All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Taiga

The project management tool for multi-functional agile teams

Taiga Reviews

Pros

The UI is great, you can easily create cards, track progress and more for your team. Also you can manage the theme of the dashboard, I loved it.

Juan Jose O.

Read the full review
Overall it’s an amazing software for free and moving in right direction.

Santosh P.

Read the full review

Cons

Hate when scrolling side to side in the kanban and my browsers back and forward through history is invoked, especially when it causes me to lose a detailed user story I'm in the middle of typing.

Rick C.

Read the full review
It can be clunky at times and it lack features for more complex projects. It's mostly simple Kanban tool.

Andrzej M.

Sarah B.

4.3

Cool tool to organize the job for your team

We were using taiga for over 1 year to manage a team of software developers. Since we were using SCRUM for agile methodology, taiga was the chosen tool to complete the work

Pros

Cons

It is a little bit expensive and you can create just 1 project for free, after that you need to pay.

A very easy start

Pros

Starting to work in a small team with Taiga is just easy. We haven't gone for the full integration of the development lifecycle and we are ok with that: we think that the cost involved is way too high for the value it brings, as ours is a composite architecture. It is friendly, clear and nice to use. Simple.

Cons

I miss the opportunity to see the history of a given item and its evolution.

Hi Sylvia, thanks for your review! Have you checked the comments and activity timeline for both user stories and subtask? This provides the history and allows to audit changes both on a project level in the project timeline as well as on user story/subtask level in their respective views

A good product for the price given.

Finally a product with which the management was happy (attractive price). People (developers) finally started to use ONE product for keeping track of development of different products & projects and things are now handled in Taiga instead in txt files, SVN commit comments etc. Its easier to keep track of the development status of a product - but every member of team must use Taiga regularly - which was the hardest part to agree on.

Pros

We chose Taiga over other similar available products because of the price and its simplicity. Its good for tracking progress of development, issues and options for adding custom user inputs. Integrations with other platforms is a plus.

Cons

Easy (simple) reporting for management (weekly, monthly) would be a nice-to-have function. Sometimes the website works a bit slow. Wiki pages could work a bit better. Automatic reminder for issues that were not updated (touched by anyone) in some period would be good to have as well.

Easiest application with the right amount of features

Taiga helped us a lot to organize our projects and keep track of tasks. I like that it'ss simple and not overloaded with functionalities. Configuration and customization of project can be done in minutes.

Pros

Taiga is not overloaded with features like other applications. The learning curve is very short because of that and the UX is very intuitive.

Cons

Kanban board is the best way to keep track of tasks but makes it easy to lose track of stories that don't have individual tasks created on them.

Hi Geronimo, thanks for your feedback. It would be good to understand a bit better your use case on tracking tasks on the Kanban board

Easy to use, 100% customizable and very high performance

Pros

We have used it mainly as a kanban board and it fits perfectly to our needs. It allows us to easily replicate our workflow and has saved many hundreds of hours of management and communication both within the team and with the customer. It is fast and its usability is excellent, reducing to the maximum the number of clicks to perform actions. Highly recommended.

Cons

The SCRUM features were less suited to our needs, although we did not fully explore them.

Hi Gonzalo, thanks for you reveiew

Overall a vey good product

Pros

It's the ease if use, even for our clients. Mainly we use the ticket system which is outstanding. Also it runs very stable with almost no downtime.

Cons

I don't like the new pricing system where we have to pay a lot more due to calculation per member. We develop quite small software projects, but testing on client side often needs 6-8 people, which makes Taiga quite expensive. A feature based pricing would be much better.

Hi Eycke, thanks for your feedback

Project and issues management which is not time consuming

We finally have a useful project and issues management tool that we keep up-to-date without eating up too much time. Not everybody likes it - because their favourite and "absolutely necessary" feature is missing ;) And that is fine.

Pros

The simplicity of Taiga is its best feature! Keep it simple to avoid becoming too complicated to use (like so many other project management tools) and too time consuming to properly manage. There are custom attributes, and if you need more than a handful of those you're headed for the swamp. This is a tool, a means to an end, not an end in itself.

Cons

The reporting is a bit too rudimentary. There is a need to extract meaningful information, by applying filters (and also on custom attributes). I currently have to do this outside of Taiga, which is somewhat cumbersome.

Thanks Yves for your review!

Taiga is nice collaboration tool between different organizations

Taiga is an easy and complete tool that provides excellent Agile collaboration and sharing funcionalities.

Pros

Taiga covers the whole left by most of similar software when it is needed as a collaboration tool between different organizations. The way it is licensed allows to easily share and collaborate between parties without the company boundaries found in other software models.

Cons

The integration and migration functionalities with other platforms

Thanks Juan Francisco for your feedback. We are currently working on an upgrade of our integrations. We expect to have that live end of the year

I mostly like taiga at work. I manage ten projects and can easily share those.

