POINT Logo
POINT

The easiest way to manage, engage, and mobilize volunteers.

visit website

POINT Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.34/10

Reviews by rating

My volunteers love that they can see what events coming up, without having to email me. I love how easy it is check volunteers in and set up events.
I love how volunteers can join our organization and get notified of when we post events. I like the ease of the system and the new calendar view for events is amazing.
Nothing stands out as a big miss with their offering. They are continuously offering new features that weren't even on my mind as something I needed.
E.: Jane Doe worked 7 hours in Crisis and 7 hours in Outreach - we should be able to see that, instead of 14 hours total in the spreadsheet.

Lindsay B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Point App Volunteer Software - Great for our small org!

Point App has helped our food pantry - a laborious endeavor that relies heavily on volunteers - connect with a wider, more diverse group of volunteers from all over the city!

Pros

Point app is easy to use, free and relatively intuitive. Best customer support I have ever received from a software in my career - Stephanie is responsive and helpful always. We haven't actually embedded the software onto our website yet, but are looking into doing so. It feels great to know that feature already exists in Point app for us, when we're ready! The app is a really great "all in one" volunteer management platform.

Cons

The only feature missing from Point app in my opinion is the ability to publish the same volunteer event for multiple days at once time. Our org's volunteer shifts are the same hours every day, 5 days a week. It feels like there should be a way for me to post said shift for every weekday in a month with the click of a button, some sort of recurring shift, rather than having to create the volunteer event from a template for each day one by one. That is literally my ONLY complaint about the software - everything else is great!

TB

Tiffani B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

POINT is a life changer for non-profits!

POINT has been a life changer in terms of keeping track of my volunteers' hours. I can do so much with POINT that we have not been able to do as efficiently before.

Pros

-POINT is accessible on both a downloadable app as well as in a browser, making it accessible to volunteers at all different levels of tech knowledge. -POINT has awesome giving features, such as the ability to add an Amazon wishlist. It also encourages volunteers to donate. -POINT keeps track of volunteer hours according to event and/or program. It allows volunteers to manually input hours, as well...

Cons

-I would love to see an addition in the future to allow the capability to see the breakdown of programs for each volunteer when exporting the data. i.e.: Jane Doe worked 7 hours in Crisis and 7 hours in Outreach - we should be able to see that, instead of 14 hours total in the spreadsheet.

MC

Morgan C.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Volunteer Management Site

I love Point. I love how quickly customer service responds and how they are able to resolve issues in a timely manner. My volunteers love that they can see what events coming up, without having to email me. I love how easy it is check volunteers in and set up events!

Pros

I really loved how easy it was to integrate this software with my website. Now volunteers have constant access to what events we have going on!

Cons

I think that when you input managed volunteers, it should not be required to input their gender identity or birthday. Sometimes I don't know this information when I'm inputting managed volunteers; I'm just keeping a record of who is coming to events for my organization. I feel like this information makes my report look weird afterwards and I think this should change!

KM

Kari M.

POINT review

I am grateful for the opportunity to coordinate and collaborate with our representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. She has been highly responsive and a great listener.

Pros

The ability to communicate with volunteers, recruit volunteers, manage volunteers and build out events in the application has been very helpful. There are a number of features that I feel are vital and lacking, however this has met our most basic needs and we look forward to future developments.

Cons

Some of my frustrations have been outlined in the previous set of questions in the rating section. I would be more than happy to continue working with our representative to help build out functions that are vital to nonprofit organizations to be able to manage our volunteers and events from end to end.

Autumn R.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

User friendly volunteer sign-up app.

It has been good. We have used several volunteer sign-up sites in the past and i feel this is the easiest one for myself and the majority of my volunteers to navigate. The customer service is the best part. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is awesome!

Pros

The customer service is THE BEST! Any issues they get back promptly to remedy the situation. In my field we handle many different levels of volunteers technology knowledge. So it's good to direct their questions to someone who can help them. This app is pretty user friendly where it's easy to put events up.

