Administrator's Plus Reviews

Administrator's Plus

Cloud based student information management software

Review Summary

Pros

The effectiveness and easiness of finding student/teacher information quickly. Love how you can create any kind spreadsheets for practically everything.

Melissa F.

Kathy Z.

Read the full review
In addition to their spot on customer service, the folks at Rediker Software are very interested in making this application the best of its kind on the market.

Karen B.

Read the full review

Cons

Custom fields of any size require "SuperDB Tables" that have no easy interface to access and are severely confusing to the end users. Oh and if you use those tables, no alerting on them.

Sean F.

Read the full review
After 15 years, we're shelving Rediker and moving to a new SIS. The integration between systems has been rocky and unstable to say the least and we've had to rig and workaround every module.

Jeremy P.

Read the full review
Ugly, clumsy, unintuitive, extremely difficult to use.

Grant T.

4.1

Great way to house student data information

All data is in one place and easily accessible and reports needed are easy to gain and print once you understand the process to pull them up.

Pros

That we are able to transfer data easily and effectively yearly. Also gaining information for teachers and staff is easy and quick,

Cons

Sometimes when customer support is needed we have to be sent to various people to help us, not all support can help with certain issues.

One of the Best Integrated Options Available and at a Reasonable Price

Rediker is a family owned company and it shows, and in the most positive of ways. Some of these bigger companies may have more resources but also an incoherent strategy a lot of the time. Rediker seems to know who it is and where it wants to go, and now it's just a matter of executing, and I see them doing just that. I cannot stress how helpful Rediker was to us during Covid-19. They released the...

Pros

The software is solid and reliable once you learn it and its quirks (like all software has). Training and Support are outstanding at helping you. It covers all you need from a SIS, GradeBook, and Parent Portal, and has some billing, accounting, and fundraising options. The huge recent addition is integration between the GradeBook and Google Classroom, that really helped our school during Covid-19 as did their fantastic Support and other teams. We were very happy to renew our contract with Rediker this year, they are a solid company on the right path. And they have perhaps the most reasonable price point on the market.

Cons

They aren't fully web based end to end yet (as are many other companies in its space). Of course all the student, parent, and teacher experiences are web based or with an app. But the administrator has to remote into a Windows environment, which is really just a minor inconvenience all things considered, and they are working on the new web based Admin Plus. Also their fundraising partner could be much better.

Not as integrated as one would hope. Needs a redesign

Our school has been using Admin Plus, Teacher's Plus Gradebook, Plus Portals, and Forms for three years. The first impressions is that different modules have different look and feel. I believe that Rediker has developed software for years but hasn't taken the time to redesign some older modules to work with recent ones. Some newer modules (i.e Portals) work better than older ones. Some modules...

Cons

Joseph, thank you for your frank and incisive observations. User feedback has always been an essential driver behind Rediker Software¿s product development, service delivery model, and pricing options. You have clearly seen that our newest offerings represent significant strides forward. PlusPortals in particular demonstrates our commitment to providing the best possible software for schools, families...

Admin+ is the perfect database solution for our school. All-inclusive, easy to use & well supported

Everything in one place. Makes me more efficient and effective in my job. I use less paper and can do more work online. Allows my "clients", aka, students, parents & teachers, to be more independent.

Pros

The comprehensive nature of the software and ability to extract needed data quickly. It is fairly easy to use, for a database system. Customer support is top notch, always quick to respond and willing to assist. There are multiple modules associated with Admin+ and we use almost all of them. It is nice to have everything in one place without having to hop between software each time we need to run a bill, check attendance, run a transcript, change teachers class lists, etc. We appreciate the customer support the most!

Cons

Some limitations on data management and exports in terms of unique family dynamics. (i.e. split households) and between students & schedules. As an example, I cannot pull all emails of students taking AP classes into a spread sheet, I have to export names and search class lists by subject and update my name spread sheet.

Very good - we have had Admin Plus for 15 + years.

Pros

1. How flexible the software is for each user. You can customize any report, screens, etc. 2. The core support staff has remained fairly constant over the years and are very pleasant to work with. 3. While I have not been in a while, when I was a newer user I went to the training seminars - they were great. I especially found the evenings when there was time to sit with programmers very productive - I got lots of little things taken care of during those times.

Cons

1. How flexible the software is for each user! Often after updates some specs need to be "touched" for users. 2. While understandable, at the busy times of year is it hard to get through to support. 3. We are Cloud hosted, and some processes seem slow. 4. The Silverlight/HTML5 issue has been a strain. While much better now, we lost some trust with the teachers over this.

