Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

GPS fleet tracking and automation software

Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR Reviews

Carol D.

The platform in which you view the vehicles is pretty easy to use and customizable for your needs. 3rd party guy they hired to install was AMAZING.

Patrick F.

Lizzette P.

Cons

Bad for reporting and accident reconstruction etc. Also getting unit to use EDI was difficult with Teletrac's support staff.

David K.

Well, i'm sorry to burst your bubble Telectrac, but you breached the contract when you threaten the stability of my organization. My incident has taken place with Teletrac within a month.

Tony M.

Tony M.

2.9

Chattanooga Bus Company

It has been a positive experience. I would recommend it to all.

Pros

Ease of use The phone App Customer support

Cons

Nothing really. Like all software, just have to get use and comfortable with the system.

Great Vehicle Tracking Software

Great tracking software if you are in the need of tracking fleet vehicles. You can easily find the location of your vehicles and track their daily routes.

Pros

It's a great tracking software to monitor your fleet vehicles on the daily. Gives you real-time status updates turn by turn on vehicles that you monitor.

Cons

Satellite gets funky on bad weather. Trackers can be disabled easily by easily disabling antenna. Your upgrading tracking device can be costly after time. Geofencing still needs improvements.

E-Logs and DOT compliance

Have used the software for over 2 years and when it works well, it is great. More often than we would like, we run into issues with credentials, permissions, error messages, etc. that don't have a clear solution. Navigating through the software as an admin on the account is not intuitive at all and requires ongoing communication with the product developers.

Pros

The software provides a solution to stay in compliance with the DOT requirements for electronic logs, and manage the drivers and their workloads

Cons

There is a lot of backend work that remains a big question mark to the end user. Troubleshooting and navigating through frequent technical hurtles is basically out of the end user's hands. This wouldn't be an issue if support was consistent, prompt, and reliable but that hasn't been the case.

Director review

Overall seeing where our trucks are, speed and traffic has been wonderful. Paying for a government issued product doesn't make us happy. And converting to team drivers has been extremely tough to find enough drivers. Expenses have doubled but freight is still the same.

Pros

Ability to monitor trucks/drivers. Track maintenance.

Cons

ELD in truck hardware fails to easy....cords being pinched. Installation varied each vendor. Functionality lacks at times.

Excellent Way to View and track trucks

Pros

This had been a wonderful experience using this software. I find myself getting caught up on looking at all the features. It really makes me want to look and see where my trucks are and what they are doing. You can zoom in and get a Ariel view and even see what parking spot the truck in is at a truck stop.

Cons

Took just a little bit to get use to all the features that you can keep up with the trucks. There is a lot of stuff that the software will do you just have to use it to get use to it.

SAVE YOURSELF RUN FROM TELETRAC!

We had used Teletrac, From June off 2018 – May of 2019, of the many problems we reported to Teletrac, I have included 2 specific examples that in my opinion not only demonstrate the lackadaisical approach Teletrac takes in resolving our issues, but also provides the reasons, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Teletrac did not resolve our issues within a timely fashion. Issue #1: Idling Report Issues:...

Pros

The thing that attracted me to this company was the integration with McLeod and the reasonable price. -- However as I would soon discover, these were merely a honey trap.

Cons

1. The fact that the product just did not work. 2. The worst customer support I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. 3. LIESSSS

We have had an awful experience overall…

We have had an awful experience overall… We have had an awful experience overall with Teletrac Navman. The reporting does not work, we can't get our rep to train us, the system does not allow for easy use and tracking as promised and the hardware is outdated and has to be installed in each vehicle and is not easy to move to another vehicle if you need to due to a sale or breakdown. They lock you into a 3 year contract and you have no way to get out or change once you are in, No good driver reports, no vehicle maintenance alerts, tracking is hard to find and navigate, just the whole thing has been a waste of 3 years.

Pros

Nothing - it has had literally zero benefit

Cons

Small Carriers, Proceed with CAUTION!