- Rapidity - Historization of tasks - Social around specifications - WorkFlow from ideation to deployment - Ease of communication with partners around multiple projects

Pros

- Workflow configuration, many options around status - MD for the content of US & Tasks - Comments & actictivities for the US & Tasks - Vote & Tag management - Ease of search

Cons

- Pay to get multiple project on the Mobile App - Some feature "hard to find" - Some important nice feature missing in my process (ex 1 when you promote an issue to a US, you need to keep attachment and such things) (ex 2 hard to use Kanban & Scrum for the same project) - lack of tutorials for new features (never manage to drag&drop multiple cards) - Need to improve backlog priorization - Link between projects, import, export need

great open source option

i think that is the best free alternative to run projects

Pros

ts a great free open source option to run teams and projects. easy to use, cool user interface andexperience . integrations with gitlab, totally customizable

Cons

confrence calls can work better. it sually freezes. the option Is relatively new and has room for improvement

Thanks for your review. Let's see whether we can get our conference call function more stable

User Friendly and Helps you Stay organised

Keeps me organised and on track with daily projects

Pros

Intuitive User Friendly Simple Very easy to use Good organisation

Cons

No real cons with this software, it is a good package that does exactly what it says on the tin

The best Kanban board we have found

Love the tool, being in AUS the servers can run slow from time to time but most of the time it is responsive. There is no tool out there that is as intutive to use.

Pros

All Agile tools are limited but they are limited in different ways. Taiga is the only one I keep coming back to. It's Kanban board is the most intuitive we have found and it is simple yet feature complete as a 'product backlog'.

Cons

Like all agile tools, managing multiple teams with multiple products running multiple projects is difficult. As long as you pick one of the 3 dimensions to manage the tool works great. I would like to see a burndown feature where I can mix and match the 3 dimensions at will. I have yet to find a tool (besides a spreadsheet) that allows me to do that.

Thanks Valberg for your review! We are working on a multi project dashboard. Would be great to better understand your use case to see how it can help is create the optimal design for that.

Well designed and provides the tool set required to tackle projects.

Team productivity and management has been simplified. Progress tracking and reporting has become easier when we break down tasks to the bare bones. The Slack and GitLab integrations have been nice for modifying tickets from commits and merges.

Pros

The Kanban board is my favorite feature for tracking feature development status. The progress bar of what has been completed on the Kanban page is very nice as a progress indicator when informing clients of progress on certain features. The custom fields have been convenient for billing purposes and the ease of use when moving tickets around is nice and fun to do.

Cons

The issues board often ends up with a lot of smaller features that can be categorized as "Enhancements" but it's still confusing that their under the Issues umbrella and even their URL's say issue. A way to have enhancements that don't qualify for a full story, but are not an actual issue/bug should be categorized in a different why, or at least represented differently.

Very Good Framework - What you get out of the software is exactly what you put into it.

Pros

- Easy to switch between projects - Ease of assigning story points - Dashboard

Cons

- You have to manually indicate an epic has stated (this should be automatic once a task has been marked in progress or complete) - More guidance/Best Practices would be helpful. A challenge because of wide-variety of use, but it would helpful to get folks started - It takes effort to figure out what works/doesn't work

Hi Jim, thanks for you review! I agree that it would be more logical that an Epic moves to started after any of the user stories have started. However we want users to have the possibility to customize stages for Epics. That makes it hard to automatically change the status

Have not found anything better to manage our sprints... very intuitive and has a nice clean look

Helped manage our sprints

Pros

Very easy to use with drag and drop functionality. Very nice api to plug into the data. Like the organization of the tasks, stories, etc. Very well laid out. Makes it easy to manage our stuff.

Cons

Would like the ability to drag multiple items on the backlog, not just the Kanban. Be nice to be able to add a story when looking at a sprint, rather than add to the backlog and then have to drag it into the sprint. Be nice to have a filter on the taskboard for a particular user... so I could say just show me my stuff and it would only show stories and tasks assigned to me Not a fan of the new pricing model... not sure I will be able to get my manager to continue

The best agile project management tool is Taiga

Pros

When JIRA didn't meet our needs, we analyzed every tool on the market and decided on Taiga due to it having the lowest number of clicks per action in our workflow. Its easy to get started with, the search features are fantastic, and it scales well from tiny projects to monsters.

Cons

We use almost exclusively the issue tracker because of it is the most flexible and has the best searching/ordering of the Taiga views. However, issues can't be owned by user stories or epics, which limits our ability to organize large projects. I wish issues could be used as children of larger scope items like epics.

Taiga is the tool to organize the tasks of all my projects

This tool has allowed me to organize, control and follow each of the assigned tasks for the execution of all my projects.

Pros

What I like most about software taiga is that it allows me to organize the tasks of my projects well and have control of them, since the programmer must indicate when a task is in progress or when the task is finished, besides allowing us to know the Development time of each one. It is also super useful because you can add the client and the same can see how the development of your project is and follow up.

