Freightview Reviews

Pros

The ease of use and cost are the best functions of this package. This helps us save time and money as we are able to quote multiple sources at once.

Chad P.

Wade P.

Using Freightview is very simple and makes it easy to ensure I am choosing the best option for freight. The customer service team is very responsive and is always ready to answer any questions.

Brandi B.

Cons

Difficult to ship blind shipments. The scheduling carriers is confusing at times and doesn't always reflect the proper pickup hours due to carrier restraints.

Paul B.

What I dislike about Freightview is that it's not beginner friendly what-so-ever. It hides a lot of its functionality, making it difficult to use.

Robert E.

Time saving, stream lined, one stop shop for rate quoting.

All the things i listed in my review. this seems very redundant.

Pros

All my carriers in one place, all my customers in my address book, amazing data to provide my LTL reps for better rates, uniform BOL across all carriers, Pre-PRO'd shipments so I don't have to trust a driver with a sticker book to stick the right pallet, Being able to run spot and volume quotes in one place, lightning fast response from customer service on the rare occasion of an issue, seeing customer...

Cons

I'm spoiled and overly reliant on it. Also, with its ease of use, it does potentially make part of my position easier to fill with someone whom has little to no shipping experience.

Thank you for the review and all the great feedback Zac!

Advanced supply chain software for all businesses

We have been using Freightview to visualise data of all shipments that are in transit, which is a great option, especially when preparing spreadsheets and reports for meetings. In addition, analytics and graphical representation of data is simple to read and process for the entire team. Our company procures shipments (aircraft spare parts) from literally all around the world, so having software to manage the logistics is a wise decision. It is also possible to report on the performance of carriers, which is always helpful as these comments would be useful to improve performance. The customer management module is flawless, as is invoicing. We have been using this software for several months and are pleased with it. Would continue with it in the future without doubt!

Pros

Freightview is a dependable supply chain management solution that helps keep track of shipments and is optimal for freight management for businesses. Freightview can be utilised by several industries for procurement and is a robust tool for tracking deliveries, shipments and logistics. One can view the rates and compare all options whilst choosing the best one for your requirement. Overall it is an excellent software for supply chain and procurement teams that need to stay on top of the process and tasks.

Cons

We are quite pleased with the software, however the pricing could be more competitive.

Thank you for the great feedback and review! Please let us know if you ever have any questions, or if there's ever anything we can do.

Easy!

This is a great way to compare rates in one place without going from screen to screen checking with different carriers on their own sites.

Pros

I love that I can go back into my quotes and refresh them to see current rates. It is also great to see other rates that coworkers have searched for, so we do not duplicate our work.

Cons

The thing I like least about this is probably more about the carriers than freightview. Sometimes POD's are not available for deliveries, so they need to be requested.

Thank you for the great review!

Easy to use, but could be a little more flexible

It's nice being able to have all my(not a 3pl's ) rates in one place. Easy to use. Could use some more flexibility for creating the BOL. Too often with hazmat shipments you want to keep those items on separate lines from the rest of what is being shipped so that the hazmat info is readily available on the PO. Doing this right now changes the quantity shipped on the total line which then has to be...

Pros

Ease of use, data is readily available, Customer Service is outstanding.

Cons

BOL editing capabilities needs to be more flexible. It would be nice to be able to completely delete a shipment made in error instead of just archiving it.

Thank you for the review and feedback Alex! I've passed along your comments around our BOL and analytics to our development team. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do!

Best solution for freight

The experience was great from the beginning. Our shipping manager did the setup and found that the whole team at the freight view was responsive and helpful. That has stayed consistent for the years we've been with them. The sales team likes it, the shipping team likes it, and really the biggest issue it has caused is with small package carriers. That is, the bar has been raised and we now wish they did small package the same way.

Pros

The online interface at first made me nervous. I was a software guy. However, that quickly disappeared when I started using it. The idea was actually from our shipping manager and the way the system works is so simple that it allows our sales staff to easily quote and even book some freight which helps out our shipping department. It shows the rates of all the carriers we have loaded, the best time of delivery, etc. It is a well thought out and well-executed product.

