Administrator's Plus Reviews

4.18/5 (57 reviews)

Jill Grabert

One of the best SIS systems that I have used.

Reviewed 2018-02-07

Ease of use, track any type of data that we want, support that is responsive...It allows you to track whatever data that you want. The initial set up is easy and it is easy to generate reports on just about any thing that you have data on.

Connie Fogelman

Great way to house student data information

Reviewed 2018-02-25

All data is in one place and easily accessible and reports needed are easy to gain and print once you understand the process to pull them up.That we are able to transfer data easily and effectively yearly. Also gaining information for teachers and staff is easy and quick,

Carrie Doherty

Admin+ is the perfect database solution for our school. All-inclusive, easy to use & well supported

Reviewed 2017-05-02

Everything in one place. Makes me more efficient and effective in my job. I use less paper and can do more work online. Allows my "clients", aka, students, parents & teachers, to be more independent.The comprehensive nature of the software and ability to extract needed data quickly. It is fairly easy to use, for a database system. Customer support is top notch, always quick to respond and willing to assist. There are multiple modules associated with Admin+ and we use almost all of them. It is nice to have everything in one place without having to hop between software each time we need to run a bill, check attendance, run a transcript, change teachers class lists, etc. We appreciate the customer support the most!

Jeff Shapiro

Reviewed 2014-06-01

There is probably not enough space to write about how amazing Administrator's Plus (Admin Plus as its referred to at our school) is. Whether talking about all the features and components that Admin Plus has to the second to none tech support, Admin Plus holds a critical role in supporting the mission of our school. Having used Administrator's Plus since the "days of DOS" to the present utilizing Administrator's Plus cloud based features, Rediker continues to develop and evolve to maintain itself as a leader in school information systems. The Rediker team is in tune with the needs and wants of school administrators and support staff and develop programs that are relevant and practical for school administrators. Administrator's Plus has an easy to use interface. Many options and features can be accessed in multiple ways (using keyboard shortcuts, using right click on the mouse, using a menu item at the top of the screen, etc) which allows for users with different skill levels to access and enter information in a way they are comfortable with. There are hundreds of customizable reports that can be generated. These reports also have the capability to be emailed directly from within Administrator's Plus. If more customizable data is needed for third party programs or uploads, don't worry, all data can be easily exported to customizable excel spreadsheets. Another great feature is the portfolio option. This attaches any kind of document/picture/graphic to a student's or staff member's record. Can we say the inevitable paperless office! Lastly, you cannot mention Administrator's Plus without talking about the Rediker customer support and customer relationships. The tech support is very responsive and helpful. They patiently can walk you through any module of Administrator's Plus and even remote in to help more complicated questions or issues that might arise. Through tech support, road shows, and general communications, Rediker values their relationships with their customers. The roadshows that are intended for prospective customers are often attended by current Rediker customers. I am not sure of many other companies would feel that confident of their product that they would risk that. Overall, Administrator's Plus is an amazing product. I would highly recommend this to any school of any size. The program is completely customizable for the school with a student population of 150 or 3,000!

Tina` Mahaney

It meets my needs and allows be to function efficiently.

Reviewed 2017-05-08

I am able to track all my student and staff data and information. And then I'm able to extract data to be used for other parts of my job. So basically, this software allows me to function and do my job. The Lookup feature and the Export to Excel feature -- and so of course, everything else between those that make my work very possible. i appreciate the big task that goes into creating an SIS; but that you are able to respond to our needs outside of the database such as exporting data is a boon.

Candace Coburn

Very good - we have had Admin Plus for 15 + years.

Reviewed 2017-05-02

1. How flexible the software is for each user. You can customize any report, screens, etc. 2. The core support staff has remained fairly constant over the years and are very pleasant to work with. 3. While I have not been in a while, when I was a newer user I went to the training seminars - they were great. I especially found the evenings when there was time to sit with programmers very productive - I got lots of little things taken care of during those times.

Obaida Abdul-rahim

Admin Plus: More Awesome Than Time-Travel

Reviewed 2014-05-15

Rediker is awesome. Moving to Admin Plus was one of the best decisions we ever made. Our old SIS was like using a broken abacus. In the mud. With your feet. Admin Plus is like having a DeLorean with a flux capacitor that goes 88 mph (Hoverboard sold separately). This is only our second year using the program but it has already vastly improved many areas of our work from report cards to registration and everything in between. We have the power and flexibility to quickly access information in ways that were impossible back in the stone-tablet-and-chisel days before we adopted Admin Plus. The reaction from my co-workers when showing them features of the software is often the same shock and amazement that street magicians get (except maybe with slightly-less profanity). As great as Admin Plus is, what truly sets Rediker apart is their amazing staff. I've never seen this level of support, responsiveness and helpfulness from any other company. I can probably name 20 of their employees because of how often I have corresponded with them and because the positive experience has stuck in my head (I'm mystified that they haven't blocked my e-mails and phone calls given how often I bother them). Our trainer, Cloid, has spent more time teaching me the software outside of our scheduled training sessions than he has during them (and often responds to my ridiculously-late-night e-mails in minutes). I've received phone calls from Sharon, a support representative, hours after she got off work because she got the answer to my question and didn't want me to wait until morning to receive it. I once e-mailed Rediker's CEO, Rich, at 1:38am on a Saturday morning telling him we could not access Admin Plus. I got a response at 8:48am on the same day telling me the issue was fixed, explaining what happened and what steps would be taken to prevent this from happening in the future. Seriously, who does that? Rediker does and it's the reason we love working with them and have purchased more of their products. Thanks for making fantastic products and for forcing me to modify my long-running "customer service is dead" decree. It now reads, "Why can't the rest of you people be more like Rediker?"