Cons

So I have been with them since the baby years. There have been many growing pains that they usually fix fairly quickly. There is one though that confuses my volunteers. At first you could see all our events on the app immediately. THEN... 2 different buttons to "view all" appeared. One takes you to "suggested events" and the other takes you to all your actual organization events. This has been confusing to my volunteers where they cant find events. I wish all our events just popped up like they did initially.

SQ

Susan Q.

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Use POINT to kick start your volunteer mobilization efforts

The best thing about POINT is the one-on-one personal support that I have had every step of the way. Don't be afraid to reach out to them. They will help you. I have gotten help on weekends and evenings from them even. And all of it for free because we are a non-profit.

Pros

Setting up events for your volunteers to staff is super simple and takes all the work out of event planning. Communicating details about the events are available now 24/7 to our volunteers so they always have the information at their fingertips. Nothing gets lost in email. You don't have to call anybody to get them to volunteer.

Cons

A lot of our volunteers are retired folks who are less eager to learn new technology than younger folks. They will learn it, it's just less appealing to them initially. Stick with it though, because your younger volunteers will really appreciate the convenience of POINT.

BK

Brooke K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

POINT is exactly what I was searching for in a Volunteer Management Platform!

Pros

POINT is such a sleek and easy to use platform. It doesn't have ads cluttering the pages like other free software. It also has many different features that allows me to be flexible in how I'm setting up my volunteer opportunities. I had a very specific need I was struggling to find in a platform and POINT was the only one I came across that fulfilled this need. I would definitely recommend POINT to other Volunteer Managers.

Cons

I have yet to come across a feature that I need that POINT doesn't have.

JA

Jason A.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Point- Great for non-profits

Pros

We use Point to recruit volunteers for our upcoming events, such as fundraising events, tabling/community events, and more. Point is always effective at promoting our events to new categories of people that we otherwise would not have been able to reach. Their interface is extremely easy to use on our end, and very straightforward for users as well. The clean design makes volunteering a snap. We couldn't be happier with Point.

Cons

Honestly, there are no cons to the PointApp that jump out to me. When first using the app, the volunteers skewed very young- almost all high school students. Over time though, this has been rectified and we have a wide range of ages for volunteers- great work expanding.

BS

Bettie S.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

A volunteer solution that works!

We tried Wordpress plugins and forms to manage volunteers, but they always fell short with the whole experience. POINT has given us a platform that works so we can focus on the people. The support team is very responsive and open to feedback to improve the product.

Pros

We loved the ease of importing and inviting our volunteers to get started with POINT. Once they became familiar with the mobile app, volunteers that support our monthly recurring event looked forward to the notifications! Volunteers are now submitting their hours completed at home which has been extremely useful to our reporting as well.

Cons

The admin user interface is clean and modern. The new menu is not the event list under "Volunteer" (which seems it should have it's own menu as "Events"). The default views in Manage Events are not the best fitting and tedious to change every time, but doesn't take away from the functionality of the views itself.

MD

Mary D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] is the best.

We really like this app for our volunteers. It has really helped. We also like the one on one support that [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has provided.

Pros

The customer service has been stellar. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for helping us every step of the way.

Cons

Can’t add forms and wish there was a fillable signature for volunteer forms.

AM

Amy M.

On Point!

Pros

I find the Point software extremely easy to use and manage. As many of our events are the same month to month, I like that I can copy an event and simply change the date and time for the next month. I also like that at a glance, you can easily see the total number of volunteer hours and the dollar impact of those hours. The software has made the task of organizing volunteers extremely efficient and minimizes the amount of time I spend on creating events and seeking volunteers. Our organization also partners with two other non-profits for volunteers, and the feature to co-host an event together has helped us streamline the process of sharing volunteer information.