Cons

I haven't run into any real bugs in the system. However, our current administrator probably has more in-depth ideas of any little quirks. From a user standpoint, there is not much room to complain. I know that one of the carriers will not state that it is using other carriers to get it to the final destination but all of the others do and I think that is more on that carrier than anything. Other than that the site is easy to use and I just don't hear of complaints. One minor thing is that they did have a WordPress plugin but it is about 3 years out of date and doesn't look like its been maintained. We were going to use that with our shopping cart software but since it was so old we couldn't use it.

Thank you for the great review Wade! I passed along your comments around Wordpress to our dev team, and be sure to keep you updated on this shortly. Let us know if anything comes up!

Time saver when using multiple LTL carriers

It's been a huge timesaver for me as I manage the traffic for our 3 locations and was the only one that could generate the quotes, pick ups and BOL's. Now that is handled with ease at all locations with minumum training on my part and they had never used TMS. One of the things that really made me switch was the ease of Auditing freight invoices. I used to have to audit all invoices but your program made that so easy our accounts payable department can do it now. If there is ever a way to pay directly we would use that as well.

Pros

The ease of creating a shipment is outstanding. The speed of the site while pricing through 15 carriers is great. The Freightview team that have worked to make my changing over from another TMS so effortlessly on my end. The immediate responses to any issues I was unfamiliar with or questions I had were always answered very quick. I'm glad the rep kept checking in and giving me time to try Freightview.

Cons

My old TMS had our UPS pricing included to quote a parcel shipment. It also had UPS Ground Freight Pricing included so I knew which was more economical. I would love to be able to quote zip to zip. One thing I think could change is when you do an outbound customer routed shipment it would be nice to keep your default ship from loaded. No major concern whatsoever though.

Thank you for the excellent review, Rodney! The feedback is appreciated and keep an eye out for UPS Parcel and Ground w/ Freight Pricing in the very near future. Thanks again!

Bang for the buck

Very positive … their customer service is first rate. I had 6 years on the enterprise platform, as that grew bigger and we (my prior employer) used it more and more. That platform was not available to me now, and my contact recommended this "lite" version. The CSR's are even better, and they regularly announce improvements. (Some useful to us, some not.)

Pros

Low price, prior history with parent company

Cons

A little too barebones in certain areas we could use more robustness. (However, they are building out.)

Thank you for the great review and feedback Branch! Look for more feature enhancements in the near future.

Freightview

Efficient from top to bottom on my end from booking the shipments to auditing the invoices it has shaved many hours off the top for me which has allowed me to get more done in less time.

Pros

Being able to centralize all of our inbound and outbound shipments into one location has made my job that much more efficient.

Cons

When booking an LTL shipment there needs to be some sort of Freight Class Calculator so that my team can complete the entire task within Freightview without having to go outside to get that information.

Thank you for the great review and remarks, Alan!

An excellent program for the price

Pros

No charges for additional users. Helps to save money with picking the cheapest rate. Has Small Parcel Capabilities. Easy to use.

Cons

If I had to write one complaint it would be that when exporting shipment history I don't get all of the quoted rates with it. This would be nice to have for negotiating rates with carriers.

Thank you for the excellent review, Robert! I passed this along to our product team so we can look into quote analytics in the future. Thanks again!

Great experience so far!

Pros

Straight forward and easy to use. Just scratching the surface of everything it offers. Next step, system integration.

Cons

none at this moment. hoping to get into the integration at some point this year.

Thank you for the great review, Freddie! We're glad to hear that it's been a great experience so far and please let us know if there's anything we can do or provide with the integration!

Friendly, Flexible & Affordable

Overall FV has helped us improve our shipping practices and get a better handle on our spend and process. It's created a standard shipping process for all our sites to follow and has given us the ability to utilize the data in meaningful ways. We can estimate better, we can capture accurate costs and negotiate with carriers for better rates and service. We have been very happy with this transition and believe we found the right option for us.

Pros

We identified the need for a TMS software in our shipping practices and spent months evaluating and completing demos of dozens of TMS options. We chose FreightView because of it's ease of use, it gave us all the tools we wanted and needed and provided a clear expectation for where they expect to grow and evolve as a software. A lot of those future development plans line up with what we would need in...

