Termly

GDPR Compliance Software for Websites & Online Businesses

Termly Reviews

Justin K.

Really satisfied and impressed by the strength of this software.

Elena C.

Kurt H.

Cons

Difficult (impossible) to add your own language into the policies.

Mike T.

Patrick F.

I'm not sure of the cost structure of the product.

Kathryn W.

4.5

Great solution for keeping sites up-to-date with Privacy Policy, Terms of Use and Cookie Notices

Termly has been a great solution to help our digital marketing agency provide privacy policies, terms of use and cookie notices for our clients' websites. Termly makes it easy to provide these important notices.

Pros

Termly makes it super easy to create privacy policies, terms of use and cookie notices and add them to your website.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints. Termly is super easy to use and implement and does what it's supposed to do.

Great for creating policies for small businesses.

We found Termly on the web and are glad that we did. It saved an enormous amount of time creating and posting policies. For the price, it is a bargin!

Pros

We have found termly to be extremely easy to use. It was simple to create policies using the wizard. By answering a series of questions our policies were created for us in minutes. They look very professional and help us to remain compliant with very little effort. I highly recommend the product.

Cons

We had a small challenge figuring out how to place the policies on our website, but once we understood how to do so, it was very easy to update and maintain.

Easy to Use and Designed Right

Easy to buy, easy to sign up. I had a legal question and they got back to me in 24 hours.

Pros

I choose Termly for its design and features. I ended up upgrading to the pro account to service a few websites and languages.

Cons

The documentation on how to place the cookie and privacy policy was good, but would like to have seen videos.

Takes the headache out of policy management

I have been extremely pleased with Termly.

Pros

Love the fact that Termly generates the appropriate verbiage based on a simple questionnaire. Also love the fact that Termly keeps my policies up to date and notifies me of important developments in the law governing required disclosures on business websites.

Cons

I would be glad for more flexibility with the look and design.

Thank you Steve for the feedback and appreciate the time you took to leave a review.

Easy to implement without re-inventing the wheel

Set it and forget it. I have yet to receive a compliance request, but this software gives me piece of mind that I am adhering to various legislative bodies' requirements to protect end-user privacy and allow for them to opt-out of analytics tracking.

Pros

It's as easy as implementing analytics tracking on a website, just add the required snippets according to the installation guide and handle the rest from termly.io.

Cons

Locked into a subscription, so this increases the total cost of ownership for the web property.

Amazing Product, Amazing Price, Amazing Support

I received the benefit of a comprehensive set of website policies that are attorney-drafted and easy to use and understand.

Pros

Offers all the major website policies Offers website policy customization Competitively priced Easy to use product

Easy to Comply

I was able to get my website into compliance! Thank you!

Pros

It was easy to create a cookie policy and pop up!

Cons

I'm not sure of the cost structure of the product.

Money well-spent

Easy to figure out and deploy.

Pros

It is hard to stay up-to-date on all those legal changes that impact website policies. Termly does it for us.

Cons

So many questions to answer - but I appreciate that Termly is thorough!!!

Powerful and Easy

Pros

Very easy to set up. Easy to write a policy with the wizard. Easy to integrate into software.

Cons

Difficult (impossible) to add your own language into the policies. This can be a good thing for compliance, but hard when you want to customize.

Termly is a great service for those of us who aren't lawyers

Termly has been the perfect middle-ground for me in a sea of "free" policy generators that aren't as comprehensive or require much more manual entry and lookup and other professional options that cost an arm and a leg in fees to deploy. I love the concept of always having automatically updating policies with regards to the ever-changing legal climate online and the mess of becoming compliant in a variety of jurisdictions and foreign countries and blocs.

Pros

Termly's website walks you through every possible edge case for compliance on your website for cookies, terms of use, and privacy policies. It does this through a step-by-step interview process whereby the data is collected based on your website's needs, features, and means of harvesting data from your users. Once you are done answering termly's questions you end up with a pretty well structured and visually polished document that can be incorporated into your website in a variety of ways. I chose to link my policies directly to termly so that the most up-to-date edits from their legal team regarding website compliance and new privacy requirements in other countries are automatically addressed.

Cons

I wish the embedded feature that I am using would load quicker on my website. When I click on my policies I am greeted by a 2-3 second delay while the data is fetched from the server. It may seem pedantic on my end, but there must be a way to embed the policies and have them load faster with some form of pre-caching on termly's end or via website plugin of some kind. I don't like the process of adding a new website to termly, however. It asks you to pay immediately and then there is no interstitial to tell me that the website has been created and is ready for policy creation. I have to add a website again and then it magically is ready for me. Something seems amiss about that workflow.