Cons

There are just a few minor issues I have with the software. When I manage past events, I would prefer to have the dates listed to start with the most recent date (reverse of how it is listed now). In addition, when you back out of a past event, it takes you back to the top of the list. I would rather it just take me back to the section of the list that I was currently in. Also, when you click on event activity, there are times the hours listed do not match the actual hours in the event. I think it has something to do with "dismissing a volunteer", but I am not entirely sure.

JH

Jonathan H.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

POINT Used to Track and Sign Up Ushers for Theatre Company

Overall we have found our experience with POINT very favorable. It eliminates our need to send reminders and is super easy in tracking volunteer hours, which is great when writing grants. We also like that we get notifications when people sign up or drop out.

Pros

This volunteer platform is really great at tracking and signing up volunteers to usher as well as other opportunities around our theatre company.

Cons

Although we find it easy to use, there are some older volunteers that have difficulty and/or reluctance in using technology. Once they are registered and navigate around POINT, they tend to figure it out. The good news is we can still sign up folks on our end if they are really struggling.

MC

Morrisa C.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Easy to use!

Pros

I really enjoy using POINT for all of our volunteer management. Being able to assign/reserve spots for volunteers is really important to me as some of my volunteers are older or not technologically savvy, or perhaps they do not have access to internet, computers or a phone. This allows me to be able to record their volunteer hours!

Cons

The set up process to get volunteers on POINT is kind of a pain. I wish it was easier and faster for people to be able to sign up. Requiring a photo, while important, I totally understand, is just really hard for a lot of my volunteers to do. Especially whenever the picture size is "too big" (This was an issue that happend about 3 months ago. May be something that has been resolved now)

JG

Jess G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

POINT has been a lifesaver

Pros

POINT has helped me efficiently schedule and manage volunteers for fresh market. The app allows our volunteers to see when we need the most help and then sign up for those shifts easily. Before I used POINT, volunteers would email me to schedule shifts which became an unmanageable practice when the number of volunteers we needed tripled at the start of the pandemic. I am so thankful for POINT and recommend it to any nonprofit volunteer coordinator.

Cons

The POINT app already has all the features I need for my role.

Kellie G.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Love POINT!

POINT has been so eager to help our school get started and be successful! They are quick to offer tips and quick to implement any suggestions we might have.

Pros

I love that I can reach out and offer service opps to my students within minutes! Students love the easy access to local service hours.

Cons

I wish I could edit an event after it has started. Sometimes it is nice to add students during or after the event if they forget to sign up.

TN

Taylor N.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Would recommend for smaller nonprofits.

It has definitely saved me time when it comes to managing our volunteers. It's very intuitive and easy to use on both the user and admin side. Very streamlined experience from the app, to the website, to the embedded signups on our nonprofit website. Great experience so far!

Pros

I love that Point is free to use, and my volunteers have all said it is very easy to figure out. Customer support has been very helpful when I have a question or run into an issue. Can't wait to see it improve over time! I especially love being able to embed signups right into our website. It looks great and is very smooth. Frequency of email communication and reminders is great.

Cons

I wish I could set up automatic emails for first-time volunteers, instead of having to do it manually in my email software. With attachment capabilities. I also wish they could e-sign their onboarding forms on Point. Lastly, I wish I could see a calendar view of what shifts are happening this week/month, showing the percentage of spots filled, and who is scheduled for each day. This would be much more streamlined than having to go to each event to see who's on the shift. Ideally I could even screenshot/export the calendar for my program staff who work directly with the volunteers.

AD

Amanda D.

SCG Point Review

Pros

Cons

I wish that more of the management buttons were more accessible, such as toggling between admin and volunteer view, changing the calendar view from month to week, and more options for editing volunteer hours after they have been submitted. I also wish that we could link google forms to the events for signign waivers and collecting post surveys.

JG

Jason G.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Thankful for POINT

I'm very thankful for this product. One of my responsibilities is managing my organization's outreach efforts. This product makes that very easy.

