POINT Logo

POINT

The easiest way to manage, engage, and mobilize volunteers.

POINT Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.23/10

Reviews by rating

My volunteers love that they can see what events coming up, without having to email me. I love how easy it is check volunteers in and set up events.
I love how volunteers can join our organization and get notified of when we post events. I like the ease of the system and the new calendar view for events is amazing.
POINT has been so eager to help our school get started and be successful. They are quick to offer tips and quick to implement any suggestions we might have.
On occasion, the activity reporting does not load properly, and the numbers or graphs are off. For example, sometimes the graphs show volunteer activity on the wrong day.
Nothing stands out as a big miss with their offering. They are continuously offering new features that weren't even on my mind as something I needed.
E.: Jane Doe worked 7 hours in Crisis and 7 hours in Outreach - we should be able to see that, instead of 14 hours total in the spreadsheet.

Lindsay B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Point App Volunteer Software - Great for our small org!

Point App has helped our food pantry - a laborious endeavor that relies heavily on volunteers - connect with a wider, more diverse group of volunteers from all over the city!

Pros

Point app is easy to use, free and relatively intuitive. Best customer support I have ever received from a software in my career - Stephanie is responsive and helpful always. We haven't actually embedded the software onto our website yet, but are looking into doing so. It feels great to know that feature already exists in Point app for us, when we're ready! The app is a really great "all in one" volunteer management platform.

Cons

The only feature missing from Point app in my opinion is the ability to publish the same volunteer event for multiple days at once time. Our org's volunteer shifts are the same hours every day, 5 days a week. It feels like there should be a way for me to post said shift for every weekday in a month with the click of a button, some sort of recurring shift, rather than having to create the volunteer event from a template for each day one by one. That is literally my ONLY complaint about the software - everything else is great!

TB

Tiffani B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

POINT is a life changer for non-profits!

POINT has been a life changer in terms of keeping track of my volunteers' hours. I can do so much with POINT that we have not been able to do as efficiently before.

Pros

-POINT is accessible on both a downloadable app as well as in a browser, making it accessible to volunteers at all different levels of tech knowledge. -POINT has awesome giving features, such as the ability to add an Amazon wishlist. It also encourages volunteers to donate. -POINT keeps track of volunteer hours according to event and/or program. It allows volunteers to manually input hours, as well...

Cons

-I would love to see an addition in the future to allow the capability to see the breakdown of programs for each volunteer when exporting the data. i.e.: Jane Doe worked 7 hours in Crisis and 7 hours in Outreach - we should be able to see that, instead of 14 hours total in the spreadsheet.

SC

SaraJayne C.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Easy to use tool

Still relatively new for me but I do like how the app is quick and easy to use.

Pros

The app makes it quick and easy to add volunteer hours.

Cons

I would like to see the app account for volunteer hours outside of events. As a board member there are many other tasks I work on the aren’t attached to a specific event.

SQ

Susan Q.

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Use POINT to kick start your volunteer mobilization efforts

The best thing about POINT is the one-on-one personal support that I have had every step of the way. Don't be afraid to reach out to them. They will help you. I have gotten help on weekends and evenings from them even. And all of it for free because we are a non-profit.

Pros

Setting up events for your volunteers to staff is super simple and takes all the work out of event planning. Communicating details about the events are available now 24/7 to our volunteers so they always have the information at their fingertips. Nothing gets lost in email. You don't have to call anybody to get them to volunteer.

Cons

A lot of our volunteers are retired folks who are less eager to learn new technology than younger folks. They will learn it, it's just less appealing to them initially. Stick with it though, because your younger volunteers will really appreciate the convenience of POINT.

SW

Shawn W.

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

POINT - Highly Recommended for Nonprofits

I am highly satisfied with POINT and it's offerings. I highly recommend this software to other organizations.

Pros

The software is user-friendly for volunteers and administrators. When our volunteer program was being created, we were able to implement POINT seamlessly. POINT staff are helpful, professional, and responsive.

BK

Brooke K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

POINT is exactly what I was searching for in a Volunteer Management Platform!

Pros

POINT is such a sleek and easy to use platform. It doesn't have ads cluttering the pages like other free software. It also has many different features that allows me to be flexible in how I'm setting up my volunteer opportunities. I had a very specific need I was struggling to find in a platform and POINT was the only one I came across that fulfilled this need. I would definitely recommend POINT to other Volunteer Managers.

Cons

I have yet to come across a feature that I need that POINT doesn't have.

JA

Jason A.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Point- Great for non-profits

Pros

We use Point to recruit volunteers for our upcoming events, such as fundraising events, tabling/community events, and more. Point is always effective at promoting our events to new categories of people that we otherwise would not have been able to reach. Their interface is extremely easy to use on our end, and very straightforward for users as well. The clean design makes volunteering a snap. We couldn't be happier with Point.

Cons

Honestly, there are no cons to the PointApp that jump out to me. When first using the app, the volunteers skewed very young- almost all high school students. Over time though, this has been rectified and we have a wide range of ages for volunteers- great work expanding.