The shareholder's will lose in the long run if my experience is repeated with current or future customers. Good business stems from good ethics. If your equipment threatens the life of your client's organization, then how ruthless can Teletrac be in filing frivolous lawsuits against small motor carriers such as my organization. MY TRUCKS were parked for over TWO WEEKS! The individual TELETRAC SENT...

Pros

I don't want to sound bold so that an opportunity may arise and therefore I will simply pass on this question.

Cons

The product did not live up to the presumed expectations. The software remained on duty status when the truck was parked in the yard. The software had a time lapse which negatively impacted HOS. We were signed up in the "hero" program and our hero never replied to any of our messages. The service department contracted with Teletrac dissolved or filed for bankruptcy, DURING the COVID PANDEMIC, in...

Do not recommend

The initial process was great. The sales team was thorough and had good initial follow up, but after that it went down hill. They gave me a great price to get the deal done asap. I verified before signing the contract I would get a couple key features, then come to find out, it did not. The company would not honor the contract either. I was more or less called a liar once I called the company out of their issues and they told me I never asked for certain features, which were the only features I used in previous software

Pros

The platform in which you view the vehicles is pretty easy to use and customizable for your needs 3rd party guy they hired to install was AMAZING

Cons

We switched from another company to Teletrac due to their horrible customer service and poor quality product. I would go back to them at this point I was sold on basic features it did not come with (posted speed alerts) Integrations to programs such as Fleetio did not work (confirmed it was Teletrac and not Fleetio with the issue) Multiple interactions with customer service were awful (one guy told me he" didnt know what to do and Im on my own") Response from the sales team post sale would take days, but when it came to signing the contract, it was minutes The tracker that was installed says on its specs it comes with a feature that it does not Odometer readings on platform never correct

Teletrac/Director GPS

I like the software and how easy it is to use. It supports safe driving for drivers if used for a reward system. It can prove your driver side if they were to have an accident because the device has 3 cameras. I would recommend this software if you want to be able to see driver location at any time or their history. You can also create customize reports by vehicle.

Pros

I like the fact that software is easy to use and didn't require me to read a long manual in order to get it set up. The same day I got my log in I was able to track the vehicles and video of drivers who didn't not practice safe driving.

Cons

I don't like that this involves two companies. One company supports the software and the other company supports the actual hardware. Plus Verizon is involved with the actual GPS.

Very disappointed of the team members

we have used the GPS system , but when it came time to cancel our service ... ohh god it took us 1 full month just to get a-hold of some one, we have called every single day all of their listed phone numbers , we have e-mailed them countless times , in the end we had to call our bank and put a stop on their automatic billing. Finally after 1 month and something , we have been contacted via e-mail by...

Pros

its cheap and the gps system work , other than that very disappointed no other pros for teletrac than those

Cons

you can not get a hold of no-one , when you call them , they dont answer , when you e-mail them they dont respond very bad customer service

Horrible experience

DO NOT USE UNLESS YOU DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER CHOICE I’d give them negative starts if possible due to the amount of lost time and aggravation trying to get units fixed or get them to send us replacement units. The Samsung units we were issued continuously malfunction. Drivers cannot log in, get logged off randomly. Units bubble out and screens go blank. Customer service is a joke. They will issue you a...

Pros

When it works the user interface is not complicated

Cons

Tablets malfunction on a regular bases. Customer service is TERRIBLE.

You get what you pay for

Pros

GPS Tracking in real time. The maintenance reminder is nice once you get it fully setup for each vehicle, but still leaves room for improvement.

Cons

Dashboard is slow and laggy, no matter what computer you use. Often having to close the window and re-open it so it's responsive.

Teletrac

Pros

Ease of use. Precision of product. And customer service

Cons

The change from AOBRD to ELD. Just the switch was long.

Great product that does the job

Ablilty to track my vehicles without an issue

Pros

I can track every aspect of my vehicles. I know when each vehicle is started, turned off, Idling for too long, and if they are speeding.