Pros

I find this entire product easy to use. Once one is used to it, it's quick and easy to initiate an event, invite volunteers, etc.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like. I haven't found a feature that is not easy to use or useful.

JF

Jurgita F.

Excelent app

Not only have we been able to keep all of our volunteer hours in one place, we've also gained a lot of new faces from our events being posted on the app. It's very user friendly and saves a lot of admin time.

Pros

We love that it's free for us to use, it's easy for the volunteers to use, and we've been able to reach more people at the same time as we manage our own events.

Cons

Maybe if admins would be able to manually add volunteer hours for those that do not have access to app or computer.

JM

John M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Real volunteer management that allows us to focus on our literacy mission

Strong product. Regular innovation. Great support and service.

Pros

Volunteers like to use it to discover opportunities and to track their effort. The platform opens us to a fresh audience of eager volunteers. Regular innovations. Multiple admins. Notifications about sign-ups. Feature for emailing volunteers.

Cons

We look forward to tapping an expanded audience of volunteers as the application visibility grows, and enters more markets that match our national footprint.

KD

Katie D.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great for website integration

Overall, this is a great product for connecting with our volunteer base and I love how easy it is to use.

Pros

I love being able to embed volunteer opportunities onto our website. That way, our website visitors do not need to log in to the POINT App in order to see what is available.

Cons

Maybe it was human error on my end and I deleted an email - I did not receive an email about a recent volunteer signup. Our volunteer opportunities are not frequent, so I don't have another example to compare it to. I will reach out to support if I have any other issues with receiving signup notifications. We also do not get a lot of volunteer signups so I hope that POINT is sending notifications to our contacts when we post new opportunities. We feel that we still need to do a lot of email outreach about volunteer opportunities ourselves.

JF

Jonathan F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

The only way to manage volunteer events!

Pros

POINT makes my volunteer management a breeze! From setting up events, sharing with current volunteers and using built in layouts to promote on our website, POINT has really been a game changer in how we handle volunteers for our events. Any time I have had a question I have been greeted with a prompt and thorough response from the team.

Cons

Nothing stands out as a big miss with their offering. They are continuously offering new features that weren't even on my mind as something I needed!

Emily C.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Connecting us to the community!

The POINT app has revolutionized the way we recruit and communicate with our volunteers. It has dramatically cut down on the back and forth emails and inquires because all the information is now in one place and easily accessible for our volunteers!

Pros

We no longer need multiple spreadsheets or calendars to organize our events and volunteers. It is easy to use for both the administrators and the users. It has helped us streamline our volunteer management while also improving the process for potential volunteers.

Cons

I'm eager to see how it will further connect with Kindful so we can track volunteer data and hours, send group correspondence more easily and track financial contributions from volunteers as well.

PR

Patrick R.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Outstanding Volunteer Management!

Like most nonprofits, there is limited capacity to do everything that needs to get done. POINT makes it super easy to manage and engage with volunteers - even with limited staff and time. It's easy to train volunteers on how to use POINT, and it's easy to train volunteers and staff on how to use POINT on the administrative side of things.

Pros

I especially like the integration with our donor management software because with one click, I can update our donor information and then have it ready for tracking and reporting. The integration with our website is also excellent. I love that our volunteers and potential volunteers have an intuitive and easy way to connect with our volunteer opportunities.

Cons

No cons - I'm happy with POINT. Some volunteers are technically challenged, but with a little coaching they can figure out POINT.

NC

Naveen C.

Computer Software, self-employed

Point review

a powerful product. Innovate regularly. Strong support and service.

Pros

Volunteers like to use it to discover opportunities and track their efforts. The platform attracted us to a group of eager volunteers. Innovate regularly. Multiple administrators. Notice about registration. The ability to send emails to volunteers.

Cons

As the visibility of the app increases, we look forward to attracting more volunteers and entering more markets commensurate with our national footprint