.

Pros

This software is very functional. Then various modules work together so the same data does not have to be entered multiple times. It is also easy to use and provides great reporting for board meetings and other financial reviews.

Cons

Probably the icons. They are rather cartoonish and not real professional in appearance, although, that is common in the software industry today.

David, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Overall Happy client

We really like the program. It helps us with membership options, stewardship mailings, label printing for holiday mailings. Very helpful with financials, donations, paying bills etc. Everyone can log into the server from home and do their perspective tasks and still maintain security . Customer services is great too for those challenging moments!

Pros

It stores the data very efficiently and it's easy to look up members etc. to find the data. There are many options for clustering members into groups, many options for directories and reports and basically touches on any aspect you might need. Awesome when sending e-mails in a mass- mailing to a specific group or just everyone! The Webinars are very helpful

Cons

Difficulty in setting up the directory print options-- it seems like programing and It can be frustrating finding the right template or just plain setting one up. Too many updates..

Donna, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Needs Regular Cleaning

When it works, it works well, but woe to the person who has a problem. You may or may not get it solved.

Pros

1. The comprehensive nature of the software. 2. The number of ways one can get information from the databases 3. The way it meshes with our denominations annual reporting 4. The ease of adding information and changing things that need to be changed 5. The updates that have made the software more useful over time.

Cons

1. It simply takes too long to load and boot 2. When it is loading and booting it takes over one's whole computer and one cannot do anything else. 3. Tech support is reticent to help out 4. Tech support is slow, sometimes very slow, in getting back to its customers. 5. It is cumbersome to work with and sometimes inflexible in correcting financial information 6. It won't let us post things to the previous year after it is closed out.

Wendell, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

My View

It is still a good program for accounting, payroll and donations(still working on this one).

Pros

Software for the most part is pretty good. I have used the old version and now the newest version so I'm still learning. It was a smooth transition but there are clearly more steps involved to do some of the same things you could do in the older version much quicker and smoother.

Cons

It would have to be the time it takes to do the simplest things like printing the reports. You have to go through several key strokes before you can print. This is just a small sample of what I don't like. The other thing is our church has had to go outside of church windows to come up with different ways of taking care of our membership. The membership module doesn't seem to reach out to the up and coming church and its communication with its congregation.

Using Church Windows you need to study the webinars and wookbooks!

I use Church Windows everyday, because I work for a United Methodist Church and it is required, but I don't have any real complaints. It is a very good database for members, visitors, payroll and running giving statements, etc.

Pros

It is basically a good database that is steadily improving as new abilities are added. Mail merging running list all of this is very easy. Also the Payroll software is easy and complete. A first timer can use it. You put the information in and update your information as needed. Church Windows data can be converted and used in Word, Excel even Outlook so it is very usable. Also I use it in WordPerfect which my pastor prefers.

Cons

You are forced to use the default programs but you can save your own version under a different name. The printing program can be a problem so you have to be careful what computer program with printer that you use.

Church Windows Software for Small-Mid Size Church

As mentioned above, the software has been meeting our needs - but we're not totally sold on it. For the cost of the software, we're having to make this work for the next few years at least. Honestly, at this point I don't feel I could readily recommend this software to another church.

Pros

We use the Accounting, Donations and Membership modules mostly. While we don't use the software to its fullest potential, it meets our needs. I can say the software opens well and pulls up our data consistently.

Cons

It is not super user friendly at all. There are wayyyyy too many cumbersome steps to do simple tasks - and wayyyyyy too many tabs to figure out what you need accomplish a task. Three members of our finance team (including myself) have had to call Customer Support numerous times over the past 2 years to try to get issues resolved. The support cost is overpriced - even if you get the "cheaper support" where someone has to call you back before you can speak to someone. That's pretty ridiculous. I'm the office administrator, and I've had to have our professional IT rep call customer support to figure out an update issue. Even our IT rep was frustrated with the "help" that the Church Windows support personnel were giving.

Donna, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows is a Great Tool for Churches

I have had an overall positive experience with this software as well as the company. The customer support is outstanding. I highly recommend paying the annual fee for updates and support. Recently with a Windows update our Church Windows stopped working. I contacted customer support and a short time later I was on the phone with a tech who helped me to get everything up and running again.

Pros

Church Windows is very user friendly especially with the preset options. There are many report options to use for most reports churches will need. Entering information on parishioners is very easy, especially with the latest update. There are so many options for information to include in the database that it is easy to customize with the needs of your ministry in mind.

Cons

Developing new templates for forms takes a bit of time to set up, but then you have your form laid out exactly as you need it.

Debbie, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows is great!

We have been able to combine the secretary and treasurer positions in our church, which has netting a savings of several thousand dollars.

Pros

It is very user friendly. We have had the membership and donations modules for about 9 years and added the accounting and payroll modules within the last 2 years. Within that time period, our treasurer decided to retire. The church combined the administrative assistant roll and the treasurer roll - in part due to the fact that the Church Windows system gives us all that we need. The support staff is very helpful which has been a blessing going from Quick Books to the Church Windows system. I also really like the 20 minute education sessions. It really helps.

Cons

There really isn't anything that we don't like. We've streamlined our reports from 10 pages to 4 or 5.

Linda, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows Software is a Great Value!

I have had a very positive experience with this software and the developer. I have used similar software in the past, but I prefer this software overall.

Pros

The basic functions are fairly easy to use. You can learn as you go without any major issues. They offer "coffee break" sessions monthly on more advanced uses of the software. Their customer support is outstanding. They respond fairly quickly when a request for help is made. The end of the year is their busiest time for support, but they will let you know how long it will be before a tech will be able to assist you.

Cons

In our busy office it is hard for me to keep up on the updates. If the latest update is not available on the main part of the website, they will create a link for me to go to the update that I need to catch up on all the updates.

