Taiga Logo

Taiga

The project management tool for multi-functional agile teams

Taiga Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.07/10

Reviews by rating

The UI is great, you can easily create cards, track progress and more for your team. Also you can manage the theme of the dashboard, I loved it.
Maybe the best tool to work with agile methodologies of projects management. Agile teams love this tool because of it ease of use and all the functionalities it has.
We chose Taiga over other similar available products because of the price and its simplicity. Its good for tracking progress of development, issues and options for adding custom user inputs.
Hate when scrolling side to side in the kanban and my browsers back and forward through history is invoked, especially when it causes me to lose a detailed user story I'm in the middle of typing.
It can be clunky at times and it lack features for more complex projects. It's mostly simple Kanban tool.
The UI sometimes gets distorted on some resolutions.

VL

Valberg L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

The best Kanban board we have found

Love the tool, being in AUS the servers can run slow from time to time but most of the time it is responsive. There is no tool out there that is as intutive to use.

Pros

All Agile tools are limited but they are limited in different ways. Taiga is the only one I keep coming back to. It's Kanban board is the most intuitive we have found and it is simple yet feature complete as a 'product backlog'.

Cons

Like all agile tools, managing multiple teams with multiple products running multiple projects is difficult. As long as you pick one of the 3 dimensions to manage the tool works great. I would like to see a burndown feature where I can mix and match the 3 dimensions at will. I have yet to find a tool (besides a spreadsheet) that allows me to do that.

Thanks Valberg for your review! We are working on a multi project dashboard. Would be great to better understand your use case to see how it can help is create the optimal design for that.

YM

Yves M.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Project and issues management which is not time consuming

We finally have a useful project and issues management tool that we keep up-to-date without eating up too much time. Not everybody likes it - because their favourite and "absolutely necessary" feature is missing ;) And that is fine.

Pros

The simplicity of Taiga is its best feature! Keep it simple to avoid becoming too complicated to use (like so many other project management tools) and too time consuming to properly manage. There are custom attributes, and if you need more than a handful of those you're headed for the swamp. This is a tool, a means to an end, not an end in itself.

Cons

The reporting is a bit too rudimentary. There is a need to extract meaningful information, by applying filters (and also on custom attributes). I currently have to do this outside of Taiga, which is somewhat cumbersome.

Thanks Yves for your review!

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

Prefer Jira, Using with Third Party Vendor

It serves its purpose for the single project we use it for but much prefer to use Jira.

Pros

We use this for very simple project management at the request of one of our third party vendors. It is good for scrum work and we make good use of the project wiki, but overall much prefer Jira, which we use in house for our other dev work.

Cons

It has a steeper learning curve and some of the terminology used is non-traditional and takes getting used to. There are also some annoying UI.

JE

Jim E.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Very Good Framework - What you get out of the software is exactly what you put into it.

Pros

- Easy to switch between projects - Ease of assigning story points - Dashboard

Cons

- You have to manually indicate an epic has stated (this should be automatic once a task has been marked in progress or complete) - More guidance/Best Practices would be helpful. A challenge because of wide-variety of use, but it would helpful to get folks started - It takes effort to figure out what works/doesn't work

Hi Jim, thanks for you review! I agree that it would be more logical that an Epic moves to started after any of the user stories have started. However we want users to have the possibility to customize stages for Epics. That makes it hard to automatically change the status

MR

Mark R.

Computer Hardware, 1,001-5,000 employees

Have not found anything better to manage our sprints... very intuitive and has a nice clean look

Helped manage our sprints

Pros

Very easy to use with drag and drop functionality. Very nice api to plug into the data. Like the organization of the tasks, stories, etc. Very well laid out. Makes it easy to manage our stuff.

Cons

Would like the ability to drag multiple items on the backlog, not just the Kanban. Be nice to be able to add a story when looking at a sprint, rather than add to the backlog and then have to drag it into the sprint. Be nice to have a filter on the taskboard for a particular user... so I could say just show me my stuff and it would only show stories and tasks assigned to me Not a fan of the new pricing model... not sure I will be able to get my manager to continue

CA

Chase A.