Cons

Although I really like Taiga and I use it in all my projects, it would be interesting to have a mobile application, in which to have a summary of each project and be able to have the status without a computer necessarily.

Software Dev Manager who's used more than 50 web-based project management tools with Agile teams.

Easy adoption, allows us to view project priorities in the nice high-level overview of the kanban as well as break down stories in more detail using subtasks and epics.

Pros

Love the kanban display. Out of the 50+ products I've used, the kanban view of Taiga is my favorite hands down! And I love the way your sub tasks/stories work.

Cons

hate when scrolling side to side in the kanban and my browsers back and forward through history is invoked, especially when it causes me to lose a detailed user story I'm in the middle of typing :(

Visually appealing and nice if you follow it's workflow

Pros

Visually it's the best of what I've seen. So many project management applications look terrible, so Taiga is refreshing in that aspect. The user story vs task is a good fit when your workflow matches that - ie making user stories first, adding them to a sprint, adding specific tasks to them. Open source is always a good thing. I messed around with the api a little bit and it seemed easy enough to use.

Cons

I was never able to actually convince a workplace to switch to Taiga because it lacks the level of customization that some other project management tools have. I don't use it personally because Gitlab has such nice project management tools built in and I love having everything in one system. Taiga seems to be positioned in between the simple but integrated tools of Gitlab and the complex/ugly interfaces of Redmine. Being placed in the middle makes it not a great fit for any particular project. Taiga shines when using the User Story + Sprint + tasks breakdown. However not every project needs that. Using just the kanban board helps - but Taiga doesn't really mimic the custom workflows that an app like Redmine or Jira can do.

I'm using this software as developer team manager. Everyone like it in the team.

A great Agile organisation helper.

Pros

It's made by developers for developers. Very well thought and made. The philosophy is very comprehensible. And more, with a great U/X skill.

Cons

The price who exploded this year ! Considering the size of our team, we can't follow ! However, there could be only a little change that make us happy and still paying : don't make us pay inactive users (and handle the feature of inactive users of course)!

Really great tool! Taiga has allowed us to get rid of all other Scrum tools we were using

Much much easier to use than Jira.

Pros

It is really easy to use, everyone has boarded really quickly with it. We were previously using lots of different tools from Google Spreadsheet to JIRA. Taiga is much simpler to use. I don't see any other tool that would match our requirements.

Cons

User Interface feels a bit old: it might be a bit shinier. We've also tried to install the Open Source version on our server using Docker but the documentation was pretty poor at the time. Finally, we've decided to use the hosted version and we are really happy with it: it is not really expensive.

You can manage your projects using one single application.

It help us to mange our projects & practice the agile process. This is a very good tool to use for an software company.

Pros

1. Team board inspire the employees to achieve their targets. 2. KANBAN board is a very useful part of the taiga. Because you can have the idea about your project status & you can manage the tasks. 3. You can get a idea about all the project tasks using the backlog & also its provide the overall summary. 4. The notifications are display on the Timeline & by clicking on the users name & available links system can redirect to the mention issues & users action history.

Cons

1. Its feel like screens are more complicated. For a user it will take time to adopt with the system & mange them.

Manage the projects without the headaches

We are able to manage both project management & issue tracking using this application. So we no needed to have multiple applications.

Pros

-- KANBAN board helps to manage & measure the project status. -- Can add the issues for the ongoing project. -- Team board will provide the details about team spirit. -- Timeline display the notifications of all the changes done by users & clicking on the users' name can extract the history of the respective users' works. -- Backlog display the overall summary of the projects & display all tasks.

Cons

-- Its little bit confusing working with different kinds of screens. -- There have some terms that users cannot understand them easily until they figure it out.

Taiga is a useful tool for daily stand up and scrum planning

Very positive. We use it daily and have had very little issues with it. Great product.

Pros

Our team have particularly liked the colour-coding function for tasks relating to projects in Kanban, as well as the burndown function in the scrum setting.

Cons

We find it difficult to keep individual scrum boards updated in projects when our stand up is in the Kanban board. It would be good to have a way to link them.

Hi Sarah, thanks for your review! It would be great to understand a bit better your use case to see whether we can do something about it

We needed a system for tracking issues/user stories as our project grew, Taiga seemed best

Taiga made managing multiple projects with dozens of users easily. But the pricing change makes it too expensive for a small company (< 10 internal users)

Pros

Taiga is simple to use, and easy for nearly anyone, even non-technical helpdesk and clients can use it and understand what they are doing.

Cons

A big reason we chose Taiga was their pricing model, a flat rate for 25 users. That model changed recently to a per-user per month basis. We need multiple accounts for external clients as well as internal users and this pricing model makes it too expensive for a small company. We are/were grandfathered in for the duration of our contract, which when it expires, we will move away from Taiga.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.