Debbie, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Fits our needs

There are many benefits to utilizing all the reports have to offer for multi-purposes.... but the user must maintain the database to get the most benefit. Every staff person I have encountered has always been kind, pleasant, knowledgable and helpful.

Pros

the many fields holding specific information on individuals that are very useful when extracting data for specific purposes... thus the reports are very beneficial in helping me help the pastor and various committees.

Cons

some quirks have not been fixed/upgraded... specifically one is annoying because it goes against the usual filing system also, i rarely use the email feature within reports because 9x out of 10, the send report log would show many not delivered due to error.

Regina Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. We might have some recommendations that might help ensure the emails are all send successfully. Please call us if you have questions. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows review

They have excellent customer service. It has about everything you need for a church all in one program. They also have webinars going over functions of the program on line that you can watch.

Pros

Very thorough. Offer all branches needed; Membership, finances, attendance, events, calendars, etc.

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't have a physical User Manual. It's all on their web-site, but sometimes it's easier for me to have it on paper in front of me to refer to. This program is so thorough that sometimes it's not very user friendly. Kind of complicated. They are very good to help you over the phone, but they are so busy, you often have to wait for someone to call you back when you need help.

Debbie, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Be sure to use the Help files in Church Windows by hitting the F1 key on any screen, to open the Help files on that topic. The Help files can also be printed. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows Review

It was most important to us to find a software that linked Contributions to Accounting; Church Windows does that seamlessly. The other modules that are offered are a bonus! Church Windows offers the best accounting program that is geared specifically toward churches.

Pros

There are actually many things to like about this software: the transparency that each transaction creates, the numerous reports and groups that can be generated, the helpful webinars and the online support center.

Cons

Church Windows is a "true accounting" software. If a person does not have a more-than-basic knowledge of accounting, the set up and use of the software is definitely a challenge. Thankfully, the support team is ready to answer any question. It would be helpful if the software offered a "test of transaction" option for audit purposes.

Great Program for Business and Reporting

Great experience and love using the VOS Cloud version so we do not have to worry about loading updates and insuring our information is backed up. It is great tool with the reporting and easy to train new people to assist.

Pros

The way it integrates our attendance membership entries with the giving and then to the accounting. It is seamless and easy to train new people to do entries and print reports. The windows base allows a great deal of flexibility when working in one area donations and needed to verify someone in membership or check account in accounting. Also set up of attendance reports is easy and manageable.

Cons

Never had many issues with the software other than occasionally setting up new reports occasionally take a little time to get what I am actually needing by adding or eliminating filters.

June, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

FPC Willoughby

I like having ALL the modules which allows me to accomplish management of the church in all areas, and I only have to keep one database updated.

Pros

Since I have been working with CW for about 14 years now, I'm comfortable with it, and I know where to find things pretty quickly. It makes sense to me.

Cons

Some of the recent changes in formatting of the modules has presented lots of challenges after being used to where things were before. It feels very cumbersome, and since I'm usually trying to get things done as quickly as possible, because of everything else I do, having to stop and figure new things out is not pleasant. I just don't have the time to spend going through all the menus and possibilities. Many times I have to just call support and have them help me create what I need at the moment!

Gail, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Mixed review...mostly good

I am able to give our Stewardship committee good information about pledges and payments of those pledges.

Pros

It keeps track of the important information of our membership. It is easy to access.

Cons

The report function is moderately difficult. You have to really think about all the criteria that affect what you want to know to get good reports out of the data. Some of the newer changes (making someone inactive) don't work well with our old data. Quite often I am searching for who died in the last year and it is different than it used to be to get the reports. Also, I haven't had time to redo my giving statement since the latest changes to donations. The quarterly info "appeared" and I didn't really want it and can't get it off, and don't have the time, yet to redo my statement. The generic one is ok.

Beverly, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows review

Overall it's good. The folks at the Help Desk are so patient and kind.

Pros

It is tailored to the needs of a church. Between the Donations, Membership and Accounting they all work together. Even if you have more than one person working the different modules, they can "talk" to each other.

Cons

I can understand the numbering system of the Accounting, but sometimes it's hard for church members, like the committee heads to understand it. I will sometimes get a request to pay a bill from a 4.xx.xx.xx account. I have had a few issues come up where I had a hard time finding information on the Help area. Recently I couldn't locate how to void a check from last year that was not to be re-issued. (I had keep a screenshot of that issue from another time I needed to know it and found it on my computer.)

Taffy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows Review

Pros

Mostly, it is ok to use. See cons. It is fund accounting oriented. The reports are good.

Cons

I dislike in a big way, the way financials are down loaded in Excel. Way too many columns and lines. Too many merged cells. This has been a huge thing with me. Way too much work to make changes and in my case a presentable statement to my trustees. Quick Books down loads statements without all that merging and lines. I find the paying of bills somewhat confusing. There are times it will not let me go back to add a description or something I may have missed. I don't find it user friendly in this regard. I get bills to pay that I thought were paid. It just doesn't seem to beas easy as it should. The system does not let me back up to a previous screen to make a changes.

Vern, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

New Employee - no one on site to give training

The software definitely needs to be learned via classes, videos. It is not a user friendly teach yourself as you go along, But it is packed with things that can be done.

Pros

I like how it is broken down into categories, ie; payroll, members, pay bills, bank reconciliation. I can go directly to the area I need to work on. I really appreciate the monthly classes you can sign up for. This is how I was able to train myself on the Church Window software. And now that there are video classes I can go to them at my convenience and need.

Cons

When trying to run members reports I do not like how you need to select a item, then put 'and / 'or' and go select another item. It is a bit confusing and tedious for me. Setting up the layout of statements has been challenging for me.

Mary, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support