The best agile project management tool is Taiga

Pros

When JIRA didn't meet our needs, we analyzed every tool on the market and decided on Taiga due to it having the lowest number of clicks per action in our workflow. Its easy to get started with, the search features are fantastic, and it scales well from tiny projects to monsters.

Cons

We use almost exclusively the issue tracker because of it is the most flexible and has the best searching/ordering of the Taiga views. However, issues can't be owned by user stories or epics, which limits our ability to organize large projects. I wish issues could be used as children of larger scope items like epics.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

great open source option

i think that is the best free alternative to run projects

Pros

ts a great free open source option to run teams and projects. easy to use, cool user interface andexperience . integrations with gitlab, totally customizable

Cons

confrence calls can work better. it sually freezes. the option Is relatively new and has room for improvement

Thanks for your review. Let's see whether we can get our conference call function more stable

The tool is seamless, lightweight; my team finds it very intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

Lightweight and user experience makes the software standout from it's competition. Although we have not used the API and the integration capabilities, we are excited for the possibilities that exist for making the product handshake with the other tools that we use internally.

Cons

We'd like to see the tool evolve and become more customizable so the end-users have more control towards configuring the dashboard and the elements they maybe interested in. Another area where the tool can be better is reporting and metrics. Support for basic scrum/agile reporting metrics (burndown chart, etc.) can help teams.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

We've been using Taiga for about 14 months to track software and content projects.

We were able to organise projects for about 40 people on several teams without having to spend what something like JIRA costs.

Pros

It's very flexible and lets us adapt the Kanbans to our needs for each team. The reports generated are good.

Cons

It has connectivity issues at times. Perhaps needs an infrastructure upgrade. Cannot bulk remove or delete items from the backlog.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Taiga needs more time to catch up

Project management, product management, issue tracking.

Pros

Tiaga is easy to set up, has the core product management features you need, and offers multiple strategies out of the box. There are also easy ways to manage open source projects, including tools to find volunteers and share product plans. Overall, the functionality is what you expect for a basic project management tool.

Cons

Taiga lacks the advanced and comfort features that make the job easy. This includes easy Kanban-style ticketing view, full customization, higher level project management (epics), and a fair pricepoint. While you can host Taiga yourself and add this customization, as it is open sourced, few will have the time or patience to do this. These issues do not make Taiga impossible to use or recommend, but will frustrate users of JIRA or Pivotal.

DB

David B.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Visually appealing and nice if you follow it's workflow

Pros

Visually it's the best of what I've seen. So many project management applications look terrible, so Taiga is refreshing in that aspect. The user story vs task is a good fit when your workflow matches that - ie making user stories first, adding them to a sprint, adding specific tasks to them. Open source is always a good thing. I messed around with the api a little bit and it seemed easy enough to use.

Cons

I was never able to actually convince a workplace to switch to Taiga because it lacks the level of customization that some other project management tools have. I don't use it personally because Gitlab has such nice project management tools built in and I love having everything in one system. Taiga seems to be positioned in between the simple but integrated tools of Gitlab and the complex/ugly interfaces of Redmine. Being placed in the middle makes it not a great fit for any particular project. Taiga shines when using the User Story + Sprint + tasks breakdown. However not every project needs that. Using just the kanban board helps - but Taiga doesn't really mimic the custom workflows that an app like Redmine or Jira can do.

DC

Dasun C.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

You can manage your projects using one single application.

It help us to mange our projects & practice the agile process. This is a very good tool to use for an software company.

Pros

1. Team board inspire the employees to achieve their targets. 2. KANBAN board is a very useful part of the taiga. Because you can have the idea about your project status & you can manage the tasks. 3. You can get a idea about all the project tasks using the backlog & also its provide the overall summary. 4. The notifications are display on the Timeline & by clicking on the users name & available links system can redirect to the mention issues & users action history.

Cons

1. Its feel like screens are more complicated. For a user it will take time to adopt with the system & mange them.

NY

NARENDAR Y.

Helped us get more organized on the issues and enhancements

Pros

1. The current plan of 5 projects without restriction on the number of users for a fixed monthly price was good for us. 2. The tagging and search feature is very good 3. Ability to add Custom attributes is also very good

Cons

1. I got an email recently that the current plan will not be offered next year. We will be charged per user. We may look at other options. 2. No integration with TFS.