Cons

A mass or quick quote tool would be great. With high volume shipping, sometimes just being able to grab a quick number for multiple shipments at once helps immensely. The labels for printing pro numbers for shipments could be tweaked and improved as well. Currently they offer a variety of sizes, but for high volume shipments of 10+ pallets, it becomes very cumbersome to print 10+ big labels. The development...

Thank you for the glowing review, Travis! We'll be working on batch quoting later this year, and please let us know if anything else comes to mind!

Great Value and Ease of Use

Overall we really do love Freightview. It's affordable and powerfully simple. Pickups are scheduled, BOL's are effortlessly created, it just suits us great. That being said, there are some quirks I would love to see fixed. First off, there needs to be better support for specific carrier accessorials. Some carriers don't recognize or accurately quote accessorials as they should based on the selections...

Pros

ease of use, simplicity, speed, affordability

Cons

lacking support for specific carrier accessorials, no claims management system (a simple database that linked with shipment data as an area to record claims made to carriers would be fantastic), no ability to customize BOL or Label templates, no branded tracking page, closed API (only available for rating), no integration with major e-Commerce providers

Thanks for the great review and feedback Jamie! As of 02/2019, we have added a function to manage claims, branded tracking, rating, booking and a tracking API, and additional carrier accessorials. I'll keep in touch on the others, but let us know if anything else comes to mind!

Extreme Time Saver

Excellent! I could not be more pleased. I have referred multiple customers to them and will continue to do so. Such a breathe of fresh air in this ultra competitive space and their customer service rocks!! Don't pass up this opportunity. If you ship daily LTL, you need this......trust me!!

Pros

This software saves us so much time it is literally like having an extra employee at a fraction of the cost. Freightview saves so much time in quoting multiple carriers, producing BOL's and labels, and booking LTL shipments, along with seamless tracking w/ notification and they are constantly adding new features. Another huge feature is their analytics. It provides so much info and also provides a lot of leverage when negotiating with new carriers. You can pull past shipment info in a matter of seconds, something that used to be such a pain, you hated to even try to set up new carriers because of the hands on nature of pulling all the documents and relaying to sales/pricing departments.

Cons

There are only two cons and one I know they are working on. Currently you can not pull POD's from software but they are in the process of providing this solution. Hopefully this year. The second would be that it is difficult to pull up a past shipment over 90 days. Luckily we don't need to do this often.

Thank you for the review and feedback, Jason! We should now be pulling POD's from 10 carriers, with more to be added throughout 2019. We just released a solution to make searching past 90 days more streamlined as well. Let us know if anything else comes to mind!

This is the best web portal ever!

My overall experience with FV has been wonderful!! It has allowed me to not only restructure my entire freight dept. but it has given me more time with my crew and training people more in depth about different, more complicated aspect of the freight world. i don't have to spend hours a day running quotes or dealing with some company server down that wont allow to use whatever it may be. It has taken the inconveniences of my job and made them much more enjoyable. "CSR" .. whom i like to call the all time FV support analyst has been so good to me and my team over the last year (if it hasn't been a year its been alomst 1) i just wanted to give him/her an extra shout for all the hard work being done!

Pros

This software allows me to save so much time when quoting anything almost going anywhere!! I regularly use about 7 to 10 different carriers.. I like to spread the love and all of them have specific quirks about them that allow me to do so. Opening that may tads and using everyone's website could sometimes take a couple hours to do. Now it takes me 10 min. I provide quotes for things I don't have.. so guesstimating takes time when you need to be right. so wherever i can save the time i will!

Cons

i don't necessarily like that most companies won't allow me to provide an inbound quote.. but that's really all that it is. FV has changed freight shipping for my current and past companies ever since they went live.

Thank you for the excellent review, Rob! I'll reach out to you directly to confirm where you can do inbound quotes as well. Let me know if anything comes up!

Freightview Review

Overall, Freightview is a very user friendly option that allows you to get multiple rates from numerous carriers at once. In this way, it's a one-stop shop and I love that! My only real issue is that I having to go all the way back to the first window and then completely start over in the first screen just to change a detail(s) or correct any error(s). This is absolutely too time consuming, in my opinion. I have complete faith in your team's ability to resolve this issue and make Freightview even better with time.