Great Company

Pros

GREAT Company and platform. It is great to have terms of service and privacy policies written for you to embed in website. When a policy changes you just edit the policy and click publish, no need to find every place on your website that you put the agreement to edit it. Company is great as well. Price and pricing strategy has changed since I purchased but they keep renewing me with the price and terms that I originally purchased which is great too.

Cons

Really wish they had a plug-in for TOS acknowledgment banners within iOS apps.

Thank you Justin for the feedback, we are glad you like our service. As for the TOS banner, I will pass this along to our development team.

Termly privacy and T & C policies for websites and apps

Very satisfied.

Pros

When my developer told me I needed a privacy policy and a terms & conditions policy, I had no clue where to start. I built these policies for my business applications using termly, It was simple. and I have modified the policies once or twice.

Cons

There really is no downside to this product.

Great software

Pros

Easy to use and value for money. I'll be using all the features for my website.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about the software

Recommend for ease of use

Pros

I love Termly because once you set it up, you are good to go. I am a busy blogger and was so happy to get all of the legal aspects of my blog set up quickly and easily with Termly.

Cons

Really nothing comes to mind. I found it very straightforward and easy to put the terms and conditions into my website.

Good if you're concern is GDPR, but doesn't handle multi region well

Unfortunately, we have begun looking at more expensive solutions as it seems you et what you pay for when it comes to cookie consent and policy management platforms.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to set up from both a cookie consent and policy management standpoint. You can set how frequently it scans the site and updates the modules installed.

Cons

Doesn't handle multi-region compliance well if you're US based. Will not allow cookies to be set even in opt-out regions, resulting in a huge drop in analytics and remarketing capabilities.

Hi Mike, Thank you for your feedback! Our team is pleased to hear that Termly is easy to use. Regarding multi-regional compliance, You can minimize the impact of the cookie banner installation on analytics metrics using geo-targeted banner settings. In regions unaffected by or have less strict data privacy laws, you can configure your Termly banner to be less strict and, therefore, more...

It's OK

As above in "cons", had a lot of issues which I think are avoidable and quite basic for a software development company Their support team are pretty poor, they sometimes reply to you but rarely with anything helpful and almost always "I'll speak to our product team". It might be better to put that team in direct contact with the customers.

Pros

It's easy to set up, it scans automatically for new cookies on the website

Cons

Doesn't capture customers seeing new cookies which would be a great feature Unable to share data between different websites which means you spend a lot of time putting the same data in multiple places Modal pop-up is "in beta" so when it breaks your website the support team won't help, or reply to your tickets Doesn't work with Google Consent Mode, requests to their support team go unanswered Unable to download consent logs, this is a feature they support but raised multiple times with support and it's been fixed and then broken again

Did a great job of providing me with the docs I needed

Pros

I had no idea where to start with Ts and Cs, privacy policy's etc. Termly sorted it all out for me perfectly and saved me hours and hundreds in potential costs getting everything manually written.

Cons

I had all the features I needed with termly.

Create and manage policies in a snap

Pros

The wizards guiding you through every aspect of a policy helped me ensure I had the right language in all of my policies. Embedding them once complete is super easy.

Cons

Nothing at all. From the start, Termly was everything I hoped it would be.

Absolutely worth it

Amazing experience. Really satisfied and impressed by the strength of this software.

Pros

Very easy to use. Integration was also phenomenal. Really easy and fast to set up everything. Gives me peace of mind to have my business running and respecting the laws in different countries.

Cons

To me it is the monthly subscription. Since I am so small. But it is still worth it.

Privacy Setup

Pros

Did find it easy to follow to set up my policies.

Cons

At this time I could not think of any features.

Startup using termly

Good, but dislike the subscription basis.

Pros

Great product, easy to use and efficiently meets needs

Cons

I did not like the fact that I had to keep paying a subscription even if I was not using it

Good software for managing policies

Pros

Easy to implement, update and use. All policies in one place.

Cons

Sometimes you need to look around for a bit longer than anticipated to find the setting

No support, misleading features.

Pros

Not much to mention here. Looks acceptable.

Cons

It clearly states in the features that users can host the privacy policy on their website. However, this is not true. It's only an embedded version that is actually hosted on Termly. Support hasn't responded in 3 weeks... No refund issued.

This reviewer only left a rating