SpaceRunner Reviews

SpaceRunner

Visual asset & equipment management solution

SpaceRunner

Review Summary

4.3

It's a great tool to utilize for projects. Saves time, risks and BP's love the visual display.

Pros

The vendor engagement and support are top notch. This tool has allowed us to capture requirements directly on the floor plans and run detailed reports to a variety of groups. (cabling, assets, details, equipment counts, mapping devices, linking devices). It has reduced our time and cost savings significantly. Our Business Partners are able to view each room in detail, it has been a much better experience than reviewing a lengthy excel spreadsheet. It's real time for all users assigned to the project. The tool is very user friendly. I am thrilled to be utilizing this tool at Kaiser Permanente.

Cons

I really don't have any cons at this point. The vendor has worked diligently with our teams to enhance and add features based on other tools we are required to use. They are currently working on additional interfaces and reports that will minimize risks, and save more time!

Awesome tool...makes my life a lot easier

I have used Spacerunner for 15 different projects of varying scales and scopes. The tool has made all of the data management much easier and has allowed me to make updates in one place. Generally, our organization is accustomed to using spreadsheets to manage the project asset and configuration data. Spacerunner allows me to manage the data in the Spacerunner database, then export the necessary...

Pros

The software is easy to use and requires minimal training. There is on-line support as well as support over the telephone. Response times for requests for assistance have been excellent. I like having the ability to set up my own projects in the tool and generate all of the documentation that I need by myself. I like sharing the responsibilities with other team members for update and maintenance of the database.

Cons

Unfortunately, in my organization, the cost for access to the application is cost prohibitive. I wish there was a better way to structure the pricing, so that I could use this tool all the time for every project

not impressed

I cant rely on it to say that everything we populated is correct. So if I cant rely on it, I can not trust it. Overall experience: Not so great.

Pros

It is very easy to use. It can be accessed virtually anywhere. Web based.

Cons

Well in our case we are using it for a fairly large project so with that, there are several hands in the system ( to many hands in the cookie jar ) so there is "no" accountability when xyicons are moved around and misplaced. Really easy to screw things up. If you could control that , then you have a great product. One other item was / is that the catalog did / does not have everything our organization uses.

Perfect visual solution for total asset management

Pros

The flexibility of the design combined with the visual component make this software and excellent choice for managing assets. It is also a fantastic planning tool for building moves, expansion projects or transfers of equipment using floorplans, room diagrams, etc. Accountability and auditing of asset records is intuitive and reporting is flexible.

Cons

None. The software, as deployed by Xyicon is configurable to meet virtually any asset management requirement.

Great Customer Service

Pros

It makes your project more manageable. All equipment and software can be seen in one place.

Cons

The occasional slowness - but that has to do with my company's network/server.

Spacerunner Feedback

Pros

The ease of use is greatly appreciated and the customer support is amazing!

Cons

The inability to track changes made by various users in the tool makes it challenging to pick up where someone else left off in the project.