Generally good! And if I have trouble, tech support is fantastic.

integration with gradebook and portal; notify for easy calling/texting.emailing - one version of the truth!

Pros

Company is responsive to input and feedback. Generally easy to use. Meets needs of all the variety of constituents. integration with plusportals is great.

Cons

report writer coding is painful! - Sometimes it seems that the modules were written by different people as they don't "act" similarly. - Too many clicks to get to one thing. - printing reports when using weblink is difficult. Would like more training videos.

comprehensive, multiple features

Integrated scheduling and reporting

Pros

Excellent customer support for any type of problem, although wait times can be long. There are many features that can be used - report cards, transcripts, scheduling.

Cons

It can be so convoluted to use, not intuitive or user friendly. F-1, F-6 keys. For example, the system tells you that someone else is logged in as supervisor, even though what happened is the internet failed and the system dropped rather than being closed properly.

One of the best SIS systems that I have used.

Ease of use, track any type of data that we want, support that is responsive...

Pros

It allows you to track whatever data that you want. The initial set up is easy and it is easy to generate reports on just about any thing that you have data on.

Cons

The web version is sometimes slow - which we need to be able to access from any location. I am not sure if it is a location issue - but we are frequently disconnected to the service and have to log back in.

Rediker has the best customer support team that I have ever had to deal wth.

I like that all the data I need is in one place. I also like that Plus Portals enhances our use of admin Plus.

Pros

I like the new features and functionalities that have been added recently. I like that I can usually get all the data I need quickly.

Cons

I have worked with Admin Plus for 16 years. I have never found it to truly be "User Friendly." Customizing reports is still rather tedious and can get very frustrating.

Still a great product!

We have always been satisfied with Admin + and their services!

Pros

I have used this product for a number of years, and 10 years ago it was a superior product and it is still a superior product! Everything about Admin. + is wonderful!

Cons

You get what you pay for, if you are a small school, this is probably not for you and your school or school district.

Administrator's Plus

There is probably not enough space to write about how amazing Administrator's Plus (Admin Plus as its referred to at our school) is. Whether talking about all the features and components that Admin Plus has to the second to none tech support, Admin Plus holds a critical role in supporting the mission of our school. Having used Administrator's Plus since the "days of DOS" to the present utilizing...

Cons

It meets my needs and allows be to function efficiently.

I am able to track all my student and staff data and information. And then I'm able to extract data to be used for other parts of my job. So basically, this software allows me to function and do my job.

Pros

The Lookup feature and the Export to Excel feature -- and so of course, everything else between those that make my work very possible. i appreciate the big task that goes into creating an SIS; but that you are able to respond to our needs outside of the database such as exporting data is a boon.

Cons

That the Lookup cannot be used to enter data as one would Excel. I know, it's a future feature, maybe -- which goes to show that I've found little that I do not like about the software. There is the Schedule Builder which I really do not enjoy working on -- but then scheduling is a beast in itself -- so it's not necessarily the software per se. And then there is the Contacts Database -- that, I do not comprehend what you're aiming for in that one.

Admin Plus: More Awesome Than Time-Travel

Rediker is awesome. Moving to Admin Plus was one of the best decisions we ever made. Our old SIS was like using a broken abacus. In the mud. With your feet. Admin Plus is like having a DeLorean with a flux capacitor that goes 88 mph (Hoverboard sold separately). This is only our second year using the program but it has already vastly improved many areas of our work from report cards to registration...

Cons

Very accomodating support team that makes the chnges we neeed when we need them!

Having a centralied database with the capabilities of this program allws us the ability to have more fluid work flows and generate reports quickly.

Pros

My favorite part of the software is the portabilty when using the app. As an administrator, you need access to information when you are out in thebuidingor elsewhere on campus. Pair that portability with the multiple services offered and you have the total package for an LMS and databse combination. Very pleased with this program.

Cons

If there was a con for this software, I would say it is the inability to respond to parent generated emails from the plus portals side of tghe program. When they send it from the system, you cant reply directly. Very small gripe considering the communication benefit.

Great Student Information System

Easy enough survey software.

Pros

I love the ease of use. This is the third school that I implement the program for. I can track any item that I need to track without needing a program change. You can call support and receive assistance within a couple of minutes for any issues that you may have. It can handle simple schedules and more complex schedules with just a click of a button. The fact that this system was initially created by an educator makes it useful and purposeful.

Cons

We have some internet issues that slow and sometimes drop the program. In particular in the morning there can be issues with attendance. The network version was much quicker.