GS

Gabrielle S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Amazingly Satisfied

Great so far

Pros

- Customer Service is excellent - FAQ is super helpful - User-friendly for both Admins and Volunteers - All functions related to volunteer management and engagement are met using POINT

Cons

I haven't stumbled on any cons. POINT is meeting my needs.

JM

Jetti M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Thanks to Point for being our volunteer recruiting and event scheduling site!

We have been able to serve families through the daily support of volunteers who volunteer through Point.

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate and schedule volunteer shifts for our All People's Fresh Market. The team at Point is good at developing new and useful tools that I did not think I needed on the site to serve my program better. They listen to suggestion on what works for us better. They work hard to resolve any issues that come up. I like that some people who were not aware of volunteer opportunities at the our market have come to volunteer through coming across Point. I also how easy it is to email volunteers of updates about the market and new available volunteer shifts.

Cons

It would be great to use the 'Groups' function to schedule volunteer groups that come to volunteer with us, but I can only use this function if volunteers are already signed up on Point. It would be nice to include non Point members who would are in volunteer groups on Point without having to sign them up through the app.

KR

Kelsey R.

POINT Review

I have had a wonderful experience with POINT. The customer service is outstanding. I did so much research on which volunteer management platform would be the best for us and without a doubt, POINT has been perfect! It is simple to use, organized, and very engaging.

Pros

I think my favorite thing about POINT is its simplicity and functionality. My organization works with people of all ages. Therefore, having easy-to-use software was one of our non-negotiables.

Cons

I don't believe there is anything I do not like about POINT. There are constant updates happening that seem to be meeting the demands of my company.

Autumn R.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

User friendly volunteer sign-up app.

It has been good. We have used several volunteer sign-up sites in the past and i feel this is the easiest one for myself and the majority of my volunteers to navigate. The customer service is the best part. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is awesome!

Pros

The customer service is THE BEST! Any issues they get back promptly to remedy the situation. In my field we handle many different levels of volunteers technology knowledge. So it's good to direct their questions to someone who can help them. This app is pretty user friendly where it's easy to put events up.

Cons

So I have been with them since the baby years. There have been many growing pains that they usually fix fairly quickly. There is one though that confuses my volunteers. At first you could see all our events on the app immediately. THEN... 2 different buttons to "view all" appeared. One takes you to "suggested events" and the other takes you to all your actual organization events. This has been confusing to my volunteers where they cant find events. I wish all our events just popped up like they did initially.

AM

Amy M.

On Point!

Pros

I find the Point software extremely easy to use and manage. As many of our events are the same month to month, I like that I can copy an event and simply change the date and time for the next month. I also like that at a glance, you can easily see the total number of volunteer hours and the dollar impact of those hours. The software has made the task of organizing volunteers extremely efficient and minimizes the amount of time I spend on creating events and seeking volunteers. Our organization also partners with two other non-profits for volunteers, and the feature to co-host an event together has helped us streamline the process of sharing volunteer information.

Cons

There are just a few minor issues I have with the software. When I manage past events, I would prefer to have the dates listed to start with the most recent date (reverse of how it is listed now). In addition, when you back out of a past event, it takes you back to the top of the list. I would rather it just take me back to the section of the list that I was currently in. Also, when you click on event activity, there are times the hours listed do not match the actual hours in the event. I think it has something to do with "dismissing a volunteer", but I am not entirely sure.

MC

Morgan C.

Volunteer Management Site

I love Point. I love how quickly customer service responds and how they are able to resolve issues in a timely manner. My volunteers love that they can see what events coming up, without having to email me. I love how easy it is check volunteers in and set up events!

Pros

I really loved how easy it was to integrate this software with my website. Now volunteers have constant access to what events we have going on!

Cons

I think that when you input managed volunteers, it should not be required to input their gender identity or birthday. Sometimes I don't know this information when I'm inputting managed volunteers; I'm just keeping a record of who is coming to events for my organization. I feel like this information makes my report look weird afterwards and I think this should change!

JH

Jonathan H.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

POINT Used to Track and Sign Up Ushers for Theatre Company

Overall we have found our experience with POINT very favorable. It eliminates our need to send reminders and is super easy in tracking volunteer hours, which is great when writing grants. We also like that we get notifications when people sign up or drop out.

Pros

This volunteer platform is really great at tracking and signing up volunteers to usher as well as other opportunities around our theatre company.

Cons

Although we find it easy to use, there are some older volunteers that have difficulty and/or reluctance in using technology. Once they are registered and navigate around POINT, they tend to figure it out. The good news is we can still sign up folks on our end if they are really struggling.

CP

Celeste P.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

POINT is GREAT for Nonprofits!

POINT has connected my organization to so many new volunteers.

Pros

POINT is user-friendly for administration and volunteer users. Their customer service is fast, friendly, and is always working to make POINT reflect user feedback. Volunteers love the convince of signing up for events and shifts, and as an admin, it is easy to track volunteer data collected by POINT.I've used POINT as an admin for 2 years now, and I cannot recommend a better, more cost-effective volunteer software.