Jarryd Boster

Very accomodating support team that makes the chnges we neeed when we need them!

Reviewed 2017-05-11

Having a centralied database with the capabilities of this program allws us the ability to have more fluid work flows and generate reports quickly.My favorite part of the software is the portabilty when using the app. As an administrator, you need access to information when you are out in thebuidingor elsewhere on campus. Pair that portability with the multiple services offered and you have the total package for an LMS and databse combination. Very pleased with this program.

Jill Grabert

Great Student Information System

Reviewed 2017-05-03

Easy enough survey software.I love the ease of use. This is the third school that I implement the program for. I can track any item that I need to track without needing a program change. You can call support and receive assistance within a couple of minutes for any issues that you may have. It can handle simple schedules and more complex schedules with just a click of a button. The fact that this system was initially created by an educator makes it useful and purposeful.

Joseph Lopos-Gomez

Not as integrated as one would hope. Needs a redesign

Reviewed 2015-09-10

Our school has been using Admin Plus, Teacher's Plus Gradebook, Plus Portals, and Forms for three years. The first impressions is that different modules have different look and feel. I believe that Rediker has developed software for years but hasn't taken the time to redesign some older modules to work with recent ones. Some newer modules (i.e Portals) work better than older ones. Some modules don't communicate with each other at all which is very frustrating. The underlying database seems to have enough fields and capabilities to be able to accommodate our school. However, in order to customize screens you basically have to go into "programming" mode that is not very intuitive for end users. We have to provide a full-time person to write reports because it is a very technical task. When doing lookups of data, the options are very limited. AdminPlus is pretty slow as we are running the cloud option. After a while this becomes annoying because of the extra seconds on every click that users must go through. Whenever you are trying to do Excel exports or you want to upload files to the portfolio, the files must be placed on a temporary server located at their location. It adds an extra unnecessary step. As a matter of fact, the software is full of unnecessary steps. To first log on in the morning, you have to go to four different screens. When you are finally logged in, you have to go and close the other two windows that the program left open in the logon process. I have to say that technical support is pretty good. They are accessible and knowledgeable. However, we find ourselves having to call them way more than we would wish. The pricing is confusing. Between last year and this year they changed our pricing from school to a per student pricing. We originally bought this software because it was cheaper than Blackbaud. However, I feel that with the nickel and diming in our bills, I am not sure we are saving money. Purchasing a whole school system is a difficult process. We are now in the process of deciding whether to bite the bullet and change again to something else. I wish we would have seen more than the "demo" when we first purchased. The little things about this software will ruin your work day. This is death by a thousand cuts.

Jonathan Jacobs

Outstanding! Great software that adapts to the constantly changing environment of schools.

Reviewed 2015-07-30

I have used Administrator's Plus for five years at two different schools. Both of them are independent schools, which don't necessarily follow the norm. AP has almost everything you could ask for in a database built in, even when you don't follow the state standards. Need a custom schedule, no problem. Custom reports, not an issue. The training provided along with the purchase of Admin Plus is top notch, and the support doesn't end after the onsite and online training. It continues as long as you are a customer, and stays top notch, no matter how many times you call or email. It's integration with all the other modules and third party software Rediker has available is seamless, as well as the online tools that are provided. The only cons I can think of are its cloud interface (which I understand is going to change in the next year) and the complexity of its report writing. Of course, once you have attended a workshop or spent some time in training, the last issue disappears for the most part, and tech support is always a call or email away, and has always been able to help me through writing a new custom report. Overall I would highly recommend Administrator's Plus to any school or district. If you want a company that listens to its customers, provides plenty of opportunities for training, has excellent customer service and support, and provides software that stays on the cutting edge, look no further than Rediker and their Administrator's Plus School Office Suite.

Nichole Nietsche

Easy to use. Customer support long wait times.

Reviewed 2017-05-02

Easily accessible data that meets most needs of the support staff. The program allows uses a wide variety of options from database, scheduling, admissions, etc. We find all material to be easily accessible.