Outstanding! Great software that adapts to the constantly changing environment of schools.

I have used Administrator's Plus for five years at two different schools. Both of them are independent schools, which don't necessarily follow the norm. AP has almost everything you could ask for in a database built in, even when you don't follow the state standards. Need a custom schedule, no problem. Custom reports, not an issue. The training provided along with the purchase of Admin Plus is top...

Cons

Rediker Software is committed to schools and educators and has been for over 35 years. It is great to hear that our school management system has worked so well for you at multiple schools. We will continue to offer the best customer service, support and training in the industry, while constantly offering innovative products and solutions. Thank you and we hope you can join us again soon for another training workshop!

Easy to use. Customer support long wait times.

Easily accessible data that meets most needs of the support staff.

Pros

The program allows uses a wide variety of options from database, scheduling, admissions, etc. We find all material to be easily accessible.

Cons

We often find that there are too many ways to perform the same tasks, leading different users to have several ways of completing the same task. In addition, the software is excellent, however, we pay a great deal of money to use it and training costs are FAR TOO HIGH for us to be able to regularly send new office personnel to them. This leads to many, many calls to the support desk.

Comprehensive System, Easy to Navigate

Over and above the benefit of the general benefits of a student information system, the super database tables and the Excel Wizard allow me to store and analyze data that is valuable for our decision making process.

Pros

I like the tabs for different pages and modules that are set up for specific information and rights assigned to users. I also really like the Excel Wizard and the E-Mail features. Support is wonderful!!

Cons

I sometimes struggle with the necessary codes for writing reports and understanding when information is pulled from contacts and/or the database fields.

Disappointing...

First and foremost, Rediker is a piecemeal system that was obviously developed over the course of time without any sort of major revision to consolidate the numerous products into one cohesive system. At our school we currently use both their AdminPlus (which is terrible) and their PortalsPlus including gradebook (which is a decent system, if you didn't have to suffer through AdminPlus). The AdminPlus...

Cons

Joseph, Thank you for sharing your feedback about our system. Our portals and web gradebook are newer products that show our commitment to providing the best software for schools, families and communities. We are currently hard at work on the next generation of AdminPlus. It will combine all the great features that deliver real-world results for schools with a new and improved user experience. Last year we launched redikersupport.com to offer more ways for educators to find the help they need and collaborate with each other in our Users Forum. We are expanding our support team to meet the documentation needs of our constantly growing family of schools. Rediker Software

Administrator's Plus offers the best in school administrative software. Everything in one program.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the ability to purchase only what our school needs. All programs work together seamlessly. Reports are easy to create. Rediker listens to the customer's needs and works their hardest to add it to their programs. Customer support is a 5 star+ rating. This company treats you like family.

Cons

There isn't anything I do not like about this software. If I have to come up with something I would have to say, I wish I had found it sooner.

Rediker software has been a real asset to our school.

Pros

The tech support is outstanding. No problem is too small. They are always polite and courteous. The in-services they offer are also very helpful.

Cons

It is a little pricey. We have a small independent school and it is costly. There should also be a way to get to the 2nd tier of Tech Support. I have called a few times and have to wait on hold while the person I'm talking to goes and asks for help. Sometimes this happens 3-5 times in one call.

Great product! Great service!

We tend to have less errors. Also, it has the ability to keep parents much more informed.

Pros

User friendly with fantastic support center! Love the ability to filter to the many different daily needs of the office or teacher requests.

Cons

Hours of live support. I would like the ability to have later or weekend hours for support help. sometimes it is not possible to work on files during a "normal" week and additional time is needed to complete the task at hand.

You can access any sort of family or student information and utilize that information!

Just an all-encompassing program that allows us to access current and past student and family information.

Pros

Options to include so much specialized data that teachers and staff need at our school. It's wonderful to generate a report or spreadsheet that contains precisely what you need to accomplish some task.

Cons

Have never been able to utilize DB WR to make labels. They never seemed to fit on the labels correctly.

Admin Plus

It's a great software. Would recommend it to anyone that I can

Pros

Cons

I like everything about this program... there is nothing bad that I can comment about it. it is a great program!

I am always so pleased with Rediker's Tech Support Team. They are top notch! Extremely knowledgeable

Rediker helps make our end product, Parent Portal and Report Cards, look professional and easy to use.

Pros

Admin Plus has a user-friendly interface and is not hard to learn how to run the program from an Administrative point of view.

Cons

I would have to say having to Sync every day from Admin Plus to Plus Portal so the attendance will show up for the parents is probably my least favorite thing.