TR

Thomas R.

Defense & Space, self-employed

Very good app that does what is is asked too

Very good

Pros

Focuses on productivity and simplicity on its core features, scrum & kanban. Not only simple too use but simple to deploy. Just what I need. Now I can spend time producing.

Cons

Probably little lack in nice and graphical reporting I still haven't found how to easily do multi-selection.

Hi Thomas, thanks for your review. We are working on a new look and feel and plan to release that end of this year including a multi project view

FN

Felipe N.

Really good platform

Pros

have a beautiful design is fast and easy to use. permit a good work with teams. works better than trello

Cons

should be better with an api for Zendesk, plus the point could be most customizable. the mobile app works bad

Andrzej M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Good for simple use (kanban like), but lack features for really complex projects

Pros

Simple, clean and easy to use most of the time.

BB

Brian B.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

By far the best diagram software existing today.

All the benefits of Visio and Omnigraffle, but in a better, easier to use, platform independent software.

Pros

Not platform specific. Will work with Mac, Linux, or Windows. Can import Visio and Omnigraffle documents and icon/shape sets. The ability to generate SQL from an ERD! It's BADASS!

Cons

This is not really a dislike, but an idea.... It would be great if there was a place that had user created shape sets that we could explore and download.

Events Services, self-employed

Great for Event Planning

My overall experience using Taiga was positive. I would recommend it.

Pros

My partner and I used Taiga to collaborate on and plan a major event. It was very useful for this purpose and would likely be good for other project management as well.

Cons

I didn't find the hierarchy system especially intuitive and felt like it was often difficult to find and update particular tasks.

EL

Eduardo L.

streamline your project

My experience was excellent since I could monitor what each member of my work team did and this allowed me to manage each of the tasks that should be assigned to the members

Pros

It is a very good option to manage times in the projects through the scrum methodology that improves the times notably

Cons

I do not have cons as regards the system since it is very intuitive regarding the use

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

My take on Taiga.io

At this point I'm satisfied, but if the planning allows it I try to avoid Taiga.io when I can.

Pros

Firstly, the aesthetics. Secondly how well organized the progress tracking is kept by the app's online Kambam.

Cons

It's not that easy to get the ropes of the app, at first the design of the app may seem not so intuitive.

JV

Jan V.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Tool allowing to jump into agile development with my team.

Simple and affordable issue and task tracking across team.

Pros

Simplicity. Issue tracker, backlog, planning sprints with burnout chart. Team members are easy to manage. Tasks in backlog are easy to rearrange.

Cons

The biggest problem lies on user's side: to use it in full power, one has to keep using it for longer term and it may be demanding (but it brings progress into the project). A bit strange colour scheme, a bit lost in editing issue texts. Personally I feel more in control when I edit issues in GitHub. Integration to Bitbucket repositories, commits and issues (did not dare to try if it is present at all).

lahiru w.

good project management

i use this application once to select of the application to be selected.

Pros

can create our project task as stories. can assign user on projects and can write task in very descriptively.

Cons

user interfaces are very complex and it is very hard get enroll with this. need additional training provide to uses to get started.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Brilliant tool and easily customised!

Pros

I love this tool, it's easy to see everything and the time feed of what's recently been changed or updated is brilliant!

Cons

I really dont have any faults with this products. It might be a bug but the only things is getting rid of the customise box once you've customised.

Not so good Project Management Tool

There is more room for improvements

Pros

- Supports multiple projects and team members - Open-source platform - Simple kanban board to track progress

Cons

- Categorizing and linking items are difficult - Very basic functionalities - Navigation between items is very cumbersome

DA

David A.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

This is great Project Management Software with a super good Mobile App

This software has a great Kanban layout especially on the mobile app.

Pros

This software is simple and down to earth. The functions that are there are easy to use and straight forward. There are plugins available but I have not researched and plugins yet. I really like the Kanban layout on the mobile app. It is clear and very easy to see what is going on.

Cons

This software is simple and easy to use but I think an area for risk management would be helpful. Even a specific area set up for issue tacking would be helpful.