Pros

I love the fact that I can see quotes from multiple carriers. This makes it easy to compare rates and see my available options all in one place. I also like the way the site is organized. My BOLs and additional information are all in order on the left of the screen and my tracking information is in the bottom. It's very user friendly. Your customer service team has been extremely helpful as well. I appreciate that on so many levels. Your customer service team has been extremely helpful as well. I appreciate that on so many levels.

Cons

I really don't like the fact that if I make a mistake on the first page, it forces me to go back and reenter all of the information again. This is time consuming and can become exhausting if you're trying to compare rates and options for different shipping out days. I use this software every day and it would save me a LOT of time if this aspect could somehow be resolved.

Thank you for the excellent review, Penny! We're glad to hear that it's working so well, and I also sent you some information on how to quickly go back and adjust the quote without having to enter everything in a second time. Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do!

Ease of freight rating and accurate freight rate estimates by our CSR team. This comes to fruition on the back end, as we invoice our customers for freight the day after shipment with a passthrough + 12% markup model. We have to be good at estimating rates w/ all surcharges included upfront so that we aren't losing money on the back when we receive that carrier invoice 1,2, maybe 3 weeks after something ships.

Pros

Ease of implementation, use, training of user teams, and feasibility of mass rollout all make the platform something I would recommend to any future user, or someone doing a cost/benefit analysis on the software. We've been able to leverage it's out of the box functionality to rate freight, mind you, it's used by CSRs with little to no freight or logistics background, for several months and we've seen our ROI almost immediately.

Cons

Unfortunately, due to the FV team working on future improvements, they aren't leveraging their competitive advantage of having carriers plugged into the platform. Explained, in 2020 they're working to roll out more full truckload and parcel improvements that soak all IT bandwidth, eliminating the ability of a shipper to request a new carrier be integrated into their network. This is a downside as having our complete carrier network in Freightview would only add value to our supply chain.

Thank you for the excellent review and feedback, Jacob!

Freightview is a great tool for comparing multiple carrier rates at one time

Pros

For standard quotes, it is a great way to obtain all of your carrier's rates in one easy to use web app. The feature set is constantly growing - there is always something new coming. The detailed breakdown feature is very helpful for determining the cost breakdown of shipments and the proximity to terminal location makes it easy for me to set proper expectations with my customers as to when shipments will pick up.

Cons

There are certain accessorials that are not covered by the software, so occasionally the rates will be inaccurate. There have been times when incorrect rates have been returned by the carrier through Freightview and the level of assistance when discussing the issue with the carrier was not as in-depth as I would have hoped. Sometimes I feel support wants to close the ticket instead of actually helping with the issue.

Thank you for the review and feedback Chuck! I'll follow up with you directly around the quotes that returned as inaccurate. Let me know if there's anything else we can do!

It has been a great help to our shipping dept.

Easy access to reports, shipments, carriers.

Pros

Easy to pick the best carrier for the load and to generate paperwork and follow shipments. Able to track shipments and review shipments in the past. Easy to add carriers, users and easy to delete the same.

Cons

Reports could be better. I was shocked to find that my data disappears after 60 days. That is not enough time. I need at least 6 months to clear invoices and archive shipments. We have asked for an additional column on report that allows us to put in the actual cost vs quoted cost, but as yet have not gotten that.

Thank you for the review Darlene! We do have a way for you to access your shipment data for as long as your team has used Freightview, and I will send over information on how to do this accordingly. We are getting ready to release our invoicing feature as well, which should allow us to start tracking actual cost vs. quoted cost in the analytics. We will stay in touch as soon as it's released!

My experience over the past few years with Freightview has been outstanding. Great product.

Pros

The visibility it gives across multiple company locations. The ability to see multiple tariffs on one page eliminating the use of opening tabs. The ability to create users which on top of increasing visibility cuts down on the inbound calls from outside sales force looking for shipment information.

Cons

Not allowing pickups to be scheduled if it is past a certain time. If you go to a carriers site they will still allow the schedule but may have a popup saying "pickup time after 3pm maybe scheduled for next day". What that does is allow the local terminal to use its own local rules and shipment load to decide if the shipment will get picked up the same day. Need more education with the carriers to not cover up the Pro# generated with the pre-printed Pro# stickers they carry. When this happens of course, we loose tracking.

Thank you for the review and feedback Orlando!