Cons

The only area I'd like to see an improvement is volunteer communications. It'd be great to have a way to directly message volunteers through the app.

JG

Jess G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

POINT has been a lifesaver

Pros

POINT has helped me efficiently schedule and manage volunteers for fresh market. The app allows our volunteers to see when we need the most help and then sign up for those shifts easily. Before I used POINT, volunteers would email me to schedule shifts which became an unmanageable practice when the number of volunteers we needed tripled at the start of the pandemic. I am so thankful for POINT and recommend it to any nonprofit volunteer coordinator.

Cons

The POINT app already has all the features I need for my role.

Kellie G.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Love POINT!

POINT has been so eager to help our school get started and be successful! They are quick to offer tips and quick to implement any suggestions we might have.

Pros

I love that I can reach out and offer service opps to my students within minutes! Students love the easy access to local service hours.

Cons

I wish I could edit an event after it has started. Sometimes it is nice to add students during or after the event if they forget to sign up.

TN

Taylor N.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Would recommend for smaller nonprofits.

It has definitely saved me time when it comes to managing our volunteers. It's very intuitive and easy to use on both the user and admin side. Very streamlined experience from the app, to the website, to the embedded signups on our nonprofit website. Great experience so far!

Pros

I love that Point is free to use, and my volunteers have all said it is very easy to figure out. Customer support has been very helpful when I have a question or run into an issue. Can't wait to see it improve over time! I especially love being able to embed signups right into our website. It looks great and is very smooth. Frequency of email communication and reminders is great.

Cons

I wish I could set up automatic emails for first-time volunteers, instead of having to do it manually in my email software. With attachment capabilities. I also wish they could e-sign their onboarding forms on Point. Lastly, I wish I could see a calendar view of what shifts are happening this week/month, showing the percentage of spots filled, and who is scheduled for each day. This would be much more streamlined than having to go to each event to see who's on the shift. Ideally I could even screenshot/export the calendar for my program staff who work directly with the volunteers.

AD

Amanda D.

SCG Point Review

Pros

Cons

I wish that more of the management buttons were more accessible, such as toggling between admin and volunteer view, changing the calendar view from month to week, and more options for editing volunteer hours after they have been submitted. I also wish that we could link google forms to the events for signign waivers and collecting post surveys.

JG

Jason G.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Thankful for POINT

I'm very thankful for this product. One of my responsibilities is managing my organization's outreach efforts. This product makes that very easy.

Pros

I find this entire product easy to use. Once one is used to it, it's quick and easy to initiate an event, invite volunteers, etc.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like. I haven't found a feature that is not easy to use or useful.

JF

Jurgita F.

Excelent app

Not only have we been able to keep all of our volunteer hours in one place, we've also gained a lot of new faces from our events being posted on the app. It's very user friendly and saves a lot of admin time.

Pros

We love that it's free for us to use, it's easy for the volunteers to use, and we've been able to reach more people at the same time as we manage our own events.

Cons

Maybe if admins would be able to manually add volunteer hours for those that do not have access to app or computer.

BS

Bettie S.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

A volunteer solution that works!

We tried Wordpress plugins and forms to manage volunteers, but they always fell short with the whole experience. POINT has given us a platform that works so we can focus on the people. The support team is very responsive and open to feedback to improve the product.

Pros

We loved the ease of importing and inviting our volunteers to get started with POINT. Once they became familiar with the mobile app, volunteers that support our monthly recurring event looked forward to the notifications! Volunteers are now submitting their hours completed at home which has been extremely useful to our reporting as well.

Cons

The admin user interface is clean and modern. The new menu is not the event list under "Volunteer" (which seems it should have it's own menu as "Events"). The default views in Manage Events are not the best fitting and tedious to change every time, but doesn't take away from the functionality of the views itself.

MC

Morrisa C.

Very helpful!

Wonderful! I appreciate working with an organization that cares about their clients. I always receive timely responses and its not just a generic response to anything I need.

Pros

POINT is easy to use, has some great features that has helped evolve our volunteer experience at our nonprofit.

Cons

Any issues I’ve had has been communicated with the POINT team.

JM

John M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Real volunteer management that allows us to focus on our literacy mission

Strong product. Regular innovation. Great support and service.

Pros

Volunteers like to use it to discover opportunities and to track their effort. The platform opens us to a fresh audience of eager volunteers. Regular innovations. Multiple admins. Notifications about sign-ups. Feature for emailing volunteers.

Cons

We look forward to tapping an expanded audience of volunteers as the application visibility grows, and enters more markets that match our national footprint.

KM

Kari M.

POINT review

I am grateful for the opportunity to coordinate and collaborate with our representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. She has been highly responsive and a great listener.

Pros

The ability to communicate with volunteers, recruit volunteers, manage volunteers and build out events in the application has been very helpful. There are a number of features that I feel are vital and lacking, however this has met our most basic needs and we look forward to future developments.

Cons

Some of my frustrations have been outlined in the previous set of questions in the rating section. I would be more than happy to continue working with our representative to help build out functions that are vital to nonprofit organizations to be able to manage our volunteers and events from end to end.