Patricia Byrne

Comprehensive System, Easy to Navigate

Reviewed 2017-05-03

Over and above the benefit of the general benefits of a student information system, the super database tables and the Excel Wizard allow me to store and analyze data that is valuable for our decision making process.I like the tabs for different pages and modules that are set up for specific information and rights assigned to users. I also really like the Excel Wizard and the E-Mail features. Support is wonderful!!

Rosanne Grigoletti

Generally good! And if I have trouble, tech support is fantastic.

Reviewed 2017-05-02

integration with gradebook and portal; notify for easy calling/texting.emailing - one version of the truth!Company is responsive to input and feedback. Generally easy to use. Meets needs of all the variety of constituents. integration with plusportals is great.

Kathy Zelch

Administrator's Plus offers the best in school administrative software. Everything in one program.

Reviewed 2017-05-04

I love the ease of use and the ability to purchase only what our school needs. All programs work together seamlessly. Reports are easy to create. Rediker listens to the customer's needs and works their hardest to add it to their programs. Customer support is a 5 star+ rating. This company treats you like family.

Joseph Havelka

Disappointing...

Reviewed 2015-06-07

First and foremost, Rediker is a piecemeal system that was obviously developed over the course of time without any sort of major revision to consolidate the numerous products into one cohesive system. At our school we currently use both their AdminPlus (which is terrible) and their PortalsPlus including gradebook (which is a decent system, if you didn't have to suffer through AdminPlus). The AdminPlus (and this is the updated version since we use the cloud) ifs extremely difficult to even get into, including two separate logins just to access the AdminPlus. Using AdminPlus feels like a program from the 90's. It is difficult to navigate AdminPlus because it is a patchwork of coding that leaves the user searching through several levels of menus that make no sense and have no rhyme or reason why a specific item is under the menu. The other crazy quark of this system is the endless need to sync data so that it is current, except that many times this only complicates simple tasks such as collecting grades to print report cards. Trying to make any sense of AdminPlus only gets worse if you try to look for help in their manuals since most of them are dated 10+ years ago and the software has undergone many revisions and updates. Additionally, communication with the support staff generally means that you, the user, will somehow be blamed for the quarks of their system since you were unaware that a setting under several layers of menus was turned on and shouldn't have been. PortalsPlus and Gradebook would really make Rediker an excellent software for schools to use except that you have to put up with AdminPlus. PortalsPlus and Gradebook are both modern and efficient. It is strange to me that AdminPlus and PortalsPlus/Gradebook are even made by the same company since they are so different in functionality. Whereas AdminPlus as I stated above is difficult to use, PortalsPlus and Gradebook are the exact opposite. If we weren't mandated to use Rediker by our diocese we would have chosen another software that isn't so time consuming to use.

Jo Ann Fannon

comprehensive, multiple features

Reviewed 2017-05-02

Integrated scheduling and reportingExcellent customer support for any type of problem, although wait times can be long. There are many features that can be used - report cards, transcripts, scheduling.

Evie Vollenweider

Rediker software has been a real asset to our school.

Reviewed 2017-05-12

The tech support is outstanding. No problem is too small. They are always polite and courteous. The in-services they offer are also very helpful.

Patricia Bowman

Great product! Great service!

Reviewed 2017-05-08

We tend to have less errors. Also, it has the ability to keep parents much more informed. User friendly with fantastic support center! Love the ability to filter to the many different daily needs of the office or teacher requests.

Allen Riedel

Dantesque suffering

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Grey hairIt is software. It has buttons. It is clickable, sometimes. It holds information. It is on a computer screen. It can be installed. It has warnings. It calculates incorrectly.

Janet Schmieder

You can access any sort of family or student information and utilize that information!

Reviewed 2017-05-08

Just an all-encompassing program that allows us to access current and past student and family information.Options to include so much specialized data that teachers and staff need at our school. It's wonderful to generate a report or spreadsheet that contains precisely what you need to accomplish some task.

Judy Landry

Rediker has the best customer support team that I have ever had to deal wth.

Reviewed 2017-05-03

I like that all the data I need is in one place. I also like that Plus Portals enhances our use of admin Plus.I like the new features and functionalities that have been added recently. I like that I can usually get all the data I need quickly.

Kathy Grubb

I am always so pleased with Rediker's Tech Support Team. They are top notch! Extremely knowledgeable

Reviewed 2017-05-11

Rediker helps make our end product, Parent Portal and Report Cards, look professional and easy to use.Admin Plus has a user-friendly interface and is not hard to learn how to run the program from an Administrative point of view.

Beth Acitelli

We have used AP since 2000 and love it.

Reviewed 2017-05-02

Keeps our data meaningful.We love the support we receive. Admin Plus' just in time training videos are also very helpful, especially at beginning and end of school year.

Donald Neveu

Reviewed 2017-05-02

web based, look, the ability to store information in the student's portfolio, Great customer service. They work with you until the problem is fixed. Fast response times. 99% up time, online training