Freightview is very easy to use and has helped our organization simplify our process and save money.

Pros

Very user-friendly and makes analytics on our shipping very easy. Helps with setting up appointments and limits time having to wait to talk to a customer service rep to set up a pick-up. Keeping very detailed shipping history has also helped with our payables department being able to go back and look at quotes very quickly and easily.

Cons

Could have reasoning as to why certain carrier was not chosen. We have had some instances when the site has crashed which has caused some issues. Shipping Hazmat material can be time-consuming because it still forces you to fill out all of the information. Would be easier if you could check a box that would signify that you are using your own bill of lading and could skip the setting up of information you are not going to use.

Thank you for the great review and feedback, Alex!

Freightview has been a tremendous time saver in quoting, booking, tracking and bill review.

Pros

The software is easy to use, visually appealing and well organized. It allows me to check quotes from many (in my case 12 or more) carriers simultaneously to find my best rate and transit time. Then I can book directly with carrier and instantly create a BOL from the database of information that it saves from my previous entries and provide the BOL to my shipper and the tracking information to my...

Cons

There is an occasional hiccup with the site updating the status of a shipment. Currently there is no ability to edit the product catalog but hopefully this will be addressed in an update.

Thank you for the great review!

Excellent Asset For Shipping

Prior to using Freightview for our company, we always had to view every carriers website individually which was very time consuming. Now with Freightview, all of our rates are in one place and we don't have to spend the time clicking onto each website to see our rates. It has saved us a lot of time and allowed us to branch our with regional carriers we would not have normally done business with. The only drawback is that there are occasional system hiccups that can disrupt shipping procedures, but the good news is that customer service is top notch and can typically give you a good idea of when things will be back up and running.

Pros

It's a huge timesaver as we don't have to view each carrier website individually now. It has also allowed us to us local or regional carriers to take advantage of their savings since we don't have to waste our time viewing each website.

Cons

The technology isn't 100% reliable and there is occasional downtime where we are not able to ship our shipments out. This is rare though and seems to be far and few between.

Thank you for the kind review Eric!

Easy website to naviagate

Saves me a lot of time from reaching out to each carrier individually to get rates and creating manually reports.

Pros

Multiple of rates at once at your finger tips. Easy website to work with. The shipment reports are great and make it easy to share that information internally with co-workers. Analytics allows us to see how much we are spending with each carrier.

Cons

All information input is not transferred over to carriers BOL. Carriers do not report missed pick ups. Transit times are not always accurate if transferring to a partner carrier. Carriers doesn't list that they give to a partner carrier. Unable to get rates for different volumes going to the same address.

Thank you for the review Kimberly! We are unfortuantely limited when it comes to what some of carrier's will allow us to put on their BOL, but I'll be sure we take a closer look at the transit information to make sure we're showing exactly what the carrier's sites are reflecting as well. If there's anything we can do, I'll be sure to let you know!

Very user friendly, fast quoting and many features.

No need to login to 15 different sites to pull freight quotes. Much time is saved since the shipping dept. no longer needs to spend an hour researching the best carrier choice as we now have them all in front of us at once.

Pros

The speed it takes to get all my freight quoting completed. Never need to login to multiple websites for online quoting. I am able to book the load in seconds, print BOL's and shipping labels with pre-assigned PRO #'s fast and easy.

Cons

Several carriers do not support online quoting for certain accessorials. A built in freight class calculator would also help where the suggested class is listed once dims and weight are entered, but allows you to change the class if need be- for instance if you have an FAK with a certain carrier.

Thank you for the great review and feedback Chris!

My Experience using Freightview

Overall it is very helpful and simple to navigate and like I said it saves a lot of time when it comes do getting different rate quotes.

Pros

It saves a lot of time when it comes to getting a rate quote, also its very easy to create a bill of landing.

Cons

One thing is that when I create a BOL and if I have hazardous material then I need to break down what is what that i am shipping for example how many pieces are hazardous, whats the weight etc. when it comes to writing my skid count i have to write it in the special instructions and it can sometime change my quote when i submit. Also a few times when I get my rate quotes not all carriers will show.

Thank you for the review and feedback Davin! This is something we'll be addressing in the near future. I'll reach out to you directly to discuss our next steps.