Cons

The online software is outdated. It needs to use Microsoft silverlight which you can only use on certain web browsers.

Great way of tracking our employees when on the job!

Pros

It's easy to use and i love the minute by minute updates. There are many reports that you can run and saftey reports are easy to pull up.

Cons

The only thing that I don't love about Teletrac is that the HOS is a little complicated to learn and use.

Cheap & Easy to use - Lacks Major Functionality

Teletrac is a great system on a low budget and you don't really care about its ability to interact with any other systems. If all you are looking for is the ability to track your truck and something for drivers to use for E-Logs, than this might be up your alley. However, if you are expecting any type of integration with mainstream products than this isn't what you need. This product has more cons than pros when it comes to the trucking industry. The tablets are easy to pull out of the truck, break, and lack OTA updating. Mapping is substandard and program functionality is sub par. We used this system for over a year and scrapped it after so many issues of compatibility and functionality.

Pros

Very Basic in what it can offer and do

Cons

Lacks major functionality and does not incorporate well to the major trucking industry standards and programs

The overall experience to date has been mixed.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to track unit location. the ability to get real time data on the operation of the unit.

Cons

Were not set up in the beginning with the correct access to fully use the Telatrac system. This hampered the ability to use all the reports and monitoring that that we had available.

Excellent GPS tracking for our trucks

Pros

What I enjoy and like the most of all is I am able to pull up the location of our trucks and in just a few clicks see exactly where the truck is sitting. If its backed into a dock or in a parking lot, or at a truckstop. I don't have to call the driver every time to get a update that can also be done via text message right from the software.

Cons

The reports for diagnostics on the truck could be a little easier and user friendly to pull up reports.

Money Saver!

Pros

I love this software because it's easy to use. It's basically dummy proof, plus if you do need help with anything there are videos to assist plus customer service to assist as well. It has helped our company save a lot of money with employees when it comes to work hours.

Cons

This system has potential, but the learning curve can be too much for folks who aren't tech-savvy

Pros

The customer service. Teletrac employs good salespeople and they have taken care of us and ensured that the software and product meet our needs.

Cons

Learning curve that comes with the stigma of being "tracked". People are defensive and do not take to the software.

Teletrac Navman

Training and set up was hard to get through. Didn't feel we didn't get the support we needed. However, once set up it seems to be running well.

Pros

The ease of use. It is also very spot on. We also got the cameras on this too. It is good insurance to protect your assets. Very happy with it.

Cons

Set up is detailed which is good but the lack of instruction. Still working through it. I haven't found a global set up so set up has to be done for each truck.

Excellent Fleet Management Solution

Highly recommended. Both our construction/energy services divisions havedemo'd multiple platforms in past including Fleetmatics and Networkfleet, neither have the quality and features of Teletrac. Should be a no-brainer for most...

Pros

We began using Teletrac's Fleet Director primarily for vehicle location monitoring and navigation, however after learning of Fleet Director's safety analytics add-on we have recently adopted an internal driver safety program utilizing the driver scorecarding metrics. We now incentivize and motivate our employees to be wary of engine idle-time as well as safe driving speeds. Learning more and more about the benefits of this software everyday. Great product!

Cons

Can't say that we have ran into any negatives at this point.

Run away!

Customer service was terrible, it would take weeks to get something fixed.

Pros

When it worked, it was great. Our drivers found it easy to work.

Cons

It wouldn't work all the time, customer service was awful, we could not get up graded to ELDs and we had been with them for 7 years.

Not worth entering into a contract with them

Take your money somewhere else, customer service is lacking, they are all over you at the time of sale, they ignore you trying to cancel and won't return calls.

Pros

It does gps tracking, it's more for tractor-trailer truck tracking and not a service fleet, they come out and install.

Cons

You don't have a contract with them, they create 36-month contracts for every device if you add a device its a new contract, not worth doing business with them. When we tried to reach out to cancel, we emailed, called and never got a response. We once called twice a day for 2 weeks, never got a call back from our rep, it was a joke in the office, horrible.